PDA

View Full Version : 6th Annual CCB Tournament and Dinner

Rich R.
08-07-2007, 08:28 AM
Can you all believe that this will be the sixth year we are holding this tournament? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It may be a little early, but I want to give every one a chance to make plans to attend.

There are some factors that have changed, this year, and the schedule will be slightly different than in the past.
Because the U.S. Open is running from Sunday, 10/14, through Saturday, 10/20, we have to change the CCB Tournament to Friday, in order to correspond to the same rounds in the Open. I believe the dinner will be on Thursday evening. Eric has volunteered to handle that and I'm sure we will be hearing more from him. I hope everyone will be able to change their schedules to attend.

Here are the details of the 6th CCB Tourney.

When: Friday, October 19, 2007
Where: Q-Master Billiards; in The Green Room
Time: Warmup starts at 10 AM, quickie Player's Meeting at 11 AM, Play starts after
Format: At this point, we are planning on playing a multi-table 10-ball ring game, with all players being remixed periodically.
If we get enough players, we can use our previous format of Scotch Doubles, changing partners in every round.

Trophies, made by Brian in Va., with the support of Harold Acosta, will be awarded to the top two finishers.
We will also have raffle prizes and JMD in Va. is in charge of the prize committee. If anyone has some prizes to donate or would like to help in contacting companies to obtain donations, please contact JMD in Va.

Please note, Non-CCB Members are welcome to play, so bring your friends. However, only registered CCB Members are elligible to win the tournament, and trophies, as well as any of the raffle prizes.

Also note, there is no money involved with this tournament. As in the past, Barry Behrman has generously offered us free use of the tables at Q-Masters. There is no entry fee for the tournament and the raffle is free to CCB Members, with all prizes being donated.

Player List
1. Rich R.

PM me with "Count Me In!" in the subject line if you'd like to play in the tourney.

Eric.
08-07-2007, 09:17 AM
Unfortunately, I won't make dinner this year.

I'll start scouting out restaurants in Sept., once I have an idea of how many are attending. I think it would be great if people can post any preferences online i.e. Steak, Italian, Buffet, etc, so I have something to shoot for.

For now, count me in for the tourney.

Eric

MikeM
08-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Rich, Eric.,

Count me in and let me know how I can help. I've already got the kitchen pass and my tourney tickets!

Can't wait to get back.

MM...now if we can only get Wendy out of retirement it will be a REAL party!

Rich R.
08-07-2007, 10:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> Unfortunately, I won't make dinner this year.

I'll start scouting out restaurants in Sept., once I have an idea of how many are attending. I think it would be great if people can post any preferences online i.e. Steak, Italian, Buffet, etc, so I have something to shoot for.

For now, count me in for the tourney. <hr /></blockquote>
I'm sorry to here you won't make the dinner, but I'm very happy to here you will be there for the tournament.
Can I assume Susie is in too?
Has she ever registered as a member?

Rich R.
08-07-2007, 10:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MikeM:</font><hr> Rich, Eric.,

Count me in and let me know how I can help. I've already got the kitchen pass and my tourney tickets!

Can't wait to get back.

MM...now if we can only get Wendy out of retirement it will be a REAL party! <hr /></blockquote>
It is great to here from you Mike. I love to see everyone from the original group come back. I assume you are coming back to complete your set of trophies. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Do you stay in touch with your old travel partner, Wes?
You can always drag him along. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
08-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Rich - I'll be sending one of my 9 Ball Girl special raffle gifts. This one is ugly in a cute sort of way but it has tons of meaning to it.

Mike - I'm hoping to be out of "retirement" for next year's event.

Eric - I know I've mentioned this before and I can't remember what the response was but how about Ruby Tuesday which is about 2 minutes from the Holiday Inn and the Convention Center as well as The Great Steak which is probably about 10 minutes away (it's where we had our first dinner back in '02). Both places will accomodate the CCB crowd.

Hey, where is everyone staying being that the Holiday Inn is under renovations?

MikeM
08-07-2007, 01:37 PM
It's great to be heard from. I've dusted off the old cues and Wes, Tram and Ed (who just got married) are playing in a TAP league at our old/new pool room.

I'll be there for sure but Wes is traveling a lot this fall and isn't sure he will be able to make it. I think Ed and Tram will be there as well.

MM

Rich R.
08-07-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm just updating this thread to show the players signed up so far.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> Can you all believe that this will be the sixth year we are holding this tournament? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It may be a little early, but I want to give every one a chance to make plans to attend.

There are some factors that have changed, this year, and the schedule will be slightly different than in the past.
Because the U.S. Open is running from Sunday, 10/14, through Saturday, 10/20, we have to change the CCB Tournament to Friday, in order to correspond to the same rounds in the Open. I believe the dinner will be on Thursday evening. Eric has volunteered to handle that and I'm sure we will be hearing more from him. I hope everyone will be able to change their schedules to attend.

