PDA

View Full Version : House Dems steal a vote!

pooltchr
08-03-2007, 05:41 PM
I can't believe there is so little attention being paid (Other than, of all things, the New York Times!) to the events that have transpired in the house of thieves over the past few hours.

Last night at 11pm, the house voted on a Republican motion that would prevent any funds from the agriculture bill that is being debated from being spent on aid for illegal aliens. The motion passed by a margin of 215-213. Immediately after the vote, the speaker announced that the vote was a tie at 214-214, thereby rendering the vote void. The dems later announced that in fact the motion had been defeated by a vote of 216-212. It was at this point that all Hell broke loose in the house. CNN had a 6 minute video of the entire event on their web site, although I don't know if they have removed it yet.
This morning, the Dems apologized for the entire fiasco. Republicans asked to have the vote re-submitted, but Speaker Nancy (we're going to clean up the house)Pelosi said that was a frivilous motion and it was denied. Funny thing....the entire episode has been removed from the congressional record.

I would love to hear any comments from the left on this board that can in some way explain or defend the actions of the Democratic THEIVES running the house. This is the kind of thing I expect to see in 3rd world dictatorships, but in this country, it is outrageous!
Democracy just took a huge step backward, thanks to the actions of Nancy Pelosi and her band of theives. When things don't go their way, they resort to pure dishonesty to get their way.
Thank you to all of you who support this woman. I predicted there would be some problems with her, but even I never imagined it could reach this point!
Steve

wolfdancer
08-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Score one for our side....we've had some six years now to learn from the "masters"......ya got to fight fire with fire. And when you're up against the originators of "dirty tricks", you have to get down in the mud, and the pig poop with them, if you want to win.
Go Nancy!!!!!

Drop1
08-03-2007, 07:13 PM
I would respond,but that would be frivilous. Kind of like going to Iraq,because of a lie. However,I'm disgusted more attention,wasn't given to Nancy.

eg8r
08-03-2007, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Score one for our side....we've had some six years now to learn from the "masters"......ya got to fight fire with fire. <hr /></blockquote> LOL, the Dems said they were going to "do the right thing" and here you are praising them for lying to you. You guys call the Reps suckers, you might want to look in the mirror.

eg8r

pooltchr
08-03-2007, 09:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Score one for our side....we've had some six years now to learn from the "masters"......ya got to fight fire with fire. And when you're up against the originators of "dirty tricks", you have to get down in the mud, and the pig poop with them, if you want to win.
Go Nancy!!!!! <hr /></blockquote>

Let me try to understand. They had to cheat to steal the vote so they can take your tax money and spend it on illegal aliens who don't even belong in this country.....and somehow you find this to be a good thing??????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Steve

Sid_Vicious
08-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Hubba-Hubba, and none of the left's maneuvering cost a life or broke the constitution. Bout time Nancy grew a gonad or two, and played "their" game for a change. sid

DickLeonard
08-04-2007, 05:46 AM
Pooltchr I think it is better than lying to us and spending two trillion on a War.

Where were you when GWB was running amuck. But it is nice to see your waking up, Rip.####

pooltchr
08-04-2007, 06:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Pooltchr I think it is better than lying to us and spending two trillion on a War.

Where were you when GWB was running amuck. But it is nice to see your waking up, Rip.#### <hr /></blockquote>

That's the result of tunnel-vision. When the basic premise of our democracy is undermined, it does damage to everything our country is built upon. There is no integrety in the house leadership, and they have shown they will do whatever they damn well please, regardless of the ethics or lack there-of. You are so blinded by the Dem vs. Rep thing you will close your eyes to what is going on. Lose the jersey...find the truth!

You are justifying the illegal actions of someone just because someone else has done something worse. How ignorant can that be? Should we give a free pass to the guy that goes out and kills someone because last week some guy we out and killed 2 people? It's that attitude that has allowed our system to deteriorate to the point where most Americans have little faith in congress. You get all bent out of shape because you don't like what the Republicans do, but when the Dems do something wrong, you just say it's ok because it's their turn. Where is YOUR integrety???????????
Steve
Steve

BRussell
08-04-2007, 09:11 AM
This story line depends on the idea that Republicans actually won the vote, which they didn't. The official final tally was 216-212 in the Democrats' favor. The only debate was about the exact nanosecond the gavel hit the table, in relation to when the votes came in.

pooltchr
08-04-2007, 11:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BRussell:</font><hr> This story line depends on the idea that Republicans actually won the vote, which they didn't. The official final tally was 216-212 in the Democrats' favor. The only debate was about the exact nanosecond the gavel hit the table, in relation to when the votes came in. <hr /></blockquote>

The tally showed 215 yea and 213 nay...And if what you say is true, why did they originally call it at 214-214 tie? The vote was stolen, pure and simple. You can deny it if you want, but try to watch the 6 minute video that CNN had up on the web, and then tell me the vote was above board.
Steve

wolfdancer
08-04-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm not sure that the vote was stolen, as you claim, but with the count that close, it was as unpopular as it was popular.
As to this Republican Vs Democrat thing....and the now supposed lack of integrity on our part....
For a few years now, I've never seen you offer a critical comment on any of the Republican scandals that have come out, BUT now with a slight power shift to the left...you're
suddenly looking for some evil wrongdoing, some left wing conspiracy...and it seems Nancy is your target. From the Samoan tuna fish scandal to rigging a close vote....
I wish I had heard that word...integrity, brought up at least once by the right, as each Republican "insider"was tried and convicted...or just resigned in disgrace.
If you want to know about a real rigged vote....how about the vote by Congress to support the President's war agenda....after they had been lied to, and the facts covered up? For that matter, how about the rigged election votes that kept this pos in office?
And if Nancy got free tuna fish for life, for her efforts...it doesn't even come close to the no bid contracts
awarded to GWB supporters, to profit from this war
Integrity....? I can't believe you even mentioned the word..

Drop1
08-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Could you tell me what the basic premise of our democracy is,and what our country is built upon? Is one dependent on the other?

BRussell
08-04-2007, 12:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote BRussell:</font><hr> This story line depends on the idea that Republicans actually won the vote, which they didn't. The official final tally was 216-212 in the Democrats' favor. The only debate was about the exact nanosecond the gavel hit the table, in relation to when the votes came in. <hr /></blockquote>

The tally showed 215 yea and 213 nay...And if what you say is true, why did they originally call it at 214-214 tie? The vote was stolen, pure and simple. You can deny it if you want, but try to watch the 6 minute video that CNN had up on the web, and then tell me the vote was above board.
Steve <hr /></blockquote>I don't know exactly what happened, but I do know (and I think you know) that votes often change towards the end. It's possible that Democrats cheated and stole this vote. I think it's also possible that Republicans lost the vote and are simply whining and trying their best to make a stink over nothing.

You can guess which one I think is more likely. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sid_Vicious
08-04-2007, 01:16 PM
"...you're suddenly looking for some evil wrongdoing, some left wing conspiracy...and it seems Nancy is your target."

