PDA

View Full Version : Spent some time talking to Dr. D...

Eric.
07-26-2002, 08:29 AM
I was at the poolhall, shooting some pool with Lorri and happened to run into our very own Dr. Diana Sorrentino. It was a pleasant surprise! "Knowing" Dr. D from the CCB, I have to say that she is just as, if not more interesting in person. It was interesting finding out that we run in the same circles, but never run into each other. In fact, we both take the same downtown train, but never cross paths(that's NYC for ya-you're lucky if you bump into the same face twice in a lifetime!) Here's something to think about- after talking awhile, I find out that Dr. D has a motorcycle license and used to ride a bike! Goes to show that you just never know about people. Who would of thunk that beneath that proper, disciplined, corporate exterior, lies a former hippy chick that enjoys life? She laughed at me as she was heading out to party a little...

Eric >the pleasure was mine

Kato
07-26-2002, 08:47 AM
Eric, I spoke to the good Doctor about a month or so ago on the telephone. Not what I expected. Diana was so down to earth, not a "slave to the man" at all. As a double bonus I got to speak to Fran for a few minutes, what a delight she is!!!!!! 2 birds with 1 stone, what a great time I had!!!! I was having a terrible day that day, after speaking with those 2 ladies my spirits lifted considerably and my day went off without a hitch.

Kato~~~is just a little jealous of Eric.

heater451
07-26-2002, 08:52 AM
You might be surprised, at the motorcycle tales many people have. Although, the group of riders is small, in comparison to the size of the general population, it is very widespread---and I'm just thinking about those who ride regularly.

And, if you consider that bikes have been imported since the 50s and 60s, and Harley-Davidson (Lorri said you had one, so you probably know this) has been building since 1903, then it's not so far fetched that there have been riders for as long. You can't forget what "Easy Rider" did for selling the lifestyle either. . . .

I believe Stickman rides, or rather did, as well.

BTW, check out my friend's site: www.girliebiker.com (http://www.girliebiker.com) (Yeah, I know what it sounds like. . . .)

======================

Eric.
07-26-2002, 08:52 AM
Kato,

You just can't go wrong with the CCB crowd. BTW, when are you coming to NY?

Eric >willing to be one of Kato's tour guides

Eric >

9 Ball Girl
07-26-2002, 09:04 AM
Hey Eric, which room do you shoot in?

Wendy~~gotta love them hogs! /ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif

Eric.
07-26-2002, 09:05 AM
You're right, Heater. But Dr. D said she had her license from years ago. As you know, in the last 10 years, there has been a bit of a "mainstream explosion" of new bikers. My buddy calls 'em "Credit Card Bikers" meaning that now it is a fad/popular thing, instead of the old 1%'er thing. I don't have a problem with that unless someone decides that he has an attytood and is now a tough guy(happens alot). Then I'll have to rip his arm off and beat him with it.
With Dr. D, she was riding before it was the "In" thing. That cool. I remember the old jokes: What's the difference between a biker and a vacuum cleaner? On a vacuum, the dirtbag is on the inside.
Funny how things change, when things change.

Eric >peace

Kato
07-26-2002, 09:07 AM
Hopefully in the year 2003 I will drag my carcass up to you for a long weekend. Believe me, when I get to New York, if I'm not with Voodoo I'm gonna need lots of help!!!!!!

Eric, I think you're right about the CCB'ers. I haven't met one, e-mailed one, or spoken to one on the phone that I haven't liked. You're gonna be in Virginia right? We'll hook up then and talk about it.

Kato

Eric.
07-26-2002, 09:10 AM
I don't have a "homeroom", Wendy. Generally, anywhere between North NJ and NYC. I was at B&L Billiards in Edison, yesterday.

Eric >got more miles than a tumbleweed

07-26-2002, 09:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> Eric, I spoke to the good Doctor about a month or so ago on the telephone. Not what I expected. Diana was so down to earth, not a "slave to the man" at all. As a double bonus I got to speak to Fran for a few minutes, what a delight she is!!!!!! 2 birds with 1 stone, what a great time I had!!!! I was having a terrible day that day, after speaking with those 2 ladies my spirits lifted considerably and my day went off without a hitch.