Time: Warmup starts at 10 AM, quickie Player's Meeting at 11 AM, Play starts after
Format: At this point, we are planning on playing a multi-table 10-ball ring game, with all players being remixed periodically.
If we get enough players, we can use our previous format of Scotch Doubles, changing partners in every round.

Trophies, made by Brian in Va., with the support of Harold Acosta, will be awarded to the top two finishers.
We will also have raffle prizes and JMD in Va. is in charge of the prize committee. If anyone has some prizes to donate or would like to help in contacting companies to obtain donations, please contact JMD in Va.

Please note, Non-CCB Members are welcome to play, so bring your friends. However, only registered CCB Members are elligible to win the tournament, and trophies, as well as any of the raffle prizes.

Also note, there is no money involved with this tournament. As in the past, Barry Behrman has generously offered us free use of the tables at Q-Masters. There is no entry fee for the tournament and the raffle is free to CCB Members, with all prizes being donated.

Player List
1. Rich R.
2. ARJ
3. phil in sofla
4. Susan Roberts (non-member)
5. Eric
6. Susie (non-member and I'm assuming she is in /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif )
7. MikeM
8. dg-in-centralpa
9. Mrs_DG
10. JMD in Va
11. Brian in Va

PM me with "Count Me In!" in the subject line if you'd like to play in the tourney. <hr /></blockquote>

Rich R.
08-07-2007, 02:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>I'll start scouting out restaurants in Sept., once I have an idea of how many are attending. I think it would be great if people can post any preferences online i.e. Steak, Italian, Buffet, etc, so I have something to shoot for. <hr /></blockquote>
Eric, earlier I forgot to mention that you can count Cathy and me in for dinner. As for preferences, we are up for almost any type of restaraunt, as long as it is fairly close to the Open and easy to get to.

dg-in-centralpa
08-07-2007, 05:18 PM
The same for Mary and I on the dinner. We're up for most anything. Anybody heard from Voodoo Daddy or Fred Agnir for the tournament? Wendy, how many days left until the Open? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DG - needing a vacation /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Scott Lee
08-08-2007, 07:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I know I've mentioned this before and I can't remember what the response was but how about Ruby Tuesday which is about 2 minutes from the Holiday Inn and the Convention Center <hr /></blockquote>

Ruby Tuesday has the best salad bar of ANY of the 'chain' places...hands down, and I should know, as much as I travel! Sadly, once again I am already booked for the weekend of the dinner &amp; tournament. This year I'll be in Charlotte NC, teaching with Randyg and pooltcher. I am, however, happy to donate my usual prize! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott Lee

9 Ball Girl
08-08-2007, 10:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr>Ruby Tuesday has the best salad bar of ANY of the 'chain' places...hands down, and I should know, as much as I travel!<hr /></blockquote>Ya think? We don't have a Ruby Tuesday in NYC but everytime I went to Virginia, it's the first place I'd go to eat!

The Ruby Tuesday by the convention center will hold a crowd of about 25. I know this 'cause we almost went there in '04 or '05 but decided on the Yukon.

Tom_In_Cincy
08-08-2007, 11:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I know this 'cause we almost went there in '04 or '05 but decided on the Yukon. <hr /></blockquote>

We did go there in 03 and 04... didn't we?

Brian in VA
08-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Looking forward to seeing all my buds again this year! I've just gotten a promotion at work and the first order of business was for my boss to understand that this weekend is sacred for me. As a result, I get back from the Open Saturday night and leave for Japan the next day.

Wendy, Josh and I are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn which is actually closer to Q Masters than the convention center but it's all so close it doesn't matter.

I'm working on some other prizes, as is The Mayor, and I'll try to bring some new camcorders for possible posting after the festivities.

Restaurant - I'm good with anything, too. Probably closer to the convention center is better.

Brian in Va

Voodoo Daddy
08-08-2007, 09:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr>Anybody heard from Voodoo Daddy or Fred Agnir for the tournament? Wendy, how many days left until the Open? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DG - needing a vacation /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Is alive and well in S/E Michigan...relocated after situations ranging from horrific to extremely joyful. Havent been playing anything but BarBox...if I can make it Eric will be the first to know. Tom, do I still get 10-7?

Voodoo~~~slowly coming outta a long hibernation

Rich R.
08-08-2007, 11:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> I'm just updating this thread to show the players signed up so far.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> Can you all believe that this will be the sixth year we are holding this tournament? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Player List
1. Rich R.
2. ARJ
3. phil in sofla
4. Susan Roberts (non-member)
5. Eric
6. Susie (non-member and I'm assuming she is in /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif )
7. MikeM
8. dg-in-centralpa
9. Mrs_DG
10. JMD in Va
11. Brian in Va
12. Tony_in_MD

PM me with "Count Me In!" in the subject line if you'd like to play in the tourney. <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

dg-in-centralpa
08-09-2007, 05:51 AM
Voodoo,
Glad to hear your doing good. Hope to see you at the Open.