Pathetic...sid

pooltchr
08-04-2007, 04:23 PM
Wolf,
I have never offered my support to anyone, rep or dem, who is guilty of criminal activity. (Guilty being the key word here. Guilt comes from the facts, not opinions) Scooter was convicted. He's guilty. He deserves whatever he got.

The New York Times, well known to lean ever so slightly to the left, even came out against the events of the other night. The Dem's apologized! Why would they do that if they didn't know they had done something wrong???

I brought it up because for 6 years, I have listened to the ranting and raving of some of the liberal posters here pounce on everything the current administration has done, and sing the praises of the opposition party. When I think something is wrong, I will speak out, and I don't care which party someone belongs to. My issue comes down to one word...partisanship! Too many people are quick to condemn the other side and defend their own side for similar actions. It's ok, because someone else did something worse. That is no justification.

I can't count the number of times I've read "Bush lied" on this forum. How can anyone be upset with GW and yet not be upset with Nancy? A lie is a lie. (Except, of course, if you are lying about sex with an intern...then it's ok)
Nancy told the country that things were going to be different with her group in charge. Guess what? She Lied! This is the kind of crap that happens more than we even know, yet where is the outrage? As long as we the people accept this BS from either side, we will continue to get the pi$$-poor government we have had for the past 15 years or more.

Until the mentality of "It's ok as long as it's my guy (or girl)", we are going to get exactly what we deserve.

Steve

pooltchr
08-04-2007, 04:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Could you tell me what the basic premise of our democracy is,and what our country is built upon? Is one dependent on the other? <hr /></blockquote>

Honest government that is in place to serve the people. Representatives who actually represent the people who elect them, rather than joining up with the party leaders who have no interest other than getting as much power as they can.

The BS the dems pulled off this week is what I expect from some banana republic...not from the leaders of what is supposed to be the greatest democracy (representative republic) in the world.

If you don't get it, go to your local community college and take a civics class.

Steve

pooltchr
08-04-2007, 04:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> "...you're suddenly looking for some evil wrongdoing, some left wing conspiracy...and it seems Nancy is your target."

Pathetic...sid <hr /></blockquote>

Nancy is the one who promised a change in the way business was going to be done in the house. She's a common thief and a liar. She's the one who is "pathetic".

And no, she's not my "target". I just call 'em like I see 'em. I don't like her, but I don't like Hillery, Teddy, McCain, Rudy, Edwards, and several others. There are at least 7 or 8 Republican candidates for president that I would not be happy to see in that office. There are just as many Dems who would not be any better.
Nancy isn't a target...but she sure knows how to draw fire!
Steve

DickLeonard
08-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Pooltchr the Congressman who was in the Speaker's Chair is my Congressional Rep. He wrote me that he can't act on Impeaching George Bush until the House Judicary sends a Bill to the Floor. Thanks for that prod Gayle.

In the meantime just go the TimesUnion.com seven day archive for the Congressmans report of the Incident. Seems he hit the gavel before the electronic vote changed making him right and the Repubs wrong. The they walked out and subsequent votes still put the Democrats winning the vote.####

DickLeonard
08-04-2007, 08:08 PM
Pooltchr I guess I should have called you Rip Van Winkle. Rip went over your head.####

DickLeonard
08-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Pooltchr I guess I should have called you Rip Van Winkle. Rip went over your head.####

Drop1
08-04-2007, 08:39 PM
The key word is government,and both parties have demonstrated a lack of ability to serve the people. I had my share of civics classes,and have given up reading recipe books for how to run a country. What the democrats did was stupid,only in the sense they apologized,a mistake,the republicans never would have made. I don't favor either party,as neither can offer up a world class candidate. Thanks for your time.

Qtec
08-04-2007, 10:28 PM
I would have thought that they might have said, "maybe we did get it wrong, why don't we had a re-vote?

Oh wait, they actually DID say that but that wasn't acceptable to the lunatic fringe- the Reps. LOL

GW stole Florida and they never say anything about that. Caging?

Q

DickLeonard
08-05-2007, 06:34 AM
Qtec GWB didn't steal Florida that was God Appointing Him President.

What Idiot would think God Appointed him President with all the goings on in Florida. If he did think God was involved why wouldn't he demand the recounting of the votes. Then it would have been Gods Will. Once he accepted the Supreme Court appointing him President he Ruled out God having any part in that Fiasco.Rip Van Winkle.####

Gayle in MD
08-06-2007, 07:14 AM
You are welcome, Dick, and I am glad that you followed up, and made the call for impeaching George Bush, and Dick Cheney.

This has got to be the funniest thread ever written on this site! After over six years of asking "Where is the outrage?" from the right, about republican election fraud, about our being lied into a war, cherry picked intelligence, torture, being illegally spied on, gross Republican corruption, presidential signing statements used to dilute the legislated laws of the land, outed covert agents by the White House, followeed by the pardoned criminal who took part in the outing, and then obstructed the investigation to protect the President, his aide, and the Vice President, failure to address the growing number of hungry American children, decaying American infrastructure while our tax dollars are being wasted in Iraq, ignorred victims of Katrina, Republican tricks like middle of the night votes on 700 page spending bills with no time allotted to read them, a speaker of the house who covered up for a sex predator, a Vice President who yelped out on the Senate Floor to a Democratic representative, "Go F. yourself," lack of medical treatment, equipment, and rest and training for our troops, billions lost in Iraq, and forever unaccounted for, no bid contracts to the Vice President's business cronies, allowing Iraq to distract our country from getting the man who plotted and executed the attack on 9/11, and although the list goes on and on, here, at last, we have outrage, over a botched vote!!!

<font color="red">UNBELIEVABLE! </font color>

pooltchr
08-06-2007, 06:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>

<font color="red">UNBELIEVABLE! </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Actually, what is unbelievable is thay you, who has made a career of posting ad nausium about everything you deem wrong with the Republicans, just can't bring yourself to admit that the Dems are just as bad. Take your blinders off.
Steve

Drop1
08-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Take Gayle out of the picture,take the Dems out,and look at what this country has become,under Bush,Cheney,Rice,and the rest of the inner republican circle. Take the war in Iraq out,take the enormous debt that has been built up,take the failed leadership during,and after Katrina,take out the loss of jobs,finally take the millions of honest republicans out,because what is left,is what you have,with,or without blinders.

wolfdancer
08-07-2007, 12:45 AM
Dick,I was flipping tv channels tonite, and watched "wrestling" for a few minutes, since it was being televised from my home town. The match was so poorly scripted, that I don't even think they are pretending anymore that it is real. BUT, the stands were filled with fans believing they were watching a real sporting event.
I think one needs that same kind of wrestling fan mentality, to keep on believing in GWB.
I'm now even beginning to think GWB may be a victim here. He was a flop in the business world, and his National Guard fiasco is well documented.....it's also well documented that he can't answer a question that has not been scripted by his advisers, in advance.....and now even his speech patterns are as suspect as Ronald Reagan's were. I don't believe he was ever clever enough to pull off this mass deception, or even formulate the plans to put it in motion....I think people should take a closer look at Cheney...
Maybe the real arch criminal here is actually Cheney...although they all belong in prison.
Anyway, the hardest thing to change is one's belief system...facts, hard evidence become ignored.....

Gayle in MD
08-07-2007, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, what is unbelievable is thay you, who has made a career of posting ad nausium about everything you deem wrong with the Republicans, just can't bring yourself to admit that the Dems are just as bad. Take your blinders off.
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">LMAO! Oh, I've got the blinders, ha ha ha. Well, since you have made a career of bashing me for stating my opinions about outrageous Republican law breaking and incompetence, ad nausium, as you nit pick over comparatively minor Democratic infractions, I'd say you're the one with the blinders. When the Democrats lie us into a war, spend for six years like drunken sailors, display unprecedented incompetence and outrageous lies to cover up all their illegal activity, remove habeas corpus, and start spying on Americans, maybe I'll get pissed at them, too. </font color>

<font color="red">I think it's ridiculous for either you or Eg to acuse anyone else of being partisan, or hypocritical, when you've both either overlooked, or ignored, all the illegal, immoral, and incompetence of Republicans, but jumped at every minor mistake made by the Dems. I've said all along, it's always the party in power that gets out of hand. This time, though, every single thing republicans did was either illegal, immoral, or incompetent. I can't recall any Democratic majority performing this poorly, nor any Democratic president. but then, only 70 percent of American feel as I do.

Have a nice day...cheer up, Hillary and Nancy will straighten it all out, LOL. </font color>

pooltchr
08-07-2007, 04:34 AM
Only you could consider stealing votes in congress to be a "minor infraction".
I give up...you are a lost cause!
Steve

Gayle in MD
08-07-2007, 06:29 AM
According to my reading, your version is slanted. Also, yep, it's a minor infraction, compared to the Republican bahavior we've all witnessed for the years previous to this year. You should give up, as our values are quite different. I'm against torture, against lies to lead ut into war, against abusing our troops, against politisizing the entire DOJ, against spying on Americans, and relying on a purgering thug like Gonzales to see that our privacy rights are not abused, against a Vice President setting up his own separate secret government, so he can get the intelligence that will send our youth to war to die for the bottom line profits of his former company, against no-bid contracts, against religious fanatics sticking their noses into the private, persona decisions of women, against removing sex education, and replacing it with a load of religious bull****, against preserving cell at the expense of curing deseases, against allowing corporate fascists to set our political agenda, against cutting taxes to borrow money from a future enemy to pay for an un-necessary war, against election fraud, against redistrubuting the major portion of wealth, to the wealthiest, against sending Americans to war without proper training, rest, and equipment, and then lying about it, against outing covert CIA agents and putting other agents at risk because their husband exposed lies by the President, and Vice President, against a President, and National Security advisor who sluff it off when there is unprecedented proof that we're about to be attacked by alQaeda, and then insinuating for three years that some other country was involved, against a President who took over seven months to meet with the terrorist CZAR, after he requested an emergency meeting, against a President whose ego required him to dismantle every safe gaurd that had been implemented to protect us, just because they had been implemented by a Democratic President, against a Republican Majority who refused to perform their duty of checks and balances when an incompetent bunch of liars displayed extreme incompetence and abuse of power for six damn years, and covered up and blocked all the investigations while people were dying, in Iraq, and in New Orleans, against a bunch of neocons, rushing into war, after our own experts told them the intelligence they were using, was not reliable, against a president who send us to war, and then fails to see that our troops get decent treatment after they come back with their brains, legs, arms, gone, and doesn't check up on how their doing, six blocks away, while they're fighting off rats, and roaches in their beds, Yeah, do give up on me, friend. Our priorities are extremely at odds.

I change my party affiliation when one party gets too much power, and starts to destroy my country, wage un-necessary wars, and spend like drunken sailors, running up more debt, and borrowing more money than any administration in history, and starts to F.UP a war, after insisting on waging it, against all odds and advice, and then tries to justify an illogical, stupid decision, and their incompetencer, by continuing to spill other peoples' blood.

I don't continue to support lying criminals, just because they buy my vote with a tax cut! I get much more irrate over such radical, extremist, self-serving, arrogant behavior then over a little behind the scenes BJ between consenting adults, or one fouled up vote on the Senate Floor.

There is NO party, that I support, indefinately, at all times, regardless of their performance. We're all left to deal with the fact that power corrupts. Some of us commit to the issues of the day, and work to remove the party which is doing the most damage, under the conditions prevailing, rather than continue to supprot their bad behavior by denying what they're up to.

How many more American Troops must die to help a country of people, and their many warring factions, who ALL think it is OK to kill Americans? How long do we occupy a country, when 70% of them want us to get out? How long does it take a republican to wake up to incompetence? How long do we lose life and treasure, fighting another country's civil war? What's more damaging, one stolen vote, or over 3,600 stolen American lives?

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
08-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Yep,its a whole new country,and that is the point I was trying to make,in my last post. The America, we grew up in,is in no way the America, our grand children will live in. We can make all the jokes we want about Ed,and religion,and a President with no vision,of what could be,but when all is said, in every since of the words,we no longer are free,tolerant people.

eg8r
08-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Here is another example of the irresponsible left agreeing that two wrongs make a right, especially after they hypocrtically took control of the government under the guise of "doing the right thing".

I thought it was quite hilarious to read the part about election fraud. LOL, unbelievable.

eg8r

eg8r
08-07-2007, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Take Gayle out of the picture,take the Dems out,and look at what this country has become,under Bush,Cheney,Rice,and the rest of the inner republican circle. <hr /></blockquote> Why play games, you cannot remove them.

eg8r

eg8r
08-07-2007, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dick,I was flipping tv channels tonite <hr /></blockquote> I did not know Drop's real name was Dick.

eg8r

wolfdancer
08-07-2007, 11:16 AM
I think you have made a very somber point here. As the threat of terrorism grows, we will be giving up more of the freedoms that we now take for granted. And with the number of fringe lunatics already here(and I'm not just talking ultra rights), it's unreal to think that we won't be subject to internal terrorist attacks.
I kid here about Ed, religion, etc....it's my way of dealing with that kind of rationale that overlooks the obvious,and then, the incomprehensible support for GWB and his criminal agenda....
It would not surprise me if we suffer a terrorist attack just before the elections, or before a newly elected President can take office...and Martial law will be declared, the Constitution suspended, and GWB remains in power.....
That is a pretty far fetched, worst case scenario....took me several gin &amp; tonics to even dream it up...but except for the attack itself....would be viewed with favor by those that believe that only GWB can protect the country, and a Democratic President will capitulate to the Terrorists.
You are correct though... your not yet born,grandchildren will grow up in a USA under a vastly different form of Government....Will they be forced to pray to Allah five times a day...or forced to attend services at a Southern Baptist church (the newly recognized national religion)??
Even Tv will be different....as Bob Hope once said in citing the difference between American and Russian Tv....
"it watches you"

Drop1
08-07-2007, 12:04 PM
We will become a nation of Eds,people without imagination,wit,or grace,thinking in a box,without capacity to extend the present into the future,or even admit the present affects the future. In short a nation of manipulated self important dolts.

Deeman3
08-07-2007, 12:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>
It would not surprise me if we suffer a terrorist attack just before the elections, or before a newly elected President can take office...and Martial law will be declared, the Constitution suspended, and GWB remains in power..... <font color="blue"> I think that an attack on our soil again would be reason to hold GWB accountable and not even come near an excuse to postpone an election. Even against a sitting president, that's why many in this coutry are armed. </font color>
That is a pretty far fetched, worst case scenario....took me several gin &amp; tonics to even dream it up...but except for the attack itself....would be viewed with favor by those that believe that only GWB can protect the country, and a Democratic President will capitulate to the Terrorists. <font color="blue"> This would still not mean a democrat was willing to protect the country but would give a boost to any who had strayed too far from the left. </font color>
You are correct though... your not yet born,grandchildren will grow up in a USA under a vastly different form of Government....Will they be forced to pray to Allah five times a day...or forced to attend services at a Southern Baptist church (the newly recognized national religion)?? <font color="blue"> I don't know of anyone calling for Christianity to become our only religeon, unlike the Muslims. I do think we will deliver our country to them, not have it taken by force.</font color>
Even Tv will be different....as Bob Hope once said in citing the difference between American and Russian Tv....
"it watches you" <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">The constitutional rights remain in effect for all Americans and will do so until we surrender them. I do consider pretending that a 90 year old Black woman poses the same threat at the airport, or in telephone conversations with Muslim fundamentalists in Pakastan are the same as wiretapping a political rival are not so hard for our people and courts to descern between.

The democrats are just getting ready to prove they are incompetent as the republicans they will replace. They will just be cheered on by a different crowd in the beginning, then roundly booed by all later.

The simple fact is that none of the persons running on either side is qualified nor trustworthy to handle the job, those who might be would not consider the job. We will settle for much less than we need but maybe more than we deserve. We will belittle Christians and defend the rights of those who would destroy us. That's the American way. </font color>

DickLeonard
08-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Pooltchr I know you didn't read the article in the Times Union Archives about the Rep. version of the vote. He is from a small town of 3 or 4 thousand people and considers it an Honor to fill in the Chair. Unlike many of the previous occupiers.

The vote was 214-214 when he slammed the Gavel.Rip.####

wolfdancer
08-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Dee, I always take a little poetic license in my posts...exaggeration for the sake of....
You however, sincerely believe that a Democratic
President, a Democratic Majority Congress, would accede to terrorist demands???
Personally I don't like any of the announced candidates and have already ruled out voting for anybody whose name ends in a vowel, or a Y, or begins with an Mc.....and I'm not too thrilled with the rest....

Deeman3
08-07-2007, 03:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Dee, I always take a little poetic license in my posts...exaggeration for the sake of....
You however, sincerely believe that a Democratic
President, a Democratic Majority Congress, would accede to terrorist demands??? <font color="blue"> I believe that any of the democratic candidates will do anything to avoid military conflict, unless they can prove the impossible, exactly what individual attacked us and go after that person after months, years or decades of debate unless it is needed to draw attention away from domestic sexual indiscretion, for instance. I do not, however, believe that any of the present republican candidates would do much better. Despite Obama saying he would invade, I don't think he would. I like him but don't think he is crafty enough to survive the Clinton assault, much less the republicans later. I think Hillary will select him as VP although many say she will hold a grudge and not select him. She is way too pragmatic to let hard feelings cost her the nomination. I think she is a long shot. More from unfairness than my dislike of her. Her nomination is the only chance the republicans have in 2008. I really hope she wins. We (republicans) deserve her through our total botching of an excellent opportunity to do some good. </font color>
Personally I don't like any of the announced candidates and have already ruled out voting for anybody whose name ends in a vowel, or a Y, or begins with an Mc.....and I'm not too thrilled with the rest.... <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue"> I would not trust any candidate I have seen to watch my dogs and I don't even like the dogs! </font color>

Gayle in MD
08-07-2007, 04:17 PM
I'm sure that you don't think Republicans promising to restore honor to the White House, reduce the size of Government, refrain from Nation Building, end run away spending, and bring honor to our country, was a lie, though.

Seems to me that I recall a certain Speaker of the House, covering up for one of his own, who had been putting the moves on Senate Pages throughout his tenure.

And then our dear Newt, outraged over Clinton's little cigar, while all along he was jumping in bed with his own mistress.

And Barr, outraged over abortion, while paying for his wife's abortion, with his personal check.

Republicans have crippled this government for years, and blamed the Democrats for all their own F. ups. There's no shortage of hypocrits in your camp, believe me.

However, Bush takes hypocracy and incompetence to a whole new level, on every front, that's why he can't show up at ball games, or stand before any crowd that isn't hand picked, and also why 70% of Americans say we're heading in the wrong direction.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle in MD
08-07-2007, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that an attack on our soil again would be reason to hold GWB accountable and not even come near an excuse to postpone an election. <font color="red">Does that mean he gets off for the first attack under his watch? He sure had plenty of warnings that it was on the way, that it was al Qaeda planning it, and that it involved air planes. </font color> Even against a sitting president, that's why many in this coutry are armed. <font color="red">Here's one thing we agree on, Deeman. I'm not giving up my guns, either. We're all going to need them, after screwing around in Iraq, losing ground on the real threat to our country, bin Laden, we'll all get the chance to see just how inhumane Americans can be when bin Laden's freedom leads to the attack he's been free to plan for seven yeaers, thanks to your boy Bush. </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">And you can be certain that if a Democrat was bombing terrorists, Republicans would be accusing him/her of wagging the dog, and then promptly dismantle and throw away all the intelligence he had gathered to protect us, in order to implement an occupation against some country that was no threat, but had some oil to steal. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know of anyone calling for Christianity to become our only religeon, <font color="red">No, just for our democratic Republic to be turned into a theocracy. </font color> unlike the Muslims. I do think we will deliver our country to them, not have it taken by force. <font color="red">We won't have to deliver it, Reagan, Bush and Bush did it for us long ago, and bush is still sending arms to Arabs, history repeating itself, no lessons learned, Reagan sent them arms, too, as did bush Senior. In fact, Republicans have spread around more damn weapons than one can shake a stick at, and done so behind our backs, some fo the time. Of course they all get amnesia when pressed about it. </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

[ QUOTE ]
The constitutional rights remain in effect for all Americans, <font color="red">Many scholars would disagree with that statement. We now must rely on the DOJ purgering AG as a check against Bush and Cheney's spying, and suspension of Habeas Corpus, and the definition of torture. </font color> and will do so until we surrender them. <font color="red">They have already been removed through hundreds of signing statements, executive priviledge, Bush and Cheney's secret government, pre-emptive pardons for illegal activity, and their Patriot Act, another name that really means if you gripe about your privacy being invaded, and rights being destroyed, by over-reaching liars, you're an unpatriotic terrorist lover. </font color> I do consider pretending that a 90 year old Black woman poses the same threat at the airport, or in telephone conversations with Muslim fundamentalists in Pakastan are the same as wiretapping a political rival are not so hard for our people and courts to descern between. <font color="red"> What makes you think the courts will have the opportunity to even make a judgment call? We're all supposed to just trust the furor to make that decision, and then trust the purgerous Attorney General, his partner in crime, to blow the whistle on the very man he's been lying for, for over twenty years.</font color>

The democrats are just getting ready to prove they are incompetent as the republicans they will replace. <font color="red">Ha ha ha, you wish. No party could match what we've watched these last six years. Oh, the right will overblow every little infraction, even make up new language, to insight their noble little sheep into outrage. but turning off the whole world, giving terrorists a cause celebrae, lying us into a war, and borrowing more money than all former presidents put together, abusing American troops, failing to respond to National Disasters, losing billions of dollars? That's a tall order for any party, but yours managed to accomplish all of it. </font color> They will just be cheered on by a different crowd in the beginning, then roundly booed by all later. <font color="red">I seem to recall 97% of Americans thinking that the impeachment was ridiculous, and not giving a damn about Clinton's sex life. Also, seems he is loved all over the world. How's you boy George doing? </font color>

The simple fact is that none of the persons running on either side is qualified nor trustworthy to handle the job, those who might be would not consider the job. We will settle for much less than we need but maybe more than we deserve. We will belittle Christians and defend the rights of those who would destroy us. That's the American way. <font color="red">Oh here we go again, no distinction between zealots. It's pretty simple, regardless of which God is involved, zealots endeavor to dictate, hence, they're dangerous to all, and in my book, any group that seeks to force all others to agree with their religious dogma, is a threat. History has proven that over and over.

It's our system that needs to be addressed. The election process in this country is a joke, from the beginning debates, which are not debates at all, to the primaries, to the elections, which have been corrupted long ago. We need to work together to change the election process, and implement public financing.

Oh, and BTW, if you do decide to trust anyone with that dog of yours, I hope it won't be Romney, or Frist, since they have both admitted to amimal cruelty. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">Regardless of how many scholars state that this is the worst administration in history, the most power abusing president, the most secretive, pompus, incompetent, and decietful presidency of any, when the resulting devastation finally hits home, and it will, you can always rely on blaming Clinton's BJ. That'll suffice, for atleast 30%. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif </font color>

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
08-07-2007, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe that any of the democratic candidates will do anything to avoid military conflict, <font color="red"> That is supposed to be the American way, war only as a last resort. Too bad Georgie boy didn't subscribe to that principle, there would be a lot fewer terrorist in the world, according to our onw NSE. </font color> unless they can prove the impossible, exactly what individual attacked us and go after that person after months, years or decades of debate, <font color="red">yeah, right, lets not be too careful about sending our troops into harms way, far better to go off half cocked, and make a big devastating mess, that makes everything worse, turns us into torturing occupyers, and destroys our national honor in the eyes of the world. Let's just make as many enemies as possible, atleast we'll have a chance to see another Republican dress up in his flying suits. </font color> unless it is needed to draw attention away from domestic sexual indiscretion, for instance. <font color="red">That's the Republican definition of a Democrat, bombing terrorists. Bombing by Republicans is only performed when they can bomb the wrong enemy. </font color> I do not, however, believe that any of the present republican candidates would do much better. Despite Obama saying he would invade, I don't think he would. I like him but don't think he is crafty enough to survive the Clinton assault, much less the republicans later. I think Hillary will select him as VP although many say she will hold a grudge and not select him. She is way too pragmatic to let hard feelings cost her the nomination. I think she is a long shot. More from unfairness than my dislike of her. Her nomination is the only chance the republicans have in 2008. I really hope she wins. We (republicans) deserve her through our total botching of an excellent opportunity to do some good. <font color="red">Atleast your last statement is accurate. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

pooltchr
08-07-2007, 06:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I really hope she wins. We (republicans) deserve her through our total botching of an excellent opportunity to do some good. <font color="red">Atleast your last statement is accurate. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>
<hr /></blockquote>

Wow, I actually agree with Gayle, agreeing with Dee! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Hillery becoming president would certainly qualify as severe punishment for the failure of the Republicans to stick to conservative values. Instead of turning the country over to the liberals, our leadership would become socialist! Imagine seeing that face on the news every night! All Republicans should begin repenting immediately!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

eg8r
08-07-2007, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure that you don't think Republicans promising to restore honor to the White House, reduce the size of Government, refrain from Nation Building, end run away spending, and bring honor to our country, was a lie, though.
<hr /></blockquote> You are completely missing the point and changing the subject of my post on purpose. A lie is a lie I don't know why I have to continue saying that to you. Do you bother to remember anything other than negative news towards the current administration?

Lets see if we can get this through your thick head, I am getting tired of dealing with your childishness. No matter what the Right has done or been accused of...the left charged into control of Congress under the guise that they would do the right thing (for the average 4th grader they could figure out the Left is the subject). They continue to do the opposite of this. If you had any integrity whatsoever you would recognize this and admit it. You will not admit the hypocrisy because for some reason you believe if the Reps did something worse then the Dems, then the Dems are off the hook for everything they do wrong. I don't care who you are, if you lie then it is a lie it does not matter who said a worse lie, when you boil it all down it was a lie.

eg8r

eg8r
08-07-2007, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does that mean he gets off for the first attack under his watch? He sure had plenty of warnings that it was on the way, that it was al Qaeda planning it, and that it involved air planes. <hr /></blockquote> To be quite honest, if you want to play these games then the first attacks were Clintons since the planning was happening under his watch. I bet there will be another attack on this country and it will involve some sort of transportation in one way or another...now what do you suggest our government do about it? Bringing up this type of intelligence is stupid. If the "acronymns" had any concrete evidence on anything then they would have gone after the people and stopped it right then. There is plenty of proof in the last 6 years of foiled plans. Once there is real evidence they go in and stop it.

You are just grasping for pathetic straws. It is embarassing to watch someone who actually thinks they are well researched to act this way.

[ QUOTE ]
No, just for our democratic Republic to be turned into a theocracy. <hr /></blockquote> No one has been calling for that either.

[ QUOTE ]
Many scholars would disagree with that statement. <hr /></blockquote> Many agree with the statement so who cares. Your disagreeing scholars are no more intelligent or informed than the agreeing scholars.

[ QUOTE ]
Ha ha ha, you wish. <hr /></blockquote> The Dems are already proving it. Just watch how poorly they are acting right now with the vote stealing.

[ QUOTE ]
I seem to recall 97% of Americans thinking that the impeachment was ridiculous, and not giving a damn about Clinton's sex life. Also, seems he is loved all over the world. <hr /></blockquote> You would have loved him also had he thought enough of you to actually let you sleep in Lincoln's room.

[ QUOTE ]
Regardless of how many scholars state that this is the worst administration in history <hr /></blockquote> Exactly, disregard them because there is an equal amount of scholars who disagree with them.

You keep bringing up the non-issue sexual actions of Clinton, I am beginning to wonder if you are a little jealous.

eg8r

eg8r
08-07-2007, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really hope she wins. We (republicans) deserve her through our total botching of an excellent opportunity to do some good. <hr /></blockquote> While I agree with your logic, I just don't think the American people really deserve her. I really don't think anyone deserves that woman as a President of anything.

eg8r

pooltchr
08-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Forget it, Ed. She can write 20 paragraphs of every thing every Republican in the history of the country has done that she doesn't find suitable to her own way of thinking. There's no room left in her brain to even consider the possibility that the Dem leadership is no better than the administration that has her blood boiling.

As for the "A lie is a lie, period", we've already been through that. She can't comprehend that concept. After all, her guy (Mr Hillery)is "loved the world over". Only problem with that is that a good leader has to do what is right, not what is popular. Ever notice that in business, the managers that are most effective are rarely the ones the employees love? Same holds true in politics. Popularity is not an indicator of leadership ability. If we elect someone the world loves, we are going to be in deep doo-doo!
Steve

pooltchr
08-07-2007, 06:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> I bet there will be another attack on this country and it will involve some sort of transportation in one way or another...
eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

I have to disagree. The terrorists are smarter than that. We have heightened security on our transportation system. I think they will take the easy way...shopping malls, movie theaters, sporting events, etc. While our government is feeling up little old ladies at airports, they are looking to disrupt our lives.
Half the country is already aprehensive about flying. What would it do if we all became afraid to go to the mall? Don't make the mistake of thinking that they are going to be as predictable as we are.
JMHO
Steve

Gayle in MD
08-08-2007, 10:01 AM
Two Hundred Marines were killed in their barracks by terrorists. What did Ronald Reagan do about it? NOTHING!

Bush refused to meet with the terrorist Czar, Richard Clarke, who requested an emergency meeting when Bush first took office, and I do mean took. Clinton had created a sophisticated Unit, the Alex Unit, for survailence and intelligence specifically on bin Laden, and terrorism, warned Bush about the impending threat from AlQaeda, put in place an entire sophisticated bin Laden Unit, warned Bush that Bin Laden and alQaeda should be his first priority, and yet Bush put off even meeting with Clarke until the day before 9/11, over seven months into his administration. There may be no way of knowing for sure if 9/11 could have been prevented, but there is no doubt that it was Clinton's main concern and interest, and that he met every single day with Clarke, gave Bush every reasonable warning, and had taken terrorism seriously, unlike Cheney, Bush and Rice, whose message was that they weren't going to swat at flies, and were not interested in information about anything other than IRAQ.

You never know what you're talking about. Do obviously no research on your own, and have not studied the facts regarding the history of bin Laden, how and why he launched alQaeda, and the gross incompetence that was displayed by the Bush administration, both before, during and after 9/11.

The only scholars who support Bush's surge, render positive reports from Iraq, and think there is a possibility for success, and are all involved with the American Enterprise Institute, the same idiots who pushed for the occupation of Iraq, and the same Institute which is financed by big oil, and the contributions from corporations that make their money off wars.

alQaeda was the result of Republican foreign policies with Saudi Arabia, and Isreal, among others, and their dirty deals with despots, who later turned against the United States, people like Saddam, who was propped up by Republicans in the first place. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

wolfdancer
08-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Gayle, excellent post....I'm sorry to admit that I haven't read Mr. Clarke's book......
I doubt though if any of the people here that try to place the blame for 9/11 on either Clinton or Lewinski have read it either

Gayle in MD
08-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Does it ever occur to you that we have been listening to your ranting and raving ever since the Dems pushed your cheating, lying, child molesting, shop lifting, nation building, law breaking, purgering majority out?

Most reasonable people think lying a country into war, with cherry picked, fixed intelligence is worse than a mishap with a gavel. In fact, most people think Bush is the worst President ever. Since you voted for him twice, I'd say that's proof that what you think is a lie, is at odds with the definition of the majority of Americans, and your own partisanship is hugely evident.

[ QUOTE ]
When I think something is wrong, I will speak out, and I don't care which party someone belongs to. My issue comes down to one word...partisanship! Too many people are quick to condemn the other side and defend their own side for similar actions. It's ok, because someone else did something worse. That is no justification.

<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">Hilarious! </font color>

Gayle in MD
08-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Thanks. Reading any of the revealing documented evidence that exposes the nasty truth about the Republicans, and Bush
et al, is obviously something they would run from. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

However, one has to give it to them, their ability to twist the truth, or build it into some unrecognizable fantasy, is unparalelled. It's the semantical destruction of definitions which they use that I find so laughable. Stolen elections don't matter, but a slipped gavel, now that's stealing! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Everytime one of them says the votes were counted, and Bush won, it's obvious they didn't read anything about Katherine Harris' Purging methods, either, or the jamming of the of Democratic phone lines in Ohio, or Karl Rove's history of election Shenanigans, either.

Fortunately, they got caught in their efforts to infiltrate the Department Of Justice with loyal Bushies, in preparation for the next election. Bush is going to be very busy working to conceal the growing resulting damage to the Republican party, due to his failed administration, and the mess he's made of this country.

Of course, the dismal pack of contenders they have in their camp, isn't much to worry Democrats, but I'd say that another thrown election, without their planned false accusations against Democrats just before the election, from loyal Bushies inserted into the DOJ, having been headed off by the congress, and the suffering amnesiac thug, Gonzales, at the lead, wouldn't fool anyone, save the nutty 28 pwercent, anyway.

While I'm fed up in many ways with the system in general, I must say that every Democratic Debate renders a great deal of excitment over the vast display of experience, knowledge, and honorable records of votes in the best interest of the common man, and America's. Chosing from such an illustrious group of successful statesmen/woman, will not be easy, but very fruitful for the country. When compared to the Republican candidates, the claimed family values party, and their ten divorces, with only the morman having kept his marriage vows, and the front runner having put the family dog through eight hundred miles tied to the roof of his station wagon, I'm wondering why theyre even bothering to show up! The dreary picture and renewed sounds of RNC standard illogical sound bites, combined with a lackluster response from their gathered crowds of disillusioned sheep, doesn't provide much of a threat to the nation as regards the future work required to clean up this, yet another, Republican mess. I'd say Dems have nothing to worry about, if we can keep Guiliani's former Chief of Police, and his underworld cronies, away from the voting booths. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, have you heard anything about Barney and smile/nod Laura, moving out? She must be turning to twinkies to deal with her depression, since everytime lately she is shown walking away from the camera, her suits are so tight, they're crumpled with strain creases accross her back. Guess it sin't easy being married to the chimp these days... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Deeman3
08-08-2007, 11:41 AM
I think it's about time the democrats learned how to steal votes again. Hell, I thought they had lost their skill for while there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

wolfdancer
08-08-2007, 11:55 AM
They've had 6 years now to practice their skills....you ain't seen nuthin yet !!!

Gayle in MD
08-08-2007, 12:05 PM
That must have been before my time...and Katherine Harris' and Blackstone's /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

eg8r
08-08-2007, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bush refused to meet with the terrorist Czar <hr /></blockquote> Sounds like the smartest move ever. Why would anyone want to meet with a terrorist Czar unless they had a gun on them and were going to personally kill him. This idea of talking with a terrorist is the stupidest idea ever.

[ QUOTE ]
There may be no way of knowing for sure if 9/11 could have been prevented, <hr /></blockquote> LOL, so when you are defending Clinton, there is no way of knowing if 9/11 could be prevented, however when referencing the same event and W you act like W should have prevented it. You talk out of both sides of your mouth and don't know what the heck you are talking about. You stick you foot in your mouth more than anyone I have ever seen.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-08-2007, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:Gayle in Md.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bush refused to meet with the terrorist Czar
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Quote] Eg8r
Sounds like the smartest move ever. Why would anyone want to meet with a terrorist Czar unless they had a gun on them and were going to personally kill him. This idea of talking with a terrorist is the stupidest idea ever.

LOL, so when you are defending Clinton, there is no way of knowing if 9/11 could be prevented, however when referencing the same event and W you act like W should have prevented it. <font color="red">Again, you misread my post. That isn'at what I said, but then you so seldom read infoormation not written in RNC Rebonics, why would you have been able to read it correctly? </font color> You talk out of both sides of your mouth and don't know what the heck you are talking about. You stick you foot in your mouth more than anyone I have ever seen.

<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">Really? Well, I hate to expose your overwhelming ignorance, AGAIN, but just FYI, the terrorist CZAR, was Richard Clarke, not a terrorist. LMAO!!!! You can take your own foot out of you own big mouth, now, and crawl back under your rock. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif </font color>

wolfdancer
08-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Richard Clarke....a terrorist!!!!
Quoting Johnny Carson..."I did not know that!!!"

Deeman3
08-08-2007, 02:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> That must have been before my time...and Katherine Harris' and Blackstone's /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Gayle,

It's like riding a bicycle, you never forget. If you have to, make a few calls to Chicago, they remember. An alternative is to get Ms. Harris to flip over to the dark side. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

pooltchr
08-08-2007, 05:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Does it ever occur to you that we have been listening to your ranting and raving ever since the Dems pushed your cheating, lying, child molesting, shop lifting, nation building, law breaking, purgering majority out?
<hr /></blockquote>
Now that's certainly the pot calling the kettle black! When it comes to ranting and raving, I can't even carry your cue stick!
Steve

Drop1
08-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Could we have a little more respect for the Forum Cop. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BRussell
08-08-2007, 07:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr>Now that's certainly the pot calling the kettle black! When it comes to ranting and raving, I can't even carry your cue stick!
Steve <hr /></blockquote> That's because we Dems have had something to rant about the past several years. Just wait until Nancy 'n' Hillary run the government; I'm sure they'll give you plenty to rant about. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
08-08-2007, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Really? Well, I hate to expose your overwhelming ignorance, AGAIN, but just FYI, the terrorist CZAR, was Richard Clarke, not a terrorist. LMAO!!!! You can take your own foot out of you own big mouth, now, and crawl back under your rock. <hr /></blockquote> Looks like I definitely screwed that one up. You got me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

pooltchr
08-09-2007, 04:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BRussell:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr>Now that's certainly the pot calling the kettle black! When it comes to ranting and raving, I can't even carry your cue stick!
Steve <hr /></blockquote> That's because we Dems have had something to rant about the past several years. Just wait until Nancy 'n' Hillary run the government; I'm sure they'll give you plenty to rant about. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks! I'll probably have nightmares for a week after reading that post!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

Gayle in MD
08-09-2007, 12:34 PM
If the shoe fits, Steve. I don't deny ranting and raving about this disgusting, corrupt bunch of Replicans, I'm just bewildered that you have done the same throughout, about Dems, yet continuously throw out that line about the pot and the kettle, your favorite, as though you don't do the very same thing.

I've never remained in any particular party throughout my life, and have been registered according to which party is currently doing the most damage. Partisanship, doesn't fit that profile, and although Republicans are leaving their party in the droves, the obvious silence over the outrageous actions of this administration from the right on this board, is what I see as partisanship.

I was attacked from the very first post I made against Republicans. You guys set the tone, from the gitgo. Opinions weren't allowed, unless they included the same blank check given to Bush by your majority.

Now, after years of George Bush and his obvious incompetence, and dirty dealing, and the ensueing loss of Republican power, both you and Eg have shown your partisanship in spades, attacking the Dems over infractions to don't come near the ones you either defended, remained silent over, denied in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, or justified.

Although each of you have spoken out on rare occasions, very rare, when the wrongdoing surfaced in spite of the administration's curropt tactics for covering up their sins, or handing them down to the the grunts they use to insulate them from exposure, you and Eg spoke out, but your insulting tone, hasn't changed.

As adults, we should be able to voice opinions, without that sort of dialog. I find it difficult to understand how some people, who obviously do no real reading, or research, nevertheless continue to deny certain issues which have been virtually proven, beyond a shodow of a doubt, and expect to do so without being called on it.

For example, the issue of bush's abuse of American soldiers. To quote one brave Republican, gordon Smith, it has been criminal. To justify, or deny that he approves torture, when the Red Cross has stated unequivacally, that prisoners are being tortured, and overlook the great loss of respect that our nation must endure due to it, and suggest that it is approprioate, and only done to terrorists, is complete denial of proven facts.

There is overwhelming evidence that Bush refused to heed Clinton's warnings of an impending attack, came to office with a predetermined agenda to get Saddam, refused to heed unprecedented warnings from terrorist experts, capitalized on American grief, and used it to lie us into this war. Yet we who read, still have to put up with lies that it happened on Clinton's watch, in spite of the fact that Republicans accused him of wagging the dog when he tried to get bin Laden, and alqaeda. those are not just my opinion, those are the facts, for which I am called a liar, for stating, mostly by Eg, the hands down most uninformed poster on this board, and the most insulting.

To many of us it is commical to read a post of outrage over what many say was a mishap, when there has been such on-going silence from those whose favorite accusation throughout has been accusing people who do put in the time and effort to research for facts, as being partisan lunatics, whose only information consists of ranting and raving.

I simply ask both you and Ed, attack my facts. That is not a problem, for I can certainly give plenty of documentation to prove my points. This practice of attacking with nasty slurs, and rude comments, is not at all how I prefer to communicate. I don't deny that I get caught up in it also, usually in response, just that I have attempted to change that phenomena for the better, a number of times, and have not been met halfway.

