PDA

View Full Version : Why I rarely post anymore.

hondo
08-13-2007, 02:53 PM
There's no challenge. This forum in infested with
liberals. 2 lone gunmen, Eg & Steve trying to
battle a whole army of libs.
On AZ it's the opposite. A few brave, lonely libs
valiantly battling a whole platoon of war mongers.
Maybe we could meet on neutral ground. Gayle & 5 of
her best against the smarmy LWW & 5 of his cronies.
Maybe I can judge who wins. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

wolfdancer
08-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Post deleted by wolfdancer

hondo
08-13-2007, 03:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Since you put a period after liberals,it reads that it's just liberals that infest the board, while our two stalwarts,Ed and Steve, carry on the just fight ???
Add Deeman though, and at least two others, that are defending
Mom, Apple pie, and the flag, against the unwashed rebel masses.....
not only are they outnumbered by those ingrates, but having only blind faith and innuendo, against reports culled from the media....they appear to be unarmed. <hr /></blockquote>

Innuendo? Isn't that an Italian suppository? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
08-13-2007, 03:58 PM
suppository....is that where you store suppositions....especially the ones about GWB?

hondo
08-13-2007, 04:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> suppository....is that where you store suppositions....especially the ones about GWB? <hr /></blockquote>

LOL! Are we still talking about a**holes?

eg8r
08-13-2007, 04:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Why I rarely post anymore. <hr /></blockquote> Sorry for blunt but did anyone ask?

I would like to clarify a bit though, I am not here defending anyone. Lord knows the right has the money to handle their own defense without me sticking my nose in. I just like to pipe in when I see BS from the left and I do find a bit of humor in pointing out the hypocrisy with the left here on the board.

eg8r

hondo
08-13-2007, 04:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Why I rarely post anymore. <hr /></blockquote> Sorry for blunt but did anyone ask?

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Now that really hurt! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

pooltchr
08-13-2007, 06:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> ..they appear to be unarmed. <hr /></blockquote>

Unarmed???? If we were armed, it would be too easy!!! Like shooting fish in a barrel with a shotgun!! Ain't no sport in that!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Steve

Drop1
08-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Hondo,I think we have a different definition of the players.The conservatives cherish Faith,over Truth,and the liberals cherish Truth over Faith,and both by self admission cross the line. I can't think of any person here,that is not a loyal citizen,and willing to answer,when the need is felt,some people feel the need quite often /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
08-13-2007, 08:08 PM
I thought the "did anybody ask" remark....a little uncalled for. Politics can get a little out of hand here, get a little heated at times...but it would be nice to maintain a semblance of civility. Some use the board here as a "safe" means to insult others...they know if they pulled that crap down at the local bar....
He might not have intended it...but it seemed like he was saying...."if I'm not interested, why should anyone else be?"

eg8r
08-14-2007, 10:18 AM
Come on, I said sorry first. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
08-14-2007, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought the "did anybody ask" remark....a little uncalled for. Politics can get a little out of hand here, get a little heated at times...but it would be nice to maintain a semblance of civility. <hr /></blockquote> Are you having a change of heart or just blatantly ignoring your own behaviour? Do you really need to have all of your uncivil quotes pasted here to show how hypocritical your statement is? I assure you, you certainly should not be the one standing up to mediate.

[ QUOTE ]
Some use the board here as a "safe" means to insult others...they know if they pulled that crap down at the local bar....
<hr /></blockquote> Yes, we have heard this statement from you plenty of times, and no, none of us are getting beat up because we don't believe in your wild fantasies. 9 times out of 10 my statements would never come across as insulting if we were sitting together talking. On the web everything is lost the "translation".

[ QUOTE ]
He might not have intended it...but it seemed like he was saying...."if I'm not interested, why should anyone else be?"
<hr /></blockquote> You are correct I did not intend that, rather it was just a real blunt question. There were no underlying reasons or intentions behind the question. I just did not remember seeing any posts saying, "Hey, where is hondo".

I do however understand how someone like yourself would come that conclusion.

eg8r

Vapros
08-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Look what this has turned into. My crystal ball seems to indicate that Hondo just might take another leave of absence, if he doesn't like this endless and vituperative political and personal sniping. Sort of a ghetto we have here now. Not so good . . .

Gayle in MD
08-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Well, hi there friend. I've been wondering where you were.

BTW, who is LWW? Not that it matters a lot.

Win? One can't win when discussing politics with the right, but if you were going to be the judge, atleast we'd know that the judge would decide from a realistic, factual premise, which is what the right is unable to do.

When all the world can see that the emporer has no clothes, the right is asking for the designers name... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I missed your posts, btw.

Love,
Gayle

Deeman3
08-14-2007, 01:11 PM
....they appear to be unarmed.

<font color="blue"> Yeah, Right! </font color>

Vapros
08-14-2007, 03:08 PM
I rest my case.

Gayle in MD
08-14-2007, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Some use the board here as a "safe" means to insult others...they know if they pulled that crap down at the local bar....
He might not have intended it... <hr /></blockquote>

I know what you mean. And some of those of whom you speak, arrive from the ghetto, sling nothing but personal insults, and then complain that this place is like a ghetto. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I rest my case... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif ya know what I mean?

wolfdancer
08-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Dee, I'm glad that we finally agree on something !!
Now here's my idea for a poster/T-shirt that will be your top seller ....this will Zazzle 'em!!!
It's a caricature type thing...for after the election
It will show Hillary booting GWB's *ss out of the WH front door....with a banner reading
"MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" !!!!
You could donate all the profits to the Future Republicans/GWB Youth Brigade.....modeled after.....

pooltchr
08-14-2007, 05:27 PM
If she happens to get elected, do you think she will bring back all the stuff that went missing when she left the White House last time?

pooltchr
08-14-2007, 05:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Win? One can't win when discussing politics with the right,
Love,
Gayle <hr /></blockquote>

And the reason is the right is usually right!
Thank you for finally admitting it.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Steve

wolfdancer
08-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Are you kidding?....there's some stuff that she overlooked the first time around.

hondo
08-15-2007, 05:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
I thought the "did anybody ask" remark....a little uncalled for. Politics can get a little out of hand here, get a little heated at times...but it would be nice to maintain a semblance of civility. <hr /></blockquote> Are you having a change of heart or just blatantly ignoring your own behaviour? Do you really need to have all of your uncivil quotes pasted here to show how hypocritical your statement is? I assure you, you certainly should not be the one standing up to mediate.

&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
<hr /></blockquote> Yes, we have heard this statement from you plenty of times, and no, none of us are getting beat up because we don't believe in your wild fantasies. 9 times out of 10 my statements would never come across as insulting if we were sitting together talking. On the web everything is lost the "translation".

&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
<hr /></blockquote> You are correct I did not intend that, rather it was just a real blunt question. There were no underlying reasons or intentions behind the question. I just did not remember seeing any posts saying, "Hey, where is hondo".

I do however understand how someone like yourself would come that conclusion.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Au contraire, my fine feathered friend, I have received
dozens of PMs inquiring as to my whereabouts.

Gayle in MD
08-15-2007, 07:12 AM
LOL, Yeah, right. One need only look at the colossal mess this country is in at present for proof of what happens when Republicans are in power, thanks to the right.

If ever the time was right for a party to show some humility for their broad reaching miscalculations, this it it!

But Nooooooooo, what we have here is far from that. Reminds me of the kind of pool shooters which after having missed each shot, justify the poor results on their way back to the chair by telling all those in ear shot what they were <font color="red">trying </font color> to do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DickLeonard
08-15-2007, 09:17 AM
Hondo I am coming over I didn't realize there were anyone fighting the Left. My brother, the retired General can't win with me how can anyone madman on the right, win.

Facts are Facts, they can't be twisted to suit your point of view. The Army has been wasted, any General who opposed their point of view is Gone. Now all you have is Yes men striving to get their pension and get the hell out of the Army.

The National Guard are not trained for war, they are getting their training in Combat. Their tours have been extended for three and four times.

Their employers are seeking ways not to have to hold their jobs for them.
They must be all Democrats anti-war faction. No good Repblican owner of a business would seek not to hold the job for a loyal warrior. Now do you people get the smell of this war.

I must check with my leader Gayle before jumping ship.#### Rip VanWinkle

Gayle in MD
08-15-2007, 10:03 AM
How bout the same shirt, only with her other foot on bin Laden's corps, sprawled dead across the Portico, and Cheney running down the drive way, fearfully looking back over his shoulder, and Rice on the steps, with a shoe box on her lap, holding up one degisner shoe to the sunlight for intentse examination. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif I think her shoes are the only thing she's interested in, and you could have laura and Barney, running to the hellicopter in the background!

Man! We gotta get dick to the easel! We could make a million on these shirts at the Democratic convention! then maybe we could build some decent hospitals for our Veterans.

love,
Gayle

moblsv
08-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Yes, but if I *had* made that shot my leave would have been perfect and I would have run the rest of the table.

That does sound a lot like what we've been hearing for 6 years.

-I was distracted. A Liberal sneezed in my backswing-

eg8r
08-15-2007, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Facts are Facts, they can't be twisted to suit your point of view. <hr /></blockquote> Well then, practice what you preach.

eg8r

eg8r
08-15-2007, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> Well rest assured, they did not come from me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif If I was seeking you out, it would not be to discuss politics, it would be to play some pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
08-15-2007, 10:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Now here's my idea for a poster/T-shirt that will be your top seller ....this will Zazzle 'em!!!
It's a caricature type thing...for after the election
It will show Hillary booting GWB's *ss out of the WH front door....with a banner reading
"MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" !!!!
<hr /></blockquote> That would be hilarious.

eg8r

eg8r
08-15-2007, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How bout the same shirt, only with her other foot on bin Laden's corps, sprawled dead across the Portico, <hr /></blockquote> Sorry, her hubby had that chance and he decided to let bin Laden live, why would anyone think things will be different with the same two Clintons in the house. Don't tell me it is because she will be the one in power because that is bull. If she actually had any power in that relationship she would have left that dead beat when he cheated on her.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Translation, Bill clinton didn't go off half cocked, piss off the entire Arab world, and winde up making everything a thousand times worse than it already was. Hillary, being a good "Christian" woman, forgave Bill, and kept her family together. Love, and forgivness, compassion and understanding, all those wonderful "Christian" Values, which Hillary exemplifies, but alas, no accolades from the Egrivator.

I'm wondering why you're not writing the same words about all the former Mrs. Guiliani's, Barbara Bush, the former Mrs. Gingrich, the list is too long to bother with... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle in MD
08-15-2007, 11:08 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Yeah, it's like a nightmare, isn't it?

Personally, I'd rather play safe, than be sorry. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

wolfdancer
08-15-2007, 01:18 PM
Dick, in addition to the young men who may or may not have their job, should they ever be allowed to return to civilian life.....how about the ones that won't be able to begin any civilian employment, begin their careers, until this war is over? ...in the meantime the ones that "really" support the war, but can't go....because of America's tremendous shortage of liberal arts majors...they'll have a 5-8 year head start, and they'll have all their limbs....The vets will never be able to catch up.....

eg8r
08-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Why translate a BS statement? You are the only one that believes your crap. Clinton had his chance to get rid of bin Laden but he chose not to. He let bin Laden go after the first WTC bombing and then given the chance to kill OBL he chose not to. His wife will do the same. We will never be safe with a Clinton in office.

eg8r

hondo
08-15-2007, 06:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
<hr /></blockquote> Well rest assured, they did not come from me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif If I was seeking you out, it would not be to discuss politics, it would be to play some pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Actually you did PM me on a political note recently.
Did you forget?

heater451
08-15-2007, 07:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> suppository....is that where you store suppositions....especially the ones about GWB? <hr /></blockquote>

LOL! Are we still talking about a**holes? <hr /></blockquote>. . .and avoiding becoming the butt of the jokes?

================================

DickLeonard
08-15-2007, 07:06 PM
eg8r I really sleep much better after seeing Flight 93. Knowing that there wasn't a brain between all of people in charge, really makes it easier for me to sleep at night. I live in a small town but I could never sleep if I lived in Orlando near Disney World. That has to be high on Osama's list to be Bombed.####

SKennedy
08-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Add another "conservative" to your list. Example - global warming.....I'm an environmental consultant and think the issue about global warming's source being man induced is utter nonsense.....just like Y2K, SARS, bird flu, global cooling in the 70's.....
The key is being objective. Twisting science and other factors to fit your pre-conceived emotional notions is not being objective.

pooltchr
08-21-2007, 04:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr> Add another "conservative" to your list. Example - global warming.....I'm an environmental consultant and think the issue about global warming's source being man induced is utter nonsense.....just like Y2K, SARS, bird flu, global cooling in the 70's.....
The key is being objective. Twisting science and other factors to fit your pre-conceived emotional notions is not being objective.
<hr /></blockquote>

You're definitely in the minority here...there are only a few of us "righties" that post here. Most (not all, but most) of them would rather congratulate each other when one of them posts the liberal spin on most topics, rather than engage in intelligent discussions. Their minds are made up, please don't try to confuse them with facts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

Sid_Vicious
08-21-2007, 08:50 PM
"The key is being objective. Twisting science and other factors to fit your pre-conceived emotional notions is not being objective."

Science is science. Any "objective", formal science educated person does not pre-conceive, they understand. What is your credentials for being a consultant? Big business maybe...sid

SKennedy
08-22-2007, 08:24 AM
My basis for being a "consultant?" I am a scientist who happens to make a living as an environmental consultant. I've worked for industry (big and small), small business owners, and local, state, and federal government agencies, etc. I have been working in the environmental field for about 28 years. Although I am 52 years old, my experience makes me a "dinosaur" in this business. Do I need to send you my college transcripts and my resume?
My wife even disagrees with me on the global warming issue. She believes the media hype about a "concensus" for the cause of global warming. But, I still love her. And Sid, I'd still be willing to shoot a game of pool with you even if you disagree with me.
There will always be the vocal group out there spreading and proclaiming "doom &amp; gloom." How quickly we forget our history (Y2K). Years from now, society will look back at the global warming crisis and laugh at us. Suggest you look at a publication (yes, it too is biased) called "Environment &amp; Climate News." I'm not saying everything in it is right, or accurate, but it will provide a different perspective that you should consider.

SKennedy
08-22-2007, 08:43 AM
One more thing Sid....
Your comment about "science is science" and your indication that scientists, by their very nature, are objective, is well off the mark and indicates you are not a scientist. Scientists are human and are subjective to varying degrees...hence peer review, epidimeology, etc. A good scientist will always try to be as objective as possible. Do not put "scientists" on an underserving pedestal. The cause of global warming is only theory, not fact. Some scientists and most media outlets do not understand the difference between theory and fact. Someone recently claimed that a particle traveled faster than the speed of light. Up to this point, scientists thought this was impossible. If this really happened, then much of what we know is obsolete.

DickLeonard
08-22-2007, 08:48 AM
SKennedy Welcome to the Liberal trap but anyone from Texas words hold little value here. Deeman had to move to Alabama to gain credability with us.####

SKennedy
08-22-2007, 09:09 AM
Alabama holds more credibility than Texas? I'm in real trouble.
Well, we can't all be from the northeast. Does it help that I was "partially" educated in the northeast (Temple Univ. in Philly)? Probably not since I finished at Texas A&amp;M!!

eg8r
08-22-2007, 09:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My basis for being a "consultant?" I am a scientist who happens to make a living as an environmental consultant. I've worked for industry (big and small), small business owners, and local, state, and federal government agencies, etc. I have been working in the environmental field for about 28 years. Although I am 52 years old, my experience makes me a "dinosaur" in this business. Do I need to send you my college transcripts and my resume?
<hr /></blockquote> Well, watch out, we have a resident "expert" (mob) here who took a class on this in college 20 years ago. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Deeman3
08-22-2007, 09:54 AM
SKennedy,

What you really have to get your brain around is:

What should be done to Michael Vick and how soon did Bush and Cheney know about it and how did Karl Rove influence him to do such nasty things to dogs.

You might notice that this subject has not been discussed here fearing one of us might point out his affiliation with the Georgia Democratic Party.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Drive by, bang....

SKennedy
08-22-2007, 11:50 AM
Hey eg8r,
My favorite defintion of a "consultant?" Someone who thinks he knows 1000 different ways to make love to a woman yet can't find himself a girlfriend. Me? I've been married for almost 33 years to the same woman so it's still the same thing.
My mother always warned me about hanging out in the pool halls. Had no idea these discussion forums could be far worse than hanging out in the worst places!!!!

Gayle in MD
08-22-2007, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do I need to send you my college transcripts and my resume?
<hr /></blockquote>

Just the names of the companies you've represented will do, and any lobbying work done for them, along with your political party, which we already know by your views.

I don't suppose a melting Polar Cap has any influence on your opinion, right? And let's see now, it's all in God's plan, anyway, right? And fighting them over there, will keep them from coming over here? And the "Surge" is working, huh?

There is overwhelming evidence that Global Warming is a fact, and many respected Scientists believe it is a fact, atleast the ones that don't succumb to Bush's censoring. Our rivers and creeks have been filling up with carbon for decades. Fish dying, whales and dolphins, confused, and beaching themselves, frogs, penguins, loads of other animals, vanishing. We can measure the polutants in our air and water. I'd be embarrassed to call myself a Scientist, and make the broad sweeping statement you just made in your post, without providing your source and reasoning behind your belief. Sorry, doesn't sound very scientific to me. Do I believe my lying eyes, or take the word of some Republican, self proclaimed scientist?

I'm sixty two, and have been interested in the weather throughout my life. What I'm seeing, is not, weather as usual, nature at it's best, or void of drastic environmental changes. One of my best friends has worked at the Environmental Protection Agency for over twenty five years. I know a little bit about how these things are handled, and a whole lot about the way they've been handled since Bush et al.

Gayle in Md.

I think we know where you stand, and why.

SKennedy
08-22-2007, 04:03 PM
My Gosh!! Emotions, emotions, emotions!!
You have a friend who works at the EPA for the last 25 years? Big freakin deal. I deal with those folks all the time.....some good, some not.
And yes, I am truly a scientist and I did not make a broad sweeping statement. As for proof, I don't have the time or inclination to prove anything to you. I'm not the one trying to prove something here. I have an opinion. That's all! But, it is an educated and well thought out opinion. For me to change that opinion, someone has to prove to me that I am wrong and to date, that has not happened. Ice melting, yes it is in some areas. But in others it is growing and thickening. Polar bears drown? You got to be joking? Do you have any idea how long and well they swim?
And carbon in the lakes and streams? What are you talking about? Do you even know what carbon is? It is an element. Life is comprised of carbon molecules. The little fishies you are so worried about are actually made up of carbon! So are we! You state you are in your 60's? If so, you should know that our environment is much cleaner now than it was 40 years ago....water, groundwater, air...all of it.
And why do you assume that those of us who are Republicans and are conservatives are the ones who don't read books. I read all the time. But, I don't spend a lot of time in Barnes &amp; Noble like you do, hoping I will be seen as some type of intellectual. And for the record, I work for an engineering and consulting firm with about 70 employees. My job and livelihood are not dependent upon grants, etc. that wish me to find fault with man over global warming.
I don't care what you think about me as a person or as a professional (by the way you can't afford me), but your vehement response and attacks are typical for someone who leans so far left they would fall over if they had to stand on their own 2 feet. And while I never brought God into this debate, I do believe in God. And I did not even have to read a book to come to the conclusion there is a God, or have Al Gore tell me there was one!

SKennedy
08-22-2007, 04:15 PM
One more thing Gayle....
I think what really made you mad was the fact that I've been married for over 32 years to an attractive, intelligent lady, who despite being 53 years old can still run 5 miles. I bet none of these things ever described you except for the part about being 53 years old.
OK...just kidding....that was too mean even for a conservative. Tell you what....we'll play a race to 10 on the table, 9-ball or 8-ball, and decide the fate of mankind and global warming. You win and we implement all the political changes you desire and we all live happily ever after, or I win and we all perish in our own filth! Free tip of the week just for you: buy stock in major air conditioning manufacturers.

Chopstick
08-22-2007, 04:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr> The cause of global warming is only theory, not fact. <hr /></blockquote>

Well, Mr Kennedy, being a newcomer here, allow me to extend you a good 'ol CCB NPR style greeting by saying sit down, shutup and you're an idiot. Nothing personal of course, it is just our way of saying hello around here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

As a scientist, you know that for a theory to be accepted is must provide accurate predictions of a defined result. How many predictions, produced by the theory of global warming, have come true? He already knows. I'll make it easy for the rest of ya'll, NONE! Not a single one in all these years.

Here's an Inconvenient Truth. Archaeological remains of Viking farms in Greenland. Anybody want to start a farm there now? I can hear Al Gore saying "Oops" right now. How come big Al knows exactly what the temperature is going to be in 2050 but when it comes to the 2000 election he gets little fuzzy on the numbers? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SKennedy
08-22-2007, 04:46 PM
Yes sir Chopstick, you are right.
And yes, you are probably right about me being an idiot too!
Thanks for the welcome. And I want all to know, even Gayle, that disagreements aside, if you enjoy shooting pool it's likely you gotta be a decent good-hearted person.

Deeman3
08-22-2007, 04:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Hillary, being a good "Christian" woman, forgave Bill, and kept her family together. Love, and forgivness, compassion and understanding, all those wonderful "Christian" Values, which Hillary exemplifies, but alas, no accolades from the Egrivator. <font color="blue">

I have to ask. Given your expressed hatred for all things Christian/religous (excepting Muslims who want to behead you), why do you see those same traits as admirable in Hillary? Why are Democratic Christians o.k with you?

I would applaud Hillary's efforts to keep her family together, screw what the rest of the world thinks. It's her business.

How does that stack up with Rudy? Is he better/worse for having had three wives? Does his loose affiliation with the Republican party's stated moral values make him bad presidential material? If he shows up at church is he pandering to the right? Is Hillary?

Despite the hypocracy of some, does someone who has faith and demonstrates Christian values have something wrong with them, in your opinion?

Is there a difference in Hillary using God's guidance through prayer and reflection different from GWB asking for spiritual strength in decisions, given they are both really faithful and not playing the crowd? Are all people of faith shallow and just not as well read and considered in their thought processes as secular people? </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

wolfdancer
08-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Bravo !!!!!

pooltchr
08-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Bravo !!!!!

wolfdancer
08-22-2007, 06:31 PM
Dee, I'm somewhere between a Christian and an agnostic...so i may be the wrong person to comment on this subject...and please nothing personal here is intended...I save all my insults and ridicule for Ed.
Nobody, Gayle, nor myself, questions Christian values, and except for a few sins of the flesh, and the occasional one too many Gin &amp; tonics, I believe I live my life accordingly. ...but I see this admin hiding their evil, under the false guise of Christianity...as a sham. I sit here on the sidelines wondering how a true Christian can believe and follow GWB???
His claim that God directed him onto this path is either delusional, or an outright lie.
If God is behind Bush as he claims...why would he also allow him to appoint so many inept people to posts for which they were clearly unqualified for....why would he allow GWB to look so totally inept himself in moments of crisis..9/11..Katrina. And besides allowing Bush to surround himself with incompetents...how about the others who have been already charged with criminal activity...with more to come.....
And if this truly was a Christian admin...why are the records being shredded...wouldn't a Christian want the world to know and understand how God's work was being carried out by George.
Remove the Christian label from Bush....and you have just another opportunistic crook....just like his brothers....
My Mother would put all these sunshine, Sunday-go to- meetings Christians to shame. She was a 24/7 Christian, that didn't have to adjust Christ's teachings to fit any agenda...She knew right from wrong, and up to her death hated Bush with the same fervor that she hated Hitler with.
while hate is not a Christian doctrine...I'm sure the Lord overlooked it and forgave her, all things considered.
Some people's God tells them to blindly follow Bush, while mine tells me that unless he is St. Augustine reincarnate, you can't be a Saint and a sinner at the same time.
I can write this with certainty....God did not appear to GWB ans tell him to wage a war, especially one based on trumped up facts....and by opposing GWB, one is not speaking out against Christianity. (end of sermon) go in peace!!!
Gayle is aware though, how the self styled leaders of Christianity, through the ages, have used religion to control the populace

SKennedy
08-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Deeman...got the disc. Looking forward to it. Thanks. I also appreciate the voice of reason.

SKennedy
08-22-2007, 07:02 PM
I see the inability for some to think logically about one subject carries into other areas as well. However, at this time I will refrain from speaking on this subject. Suffice to say, I am not somewhere between a christian and an agnostic. There is no such place. I am a christian. And yes, I am certainly a sinner also. I am a mature enough christian that I can go into a place and shoot pool, have a drink or 2, and have fun. Wait...gotta go...Bush just got his orders from God and needs me to help deliver his talking points....
Will agree with you on this....a lot of bad has been perpetrated in this world all through history all in the name of "God" and religion. Just don't throw out the baby with the bath water. It's people that are the problem.

SKennedy
08-22-2007, 07:02 PM
I see the inability for some to think logically about one subject carries into other areas as well. However, at this time I will refrain from speaking on this subject. Suffice to say, I am not somewhere between a christian and an agnostic. There is no such place. I am a christian. And yes, I am certainly a sinner also. I am a mature enough christian that I can go into a place and shoot pool, have a drink or 2, and have fun. Wait...gotta go...Bush just got his orders from God and needs me to help deliver his talking points....
Will agree with you on this....a lot of bad has been perpetrated in this world all through history all in the name of "God" and religion. Just don't throw out the baby with the bath water. It's people that are the problem.

wolfdancer
08-22-2007, 08:40 PM
My illogical reasoning on the subject is that many believe that Bush has a directive from God to wage this war...and he's the one that began that story....others still believe the war to be in direct retaliation for 9/11.
BUT you might have brought up a good point here:
"Bush just got his orders from God and needs me to help deliver his talking points...."
Yes, I'm sure that God would not want Bush to undertake this
noble and Holy cause by himself...and all God fearing, Bush believing , Christians should enlist, sign up, to do battle against the barbarians, in this Crusade. "Onward Christian Soldiers"!!
Only an army of true believers can overcome the satanic forces in Iraq, while also battling the leftist heathens here at home...especially the ones awaiting as Deeman says to welcome their Muslim Brothers and award them the keys to the city.
You could begin a grass roots movement by first publicly renouncing Satan, and head for the nearest recruitment office...As the word spreads...and the ranks swell...we will be able to shout proudly "Mission Accomplished"...although many of us are still unsure what the mission was....

Drop1
08-22-2007, 10:47 PM
SKennedy,welcome to the forum,I'm a mature Atheist,that thinks you are full of crap. Now that being said,I would be more than happy to play a little pool,if you can make it down to Guadalajara. You name the game,I have the table,and the cues,not to mention the balls.

Gayle in MD
08-23-2007, 05:29 AM
<font color="red">Some Scientist.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

16th February 2006
Press release issued jointly by the Met Office and Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Rising CO2 increases river flow by making plants less thirsty
Scientists in Oxfordshire have today released new findings that could have major implications for future water resources across the planet.

Experts from the Joint Centre for Hydro-Meteorological Research (JCHMR) in Wallingford have detected the global effects of increased CO2 on plants that have led to an increase in water running off into rivers.

The flows of many rivers around the world are increasing even though the rainfall falling on the Earth’s land-mass has changed little over recent decades. In a paper published in the scientific journal Nature, the scientists from JCHMR present a solution to this puzzle.

Experiments have previously shown that higher carbon dioxide concentrations make plants more efficient; allowing them to extract less water from the soil, but this effect has not previously been seen at large scales. The new study indicates that the worldwide effects of plant responses to carbon dioxide are already resulting in an increase in the amount of water left to drain into the world’s rivers.

Dr Nicola Gedney, climate impacts scientist at JCHMR and lead author of the article, said: “This answers a key question about what is driving the changes in the global water cycle. CO2 is not only a greenhouse gas; it can also affect the world’s water directly through plant life.”

It is widely recognised that climate change will affect the amount of freshwater available to humans, causing an increase in flooding in some regions while increasing the frequency of droughts in others. This newly-detected global effect on plants will generally increase river flows as carbon dioxide levels go up, partially offsetting decreases in water availability in areas where rainfall drops, and adding to the changes where rainfall increases.

Co-author, Professor Peter Cox, Science Director Climate Change at the Centre for Ecology &amp; Hydrology , explains: “Direct effects of carbon dioxide on vegetation need to be included in assessments of how global water resources will change over the coming decades.”

ENDS

Notes to editors:

The Joint Centre for Hydro-Meteorological Research is a collaboration between scientists from the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, the Met Office and the Met Office’s Hadley Centre for Climate.

Gayle in MD
08-23-2007, 05:45 AM
LOL, good for you, Martin. The right never offers any documented proof, then they cover up their failures by using nothing but insults for answers to their illogical claims, saying that the left has already made up thier minds. Convenient for those who don't read books, or research their positions, don't you think?

Somehow, these well informed righties missed the testimony from the NASA Scientist who told the sotry of how the administration used intimidation and censorship to ruin his reports on Global Warming. Fortunately, other countries have not yet been taken over by Republican Fascists, as ours has, and there is uncensored Scientific Reporting available to Americans, atleast those of us who read, may still have access to their research, which is overwhelmingly in support of the connection to Global Warming, and the burning of fossil fuels.

Hey, when the Emperor walks nude down the avenue, the left is laughing, the right is asking for the name of the designer!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in MD
08-23-2007, 05:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One more thing Gayle....
I think what really made you mad was the fact that I've been married for over 32 years to an attractive, intelligent lady, who despite being 53 years old can still run 5 miles. I bet none of these things ever described you except for the part about being 53 years old.
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">LMAO, well, when you've been married over forty- four years, and she's sixty-two, and married to a hunk, as I am, and she's still running five miles a day, as I do, maybe you'll be a blip on my screen. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif </font color>

Gayle in MD
08-23-2007, 06:20 AM
I have to ask. Given your expressed hatred for all things Christian/religous <font color="red">Not true, Deeman. I respect the right of all people to subscribe to their chosen religious philosophy. My gripe is when they use them to launch wars, and/or dictate to others according to their personal belief system. My observations, and studies, indicate that in most of the inhumane actions taken by mankind throughout history, organized religion is at the core of most of the wrong doing. Hence, my belief is that those who practice organized religion should not use it as a means to destroy others, who believe differently, nor should they use it to condemn people who do not fit into their limited views of what is right and wrong, nor whom is good and bad. </font color> (excepting Muslims who want to behead you), <font color="red">I accept Muslims, as I do all others, but not radical Muslims, nor radical Christians, both of which embody elements which seek to dictate to others according to their personal beliefs. </font color> why do you see those same traits as admirable in Hillary? <font color="red">I don't see Hillary as a radical Christian, nor as a radical Muslim. I do, however, believe that in order to create an enduring marriage, that forgiveness, compassion, and understanding is required, since no one is perfect. </font color> Why are Democratic Christians o.k with you?

<font color="red">All those who subscribe to a religious philosophy are OK with me, as long as they don't kill others for not agreeing with them, nor use their religious philosophy to take over my Government, or dictate to others according to their personal religious views.

I've explained my views many times, and to you specifically, yet you continue to suggest that because I am against radical actions of the religious right, such as bombing abortion clinics, and condemning gays, and oppressing and degrading women, that I am somehow in approval of the radical Muslim terrorists. I find that kind of summation equal to those who believe that if you don't support George Bush, and his lies, colossal incompetence and illegal actions, that such a stance equals failure to support our troops. This kind of right wing rhetoric is at the heart of what is so wrong in this country today, and it has been promoted by the Republican right. That does not make them correct, and in fact, they are very destructive to the democratic principles of our country, and our Constitution, destructive to the separation of church and state, and to the checks and balances as prescribed by our founding fathers. While I believe that Bush has played right into the hands of the radical Muslim Terrorists, I do not view all Muslims by their actions, nor do I accuse Bush of approving of their actions. To accuse me of approving of their terror, killing, and sick philosophies, is unfair, IMO. Accountability is required of every president, but particularly of a President who has lied to the country, over and over again, and shown himself to be living in a state of denial, and to have taken actions to destroy the lives of people who are against his policies. Not only is he a terrible President, but he is a very small, bad human being, IMO, and has hurt my country greatly with his lies and illegal behavior. The fact that he promotes himself as a Christian, I personally find insulting to all Christians. To approve of his unprecedented actions to remove himself, and his administration, from accountablility to the people, and the Congress, and do so by breaking the law, is an impeachable offense, and he should surely be impeached, IMO, along with Gonzales, and Cheney. Rove and Libby, should be serving time in jail for breaking many laws, and breaking the laws of our land over and over. IMO, our country is in the hands of crooks, without conscience, and I hold all those from the right accountable for laying down silently while they continue to break the law, and block themselves from accountability by demonizing all those who call for them to end their secrecy, and answer for their law breaking activities.

</font color>

I would applaud Hillary's efforts to keep her family together, screw what the rest of the world thinks. It's her business. <font color="red">I agree. </font color>

How does that stack up with Rudy? Is he better/worse for having had three wives? <font color="red">IMO, Rudy Guiliani would not be a good president. I believe he is decietful, and incompetent to run our country. I see many of Bush's faults, in Rudy, one example being his refusal to heed the warnings of those security experts who warned him about placing the command center in the WTC, and failing to address the communications problems existing between first responders, his affiliation with the NYC police chief, who we later learned had connections with the mafia, and the way he treated his own children. I believe that he failed to protect the firemen of NYC, and lied about the dangers at ground zero. IMO, if the NYC firemen are against Guiliani, that's a heads ups. The fact that he used the tragedy of 9/11 to accumulate his fortune, does not speak well of him, either, along with interviews I have seen with the families of those lost on that horrible day, which accuse him of failing to do right by them. Also, I doubt that I would ever vote for any Mayor, of any city, to run this country, and particularly so when I view him as decietful regarding the duties of his office. </font color> Does his loose affiliation with the Republican party's stated moral values make him bad presidential material? <font color="red">Actually I don't see him as being in harmony with those Republican values that are good, but place him on the side of those who purport to have them, but in fact, do not have the Goldwater style values that used to represent the Republican party. </font color> If he shows up at church is he pandering to the right? Is Hillary? <font color="red">I am not in favor of candidates displaying their personal religious beliefs for political purposes, nor do I think they have any place in our national political debate. IMO, the subject of religion, should not play any role in government affairs. </font color>

Despite the hypocracy of some, does someone who has faith and demonstrates Christian values have something wrong with them, in your opinion? <font color="red">Those who take the bible literally, IMO, have a lot wrong with them. However, as long as they don't use their beliefs against the interests of others, I have no interest in them one way or the other. I certainly do not think they are well adjusted, however, nor do they hold any credibility with me. </font color>

Is there a difference in Hillary using God's guidance through prayer and reflection different from GWB asking for spiritual strength in decisions, given they are both really faithful and not playing the crowd? <font color="red">I haven't really observed Hillary using her religious beliefs to control people, as I have seen George Bush do, over and over. When she was asked about religion, while she admitted to praying, she also stated that to her, religious belief was a private, personal subject, and that she was raised that way. I thought that was a good answer. IOW, she doesn't hide it, nor does she seem to use it, where Bush, IMO, had to use the whole religious stance as a method to deep six his former bad behavior, of being a drunken, coke head, who bilked the Texas tax payers out of money in order to accumulate his own wealth, practiced insider trading, and basically was a spoiled rich brat, who was bailed out over and over by his rich daddy, and his rich daddy's associates, both financially, and legally, for his law breaking which he managed to get away with, just like he is still getting away with it to this day, only now, people are literally dying because of it.