Kato would be even more jealous of Eric if he saw his ride!!! Lorri is just grateful he allows her on the back of it every once in a while!! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Kato~~~is just a little jealous of Eric. <hr></blockquote>

Kato
07-26-2002, 10:03 AM
Lorri, if Eric has a motorcycle I would not be jealous. I am petrified of them!!!!!!!! I do appreciate a beautiful Harley or something that goes super-fast though.

Kato~~~likes fast but motorcycle fast is for people lots braver than me.

stickman
07-26-2002, 10:25 AM
Yep, I used to ride. I had a couple of roomates that belonged to a club named the Three Sixes. I rode with them at times. Bikers didn't have a very good image at that time. I also flat track raced, and worked in a bike shop as a mechanic. The shop I worked in had the first motorcycle dyno machine in this part of the country. This was back in the early 70's.

I sometimes would like to have a bike again, but I don't have the spare change, and the wife doesn't care for them.

Rod
07-26-2002, 10:36 AM
I use to ride also, had two harleys and helped build 3 more. I also owned 2 hondas and 1 yahama. With traffic as crazy as it is now I have to pass.

MikeM
07-26-2002, 10:42 AM
The time I spent with Dr. D last month was delightful. I'm looking forward to our next meeting. Try as I might though, I just can't picture Diana on a Hog!

Do you have any pictures of that D?

MM

Doctor_D
07-26-2002, 09:20 PM
Good evening:

My first bike was a vintage Honda 450. Then, some years later, I sold off the 450 for a 1982 Gold Wing Interstate with all the trimmings, even an AM FM Stereo and CB radio!

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.

Voodoo Daddy
07-26-2002, 09:37 PM
Now I know I'm in the right place. Only guy in my H.S. to "RIDE" to school on a '76 HD FX. Moved up to an '81 HD FXE Strugis Model and ended my riding on a '88 HD Heritage Softail. Never rode with a "gang", lol. Never needed a leader....

07-27-2002, 01:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: stickman:</font><hr> Yep, I used to ride. I had a couple of roomates that belonged to a club named the Three Sixes. I rode with them at times. Bikers didn't have a very good image at that time. I also flat track raced, and worked in a bike shop as a mechanic. The shop I worked in had the first motorcycle dyno machine in this part of the country. This was back in the early 70's.

I sometimes would like to have a bike again, but I don't have the spare change, and the wife doesn't care for them. <hr></blockquote>

well, shoot, i guess i should get in on some of this. went thru a bunch of hondas, gileras(italian), a royal enfield(500-1 lung - the girls loved to ride on the back and feel the...um nevermind)and yes, i had one of those old, watermellon tank honda 450's that dianna mentioned. sold it to get into radio. since i retired, i got a yamaha, or yamaharley as some call it. v-twin in the harley configuration. ride it most every day, 50-150 miles, mostly on the 2-lane asphalt backroads out in the country around here.lotsa up and down and curves. i'm way out on the edge of town where "country" is a half mile away. last i heard, sid in dallas had a super-size honda and for those of you who remember him, richard rhorer used to race flat track. he still get's a little misty when there's a bike on the tv.

bikes are a lot like airplanes except that the punishment for lack of attention is a little more immediate.

dan...it's beautiful. what ain't shiny red is chrome. rud'n, rud'n.

CarolNYC
07-27-2002, 03:46 AM
Hey Eric,
Ah,ha,ha,ha-"Credit card bikers!"-that is too funny-are those the ones with 1000 miles on their bikes and then just ride on Sundays?ha ha ha
Learned on a Suziki 250RM,then a '75 Superglide and then my '94 sportster!Hung with NY's "Local 81" since the age of 14 and a friend of ours,Chuck (who is also on the show "Oz") punched out Jean Claude Van Damme in a bar-tsk,tsk,what was Jean thinking?lol
Carol~remembering the good ole days!:)

Doctor_D
07-27-2002, 04:33 AM
Good morning:

Ah, the good ole days... When in doubt, knock em out !!!

