PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Pool Scene 1980s and beyond - last version

BillPorter
08-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Several of you kind people contributed identifications and comments when we announced this gallery a couple of weeks ago. Since then, we have removed several images and added about a dozen. So if you have a few minutes, browse through the gallery again and see if you can identify any of the people who have not yet been named. And comments about the images are always welcome! Here is the link to the gallery: http://billporter.smugmug.com/gallery/3190138#175698859

Sid_Vicious
08-05-2007, 07:16 AM
Nice pics, know many, recognize others remotely cuz of being a PH addict since 1993. I didn't recognize Frank "The Bird" Thompson, but a good friend of mine did when he saw the photos. Several peeps are gone now, others look a lot different yet are still around. Sure can't not notice the Click's layout...my bar tabs keeps them running /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Where's the link to the ones which were deleted? Thanks for the memory lane...sid

BillPorter
08-05-2007, 07:33 AM
We removed some images of people who, while employees of Clicks, were not pool players. Also removed were images that were only slight variations on other images. For example, we had three photos of Larry Land shooting pool and decided to remove two of them. There is no link to the images removed as they are simply no longer on the Internet.

wolfdancer
08-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Nice photos ( as usual) of the Dallas "Rogues Gallery" of pool players...
The Black & White photos, always seem to capture a little more
of something I can't put into words...
I just bought myself a Nikon camera...and I already know beforehand that any pix I take will be poor, by comparison to yours....