My rantings about Bush, and the former Republican Majority, were appropriate, and remain appropriate, under the conditions prevailing in Iraq, and with our troops, and the damage he has done to this country. That's my opinion. You don't have to read them, no one forces you to read them, but if you insist on reading them, don't bash me because you don't like what I write. Debate, them, refute them, all you wish, I welcome it, because it provides me the opportunity to list the information which supports them. Attack with facts. And if you're going to accuse me of ranting, and raving, atleast be man enough to own up to doing the same damn thing, only over a much less serious sin than leading a country into war with lies, outing covert agenst, as a pay back for having some of your lies exposed, torturing innocent people, abusing American Troops, and pusing for a war, and then failing to prosecute it with any honesty, dignity, competence, but instead, negligently, with lies and denials of all the damage done. When one is called a gloom and doom, liar, when quoting our own National Intelligence Estimate, one most certainly is being attacked by a partisan blow hard, who cares little about facts. I'd like to have seen some outrage from the right on here over some of the dire curcumstance which our troops have had to deal with, also.

Gayle in Md.
"Our lives begin to end when we decide to become slient"

wolfdancer
08-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Gayle, this is your biggest problem here....and why you generate so much rancor from the right....you're always trying to confuse the issues with facts....

eg8r
08-09-2007, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was attacked from the very first post I made against Republicans. You guys set the tone, from the gitgo. <hr /></blockquote> Once again, you are never wrong or at fault. It is always someone else.

eg8r

DickLeonard
08-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Gayle this post is prove positive that the poster is an IMP poster. ####

pooltchr
08-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Gayle,
As my mother used to tell me, "It's not always what you say, but how you say it."

I don't want to seem patronizing, but if you would cut back on the rhetoric, stick to just the facts as you believe them, leave out many of the unnecessary adjectives, forget the name calling, and stop trying to catagorize everyone who doesn't agree with you as one group or another, it's quite possible that someone might actually pay attention to what you are saying. IOW, try writing a little more rationally, and a little less emotionally. When you emotions take over, that's usually when your posts start to deteriorate.

Watch any big demonstration on tv, and listen to the people when they get a microphone in their face. More often than not, they come off sounding like fringe lunatics. They might be very normal people, but the rest of the world can't get past the craziness to see it.

You will probably blow this off, because it might be offensive, but it's a fact.

Try making a statement, and just backing it up with facts, and not filling it in with a lot of opinionated fluff. You never know, it just might work.

Steve

Gayle in MD
08-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Lord only knows what in the world ever made me think that either you, or Ed, could address any of the specifics in my post.

How come you didn't listen to your Mother?

[ QUOTE ]
Forget it, Ed. She can write 20 paragraphs of every thing every Republican in the history of the country has done that she doesn't find suitable to her own way of thinking. There's no room left in her brain to even consider the possibility that the Dem leadership is no better than the administration that has her blood boiling.

As for the "A lie is a lie, period", we've already been through that. She can't comprehend that concept. After all, her guy (Mr Hillery)is "loved the world over". Only problem with that is that a good leader has to do what is right, not what is popular. Ever notice that in business, the managers that are most effective are rarely the ones the employees love? Same holds true in politics. Popularity is not an indicator of leadership ability. If we elect someone the world loves, we are going to be in deep doo-doo!
Steve
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">I'm a peace loving person, hence, I'd be happy if both you, and Ed, would not read, or respond to my posts, or refer to me in yours. I'm willing to do the same.

enough said. </font color>

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
08-10-2007, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a peace loving person, hence, I'd be happy if both you, and Ed, would not read, or respond to my posts, or refer to me in yours. I'm willing to do the same.
<hr /></blockquote> Your actions speak louder than your shallow words.

eg8r

wolfdancer
08-10-2007, 06:26 PM
"If we elect someone the world loves, we are going to be in deep doo-doo!"

Damn, we must have definitely elected the right guys then, for Pres. and VP......
And how can you go wrong, in the next election,using that theory...voting for any of the announced Republican Candidates? (Even the NYC Police and Fire now, don't like Rudy...after his "I was there at Ground Zero" bs )

pooltchr
08-11-2007, 06:58 AM
I didn't say someone the country loves...I said someone the world loves. There is a difference. And nobody is going to get the support of everyone. The world loves Jimmy Carter, but we know he was one of the worst presidents we have had. The world loves the Clintons, but that isn't necessarily the case right here at home. If the world doesn't like a candidate, that could mean they are more concerned with our country than they are other countries. Not necessarily a bad thing, IMO.
Steve

wolfdancer
08-11-2007, 03:29 PM
I may be one of the few...but I liked Jimmy Carter...and still do.

pooltchr
08-11-2007, 03:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I may be one of the few...but I liked Jimmy Carter...and still do.
<hr /></blockquote>

I liked his brother! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

Qtec
08-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Geez, the Dems stole one vote.Wow.

Didn'the Reps steal 2 elections?

Q......they are planning on stealing a third. They have to, its the only way they will get in. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
08-12-2007, 06:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Geez, the Dems stole one vote.Wow.

Didn'the Reps steal 2 elections?

Q......they are planning on stealing a third. They have to, its the only way they will get in. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I know! That's your story and you're sticking to it!!
Steve

Gayle in MD
08-13-2007, 11:43 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Well, friend, here's a real good fact for all of us. Carter achieved a lot more than Bush has, with his peace agreement between Egypt and Isreal, and had we followed his energy initiatives, we wouldn't be fighting with Arabs right now.

He was the only president that was willing to take the wrath from big oil, and corporate bullies, and the only one that leveled with Americans about the future of our energy problems, and achieved sucess with huge reduction in oil consumption during his tenure. He didn't impliment the worst foreign policy disaster in history, or trade arms for hostages.

Reagan came in after that, and started destroying the Unions, and Reagan was the one who started up with NAFTA, and under Reagan, the middle class suffered, and the rich got the breaks, just like Bushy Boy.

When Bush brags about his pseudo economic figures, he doesn't tell you that after people get thrown off their unemployment, they don't show up as jobless, nor does he talk about the way they average wages when he talks about wage growth. If you consider the huge CEO salary growth, the jobs we've lost, and the kind of jobs he says he created, you start to get the picture. He has outsourced good jobs, and looked the other way while we've been occupied by cheap labor, hence, his economic figures don't count, esssspecially once you look into what the banks have been up to under his leadership, and all the money he's wasted in this war with the wrong enemy, in the wrong country.

No, Jimmy Carter, and Bill Clinton didn't go off half cocked and destablize the entire Middle East. They didn't out covert agents, or steal elections, either. I'd say all in all this country was in pretty damn good shape during, and after Clinton, compared to the mess we're in right now.

Clinton helped the middle class, and the poor. Clinton formed the Counter terrorist organizations, and had Bush listened to him, we may very well have prevented 9/11.

I see Rove is jumping ship, as the big rats always do, first. All that religious BS he spouted off today was enough to make a thinking person throw up!

BTW, I hope you got the chance to see Joe Biden on Charlie Rose's show.

Later, /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Gayle