PDA

View Full Version : plz help..

bubbachuck
08-16-2007, 09:34 PM
i was playin on my friends table and his billiard balls seemed a little dirty so i was cleaning them with this le manifik ball cleaner and polisher and i got some of it on the table felt and at first i thought it would just go away but its still there and it looks like its gonna stain... my friends dad loves his pool table and hes out of town for a couple of days but i gotta make sure i get it out before he gets bak.. any easy way to take stains off felt or do u think that itll just go away(its only been about 4 hours since it happened) plz help

Rich R.
08-17-2007, 12:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bubbachuck:</font><hr> i was playin on my friends table and his billiard balls seemed a little dirty so i was cleaning them with this le manifik ball cleaner and polisher and i got some of it on the table felt and at first i thought it would just go away but its still there and it looks like its gonna stain... my friends dad loves his pool table and hes out of town for a couple of days but i gotta make sure i get it out before he gets bak.. any easy way to take stains off felt or do u think that itll just go away(its only been about 4 hours since it happened) plz help <hr /></blockquote>First of all, anything you do can easily make the stain worse, so beware of trying anything I suggest.

The first thing I would try is some simple soap and water, in small amounts. This could work, but it could also spread the stain.

The second thing I would try is some mineral spirits, again in small amounts. You would also have to follow this with some soap and water.

You could also try one of those quick cleaning pens or wipes, put out by Shout, Clorox, etc. They are made for small cleaning projects in emergencies.

What you may want to do, before you try anything, is contact the best professional laundry, in your town. Explain your situation and ask if they could suggest anything. Be sure to tell them that the cloth is worsted wool, not felt.

Good luck.

dave666
08-17-2007, 11:58 AM
did that myself once . the best way i know is to use a little soap and water in a pail. slowly wipe down the entire table . you may have to repeat several times. if you only try to clean the stain it will get bigger and bigger and will hold any chalk and hand oils it gets on it. always clean the entire table, not just a part of it. good luck.

Deeman3
08-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Good answers but stay away form the shout pen as it has bleach in it. I ruined a shirt just about the color of my cloth in trying to make a small speck go away, had it become a large lighter spoy. The speck was much less noticible before the treatment.

Soap and water and hope the guy has poor eyesight and memory. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

BigRigTom
08-17-2007, 12:50 PM
This will probably fly in the face of some but I know it has worked for me on carpet.
Windex!

That's what I said Windex!
I have 2 golden retrievers (one is a female pup not quite a year old) and wall to wall carpet...need I say more. We had pet stains all Thu our house and I have had the carpet professionally cleaned several times but the stains keep coming back.

About a month ago we had a sales call from the Kirby Vacuum company (not the 1st time either). The sales girl offered to clean a room free if I would let them demonstrate the Kirby, I showed her my family room and introduce her to Max and Tara (the goldens). She says NO PROBLEM!
The salesman came in and proceeded to demonstrate and like I said I had seen it before and I'm wondering how long he will spend on the spots.
He asked me if I had windex in a spray bottle so I run to the garage and bring it to him.
He sprays the windex lightly over the spots then waited about a minute and rubbed the spot with his foot (wearing gym shoes) and almost like magic the spot was gone. He then vacuumed and the carpet looked almost brand new! He says it is something about the ammonia content.

MAN!
I WAS IMPRESSED, I am 56 years old and have used windex all my adult life but no one has ever told me that it works like that on pet stains.

I have not used it on the pool table cloth so be careful but I know I would try it if I were in your shoes.

O Yes,
I bought that damned Kirby too!
It is great but I don't think it is quite worth the price.

Deeman3
08-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Tom,

Thanks for this tip. I hve a stain under my table that nothing has helped and I'll try windex.

Sid_Vicious
08-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Windex has ammonia so I might wonder about the bleaching. jm2c...sid

Please let me know exactly what the stains appear as now,,,are they fade(bleach-like marks?) I may have the blending idea to smooth things out if so. Don't make matters worse by trying "anything."