Dr. D.

Voodoo Daddy
07-27-2002, 04:44 AM
Chuck? The same who was Tyson's bodygaurd at the Lewis/Tyson pree confrence? The guy that wanted to kill Howard Stern on his B-Day 'cause he was bad mouthing the Angels? Carol has got some interesting friends.....

CarolNYC
07-27-2002, 05:47 AM
Hey Voodoo,
How are you? YES-did you see that?My nickname for him was "Good-looking Chuck!":)He is a body-guard for many stars.
When they opened planet hollywood(Chuck&amp;Sly Stallone) in Hawaii,Maui-my oldest daughter was out there and her name was put on the guest list which I thought was pretty cool:)
My favorite scene,though,was from "Bronx Tale" where they're in the bar and asked to leave then the door gets locked and they're told "Now you cant leave!"ha ha ha ha-boy, I funned with that one!:)Should've left when they had the chance,ha ha ha
Hope your Mom is well!
Carol

CarolNYC
07-27-2002, 05:52 AM
Absolutely Dr. D,
Have a nice day:)
Carol

07-27-2002, 07:24 AM
I ain't got no sense, I ride mine every day to work that it doesn't rain and also to the pool hall cuz it feels good to be loose and free before matching up. Anybody who knows Central Expressway traffic should find a little lunacy in mixing in it on a bike. It just takes three things, 1. Everyone else has the right of way 2. STAY aware of your escape routes 3. LUCK!!!!sid

It's a toss up between table time and riding time for which has had most of my attention, either one if it paid a nickel for every mile(either running around the 4x8 or cruising the curves) would send me to early retirement...sid

Eric.
07-27-2002, 07:46 AM
Hey Car,

You got it! I think Chuck caught up with A.J. Benza too. Funny. I'm glad to see he's doing well.
Like they say, "If I had to explain, you wouldn't understand."

Eric &gt;hope's Carol always keeps the painted side up

PQQLK9
07-27-2002, 07:50 AM
My favorite scene,though,was from "Bronx Tale" where they're in the bar and asked to leave then the door gets locked and they're told "Now you cant leave!"<hr></blockquote>
What a great movie (love the doo-wop music) used to ride a Harley...

CarolNYC
07-27-2002, 08:01 AM
Rod,
Did you see the 2003 anniversary bikes? 103 inches out of the shop?How strong is that?
Carol

Tom_In_Cincy
07-27-2002, 08:04 AM
HDJ,
I had a 1968 Norton 750 that I use to park in my living room on a piece of old carpet. This was way befor I was married..

Not mine.. but a good likeness

http://www.roadog.com/norton750.jpg

CarolNYC
07-27-2002, 08:07 AM
Eric,
LMAO!Thanks for the hope-right back atcha!:)You are truly an "In The Wind" spirit!:) Hope to see you&amp;your beautiful daughter soon-had fun in Parsippany!
Stay well!
Carol

CarolNYC
07-27-2002, 08:11 AM
Very cool!
Gotta love that music!
Carol:)

Barbara
07-27-2002, 08:24 AM
Still have the '79 FXE (kick and electric start) in the shed. Gathering cobwebs too... Seems all we want to do during the summer months is go sailing on the Delaware...

Barbara~~~cloudy now, but may clear up...

Doctor_D
07-27-2002, 08:34 AM
Good morning:

Sailing, now that brings back fond memories. Back in the 80's, before my stock portfolio was destroyed by "Black Friday" I sailed Off Shore with a Tartan 37' mast head sloop. Sail out to about 5 miles off shore and you were in your own world!!!

Dr. D.

Barbara
07-27-2002, 08:44 AM
We have a Precision 235. Bought it in April. Great boat, very beamy - 8', nice little cabin with a two burner stove. We'll be looking to sailing it down to the Delaware Bay and maybe on the Chesapeake.

Eventually we want to go to a Catalina 310. Pete can even stand up in the cabin. What a sweet boat!! They have one at the marina we sail out of and I just drool...

