PDA

View Full Version : what the heck is wrong with the GOP?

nAz
08-10-2007, 10:50 AM
I swear the GOP is freaking loosing it.

GOP bigotry rears its ugly head
By: Steve Benen on Friday, August 10th, 2007 at 5:21 AM - PDT

A few weeks ago, the Senate invited a Hindu leader to deliver the daily invocation. Apparently, this has sent Idaho’s Bill Sali (R) over the edge.

“We have not only a Hindu prayer being offered in the Senate, we have a Muslim member of the House of Representatives now, Keith Ellison from Minnesota. Those are changes — and they are not what was envisioned by the Founding Fathers,” asserts Sali.

Sali says America was built on Christian principles that were derived from scripture. He also says the only way the United States has been allowed to exist in a world that is so hostile to Christian principles is through “the protective hand of God.”

“You know, the Lord can cause the rain to fall on the just and the unjust alike,” says the Idaho Republican.

According to Congressman Sali, the only way the U.S. can continue to survive is under that protective hand of God. He states when a Hindu prayer is offered, “that’s a different god” and that it “creates problems for the longevity of this country.”

Remember, as mcjoan noted, the GOP freshman picked this clown to be their class president. Classy.

wolfdancer
08-10-2007, 11:04 AM
what's wrong?????
what's right ????

moblsv
08-10-2007, 11:20 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=g8vENZwp1rk

I swear, this country is less educated now than it was when it was created. A country created by Intellectuals who read the great works and created a foundation based on those works

Drop1
08-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Some people don't get much from Bible study. I like "God's hand can fall on the just,and the unjust". It kind of looks like Bill,thinks that hand might fall on him. You know he loves this God,but not the God of the Hindus,but there is only one God,and his name is Howard. There is just too much Christian love in the world.

Gayle in MD
08-10-2007, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is just too much Christian love in the world.
<hr /></blockquote>
LOL, yeah, imagine how many more people would never have been tortured, or stoned to death, without it!

I keep reading about a backlash in America regarding the recent intrusion of religious power, interfering with our government, and politics. The longer I live, the more I respect Barry Goldwater. Quite a man, that one.

Gayle in Md.