PDA

View Full Version : Why is this board so sloooooow?

BigRigTom
08-03-2007, 01:38 PM
I have bailed several time recently because I just can't wait any longer.
What's the problem here?
Anyone know? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Deeman3
08-03-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm having the same trouble and thought it was just me. I know the traffic is not that high right now as we don't have a lot of hot topics going on. Maybe one of our computer literate guys can clue us in.

1Time
08-03-2007, 04:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BigRigTom:</font><hr> I have bailed several time recently because I just can't wait any longer.
What's the problem here?
Anyone know? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

This is a job for the moderator, ccboard_admin.

Vapros
08-03-2007, 04:22 PM
I dunno, but it's been that way ever since Gayle and the Democrats got control of Congress.

BigRigTom
08-03-2007, 04:44 PM
I hope that's not the case.....because if it is and Hilary gets in the White House we'll have to start writing letters on paper again...that would be faster anyways.

DickLeonard
08-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Vapros I think the Board Administrator is clearing the minds of the thick headed Republicans. His job is monumental, so Pray for him. Say a prayer to GWB to Speak to his God because our God has washed his hands of the Republicans.####

Koenig
08-03-2007, 04:56 PM
This could be a sticky. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sig
08-03-2007, 05:48 PM
This board is like a throwback to when Al Gore first invented the internet

1Time
08-03-2007, 06:57 PM
The board seems to be clicking along fine now. Apparently all that needs to be done to get it back up to speed is to start a thread like this one.

Jal
08-03-2007, 07:24 PM
I contacted the administrator about the problem last week (which has been a problem for months now). He or she said they would ask the host to do something about it. Apparently, they have a very obstinate host.

Jim

wolfdancer
08-04-2007, 12:59 AM
Dee, I'd help out, but NASA just called me about some glitch in one of their computers.
In the meantime I have a balky computer myself needs to be taken care of. I'm connected, but can't pull up a web site (my other computer)
I went to school for these things in the 60's, the IBM 405, but can't find the board to check all the jackplugs

In checking out IE-7...I found 2 DLL files missing, and one INF file not available....tried to reset IE, tried to restore ....
IE could be the problem, except that I had Firefox, and that didn't work either ...
If I can't get this fixed in time to help NASA, that shuttle mission will have to be canceled...
Back to the original thread....I've had trouble getting this site to load, ever since Bush got into the WH....I always figured it had something to do with the negative stuff Gale posts about this admin....and the poor defenses against those charges.
Maybe BD is getting some discount rate from netzero to host the site,,, and every tenth user....uses up the allotted bandwidth for that hour....where are them jackboards? http://http://www-03.ibm.com/ibm/history/exhibits/vintage/images/4506VV4006.jpg

Gayle in MD
08-06-2007, 08:13 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well now, this is strictly between us, but according to some high level Washington sources, this is a fairly recent, and nation wide problem. It seems there is so much shredding, and deleting of E-mails, going on in the White House, that all of Al Gore's "Internets" are running slow.

Not to worry, friend. Nancy is on the job, and Hillary is helping. I'm certain that their new found power will insure that both the internet, and bin Laden, will soon be running faster than ever.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Love,
Gayle

dr_dave
08-06-2007, 08:18 AM
I've also contacted people at BD about the problem, and they said they are aware of it and trying to come up with a solution.

Dave

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jal:</font><hr> I contacted the administrator about the problem last week (which has been a problem for months now). He or she said they would ask the host to do something about it. Apparently, they have a very obstinate host.

Jim

<hr /></blockquote>

wolfdancer
08-06-2007, 12:16 PM
I'd sure like to have the document shredding concession at the White House.
Between the erasure of files and the refusal to honor subpoenas......has there ever been an administration with more to hide from not only the public, but from the other branches of Government?
AND....just in case some proof of criminal activity somehow survives ...there's that "advance pardon"

1Time
08-06-2007, 01:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 1Time:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote BigRigTom:</font><hr> I have bailed several time recently because I just can't wait any longer.
What's the problem here?
Anyone know? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

This is a job for the moderator, ccboard_admin. <hr /></blockquote>

But then again I could be wrong. According to a few posting in this thread, politics is largely responsible for how fast or slow this board responds.

This comes as quite the revelation to me, and now makes me wonder if politics may be responsible for a lot of other things too, you know, like global warming.

Jal
08-06-2007, 02:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dr_dave:</font><hr> I've also contacted people at BD about the problem, and they said they are aware of it and trying to come up with a solution.

Dave

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jal:</font><hr> I contacted the administrator about the problem last week (which has been a problem for months now). He or she said they would ask the host to do something about it. Apparently, they have a very obstinate host.

Jim

<hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>Dr. Dave, in a moment of frustration, I was a bit curt with the administrator, having forgotten that I am a guest who enjoys their wonderful service free of charge.

Knowing your style, I'm sure you did better.

Jim

dr_dave
08-06-2007, 02:16 PM
I think the more people that contact the administrator ... the better (even if some are curt). If the wheel is squeaky enough, maybe it will get some oil.

Dave
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jal:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote dr_dave:</font><hr> I've also contacted people at BD about the problem, and they said they are aware of it and trying to come up with a solution.

Dave

Jim<hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>Dr. Dave, in a moment of frustration, I was a bit curt with the administrator, having forgotten that I am a guest who enjoys their wonderful service free of charge. Knowing your style, I'm sure you did better.

Jim <hr /></blockquote>

BigRigTom
08-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Responsibility is like beauty.
It is in the eyes of the beholder.

A little course in politics and it's logic:
Politics are responsible for everything and anything good or bad.
Politicians will only claim responsibility for the good things which make the republicans the only truthful politicians because;
All good political things are due to republicans and all bad political things are due to democrates.
Of course that is only my opinion. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Gayle in MD
08-07-2007, 04:04 AM
LOL...what other branches? They've all been turned into the Republican Party! DOD, DOJ, CIA, JC Of S, you name it, all automatons! Congress is our only hope...

Hey, never fear, I have exhuberant, and lavish hope for the future, /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Love,
Gayle

Snapshot9
08-07-2007, 04:32 AM
Being a Sr. Software Analyst with a lot of mainframe experience, it could be any number of problems. It is like asking what is causing that knock in my engine?

My suspicions are that it is the way the host server is organized, and priorities assigned for running applications that pertain to this board, but, like a mechanic, you can not find out what really is happening without getting into the 'engine' of it. This is about like trying to fix a PC over the phone.

Rich R.
08-07-2007, 05:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Snapshot9:</font><hr> Being a Sr. Software Analyst with a lot of mainframe experience, it could be any number of problems. It is like asking what is causing that knock in my engine?

My suspicions are that it is the way the host server is organized, and priorities assigned for running applications that pertain to this board, but, like a mechanic, you can not find out what really is happening without getting into the 'engine' of it. This is about like trying to fix a PC over the phone. <hr /></blockquote>
If you are into conspiracy theories, you must consider the fact that the administrator for this forum is also the owner/administrator for a major, competing, forum.

"Things that make you go Hmmmm." /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif