PDA

View Full Version : Action

Cydpkt
08-10-2007, 08:49 AM
Not wanting to beat a dead horse but:

We have all seen the definition (previous post) of action. What do you consider to be action? Playing for money, or drinks? Aren't we playing for money when the looser has to pay for table time or even to slap more quarters in the table? Are we to consider action to be any amount of money beyond what it costs for the one game? Around here I'm just happy to have someone willing to put quarters on the table. If I don't have to pay for the game and someone else is then I've go action!

Snapshot9
08-10-2007, 08:53 AM
If it ain't CASH, it ain't action. Anything else is just
consideration.

Deeman3
08-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Action must involve money or very young ladies.

dave666
08-10-2007, 09:39 AM
in the decades i've been playing pool action has had alot of meanings. if you are playing for $ that's action. if you are playing for push-ups, that's action. if you put $20.00
in a tournament, that's action. if you and someone else plays each other for $1 and you dislike each other than that can be alot of action, and fun to watch too!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jager85
08-10-2007, 11:13 AM
I believe that playing with any extra incentive is action. I can see how you would consider a bar box action, because being a poor man I don't want to have to pay again; or even from being a pool-a-holic I don't want to have to wait again. This still never rang to me as action though. Playing for drinks is action in my book. Whats the difference from playing for a Jager-Bomb or for $5 other than he buys the drink rather than giving you $5 to buy yourself a drink?

Jager

Chopstick
08-10-2007, 11:40 AM
A Jaguar convertible with three hot babes hangin out of it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

sack316
08-10-2007, 12:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jager85:</font><hr> Whats the difference from playing for a Jager-Bomb or for $5 other than he buys the drink rather than giving you $5 to buy yourself a drink?

Jager <hr /></blockquote>

hmm, jager bomb for $5? Must find what bars you go to /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sack

Deeman3
08-10-2007, 12:05 PM
I remember one of those stories in Playboy back in the 70's when I just read the articles, of course. In the Playboy Advisor section it described this guy's account of playing pool against these three georgous babes in Bikinis no less (what other type is there in those articles) and going into pretty good detail about the game and the "Action" later. Of course, I didn't buy the stuff he did on the table for one minute! He stated that he played his way through college hustling pool and we all know how those guys lie. Of course, he satisfied them all, practically drove them crazy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

The things he did to those beautiful women was, of course, perfectly believable! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif How many times do we sexy pool guys have to fight them away at the table on those frequent occasions when they wear beachwear to the table? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

sack316
08-10-2007, 12:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> I remember one of those stories in Playboy back in the 70's when I just read the articles, of course. In the Playboy Advisor section it described this guy's account of playing pool against these three georgous babes in Bikinis no less (what other type is there in those articles) and going into pretty good detail about the game and the "Action" later. Of course, I didn't buy the stuff he did on the table for one minute! He stated that he played his way through college hustling pool and we all know how those guys lie. Of course, he satisfied them all, practically drove them crazy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

The things he did to those beautiful women was, of course, perfectly believable! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif How many times do we sexy pool guys have to fight them away at the table on those frequent occasions when they wear beachwear to the table? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I just don't know if I could do the moresome thing. I mean, why would I want to leave two or three women angry and unsatisfied? And then the talking and nagging afterwards when I'm trying to sleep would just be in stereo. Yes sir, ol' Sacky boy is a one woman man... at least until the opportunity presents itself. Then I'll let ya know /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sack

Chopstick
08-10-2007, 01:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> I remember one of those stories in Playboy back in the 70's when I just read the articles, of course. In the Playboy Advisor section it described this guy's account of playing pool against these three georgous babes in Bikinis no less (what other type is there in those articles) and going into pretty good detail about the game and the "Action" later. Of course, I didn't buy the stuff he did on the table for one minute! He stated that he played his way through college hustling pool and we all know how those guys lie. Of course, he satisfied them all, practically drove them crazy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

The things he did to those beautiful women was, of course, perfectly believable! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif How many times do we sexy pool guys have to fight them away at the table on those frequent occasions when they wear beachwear to the table? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I just don't know if I could do the moresome thing. I mean, why would I want to leave two or three women angry and unsatisfied? And then the talking and nagging afterwards when I'm trying to sleep would just be in stereo. Yes sir, ol' Sacky boy is a one woman man... at least until the opportunity presents itself. Then I'll let ya know /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sack <hr /></blockquote>

On the contrary. If there's any talkin that needs to be done they kin talk to each other.

I once had a heck of a good time right in Dallas playing pool with a bunch of strippers. That was back in the 80s. I sure would like to do that again sometime. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

It was on a 3x6 bar table. The only one of those I have ever seen. I have decided that if I ever get around to buying a house I am going to put in a brass pole for old times sake.

ken_r
08-10-2007, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was on a 3x6 bar table. The only one of those I have ever seen. <hr /></blockquote>

There's a bar by me that has a 6' (or possibly 6' 1/2). I guess one advantage is that you will never need a bridge /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Deeman3
08-10-2007, 02:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ken_r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
It was on a 3x6 bar table. The only one of those I have ever seen. <hr /></blockquote>

There's a bar by me that has a 6' (or possibly 6' 1/2). I guess one advantage is that you will never need a bridge /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Pardon, but with what Chopstick plans to do on that table, he might need a bridge now and then. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif</font color>

ken_r
08-10-2007, 02:33 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Sid_Vicious
08-10-2007, 04:26 PM
That's why I had to drop out of college...all exhausted by the junior year! Long live Sigma Tau Gamma!!!sid~~~and I'm sure the stains left by the sidster on that cloth, but in my defense,,,wasn't just mine /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif