PDA

View Full Version : The Stench Is Beginning To Subside

Gayle in MD
08-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Already, Beltwey insiders are beginning to notice, since Rove left town, (given a hero's send off, hellicpoter and all,) that the air in Washington is losing some of it's stench like odor, and the sky is interestingly a true blue, not seen for many years, over six, to be exact.

I'm sure Rove will also be given the Medal Of Freedom, Bush's standard award for lies and incompetence, but not till January, just before leaving Washington DC, no doubt, for a reunion with all his partners in sin back at the ranch.

A good article follows, offering an excellent example of how people like Karl Rove, (And I'd add Ronald Reagan) inherit such unrecognizable accolades after screwing up just about everything.

By John Whitesides, Political Correspondent

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The resignation of Karl Rove, architect of President George W. Bush's election triumphs and a crucial behind-the-scenes policy guru, is the latest sign of the White House's diminished agenda and shattered dreams of a Republican super-majority, analysts said.

Rove, the last and most prominent of Bush's inner circle of Texas advisers to quit the administration, leaves a lame-duck president suffering from low approval ratings, an unpopular war in Iraq and public rejection in the 2006 elections.

With Democrats in control of Congress and brimming with optimism about the 2008 White House race, Rove's talk of a lasting and historic shift to Republican dominance seems long ago.

"This closes the chapter where George Bush and Karl Rove thought they were building a new Republican majority that would last a generation. That is clearly off the table," said Cal Jillson, a political analyst at Southern Methodist University in Dallas.

Bush's top domestic priorities -- overhauls of Social Security and immigration -- are dead in Congress, leaving the administration scrambling in its final 17 months to save his first-term tax cuts, blunt Democratic spending priorities and salvage the war in Iraq.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=politicsNews&storyid=2007-08-13T194612Z_01_LAU370657_RTRUKOC_0_US-POLITICS-ROVE-DEPARTURE.xml

/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

wolfdancer
08-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Did anybody see Rove giving GWB...the
bacio della morte?
When the ship is sinking...the rats are the first to leave....
By the time elections roll around....the entire RNP will disavow GWB......he'll be a political non-person

Drop1
08-14-2007, 07:45 PM
The so called "Insiders," called Rove the "Brains of Bush". I wonder how soon Rice will leave,or will she stay the course.

Deeman3
08-15-2007, 01:53 AM
Say what you will about Rove but he's got a pretty good track record in elections. The far left should be sending prayers (if they prayed)that he is not taking on someone else's campaign. He has demonstrated he is a man among children in political strategy like him or not. I don't beleive there's any campaign manager out there you'd want to buy a used car from.

Gayle in MD
08-15-2007, 07:51 AM
I think she'll probably stay. Just a guess, though. Atleast now she does know what alQaeda is. Guess she has learned something, anyway.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
08-15-2007, 08:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Say what you will about Rove but he's got a pretty good track record in elections. <font color="red">Hmmm, didn't help him much in the last one. </font color> The far left should be sending prayers (if they prayed, <font color="red">kind of a Coulter-style, low blow, don'tcha think? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif </font color> )that he is not taking on someone else's campaign. <font color="red">I'm sure he will, with the same disasterous results as the last time he was running things. </font color> He has demonstrated he is a man among children <font color="red">And among chickens, too... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif </font color> in political strategy like him or not. I don't beleive there's any campaign manager out there you'd want to buy a used car from. As I understand the reports, Hillary's campaign is being lauded as one of the most organized and impressive on record. I'd say she can handle Rove just fine. He is a turd blossom, you know, only this time there's no sign of a blossom on the turd, that just leave a big pile of you know what. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">And we've surely seen what happens when a Political advisor is set loose to propagandize a war. I think this administration has given us an all too painful example of the disasterous results which follows when an Administration takes over Washington as complete partisans, rather than being an administration of the people. Mistake number one, they threw out all the expertise, and intelligence that had been accumulated on alQaeda, and bin Laden. It was deemed tainted for having been developed by a Democratic Administration, hence, the opportunity to thwart 9/11, was thrown out right along with it. All the dire wranings, ignored. This is what happens when an administration comes into office with a hidden, secret agenda, that is out of date, and illogical. Anachronistic decisions follow. Thwarting terrorist attacks and protecting the country, is labeled swatting at flies, and people go into the wrong war, without the Army they want, instead of building the army they should have before they go off half cocked, and then blame others for their poor judgement, the same others they refused to listen to in the first place. This incompetence is then followed by firing everyone that tries to clue them in on their disasterous miscalculations along the way, until they reach the point where there are no good options available. Even The Wizard Of Oz, couldn't propagandize his way out of this mess.

Gayle in Md.</font color>

eg8r
08-15-2007, 08:36 AM
You are absolutely correct. After seeing how the now-in-control left has been handling things, I would not be surprised to see if someone on the left tries to grab Rove themselves. We already know what Gayle's defense would be, "Hey W used him all those years and our guy has not done near the bad things W has".

The looney left is done praying, their prayers have been answered. Rove is gone and now they actually think they have a chance at winning the Presidential election. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

wolfdancer
08-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Gayle, speaking of stench, you should try avoiding reading and especially responding to the malodorous postings of a certain member here.
I have a theory that it is not actually him writing that crap.
Using deductive reasoning....the posts are made during the normal work day hours....an avowed Christian would not be cheating his employer, by taking paid time out to post here.
then figure in the flawed logic, and failure to address the real issues.....
No, I'm pretty sure it's some 4th grade writing project, that's submitting the posts...maybe even a special ed class....hey "special Ed"....is that a pun????

wolfdancer
08-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Say, wasn't there another top Republican recently...that was charged with being a man among Children???

Gayle in MD
08-21-2007, 09:27 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
[ QUOTE ]
hey "special Ed"....is that a pun????
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">Did you leave out the "k"? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif </font color>