PDA

View Full Version : US Open, CCB, Food, Spirits

Voodoo Daddy
07-25-2002, 10:18 PM
I have alot of time at night to exercise my mind and come up with things to do, so hows this for a thought...9/27/2002 at 5-6PM all the CCB'ers leave the tournament for an hour or three and have dinner? I found a what seems to be a great restaurant called "The Inlet" on Va. Beach. They have a website; www.theinletrestaurant.com (http://www.theinletrestaurant.com) Check it out and tell me what you think....

MikeM
07-25-2002, 10:21 PM
I'm there, Dude!

MM

Kato
07-26-2002, 07:46 AM
Well, I wasn't gonna go but after looking at the menu I don't think I can pass it up. Add Kato to the list, he's in.

R.J.

Eric.
07-26-2002, 08:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> I have alot of time at night to exercise my mind and come up with things to do, so hows this for a thought...9/27/2002 at 5-6PM all the CCB'ers leave the tournament for an hour or three and have dinner? I found a what seems to be a great restaurant called "The Inlet" on Va. Beach. They have a website; <a target="_blank" href=http://www.theinletrestaurant.com>www.theinletrestaurant.com</a> Check it out and tell me what you think.... <hr></blockquote>

I'm there. Why don't we do this; meet at the front lobby of Chesapeake Ctr at 6?

Eric

07-26-2002, 09:41 AM
Eric, please make sure you wake me up one hour before we leave! (At 36, looking human doesn't come quick, you know!!)

MikeM
07-26-2002, 10:51 AM
Lorri, you know that was 6PM don't you? Do you think you can drag your butt out of bed by then?!?

Mike

Tom_In_Cincy
07-26-2002, 01:56 PM
I'll have a car that will confortably carry 4 but can cram 6 into if we have to..

Eating and drinking with friends is what a good vacation is all about..

Kato
07-26-2002, 02:13 PM
Voodoo and I are driving a Lincoln Towncar that comfortably seats 2 but we could seat 4-6.

Kato

Barbara
07-26-2002, 02:36 PM
I am sooooo jealous!! Where was this at Vegas???!! All youse guys getting together and eating and drinking!! Two of my most fav-o-rite hobbies!!

Sniff, sniff... Pass me the Tequila....

Barbara~~~gonna take her frustrations out on a sail on the Delaware River...

Rich R.
07-26-2002, 03:02 PM
Save seats for my wife and me. Just remind me about it later.
Rich R.~~~senior moments coming more frequently. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Voodoo Daddy
07-26-2002, 06:20 PM
Where was this in Vegas?...I wasnt there but I could be this year if I'm asked to be...HAHAHAHAHA!! This is my style Barbara. I'll be all business in L-ville but I will make sure all involved have fun in Va. Beach!! Wish you could come....

Barbara
07-26-2002, 06:29 PM
Okay Big Guy, what are the dates??? I may even be able to make this. Only during the weekday. I have a go-for-it from my Main Man that he may be in CA for some Management training during the same week and that I should go for a pool fix and meet some people from the CCB. He's a sweetie for letting me loose!!! Only he says I should fly and not drive just so you don't drool all over my hot car. Besides, I hate getting bug carcauses all over the front. (trust me, I have special stuff to get them off without damaging the paint)

Barbara~~~looking for a pool vacation in the middle of September...

Voodoo Daddy
07-26-2002, 06:52 PM
The tournament dates are 9-23 through 9-29. Go to q-masters.com for any other info or send me an e-mail/private messege. Oh, you can drive your sled...I'll have no drool left after great pool!!! Voodoo casted his spell and hooked another to Va.Beach...who's next?

Vagabond
07-26-2002, 07:20 PM
Howdy folks,
Since y`all going to be there,why can`t youse guys pay entry fee and play in US.Open?
Vagabond

Kato
07-26-2002, 08:22 PM
Because I am poor and don't play so good.

Kato~~~is broke and not a good pool player. Rich, I'll take the 7

Voodoo Daddy
07-26-2002, 08:23 PM
I need to explain myself to you?...HAHAHAHAHAHA.

07-27-2002, 12:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MikeM:</font><hr> Lorri, you know that was 6PM don't you? Do you think you can drag your butt out of bed by then?!?

Mike <hr></blockquote>

Yes Mike, I got that. You do know this is my VACATION don't you? You do know I'll be DRINKING don't you? You do know I'm KIDDING don't you? LMAO and hoping Mike takes this as the joke it was intended to be!!! BTW, I haven't forgotten your offer to buy my drinks! wink, wink. I promise to drag my butt out of bed for that!

SPetty
07-27-2002, 06:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Voodoo casted his spell and hooked another to Va.Beach...who's next? <hr></blockquote>Oh, do me! Do me!

Tom_In_Cincy
07-27-2002, 08:13 AM
Barbara,

If you make it to VA.. and we all hope you do.. just remember to bring enough goodies for 40 or so CCB'rs..

Barbara
07-27-2002, 08:21 AM
Grrrrrr... Why can't it be the week before??! Okay, no can do. The management thing Pete's doing is the week before and I have the NJ State Women's 9-ball Championships that weekend at Castle Billiards in East Rutherford.

About the only thing I can say is, at least I don't have to study!! HA!

Barbara~~~but she does have to get that cue thing out and practice...

Tom_In_Cincy
07-27-2002, 08:32 AM
Barbara,
I will have my web cam set up, maybe Brady will too. We both use Yahoo IM.. pictures and audio..

If you use Yahoo IM just add me.. cincytom314

MikeM
07-27-2002, 09:39 AM
Barbara,

Let Babs take the wheel and keep on headin' south. You should be in Va Beach in plenty of time!

MM

MikeM
07-27-2002, 09:41 AM
How about bloody marys on the beach at sunrise?!?

MM

Barbara
07-27-2002, 11:49 AM
Yeah, sure, let Babs (the evil twin) have all the fun...

But her good twin has to stay north and run the NJ State Champs that weekend...

What's a multiple-personality person to do??

Barbara~~~sigh...

07-27-2002, 11:54 AM
Come down the week leading up to NJ....At least half of usd will be there!

Chris Cass
07-27-2002, 11:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Barbara:</font><hr> I am sooooo jealous!! Where was this at Vegas???!! All youse guys getting together and eating and drinking!! Two of my most fav-o-rite hobbies!!
Sniff, sniff... Pass me the Tequila....Barbara~~~gonna take her frustrations out on a sail on the Delaware River... <hr></blockquote>

Funny,

Not once did I see you eating or drinking, in Vegas. I wish I was going too but, I want to go to a tourney I have a chance of winning. Unlike the CCB tourney where, there out for blood. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~partner in crime....

Chris Cass
07-27-2002, 11:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> I need to explain myself to you?...HAHAHAHAHAHA. <hr></blockquote>

I love that answer...LMAO

C.C.

Barbara
07-27-2002, 12:05 PM
Oh, I was drinking plenty out in Vegas. Pete and I hit a liquor store a couple times. I wasn't about to pay $3.50 for a Coors light at the Splash bar. See me walking around with a little water bottle playing the slots at night? Well, that wasn't water...

Barbara~~~can you say vod-ka?

07-27-2002, 12:15 PM
Vagabond, the biggest drawback for some of us working stiffs to play (other than the $500) is having to be there by Sunday Sept 22, and only playing one match a day (if that) for the first 3-4 days. I may likely be knocked out early, so to stick around for the real fun and action with the other CCB'ers and the best part of the tourney towards the weekend would require being there for nearly a week, paying for a room for a week and more importantly being away from my regular job for a week. Yeah, I know - alot of convenient excuses.

Actually I'm planning to play in a few tourneys coming up in August. If I do OK I might just fork down the $500 and give it a shot - what the heck. If nothing else, a player entry is worth a pass for watching the entire tourney - even after one is eliminated. That in itself is worth well over $100!

The get-together with other CCBers to go out for an early dinner Friday sounds like a great idea. The buffet at the convention center is not bad, but gets old after a while. The CCB tourney idea is a good one too, but the problem with that is how much potential time that could take away (for most of us) from our main reason for attending - to watch the top pros play as much as possible. The better we fair in that tourney, the more of the "real" tourney action we'll miss. Vagabond - at any rate the Dragon and I hope to see you and the others there! - Chris in NC

Voodoo Daddy
07-27-2002, 08:27 PM
Consider yourself done...HAHAHAHAHA!!!