Hillary, OTOH, came from a middle class family, as did Bill, only in his case, more from a poor family, and they both brought themselves up through their own efforts. </font color> Are all people of faith shallow and just not as well read and considered in their thought processes as secular people? <font color="red">They are if they think a man can live inside a whale, /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

To be honest, if you knew me, other than on the "Internets" /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif you would find that I don't discuss religion other than with my family. I respect the words of Jesus Christ. I believe that heaven is right here on earth, atleast my heaven is. If there is more than this, to enjoy and be in awe of, then that will be a very pleasant surprise. I love life and living so much, I think I would feel rather greedy to expect more than what I have already been able to love, and enjoy. I believe that killing is wrong. War, IMO, is wrong, and beneath the capabilities of the human mind. I believe that to use religion to justify demonizing others, is wrong. I basically believe that if people could practice their religion, and keep their religious beliefs private, personal, and in their hearts, the world would be a better place. I also wonder, if religious people are so sure of their beliefs, why do they have to launch wars, because others do not subscribe to them. Organized religion, IMO, is the warath of mankind, and has absolutely nothing to do with being a good person, or being a spiritual person. I don't expect all others to believe as I do, just that they don't try to stuff their belief system down my throat, or use it to condemn or dictate to others, or to destroy the separation of church and state, in my government. I also do not think much of blind faith taking the place of logical thinking. Logically thinking, I have seen more heartache, killing and destruction performed in the name of organized religion, than I have seen goodness, and kindness. To me, organized religion, is a different thing than a belief in God, or respect and/or love for the words of Jesus Christ. To me, organized religion is a man-made phenomena, created for ulterior purposes, to justify wrong doing, and the condemnation of others.

Psychologists say that the decision to think, is the hallmark of self-esteem. Therefore, it follows, IMO, that the suspension of one's judgement, and the requirement to accept blindly that which one cannot prove, or see, or know, is not in the best interests, overall, of good mental health. What we feel, OTOH, is subjective, and unique to the individual.

</font color>

DickLeonard
08-23-2007, 06:56 AM
Deeman if Rudy had a Wife and a Mistress in Gracie Mansion how many Mistresses can he hide in the White House? Are they all provided Secret Service protection? While the Dems are in control maybe they should pass a law limiting how many concubines we shall pay for.####

Deeman3
08-23-2007, 07:47 AM
Gayle,

I was not aware that there are that many radical Christians around. I mean, it's been many years since an abortion clinic was bombed, I believe. If there is wholesale murders in the name of Christians, beheadings and so forth, I just don't see it. I know you'll now cite Bush as carrying a banner for God with all Christians lined up behind him but that's just your take Gayle.

I do think you regard Christians unfairly in bestowing manicial traits to them in terms of leading us into war and other political decisions that were, of course, not primarily religous based. As far as most of the deaths in history happening over people of one faith or another, you have a point in some wars but as many were tortured by a secular Soviet Union, China and other Godless societies.

You just seem to point out, when convienent, Hillary's strong faith when it benefits your argument but call any right wing person of faith radical when their actions may have little to do with Christianity then paint us all as blind followers of GWB when we just disagree with you.

You don't judge all Muslims by the actions of radicals but do so with Christians.

Otherwise, I find your answers honest and insightful. I do respect your right to see faith as you do and apprecite your answers.

Deeman3
08-23-2007, 07:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Deeman if Rudy had a Wife and a Mistress in Gracie Mansion how many Mistresses can he hide in the White House? <font color="blue"> You have a good point. Maybe ten!</font color> Are they all provided Secret Service protection? <font color="blue"> I hope so. Wouldn't want Rudy to woory over this. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color> While the Dems are in control maybe they should pass a law limiting how many concubines we shall pay for.#### <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">I'm with you here but suspect most of them are spending more on other wastful pursuits. Maybe we'd be better off assigning them a harum to keep them busy from other more harmful endevors. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Does this mean Hillary will get a group of buff butlers? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif </font color>

Gayle in MD
08-23-2007, 08:37 AM
Gayle,

I was not aware that there are that many radical Christians around. <font color="red">There may be many more than you realize, my friend. For example, have you seen the videos of the Christian Camps that some Christian parents send their children to for what amounts to whoilesale brainwashing? It's a pretty horrifying sight, IMO, and amounst to child abuse. Jerry Falwell, suggesting that 9/11 was a punishment to New Yorkers for abortion, and homosexuality? That isn't radical? bush claiming that he consults with God, as a reference to his decision to launch this insane war? Falwell calling Ellen Degenerous, Ellen Degenerate, because she is a lesbian, and claiming homosexual behavior by Tinkie Winkie? A man in Texas, performing an exorcism on his four year old grand-daughter? The President of the United States filling the Department Of Justice, with graduates from a particular Christian College, and then using them to politicise our justice system? Creating a Faith Based Office, in the White House of a country that provides for Separation Of church and State? Believe me, I could go on, and on. Many have written that the true goal of the radical right is to create a theocracy, and my own reading, supports that theory. Also, if you don't think that organized religion has impacted the acceptance of homosexuals in our society, and turned back our national progress in becoming more compassionate as a nation as regards their rights, and peace, well, may I say, I totally disagree that there isn't not a dangerous, anti-constitutional radical religious right at work presently. JMO.</font color> I mean, it's been many years since an abortion clinic was bombed, I believe. If there is wholesale murders in the name of Christians, beheadings and so forth, I just don't see it. <font color="red">There is a wholesale war in Iraq, where hundreds of thousands are presently dying, launched by a man who said he consulted God, beforehand. How do you interpret that? </font color> I know you'll now cite Bush as carrying a banner for God with all Christians lined up behind him but that's just your take Gayle. <font color="red"> Apparently, there are many more than just Gayle, who see it that way. There is an organization named, Americans For Separation Of Church And State which I hardly think would exist, unless there is presently a threat from the radical religious right, to turn this country into a theocracy.

</font color>

I do think you regard Christians unfairly in bestowing manicial traits to them in terms of leading us into war and other political decisions that were, of course, not primarily religous based. <font color="red">I think that when a president states that he consulted God, in preference to listening to the judgements of many military Generals, and intelligence experts, and particularly, his own father, who had led a war in the same region, that one can assume that his religious beliefs, were his basis for his decision, according to his own words. </font color> As far as most of the deaths in history happening over people of one faith or another, you have a point in some wars but as many were tortured by a secular Soviet Union, China and other Godless societies. <font color="red">Does that erace all those who have been killed by so-called Christians? I have never stated that communism, and Godless societies, were pious. </font color>

You just seem to point out, when convienent, Hillary's strong faith when it benefits your argument but call any right wing person of faith radical when their actions may have little to do with Christianity then paint us all as blind followers of GWB when we just disagree with you. <font color="red">Well, as I recall, Hillary was the one being bashed, by a certain, shall we say, radical poster, who performs regularly the very phenomena which you are ascribing to me, in the above statement. I did not bring up the subject of Hillary's marriage, which, IMO, is a poor effort to use as a means of masking her obvious intellect, and experience. My effort, was to, somewhat facetously defend her Christian efforts, to forgive her husband, for which she was being demonized. </font color>

You don't judge all Muslims by the actions of radicals but do so with Christians. <font color="red">I think, that I have made the distinction, over and over, in fact, between Christian people, and organized religion, and between reasonable believers, and radical believers. I'm sorry that you don't see that. </font color>

Otherwise, I find your answers honest and insightful. I do respect your right to see faith as you do and apprecite your answers. <font color="red">As do I, yours, however, I think that my statements in the above post, have not been fairly summarized in your response, but I forgive you for that... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif </font color>

SKennedy
08-23-2007, 08:47 AM
Gayle? I don't argue about your article relative to "carbon dioxide". In your earlier post you said "carbon." There is a significant difference.
Aside from that, the article states that carbon dioxide makes plants more efficient relative to water needs and as a result, they take up less water. Subsequent result is that there is more water in river/stream. Isn't this generally a good thing? Regadless, do you think the difference in water is significant relative to flood or drought conditions? Of course not!

SKennedy
08-23-2007, 08:52 AM
Thanks Drop1. Likely won't be coming there anytime soon, but thinks for the offer. I'm sure I'd come out on the short end, but I might have a chance to learn a thing or 2. Stay out of trouble down there.

SKennedy
08-23-2007, 08:56 AM
All joking, sarcasm, and politics aside.....congratulations Gayle.

Gayle in MD
08-23-2007, 09:04 AM
LMAO!!! Bravo!!! right back atcha!

Love,
Gayle

Gayle in MD
08-23-2007, 09:09 AM
LMAO, Drop, you guys are killing me! Too funny! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SKennedy
08-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Gayle, now that was an excellent, rational, and well thought out post. And what's even worse, is that I agree with much of what you say about so called "religion." Those who hurt or harm others are in the wrong, regardless of their reasons. And while we may disagree with each other on these posts, etc., I hope I am never truly judgemental of you.

Gayle in MD
08-23-2007, 09:18 AM
Gayle? I don't argue about your article relative to "carbon dioxide". In your earlier post you said "carbon." There is a significant difference. <font color="red">I expected a "Scientist" would "get it," I suppose. </font color>
Aside from that, the article states that carbon dioxide makes plants more efficient relative to water needs and as a result, they take up less water. Subsequent result is that there is more water in river/stream. Isn't this generally a good thing? Regadless, do you think the difference in water is significant relative to flood or drought conditions? Of course not!

<font color="red">I think you're a kook, nothing personal or anything, but since you are outnumbered in your so called educated opinion, by some of the most respected Scientists in the world, in fact, a majority, not to mention my own studies, which are BTW, few, as compared to my friend Moblvs, who is extremely well read on this subject, (unlike the Egrivator, who hasn't read a book since he graduated from high school) and whose opinion I respect, very much, on this subject, and others, Global Warming, is in fact, a threat. The fact that you are so sure of your opinion, enough to say that all those other Scientists opinions, will be laughable, in the future, provides me with a good view of just how credible your opinions are, in general, of course.

As for pool, twenty dollars a game, and bring your check book, and your good shoes.

Gayle in Md. </font color>

Deeman3
08-23-2007, 09:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> but I forgive you for that... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif </font color>

<font color="blue"> Like a good Christian would! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

eg8r
08-23-2007, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I expected a "Scientist" would "get it," I suppose.
<hr /></blockquote> He did get it, he knew you were wrong and waited for you to foolishly prove it.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're a kook, nothing personal or anything, but since you are outnumbered in your so called educated opinion, by some of the most respected Scientists in the world, in fact, a majority, not to mention my own studies, <hr /></blockquote> He is the kook? You are the uneducated one calling the educated one a kook. LOL, I guess you are still keeping it uncivil. You must really be a shame to wolfie.

LOL, I have to see this pool game happen. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-23-2007, 11:07 AM
Thank you. Anyone who can see the abuses of organized religion, and grasp the necessity to stand against them, must certainly be a person who thinks. That's what I like, people who like to think, and are not likely to just blindly follow the status quo.

After viewing the program on Sixty Minutes, which, IMO, is one of the more informative programs on TV, my reaction to anyone who would pooh pooh this issue of Global Warming, would not be positive, regardless of the poster. It was compelling, to say the least, and a subject, that IMHO, we must all make an effort to learn as much as possible about.

We have quite a lot on our plates, in these times, but I have trust, by and large, in Americans. Overall, through the years, we have overcome great challenges, and our nation has survived many who would do us ill, decieve us, and manipulate our good will, to their own advantage. They manage, for a while, atleast, to succeed, but Americans, always make a great come back. I hope I live long enough to witness the presently too absent public acknowledgment that the worst thing that could have happened to this country, at this time, was an administration in bed with big oil. Regardless of our other threats, that fact, has cost America, at a very critical time, much more than we could afford to pay, all the way around. Global Warming, and the unconstitutional blurring of the the lines between our traditional separation of church and state, just two of many threats which we face as a nation. The words, "They hate us for our freedom," will eventually have a different meaning, to Americans, and one which will finally identify our true enemy, which has the power to destroy all we hold dear, not through one vicious attack of terrorism, but through a contemplative, evil and self-serving attempt to break the spirit of America, and remove it's ability to remain the greatest nation in the world, and turn it into just another mock democracy, filled with empty rhetoric, and the suffering powerless, and disillusioned.

Vigilence,

"When Fascism comes, it come with a smile, holding a cross."

Be well, friend.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
08-23-2007, 12:08 PM
Dick, I have to disagree with you on this topic....a leader is judged by the size of his harem...and to impose limits as you say, would lesson the man in the eyes of other leaders.
AND, if by some vote counting anomaly Rudy gets elected (I'd be surprised though if he carried NYC)..if he has a stable of concubines to keep him occupied...maybe he won't have as much time on his hands as the "sex is only for procreation" sexually repressed GWB has...and therefore, too busy to **** up the country

Gayle in MD
08-23-2007, 12:31 PM
By the way, Deeman, there will be the third part on an on-going special tonight, with Christiana Amanpor, on the phenomena of religious radicalism, with tonight spotlighting the Christian Religion. She has already covered the Muslims in the previous two nights. It will be on CNN, and last night it aired right after Larry King.

Also, I noticed that when you mentioned that no abortion clinics had been bombed lately, you didn't include an attempt to say that no gays had been demonized, lately, and no women had been opressed, lately, which I had also listed as Christian abuses in my post. I was just wondering, was the exclusion intentional? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
08-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Rudy Guiliani would not be a good president. I believe he is decietful, and incompetent to run our country
Gayle, i have to take exception to your comments here...
Those are the attributes the right looks for when choosing a candidate....you can't control an honest man..

pooltchr
08-23-2007, 05:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I noticed that when you mentioned that no abortion clinics had been bombed lately, you didn't include an attempt to say that no gays had been demonized, lately, and no women had been opressed, lately, which I had also listed as Christian abuses in my post. Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

When you write things like this, it comes across as if you are saying that Christians are all about gay bashing and opressing women. As a Christian myself, I take exception to the inference. Your tendency to catagorize people is truely amazing. A new poster shows up and identifies himself as a conservative, gives an opinion on global warming, and you immediately label him a Kook, and assume he is a blind follower of GW, hates women, gays, muslims, never reads a book, and supports torture, illegal wiretaps, and everything else that you believe everyone who isn't a crazy radical liberal like yourself believes.
I believe this comes from self doubt. You aren't sure of your facts, but if you shout them loud enough, nobody will notice.
You jumped his $hit right from the very beginning, taking cheap shots at him. Those of us who are familiar with your unique style of posting know how to ignore most of it...but can't you give a new guy a break?
It's no wonder you pi$$ of so many people.
Steve

Deeman3
08-24-2007, 07:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> By the way, Deeman, there will be the third part on an on-going special tonight, with Christiana Amanpor, on the phenomena of religious radicalism, with tonight spotlighting the Christian Religion. She has already covered the Muslims in the previous two nights. It will be on CNN, and last night it aired right after Larry King.
<font color="blue"> I DVD'd it but have not watched it. </font color>
Also, I noticed that when you mentioned that no abortion clinics had been bombed lately, you didn't include an attempt to say that no gays had been demonized, lately, and no women had been opressed, lately, which I had also listed as Christian abuses in my post. I was just wondering, was the exclusion intentional? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <font color="blue">No, I don't think mainstream Christians are bashing gays and demeaning women. Yes, there have been and are some that do, but in a very narrow range of churches, inlike the widespread hate fo the Muslim community towards Jews, Women and Christians in general. I won't downplay the role some churches have had in these activities in the past but this is rare anymore. </font color>

By the way, I think, on the whole, Amanpor does a credible job on these type specials and respect her ability to look at many sides of an issue, much like O'reilly... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Gayle in MD
08-24-2007, 08:55 AM
You may change your mind, after you watch the Amanpour special, the title, God's Warriors.

Believe me, there is a huge, radical Christian/Evangelical movement alive and well, in this country, and gaining power, through their political movement, and through enlistment practices, used on children, much like those used by the Taliban, and alQaeda.

One, located in San Francisco, led by Ron Luce, and calling their movement, a WAR, enlisting children as young as eleven into their movement, proves to be nothing more than pure brainwashing and exploitation of children, leaving some of them in a trance like state, singing and chanting hypnotically. They are enticed through a mix of rock music, and religious fanatical dogma, using phrases which are the antithises of healthy phychological development for kids.

All this is achieved on a campus of 472 acres, in rural Texas, at $650.00 per student, per month, called foot soldiers, and including students, called Lieutenants. I do not find this a beneign situation, do you?

You may state that these are few among many others, who do not fall into the rhelm of fanaticism. I do not agree. This is a very dangerous, unhealthy phenomena, growing by leaps and bounds, and a threat to democracy and peace, here, IMO. It amounts to child abuse, and the exploitation of those who are not yet old enough to have formed the reasoning power, and inner stability, to resist that which is exploitative, real, reasonable, and best for themselves.

When girls are taught, that they must cover up their bodies, because it is an obligation which they owe to men/boys, who are not to be held responsible for their own actions, that is oppression, and discrimination.

When religion is used in divisive ways, and children are taught that those who do not subscribe to the philosophy of their group, are their enemy, are evil, and are the subjects of their stated war, any reasonable person, such as Ms. Amanpour did, would question these religious leaders as to how they are different from the Taliban.

Please note, that I do not include ever pastor, every church, or every Christian in my statements and concerns, but instead, I am suggesting that just as we rant against the failure of many of the moderate muslim religious leaders to speak out against those who would exploit young muslims, and enlist them into inhumane, violent activities, which begin with brainwashing techniques, resulting in hatred against the precieved enemy, (All those who do not subscribe) then it is the obligation of Christian leaders and practitioners, as well, to monitor, and take action against those Christian and/or Evangelical leaders who are presently exploiting children in our country, leading them to judge and exclude their percieved enemies, in this case, non believers, liberals, libertarians, Democrats, even people who simply believe in the theory of evolution, and/or all those who are not Republicans.

If one does not think that these activities, and the obvious horrendous statements from religious leaders like Jerry Falwell, (who BTW, defended his disgusting statements about the victims of 9/11 to his dying day) when he linked our national tragedy, to homosexuality and abortion, as though those in this country who do not subscribe to his own belief system, brought about our deserved punishment from alQaeda, through God's will, was not repulsive enough to speak out against.... such ignorance, and hatefulness, what does that say about the religious intrustion into our elections, our political debate, and the future of democracy? This hateful man was allowed to continue on the national level to spread his hateful, divisive rhetoric, on Fox news, mostly, long after he made such outrageous statements. IMO, that is proof of the unchecked power which organized religion is presently weilding in our society presently, and an act which was atleast a bad as those statements which brought about the removal of the so called I-man.

I do not view organized religion as a tame and un-threatening phenomena, but rather view it as I would any government, or organization of political power; a force which must be held to account for radical abuses, divisive techniques, the language of WAR, and the spreading of hatred against fellow countrymen.

I believe, also, that mainstream christians, with their silence, allow such notions as the idea that God demands that women, must OBEY, their husbands, and are not good enough to serve on the same alters on which men lead their congregations, and that homosexuals, are committing a sin against God. These ideas lead to a hateful style of oppression, and exclusion from human rights as enjoyed by all those who fit into the accepted religious dogma regarding just whom is worthy, and just whom is not.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md.

SKennedy
08-24-2007, 09:03 AM
Thanks Steve for coming to my rescue. By the way, the "S" in my moniker is for "Steve."
Don't be too harsh on Gayle. I have actually enjoyed these discussions and she can bash me all she wants. I will not be offended. She's entitled to her opinions. For the record, I may indeed me a "Kook" (jury still out), I do not blindly follow anyone, I love women and people in general, love gays but think homosexuality is wrong but am not in judgement of them and they are welcome to do whatever they want just like the rest of us, do not like radical muslims that want to kill people, I do read and would consider myself fairly well-read, am all for torture if applied sparingly by a big bosomed blond bimbo (just kidding), and I am not for illegal wiretaps or anything else that is illegal, including illegal immigrants. I am for freedom and think that this forum and the presentation and debate of differing opinions is a wonderful symbol of that freedom and the great country we live in. If I was from another country, I would immigrate here as fast as I could (legally, like others I know). Once Hillary is elected, I may have to move to the northern Boreal Forest of Canada (just threw this part in for Gayle's benefit.)

Deeman3
08-24-2007, 09:17 AM
I will let you know if the show changes my mind. I do still bleive this is not as widespread as you think and that most, meaning the vast majority, well over 98%, do not subscribe nor support this behaviour although it, in my mind, does fall short of a sanctioned policy beheading your enemies. I have never floowed charismatic Christians leaders as I believe we follow Christ and putting our faith in man is never a good idea as they often abuse and disappoint.

If any person lives by a message of hate, he will fail, in our society. The very fact that statements like Falwell's can be openly discussed and condemed, which many of us did, is why we don't have a lot to fear from Christianity. I am as against making Christianity our national religeon as you are. I don't however, want to have Christianity singled our for sanctions, as many are doing, while having tolerence for other faiths. You may want Fox not to air any of a Jerry Falwell's statements but I, for instance, want a meeting of the KKK shown so that peoplesee the open threat of idiots and the silliness of their rants and claims rather than letting them hide, as they do, behind sheets. They are much more dangerous when ingnore and allowed to grow and fester.

If you think the radical right will somehow swing this country into a theocracy, I think you vastely underestimate the people of both faith and secular beliefs. However, trying to segregate Christians into a category of bigots and non-accepting humans based on a very small group of radical evangelicals is not any fairer than judging the behaviour of all women by those of Ann Coulter or Hillary Clinton.

SKennedy
08-24-2007, 09:18 AM
Gayle, I am a christian and consider myself a conservative and I agree with you 100% about those who spread hate and oppression. I have explained to my children about those out there who do harm, all in the name of God or their "religion." As one of these extreme groups grows, an extreme counter group also grows. I have no use for any group or individual who expouses hatred for others, regardless of their differences. These people hate because they don't like themselves and must blame others for their faults. I have tried to raise my children without biases and hatred for others and think my wife and I did a pretty good job. But, there will always be "haters" out there and those who wish to hurt or kill decent people. I have friends that are muslims that are just as decent as me, or better. I would help defend them in an instant against those who would do them harm just because they are muslim. In the same vein, any muslim, so called "christian", or unbeliever who wants to do harm to me or my family is my enemy, and I will take action to protect myself and my family.

SKennedy
08-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Deeman, I wish I was as eloquent as you. Thanks for your rational thought. By the way, I'm up to Chapter 5. Thanks for sending. Will follow-up when finished.
And your comment about Christ....I have told my kids that human beings, including mom and dad, will always let you down or disappoint so never put your faith in them. I guess some of us are proof that a christian can be a poolplayer?

Gayle in MD
08-24-2007, 09:44 AM
LOL, I like your views, and I'm sorry if I misjudged you at the outset. It gets a bit wearing around here at times, and we've had a run of newcomers, which some of us suspect have been enlisted by certain of our most radical sheep.

Knowing that you are a reader, and do not seem to lean toward dictatorship, I trust we will be friends, and enjoy our mutual debates.

Also, when I said, "Even I didn't realize" I didn't mean that the way it sounded. I'm retired, and have the time, finally, to come close, to having enough time, (There is never enough,) to do all the reading I like. That hasn't always been the case. I should have stated that as much reading as I do, I was completely unaware of just how much documentation was available, and how many of the most respected scientists from all over the world, are alarmed over what they percieve as a real threat, Global Warming, and believe by a vast majority among the most respected, that it is caused by humans, the burning of fossil fuels, and other causes related to our worll-wide growing population.

I became more interested in researching the subject, when I learned about the actions taken by the Bush Administration, to intimidate, and censor, the Scientific reports, written by the Scientist from NASA, (His name escapes me at the moment,) when he testified on the Hill.

As for Hillary, I will continue to observe the debates, to determine for sure, where my vote will land. I do have a great deal of respect for Hillary Clinton, who has managed to achieve so much in her lifetime, and without any political connections from parents, or other relatives, managed to distinguish herself, through sheer intelligence, and har work, in her career, while also bringing up such a well adjusted, intelligent young woman, as Chelsea Clinton. I think Hillary is brilliant, and so far, her statements regarding the war in Iraq, and the problems our country faces, along with her experience, and past goals for the good of the people, have her high on my list. I realize that Republicans hate her, but since you say you're open minded, and an independent, I'm sure you'll agree, that she does have the determination, foreign experience and approval, and the intellect and diplomatic ability required to undo much of the damage that our country has suffered from the present administration.

Having Bill Clinton, who is so loved around the world, as a roving ambassador, wouldn't hurt, either.

Just my 2c... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
08-24-2007, 10:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>As for Hillary, I will continue to observe the debates, to determine for sure, where my vote will land. I do have a great deal of respect for Hillary Clinton, who has managed to achieve so much in her lifetime, and without any political connections from parents, or other relatives, managed to distinguish herself, through sheer intelligence, and har work, in her career, while also bringing up such a well adjusted, intelligent young woman, as Chelsea Clinton.

<font color="blue"> I do agree with some of your statements about Hillary but I have to say, I would consider having Bill Clinton as a family connection would be pretty important, as well as the fact she was his wife as Govenor of Arkansas. You really think she has achieved all her success without the benefit of that family tie? Even the most gullible among us would not think she would have moved to NY and became a senator no matter her previous accomplishments (Finishing law school, marrying a future president, making some outstanding unpredictable financial investments).

She is a remarkable woman but aside form a couple of property cases in Arkansas and being first lady, what has she done? What important legislation has she introduced and piloted through the senate? What is her international credentials? Touring as first lady, then as a senator?

She may be the woman this may be her time. I just don't, yet, see what makes her special aside from having Bill as a partner, which I admit, is not bad as a political partnership. That may be just enough with the poor excuse we have for a candidfate field this time around.</font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

wolfdancer
08-24-2007, 10:29 AM
is not any fairer than judging the behaviour of all women by those of Ann Coulter or Hillary Clinton.
Did you cite these two women for their widely divergent roles as Saint and sinner?
I never quite though of Hillary as a Saint
or maybe their opposite traits of cruelty and compassion?
Or nitwit and level headed?
Sexually repressed...sexually liberated?
I'm not sure which extreme ends of femininity they are supposed to represent...
and the list goes on
I'm not sure I see the connection
Hillary though is our most qualified candidate, the only one
that has worked closely with the Presidential staff.....

wolfdancer
08-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Didn't Hitler have his "youth league and Brown Shirts"

wolfdancer
08-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Dee, while you are questioning her credentials....what were GWB's, Arnold's, Jeb's, Reagan's?
If there was a requirement for work related experience...one would have to be involved with local politics, then become a Congressman before he ran for the Senate, and a term in the Senate before he ran for higher office.
As for educational requisites...To my knowledge only Bill Bradly and Dianne Feinstein, studied
politics in college....and Bill was a Rhodes Scholar, while Dianne was recognized as a future leader.
George studied History.....I believe "politics as practiced in the Paleolithic Age" Just like today, where being a club member is necessary for success....back then you could also club your way to a leadership role.

Gayle in MD
08-24-2007, 11:19 AM
Deeman,
Hillary had distinguished herself in college and on the Hill, long before she was married to a political figure. My personal opinion is that Bill may never have been Govenor, or President, without Hillary at his side. JMO...

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
08-24-2007, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
However, trying to segregate Christians into a category of bigots and non-accepting humans based on a very small group of radical evangelicals is not any fairer than judging the behaviour of all women by those of Ann Coulter or Hillary Clinton. <hr /></blockquote>
From my original post....
[ QUOTE ]
Please note, that I do not include ever pastor, every church, or every Christian in my statements and concerns, <hr /></blockquote>

I don't think I did that, Deeman, but I do think that you don't realize how vast this movement really is. And, of course, it is my view, as you know, that the recent movement of the Christian Coalition, into the political arena, led by Jarry Falwell, has already done a great deal of divisive damage to our country, and also turned back a good deal of progress we had made in creating a more tolerant society, and has also damaged our traditional separation of church and state. Additionally, I believe that movement is presently systematically chipping away at women's rights, which of course, economically speaking, have still not been fully achieved, but now intend to intrude into private and personal decisions, such as whether or noe a woman wishes to carry a fetus to full term, and whether or not a woman at risk must die, in order to bring a fetus to term. This is completely outrageous, and is also, gross discrimination against women.

When a pastor, priest, rabbi, or any man of the cloth, suggests his congregation to subscribe to the theory that women, are to be subserviant to the whishes of their husbands, to obey, IOW, they are practicing gross discrimination, against women, just as they are against gays, when they teach or say that homosexuals are not accpeted by God, not allowed the legal right to marry, or are somehow not normal.

Such statements divide us as a people, and impact the value and self-esteem of those who do not fall within the man-made religious dogma which is spread from the pulpit, and purported to be the wishes of "their" God, and therefore, the wishes of "The God" for all mankind. This amounts to religious/political dictatorship, through the religious interference into an already established Supreme Court Ruling. Please don't tell me that this phenomena, this intrusion into the laws of our land, this effort to distort, and remove the personal, private rights of others, exists as an effort, only in a small group of Christians.

It is my belief that if any pastor, or religious organization, leads their patrons from the pulpit toward one particular political party, or the other, that their tax exempt status should be abandoned, or denied. The presently practiced method they use, is to split hairs in order to avoid being held to account for their political activities. This was most certainly not the intention of our framers.

Gayle in Md.

SKennedy
08-24-2007, 12:17 PM
As for "Even I didn't realize.." I knew you didn't mean it as it sounded, but I just could not resist having some fun with it. And no, I was never recruited for this forum. And, I have always been friends with folks of varying political persuasions. If their motivation is pure, then I have no problems with someone. Yes, we can be friends and still debate.
So far, I've got to say that Deeman and I are most definitely on the same wavelength. Hope that is not too much of an insult to Deeman. However, I've got to agree with Gayle with respect to the Clintons....Bill would never have been President had it not been for Hillary. She was the ambition! Once Bill's terms were complete, I knew Hillary was only running for the Senate for an eventual attempt to return to the Whitehouse. The big difference between Bill and Hillary is that she comes across as too ambitious and is intimidating to many men and also to women due to her aggressive nature. Bill comes off as more of a man of the people. Of course, Hillary has to temper herself or she wiil affront too many voters. I fear she will team up with Obama. If so, I think they wil be unbeatable unless something drastic happens.
I had always though a Powell/Rice ticket would be interesting, but we won't be seeing that.
As for Reagan? Best President who has served since I've been old enough to vote! I also think that if JFK were around today, he'd be a Republican and be real disappointed with what has happened to the Democratic Party. My son was shocked when I once explained to him that Democrats use to have many conservative members.

Deeman3
08-24-2007, 12:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Dee, while you are questioning her credentials....what were GWB's, Arnold's, Jeb's, Reagan's?
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Wolfdancer,

She may have more qualifications than some of the above. I don't think you can say being first lady is equal to being an elected state Govenor and Arnold is not running for president last I looked. I don't think that international experience is as valuable as we seem to tag it with. i just caught Gayle's citing of lack of family connectiuons as strange being married to an ex-president is certainly not to be ignored as Gayle seemed to say Hillary did it all wihtout family influence. </font color>

Deeman3
08-24-2007, 12:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Deeman,
Hillary had distinguished herself in college and on the Hill, long before she was married to a political figure. My personal opinion is that Bill may never have been Govenor, or President, without Hillary at his side. JMO...

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Unfairly, I might add, she was a liability to him in Arkansas. That was no secret. IN fact, that may have been the genesis of her bowing to political winds as she changed her name to get Bill re-elected. You may say this is hogwash but I was there and voting at that time and reading the news accounts.

What distinguised her on the hill long before Bill? I know she had a great education as did Bill. I just never knew she distinguished herself in any big way on the hill. Please cite examples, if you will. I honestly can't say where she has distinguished herself on the hill even now but would be glad to be updated. Again, can you name other ineffective politicians, yes. So can I. The question was about Hillary and not in a disprectful way, no mention of other isses. </font color>

eg8r
08-24-2007, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My son was shocked when I once explained to him that Democrats use to have many conservative members. <hr /></blockquote> Just as long as you are teaching your son that "conservative" does not necessarily mean Republican and "liberal" does not always mean democrat. Sure there are more on one side than the other for each respective group but they are not silos. Just look at W, he should never go down in history as a Conservative.

eg8r

SKennedy
08-24-2007, 01:20 PM
You are right. They are not silos. However, based upon what my son was seeing and hearing from the media, he was shocked when I explained this to him.

wolfdancer
08-24-2007, 01:22 PM
I'm with holding my vote for Hillary, until I know for certain she has gone through menopause. It's bad enough we are at war now because of somebody's dream.....we can't afford another one brought on by pms.
Besides her intelligence, educational background...as the wife of Bill Clinton, as a United States Senator....she is more familiar with the workings of Gov't, then most candidates.Certainly more trustworthy then any announced Republican candidates.
I don't know if she would make a good first lady /President
but I don't see a good alternative candidate as of yet.
"Madame President" got a nice ring to it, eh????

Gayle in MD
08-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Well, I think I read that Bill dreamed of being president, after he met President Kennedy, when he was very young, in high school, I think, so the ambition was there. I wouldn't go so far as to say he would never have made it, without Hillary, though, because he had certainly made the most of his life from a youngster, living in a home with an abusive, alcoholic step-father, and I have always thought that that experience laid the basis for his deep empathy for the poor, the common man, and the mistreated. I do think that Hillary, was definately a plus, as most women who are in love with their husbands are, and that her intellectual brilliance, and desire to help people, and women in particular, and the poor, provided Bill with a soul mate from their beginnings, as a couple.

As for agression, that seems to be a word used only for women, who are committed to be high achievers, but not often heard when describing men. I think the correct word, in both cases, may be persistance, which is obviously a necessity for success in any endeavor.

I believe there are conservatives in all three parties, and also, that if Goldwater were around, he'd be very disappointed in what has happened to the Republican Party, and he'd be a Democratic, particularly, since Goldwater voiced his great disapproval of today's Republicans, to several other prominent Republicans, before he died.

Kennedy, would never have been Republican, because Kennedy, like Clinton, Goldwater and Ford, would not have approved of the redistribution of wealth, upwards, to the wealthiest, and they were all men who felt a committment to ecology, the health of our planet, the future of our children, and the ability of the common man, to achieve the American dream, on a fail playing field.

IMO, the only honest Republicans to serve this country in my lifetime, were Gerry Ford, and Dwight David Eisenhower. Reagan, contributed to the demise of Unions in this country, which were the only thing to protect the American worker from being vastly exploited by the rich. He also failed to respond when 244 Marines were murdered by terrorist in Lebanon, and when they attacked and shot down an American sivilian aricraft, and I felt he favored the rich in his economic policies, as did both Bush's.

Cutting taxes, and borrowing money to pay for the tax cuts, is not sound policy, it is simply leaving the debt, to those who are not old enough to protest. Kennedy would never have approved of such a racket, IMO, nor would he approve of rigging the tax structure to advance the rich, at the expense of the Middle Class, which suffers every time Republicans have power.

I see nothing conservative in waging war, and cutting taxes, on borrowed money, from foreign countries, who are potential future enemies, just as I see nothing conservative in sending only those of a certain economic condition, who can be bribed, to go and fight a war, while giving the children of the rich, and upper class, a pass. As far as I'm concerned, if it is important enough to wage war, then it is important enough that the duty be shared equally among the classes. I am sick of chichen hawks, who have never seen a battle, sending our kids to fight in wars, under false pretenses, in order to fill the pockets of their rich corporate oil cronies, and the Military Industrial Complex, which are standing in line for their no bid contracts, as they rob the same American tax payers, whose kids are doing the fighting.

There is nothing conservative, about leaving every person in this country over thirty thousand dollars in debt, in order to fight a war, against a country which never attacked us on our soil, and never threatened to attack us. I also see nothing conservative about no-bid contracts, or tax cuts, during war time, and paid for with borrowed money.

The Democratic Party, will now be painted as spend thrifts, after six years of pork barrel Republican spending, ( and corruption) and not one spending veto from this president, who has borrowed more money than all previous presidents, combined. Nothing conservative about that, either.

Reagan, sold arms to the Contras, against our policies, in secret, and then passed the buck on to Oliver North, and also hid the growing threat from bin Laden, and other terrorist organizations, by simply looking the other way, after our marines had been slaughtered. More people have been killed under Republican regimes, with no response, than Democratic, and more efforts to address the issuem have been blocked by Republicans, than Democrats...hence, the Wag The Dog, accusations from Republicans during Clinton's administration, and the outrage from Republicans over his efforts to use wire taps to spy on alqaeda, in order to locate their cells in this country, within the FISA provisions! Republicans, are responsible for the unchecked birth of alQaeda, and bin Laden, whose name was mentioned in this country for the first time, during the Oliver North testimony, as justification for his extravagant security system in his home.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
08-24-2007, 01:38 PM
You may want to look into her work during the Watergate hearings....long before Clinton was ever president. Also, her efforts on behalf of poor women during his governorship.

As a first lady, she was involved in a way that no other first lady had been involved since Elenor Roosevelt.

Further, she atleast tried to solve our nation's health care disaster, but, of course, Republicans shot that all to hell, just like they shot down the efforts to address the growing threats from alQaeda, which Republicans actually made fun of, and called a Wag The Dog, attempt, by Clinton. I believe I have already posted those Republican statements made during those particular efforts of the Clinton years on this site.

Gayle in Md....thinks Biden, with his vast foreign relations experice, would make an excellent VP...

SKennedy
08-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Did I say "aggressive?" I may have. Most men are by nature, more agressive than women. That's neither a good or bad thing. I'm simply saying that many people find Hillary too "aggressive" in her manner. Remember when her "people" were changing her hair style and dress to felect a "warmer" and more feminine nature? It doesn't bother me if a woman is "aggressive," unless of course, she is much bigger and meaner than I am. My wife is not a patsy. She is very smart and can be very opinionated. However, many men are intimidated by a woman of this type. IMO, Hillary comes across as very domineering to many people. Uh Oh! My wife is looking for me.....gotta find a place to hide.....

Deeman3
08-24-2007, 02:43 PM
Gayle,

Don't mis-interpret my questions about Hillary. I'm really not starting that, "If she can't manage her personal life", stuff.... I just pointed out the fact she had connections.

I just read a nice article from back when she was first lady and the libbers weretrying to get around her not leaving Bill, her choices. I see her as a ver pragmatic woman. I don't think she's particualrily honest but I saw Carter as totally honest and his presidency was a disaster by any measure. Hillary may, in fact, be a little of what we need right now. Anyone who thinks she is not politically savy is naive and those who write her off because of her personal life are holding her to standards of her husband, not her and that's certainly not fair.

The question should and will be, can she convince the nation she can lead all of us and protect us. I for one, have not been convinced she can't do as good a job as any of the other candidates on either side, so far. You don't have to be a hawk to keep people/enemies in line, you just have to convince them you are. The very hard edge most of us see in her could very well play to her advantage when it comes to the rough fight she, or any candidate is going to have given the disgraceful state of politics now. She's not going to lose because she cried or got out maneuvered, a potential good trait in a president. While I'm not signing up for her right now, i'm also not willing to write her off as I am much more interested in leadership form a president than if she supports abortion or gun control. The President, in real terms, does not impact those issues near as much as we think, beyond a few court appointments and we are not going to head back to the old days under any president. So, can she lead? That is much more important than international experience. She's certainly making mencemeat out of Obama and the other candidates right now.

Let's give it some time. If she will address the issues after she throws the other bums out, I'll ignore the old stuff about her husband and her rants and raves and such. I don't think I could support a President who didn't yell every once in a while anyway. I still won't pretend she had no advantage in her assention in regard to family affiliations but, hell, it's hard to get elected mayor of Hooterville without those. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

By any measure, she stood by her man when it had to be personally difficult, gotta give her props for that. It's easy to drop someone and takes courage to stand by them. I won't question her motives. That's her business and only she knows. You know, "those without sin throw the first stone?" That's from one of the books I read this year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

wolfdancer
08-24-2007, 03:00 PM
but I saw Carter as totally honest and his presidency was a disaster by any measure
I think Jimmy Carter was the most moral President that we have had in my lifetime....I wish my own character, morals and faith were as strong as his is.I also believe his perceived failure as
President was due to him not "playing ball" with the rest of the criminals, thieves, predators, etc, that we have elected to represent us, while in reality they only further their own interests, by selling their votes for money and power.....there may not be room anymore for an honest man in that office
and future historians will agree, Jimmy Carter's Presidency will shine in comparison to this ******* moron's
And besides we ex-sewer pipe sailors have to stick up for each other.....

Deeman3
08-24-2007, 03:46 PM
I think some of the things you say about Carter are true, he was good man but still a poor president. Clinton was man of poor virtue but an above average president. Reagan was not half as smart as Clinton or Carter but was a much better leader, both Clinton and Reagan had strong personal presence while Carter had little until he left office then slowly dicarded it. Bush Sr. and Jr. and Carter could not voice calm leadership while Clinton and Reagan had great voices to calm and lead but for very different reasons. Reagan was so strong in physical presence and stature even saying, "Bombing Starts Tomorrow" brought laughs from even his communist enemy's while Clinton would have been buried for that same guffaw. JFK is the only one who had it all and the added benefit fo the press of the day playing along. Nixon was the biggest disaster because he had all the bad attributes and, on top of that, was paranoid.

I could describe for you the perfect president but he/she is not on the public stage right now. I do know of one I like for the future but he's have to jump parties for me to "out" him. Hint, he's a minority. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Gayle in MD
08-24-2007, 04:35 PM
LOL. I think it's going to be fun having you around here. We need more like you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hey, I agree with you that she is seen that way, however, I don't necessarily think it is a fair rap. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Being an opinionated woman, myself, I have a bit of personal experience regarding how such views originate, if you know what I mean... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif The world can drop a myth on you, like a big net, and struggling free of it, is tough duty, and sometimes impossible!

All women are opinionated, some just hide it, and hence, they operate under the radar, it's called passive aggression, which is a whole lot worse! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in Md....try hiding near the pornography! She'll never find you there /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

wolfdancer
08-24-2007, 05:47 PM
Would you say this lady is passive/aggressive?
web page (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/725407/bodybuilder_joanna_thomas/)

wolfdancer
08-24-2007, 05:52 PM
This could have been such a fantastic thread...it was so close, and therefore so disappointing....that I had to have a couple of extra drinks last nite....
Se how nice it could have read:
"Why I rarely Post anymore"
eg8r

Vapros
08-25-2007, 12:19 AM
Wolfdancer, your reference to an 'honest man' moves me to make this observation: Any really successful politician has promised to love, honor and obey certain interests - it's the only way to generate enough votes to win election. You can knock on every door in the country, but if you intend to win you must sign up with large blocs of voters. If you don't, the other guy will. It's been that way for a long time. The truly honest and independent candidate usually wastes his time, money and sweat. The other guy wins. It might not be quite as true at the local level, but it is in the big time.

Vapros
08-25-2007, 12:22 AM
P.S. To paraphrase Damon Runyon, the conniver may not win every time, but that's the way to bet.

Qtec
08-25-2007, 09:37 PM
My son was shocked when I once explained to him that Democrats use to have many conservative members. <hr /></blockquote> Just as long as you are teaching your son that "conservative" does not necessarily mean Republican and "liberal" does not always mean democrat. Sure there are more on one side than the other for each respective group but they are not silos. Just look at W, he should never go down in history as a Conservative.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Wow. Ed finally says something I agree with.

Its stupid to class people as Liberals, Socialists , Conservatives etc. Most people sit in the middle of the political spectrum. They do have a tendancy to vote one way or the other but they make their decisions on the issues on a case by case basis.
You would probably call me a Socialist but although I am in gereneral against the death penalty, someone like that guy Cuely[ the guy that buried a 8 yr old kid alive in his garden!] I could cheerfully fire the gun that puts a bullet thru his head.
Only brainwashed extremists can't decide for themselves. On both sides.

Q

Gayle in MD
08-25-2007, 09:59 PM
Very true about the terms liberal, and conservative, but neocons? Different story, they're a distinct, radical faction, along with the far right evangelicals.

[ QUOTE ]

Q <hr /></blockquote>

For sure.

Gayle

Gayle in MD
08-25-2007, 10:13 PM
I never realized how much he accomplished, or the enduring impact he had on foreign policy, until I watched a biographical on his life, and presidency. Soon after I heard two historians review his presidency. They were saying the same things about him.

I think he got a bum rap, and agree that he is a man of sterling integrity. Your summation is right on target, IMO, re: the Washington Outsider comment. He walks the walk, still.

G.

Qtec
08-25-2007, 10:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Very true about the terms liberal, and conservative, but neocons? Different story, they're a distinct, radical faction, along with the far right evangelicals.

Q <hr /></blockquote>

For sure.

Gayle <hr /></blockquote>

Neo-Con = Extremist

Q

hondo
08-26-2007, 01:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr> One more thing Gayle....
OK...just kidding....that was too mean even for a conservative. <hr /></blockquote>

No, it wasn't too mean EVEN for a conservative.
It was typical of the mean-spirited response
that most neo-cons give when their beliefs are
challenged.
I belong to 2 forums and the only conservative on
either forum who has a sense of humor and doesn't
seem mean-spirited is Deeman.

hondo
08-26-2007, 01:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Hillary, being a good "Christian" woman, forgave Bill, and kept her family together. Love, and forgivness, compassion and understanding, all those wonderful "Christian" Values, which Hillary exemplifies, but alas, no accolades from the Egrivator. <font color="blue">

I have to ask. Given your expressed hatred for all things Christian/religous (excepting Muslims who want to behead you), why do you see those same traits as admirable in Hillary? Why are Democratic Christians o.k with you?

I would applaud Hillary's efforts to keep her family together, screw what the rest of the world thinks. It's her business.

How does that stack up with Rudy? Is he better/worse for having had three wives? Does his loose affiliation with the Republican party's stated moral values make him bad presidential material? If he shows up at church is he pandering to the right? Is Hillary?

Despite the hypocracy of some, does someone who has faith and demonstrates Christian values have something wrong with them, in your opinion?

Is there a difference in Hillary using God's guidance through prayer and reflection different from GWB asking for spiritual strength in decisions, given they are both really faithful and not playing the crowd? Are all people of faith shallow and just not as well read and considered in their thought processes as secular people? </font color>

<hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

Republican Christians???? Oh... you're talking about
the Morehole Majority, right? Praise Jesus and pass
the ammo.
Georg Bush got a message from God the other day.
It said, " Who are you?"

hondo
08-26-2007, 01:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Didn't Hitler have his "youth league and Brown Shirts" <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, but he didn't have bushfish.

hondo
08-26-2007, 01:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Dee, while you are questioning her credentials....what were GWB's, Arnold's, Jeb's, Reagan's?
If there was a requirement for work related experience...one would have to be involved with local politics, then become a Congressman before he ran for the Senate, and a term in the Senate before he ran for higher office.
As for educational requisites...To my knowledge only Bill Bradly and Dianne Feinstein, studied
politics in college....and Bill was a Rhodes Scholar, while Dianne was recognized as a future leader.
George studied History.....I believe "politics as practiced in the Paleolithic Age" Just like today, where being a club member is necessary for success....back then you could also club your way to a leadership role. <hr /></blockquote>

Georg didn't STUDY history. If he had he would have
understood what happened during the crusades
and had a little insight into the Arab mind.

eg8r
08-26-2007, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
seem mean-spirited is Deeman. <hr /></blockquote> Alright, we have put up our guy, go Deeman, will a lib ever stand up? I have yet to see anyone on the left who even comes close to Deeman. Just take a look at how jGayle jumped all over SK when she noticed he did not agree with her twisted views of reality. I do enjoy your humorous sarcastic posts over on Az but that never shows up here, why?

eg8r

eg8r
08-26-2007, 09:55 PM
Q, don't bother spelling it out for her. She likes to hear herself talk.

eg8r

hondo
08-27-2007, 06:50 AM
seem mean-spirited is Deeman. <hr /></blockquote> Alright, we have put up our guy, go Deeman, will a lib ever stand up? I have yet to see anyone on the left who even comes close to Deeman. Just take a look at how jGayle jumped all over SK when she noticed he did not agree with her twisted views of reality. I do enjoy your humorous sarcastic posts over on Az but that never shows up here, why?

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

That's an excellent question and actually goes back
to my original thread here.
AZ is the exact opposite of this board.
The few libs that post on AZ are outnumbered so badly
that it's pathetic. I've tried to make points on
there but they really beat libs down with their smug
sarcasm.
I got to the point where all I do on there is try to
make a point by being funny.I know I can't win.
On here it's about like USC playing Colgate in football.
I'm not really needed. I look on and say, nah, they
don't need me.
I'm shocked at how badly the neo-cons outnumber the
libs on AZ. It's certainly not what I see in the "real"
world.
Gayle is angry at what she sees going on and I don't
blame her. I share that. It's just too easy on here
and impossible on AZ.

hondo
08-27-2007, 07:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr> My basis for being a "consultant?" I am a scientist who happens to make a living as an environmental consultant. I've worked for industry (big and small), small business owners, and local, state, and federal government agencies, etc. I have been working in the environmental field for about 28 years. Although I am 52 years old, my experience makes me a "dinosaur" in this business. Do I need to send you my college transcripts and my resume?
My wife even disagrees with me on the global warming issue. She believes the media hype about a "concensus" for the cause of global warming. But, I still love her. And Sid, I'd still be willing to shoot a game of pool with you even if you disagree with me.
There will always be the vocal group out there spreading and proclaiming "doom &amp; gloom." How quickly we forget our history (Y2K). Years from now, society will look back at the global warming crisis and laugh at us. Suggest you look at a publication (yes, it too is biased) called "Environment &amp; Climate News." I'm not saying everything in it is right, or accurate, but it will provide a different perspective that you should consider. <hr /></blockquote>

There is strong evidence discovered by the Bush people
that the global warming theory is actually a plot
concocted by 90% of the world's most famous scientists
to raise the taxes of hard working Republicans.

SKennedy
08-27-2007, 08:49 AM
Hello Hondo.
You must be a working man as it appears you caught up on this thread this weekend. I didn't get much done last week at work and will have to make up for it this week.

As for Deeman....thanks for the info. I scanned all of it Friday and Saturday. I really think it helped me in match play Sunday afternoon. I stayed focused through the entire match, which has been difficult for me lately. I may have played the best I've played for some time.
Steve (SKennedy)

Gayle in MD
08-27-2007, 10:27 AM
LOL...Guiliani was just launching his big propaganda, "I am the Terrorist Mayor" campaign, when he agreed to be a member of the 9/11 commission. Then, he never showed up for the meetings. Instead, he decided he'd make more money giving lectures and speeches on how protect the cities from terror attacks! He was mayor of the only city that had two attacks in eight years, and put his command center at ground zero! He's made more money off 9/11 than anyone other than Dick Cheney's corporate fascist friends!

Flop Flop? He's a flip flopper, without personal combat duty. The man he appointed as Chief of Police, was a crook, in bed with the mafia, and took bribes.

Guiliani tried to throw his kids out of their home, so he could install his mistress, a real family man, with Christian values, for sure! Now they won't even speak to him.

Screwed around on every wife he was married to, and has dressed up in women's clothes more than any other Mayor in history!

Yet another Republican oportunist, who managed to exploit our great national tragedy for more money in his own pocket, and for his future political purposes, who refuses to listen to expert opinion. Just what we need... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Morehole Majority! Too funny! Hey, how come all those religious fanatics are obese? Do they just skip over the part about gluttony being a sin?

G. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

DickLeonard
08-27-2007, 10:46 AM
Hondo I checked out AZB I don't have enuff time in my life to post on that site. That is slower that waiting in a checkout line at Wal Mart. I am usually heard screaming how did this company get so Big. Twenty cash registers and one open.####

eg8r
08-27-2007, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I got to the point where all I do on there is try to make a point by being funny. <hr /></blockquote> While I think it is very funny, the only point I see you making is that you have a knack at injecting a little humor. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gayle is angry at what she sees going on and I don't blame her. I share that. It's just too easy on here
and impossible on AZ. <hr /></blockquote> Well, that is fine, but you are welcome to post on subjects other than politics. Your humor is definitely welcomed.

Don't you find it funny that your thread is getting tons of replies. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif A thread about not posting often gets the most posts in a long time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Deeman3
08-27-2007, 11:47 AM
Dick,

Are Walmarts divided up into sections like hardware, clothing or are they in one big room? Do all the items get checked out at one group of registers or do they have them elsewhere in the stores? Do people really buy meat and produce in those places?

Gayle in MD
08-27-2007, 11:58 AM
<font color="red">I think those statements are fairly true. None of them lied us into an un-necessary, pre-emptive war, though. And non of them displayed such gross incompetence, and dishonesty. </font color>

In November, 2006, Mike McConnell, who had been working on Intelligence issues in the private sectar since resigning from the NSA in 96, was asked to consider joining the Bush administration as the nations top intelligence official. He said he was honored to be asked, but had serious reservations. He had been unimpressed with many aspects of the Bush administration and it's conduct in the War on Terror, particularly what he considered to be a political use of intelligence in the lead up to the war.

"All of these current players - the President, Cheney - Rumsfeld - what's come to me as a citizen, I'm no longer on active duty, so I can say these things, they first and foremost had very strong political convictions. My sense of it, their political faith and convictions influenced how they took information, and interpreted it, how they picked up and interpreted outside events. As a former intelligence pro, when you don't like the answers, and you set up your own thing, you tend to get the answers you want. You hire people who think like you do, or want to satisfy the boss. I've read much more about the current set of players and they did set up a whole new interpretation because they didn't like the answers. They've gotten results, that in my view, now have been disasterous."

This is Bush's War, and has not, acccording to the NIE, served our interests, in diminishing terrorism, or protecting our country from more attacks in the future. Republicans, prevented any oversight, during those critical first three years, which could have atleast provided an opportunity to reduce the disasterous results of an insane policy, which we now face.

When virtually every single expert, other than Richard Kagan, of course, from the American Enterprise Institute, that vast corporate, fascist organization, maintains, for over two years now, that we have no good options, it is time to cut our losses, and change course, rather than to further weaken our country by continuing to bury us in debt, lose more American lives, destroy our army, and the strength of our own homeland forces which should be here on our shores to protect us in the coming attack.

jm2c

G.

wolfdancer
08-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Dick, on a comparative level, K-Mart's cashiers, make Wal-Mart's look really good....
i still find it hard to believe, giving the unchallenged growth of WM....that years ago A&amp;P markets (the Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company) was sued as a monopoly...their biggest sin...undercutting the prices of the competition

hondo
08-27-2007, 02:35 PM

Don't you find it funny that your thread is getting tons of replies. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif A thread about not posting often gets the most posts in a long time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Very true, but I can't figure out what half these people
are talking about?????????

hondo
08-27-2007, 02:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> Dick,

Are Walmarts divided up into sections like hardware, clothing or are they in one big room? Do all the items get checked out at one group of registers or do they have them elsewhere in the stores? Do people really buy meat and produce in those places? <hr /></blockquote>

The other day I picked up a pomegranite, a flat head
screw driver, and a Speedo and paid at one regester.
Gotta love that Walmart. The screw driver and the
Speedo were made in China. Not sure about the
pomegranite.

pooltchr
08-27-2007, 03:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> That is slower that waiting in a checkout line at Wal Mart.
.#### <hr /></blockquote>

I'm really shocked that you would know how slow the checkout lines are at Wal Mart. Do you actually go there and support those nasty child abusing, corporate facists who only want to make money and drive every other company in the country out of business????????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Steve

Deeman3
08-27-2007, 03:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> That is slower that waiting in a checkout line at Wal Mart.
.#### <hr /></blockquote>

I'm really shocked that you would know how slow the checkout lines are at Wal Mart. Do you actually go there and support those nasty child abusing, corporate facists who only want to make money and drive every other company in the country out of business????????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">My guess, only when it's cheaper? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>