Last night was a particularly good sail. It was cloudy most of the day and then cleared around 3:30 so there weren't many power boats. We had a beam reach down part of the river and a broad reach sailing home. Sweet!

Barbara~~~would like to stock a gun on board so she can shoot all those noisy waverunner gnat things...

stickman
07-27-2002, 11:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> HDJ,
I had a 1968 Norton 750 that I use to park in my living room on a piece of old carpet. This was way befor I was married..

Not mine.. but a good likeness

&lt;img src="http://www.roadog.com/norton750.jpg"&gt; <hr></blockquote>

Tom, this makes me think of the winter that I completely rebuilt my race bike from end to end. Everything that could come apart was apart, and cleaned, polished, painted, greased, oiled, or replaced. I had the engine apart on the kitchen table polishing on it, because it was too cold outside in my shop. I think my wife was ready to kill me. LOL

07-27-2002, 12:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Tom, this makes me think of the winter that I completely rebuilt my race bike from end to end. Everything that could come apart was apart, and cleaned, polished, painted, greased, oiled, or replaced. I had the engine apart on the kitchen table polishing on it, because it was too cold outside in my shop. I think my wife was ready to kill me. LOL <hr></blockquote>

My boyfreind has gotten used to the idea of automotive parts in the living room, kitchen, bedroom......I think he's just happy I don't sleep with my cue anymore.... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Doctor_D
07-27-2002, 12:29 PM
Good afternoon:

Sounds like a fine vessel! Your hubby would have loved the Tartan; 12' beam, 6' ceilings in the cabin which slept 7, and a 4 cylinder Westerbake Deisel engine.

Dr. D.

Voodoo Daddy
07-27-2002, 01:17 PM
Door locks...first biker say looks at Sonny while he says; "Now you'se cant leave"...CLASSIC!!!

Barbara
07-27-2002, 01:58 PM
Sounds like a real sweet boat - and VERY beamy, too. 12' - wow!

Barbara

Doctor_D
07-27-2002, 02:02 PM
Good afternoon:

Yes, it was...

Dr. D.

Doctor_D
07-27-2002, 03:16 PM
Good afternoon:

Eric, as I stated the other evening, stop by a visit with me anytime you are near either my client's or my own Mid-Town Office.

Cocktails are on me ...

Dr. D.

SPetty
07-27-2002, 05:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Barbara:</font><hr> ...would like to stock a gun on board so she can shoot all those noisy waverunner gnat things... <hr></blockquote>hahahahaha

I don't have a lot of experience at the lake, but I recall staying at my sister-in-law's lake house, and those dam waverunner gnat things were awfully loud, ruining what could be a peaceful evening. What a *great* picture your words put into my head....

Rod
07-27-2002, 07:17 PM
Carol, I haven't seen them yet. I went over to Ace Hardware last week and saw some beautiful custom made bikes. Imagine that at in a hardware store! I'll have to check next time to see who made them, but I guess they are selling bikes now. Mine were all rigid tails, and springer front ends. My body just couldn't handle those these days.

CarolNYC
07-28-2002, 04:45 AM
Rod,
A Hardware store?I think thats soooooooo cool-and I know what you mean about the rigids-my husband had a knucklehead/rigid,boy,did I build my legs up on that baby!(He broke it down and will rebuild one day)Ask me to jump on a rigid today-NO WAY! Give me a dyna-lowrider,ha ha ha!Those rubbermounted/beltdrives are like driving a Caddy!:)
Carol~loves the fact that we've all been IN THE WIND!

CarolNYC
07-28-2002, 04:50 AM
Hey Tom,
At least you put it on an old carpet!ha ha ha
Carol~knows Harley oil stains!:)

CarolNYC
07-28-2002, 04:53 AM
Oh my Goodness Barb,
If Pete can stand in that cabin, then you have one helluva BIG cabin!ha ha ha
Carol~sees Pete&amp;BArb sailing in the moonlit skies!

CarolNYC
07-28-2002, 04:56 AM
Voodoo,
I love that!Have to go to the city and YOU KNOW Im hugging you all the way!
My best to you always!
Carol