DG

9 Ball Girl
08-09-2007, 07:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr>We did go there in 03 and 04... didn't we? <hr /></blockquote>Hey Dad! You and I both went that first Monday in '03. It's the year that my flight came in late and you picked me up from the airport.

MikeM
08-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Big Man!!! How the hell are ya? Great to see you're coming outta hibernation. Me too!

SE Michigan is sure a LOOOOONG way from Miami! Can't wait to hear the stories. You GOTTA get to Chesapeake for the open.

MM

Voodoo Daddy
08-09-2007, 08:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MikeM:</font><hr> Big Man!!! How the hell are ya? Great to see you're coming outta hibernation. Me too!

SE Michigan is sure a LOOOOONG way from Miami! Can't wait to hear the stories. You GOTTA get to Chesapeake for the open.

MM <hr /></blockquote>

Mike, I think of you everyday...when the CD changer goes to Frank Marino &amp; Mahogany Rush /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif We'll talk soon one way or another!!

Tom_In_Cincy
08-10-2007, 09:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Tom, do I still get 10-7?

Voodoo~~~slowly coming outta a long hibernation <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah.. .you get to buy 10 rounds to my 7... that's what you're talking about right?

Rich R.
08-13-2007, 07:43 PM
I'm just bumping this up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric.
08-16-2007, 10:33 AM
IMO, I like to support those taht support us. In the past, we've eaten at Brady Behrman's wife's place (and she took good care of us). I'm hoping Brady might see this and PM me to let me know if she is working at a local restaurant.

As far as being close to the Convention Ctr, there are plenty of chain restaurants on Greenbriar Pkwy, near the mall, about 2-3 miles away.

We ate at The Grate Steak the first year; a steakhouse(duh) that let's you grill your own steak.

If the Brady option doesn't pan out, maybe everyone would be interested in going with an ol standby...

Eric

dg-in-centralpa
08-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Eric,
Whatever you work out is fine with us.

DG

Rich R.
08-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Eric, check your PM's.

Harold Acosta
08-17-2007, 06:02 PM
Was having some fun last night and came up with this mini-poster. Suggestions, additions, comments, are welcomed.

http://prbilliardfederation.com/myPictures/6thCCBTourMed.gif

Check out the U.S. Open replica trophies.

Whom will be the next winners?

Harold Acosta - President
Puerto Rican Billiard Federation

Rich R.
08-20-2007, 06:13 AM
Great poster Harold.
Your making us look very official. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
08-20-2007, 12:10 PM
And professional? God forbid..LOL

DG

Eric.
08-28-2007, 09:35 AM
Save 15% on Stays from September 4, 2007 through November 30, 2007.

Redeeming this offer is simple:

1. Call 1-800-RED-ROOF, or call the inn directly, and mention the code CP539810.

2. Or book online at redroof.com and enter the code CP539810.

Eric

Harold Acosta
08-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Hey Rich, I could add the names of this year's participants... any sponsors, etc.

I like doing these things.....

Rich R.
08-28-2007, 08:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> Hey Rich, I could add the names of this year's participants... any sponsors, etc.

I like doing these things..... <hr /></blockquote>
Harold, as of now, the player list is the same 12 players listed earlier in this thread. I have not heard from anyone else.
As for sponsors, they would be any companies donating prizes for our raffle. You would have to get that list from JMD in Va, as he is in charge of the prize committee.

Eric.
09-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Well, looks like restaurants come and go quickly, near the Convention Ctr...

After calling around, looks like our best bet is a suggestion someone made earlier. Unless anyone objects, dinner will be at:

Ruby Tuesday's
1412 Greenbrier Pkwy, Chesapeake, VA.
http://www.rubytuesday.com/menu.asp

It's located in front of the Greenbrier Mall and is about 1 mile from the Convention Ctr (where they're having the tourney, dummy). I made a reservation for 25 on Thursday, Oct. 18 @ 6.00P. Ruby's can accomodate the group,although everyone will not be at the same table, rather, seated in a "zone area". Best bet is for everyone to meet in front of the Convention Ctr's front doors around 5.30P, there should be a tent there.

Hopefully, everybody can PM me with a head count for dinner. I need to firm up the head count a few days before the dinner.

Thanks!

Eric

9 Ball Girl
09-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Dammit. In '04 when I first suggested it, no one was down. Now that I won't be there...Dammit!

(Ruby Tuesday is my fav "restaurant" and the only time I go is when I'm in VA. Dammit!)

Brian in VA
09-06-2007, 06:20 AM
Sounds like we're enticing you Wendy! Don't give in! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We'll miss you girl!

Brian in VA

Eric.
09-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Well, you could go this year...

Actually, I went with it by default. Seems like the restaurants in that strip come and go like cabs. The Grate Steak is gone. So is Bahama Breeze. Actually, I pulled up about 5 restaurants taht had good reviews on the 'Net and called...all gone.

So, by default, it's Ruby's.

FWIW, I ate at one in NJ to try it out, it's decent.

Eric &gt;won't send the CCB to McD's

dg-in-centralpa
09-06-2007, 10:12 AM
We have a Ruby's in our town and it is always full. I go there often. They have good ribs and great burgers. I don't think you'll be sorry.

DG

9 Ball Girl
09-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Everytime I've gone to Virginia, as Tom and Josh know, the first place I gotta hit is Ruby Tuesdays because here in NYC, we don't have any. I should be there next year...I love their salad bar AND their cheesy fries. Yum!

Rich R.
09-06-2007, 06:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Everytime I've gone to Virginia, as Tom and Josh know, the first place I gotta hit is Ruby Tuesdays because here in NYC, we don't have any. I should be there next year...I love their salad bar AND their cheesy fries. Yum! <hr /></blockquote>
What do you mean, you don't have one in NYC? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Times Square
585 7th Avenue
New York, NY 10036
US
Phone: 212-382-3898
Fax: 212-391-1310

Google is a wonderful thing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

9 Ball Girl
09-07-2007, 08:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>What do you mean, you don't have one in NYC? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Times Square
585 7th Avenue
New York, NY 10036
US
Phone: 212-382-3898
Fax: 212-391-1310

Google is a wonderful thing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>I didn't even know that was there. It must be new. But alas, it's a RubyTueGo. It's not the full restaurant.

Rich R.
09-08-2007, 07:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I didn't even know that was there. It must be new. But alas, it's a RubyTueGo. It's not the full restaurant. <hr /></blockquote>
Wendy, actually, I think it has been there for quite some time. I kind of remembered seeing it on Times Square whenever I've been in NYC. That is why I decided to search for it on Google.

I didn't know it was a RubyToGo.
I don't even know what a RubyToGo is, although I would guess that it is just take outs. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Brian in VA
09-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Ruby's to go is very similar to the ones they have in airports throughout the US. Limited menu, to go service, usually a few tables to sit and eat.

Brian in VA - has spent way too much time in airports!

cueball1950
09-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi Rich......please add me to the list for the tournament. As for the dinner, my finances will dictate if i attend that. The wife has no problem with me coming down on Thursday (that is if everything is ok here and there are no sudden changes). So i expect to at least see all of my friends at the tournament. If something happens that changes my plans i will over night my donated items to His Honor "The Mayor"....here's hoping...................mike

Rich R.
09-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Mike, I'll be more than happy to add you to the tournament list. The most current list is in another thread.
Glad you will be able to make it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric.
10-08-2007, 10:50 AM
I made a reservation for 11 (10+1, in case you have an extra guest) on Thursday, Oct. 18 @ 6.00P

Ruby Tuesday's

Reservations are under "Billiards Digest/Eric"

Guest list:

RichR and Cathy
Mr. and Mrs. DG-in-centralpa
Tony in MD
PhilinSofla and Susan and ARJ (the artist formerly known as Kato)
Brian in VA and JMD in VA

Eric

dg-in-centralpa
10-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Eric,
Thanks for doing this. Sorry you and Susie won't be at dinner with us, but we're looking forward to seeing you both for the tournament.

Mr. and Mrs. DG

Rich R.
10-09-2007, 07:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> I made a reservation for 11 (10+1, in case you have an extra guest) on Thursday, Oct. 18 @ 6.00P

Ruby Tuesday's

Reservations are under "Billiards Digest/Eric"

Guest list:

RichR and Cathy
Mr. and Mrs. DG-in-centralpa
Tony in MD
PhilinSofla and Susan and ARJ (the artist formerly known as Kato)
Brian in VA and JMD in VA <hr /></blockquote>
Eric, thanks for handling this. I still wish you and Susie could be there with us. We will miss you both.

Since we can not meet in the lobby of the Holiday Inn this year, and some of us are staying at different locations, I'd like to suggest that we meet in the main lobby of the convention center at 5:30. The main lobby is the one in the middle of the building and away from the main traffic at the corner entrance.
If anyone has another suggestion, please post it.

dg-in-centralpa
10-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me.

DG - getting anxious for a break from work

Brian in VA
10-09-2007, 07:01 PM
That's a good idea Rich! See you then!

Brian in VA

HALHOULE
10-09-2007, 08:09 PM
ONE AIM FOR ALL SHOTS

Rich R.
10-09-2007, 10:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote HALHOULE:</font><hr> ONE AIM FOR ALL SHOTS <hr /></blockquote>
And what does this have to do with the CCB Tournament? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif