PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER ONE POCKET SHOT

Troy
07-26-2002, 11:19 AM
Hete's another terific 1-Pocket shot I learned yesterday. The 14-Ball goes into Pocket "A" with fair shape on eith the 1 or 5. (Ignore the other balls, I'm too lazy to move them off the table).

START(
%AJ0[0%BL7P8%CJ5O4%DL7N1%EH8[0%FK6P1%GK6N8%HM7N8%IL7O4%JK6M5
%KJ5P7%LJ5N2%MK6Q4%NG5Z5%OJ5M0%PC9Z2%QB1[4%WD6[4%XF8Z8%YE8Z1
%ZD7Z2%eC9a5
)END

Troy

Paul_Mon
07-26-2002, 11:28 AM
Troy,
Are you saying that the 14 goes to the rail and then caroms off of the cue ball back into the pocket?

Paul

Chris Cass
07-26-2002, 11:49 AM
Hi Troy,

Yes, that shot is the nutz. Now, if the balls landed that way I can shoot it.

Great post,

C.C.~~looking for ways to tic the balls to get that shot set up in play...

Troy
07-26-2002, 12:09 PM
No Paul, the 14 comes back into the pocket while the CB goes downtable to about the center diamond on the far end rail and comes back toward pocket "A".

Troy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Paul_Mon:</font><hr> Troy,
Are you saying that the 14 goes to the rail and then caroms off of the cue ball back into the pocket?

Paul <hr></blockquote>

Chris Cass
07-26-2002, 12:13 PM
Hi Paul,

Actually, the 14 doesn't hit the rail. Because the 14 is frozen to the 5 ball. The right english pushes the 14 to the side and the 5 ball crushes the rail and with no place to go because of the 1 ball being frozen to it. Acts like a wall and as the 5 ball rebounds off the rail. It throws the 14 straight into the pocket. Cool shot, you have to remember to carefully check out the position of the 14 though. You may send it towards your opponents pocket. I tried it and made it with ease. The games all touch anyway.

Regards,

C.C.~~great seeing you post again Paul....

Paul_Mon
07-26-2002, 12:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Troy:</font><hr> No Paul, the 14 comes back into the pocket while the CB goes downtable to about the center diamond on the far end rail and comes back toward pocket "A".

Troy

Ok Troy. I can't see how it goes but I'll set it up and try it when I get home.

Paul

bluewolf
07-26-2002, 12:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Troy:</font><hr> Hete's another terific 1-Pocket shot I learned yesterday. The 14-Ball goes into Pocket "A" with fair shape on eith the 1 or 5. (Ignore the other balls, I'm too lazy to move them off the table).

i love one pocket. i cannot play it yet until i get more skilled at english and bankshots but when i get to be a good player, i look forward to playing it. in the meantime, there is nothing as wonderful as watching a really good one pocket player.

bluewolf

07-26-2002, 01:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Paul,

Actually, the 14 doesn't hit the rail. Because the 14 is frozen to the 5 ball. The right english pushes the 14 to the side and the 5 ball crushes the rail and with no place to go because of the 1 ball being frozen to it. Acts like a wall and as the 5 ball rebounds off the rail. It throws the 14 straight into the pocket. Cool shot, you have to remember to carefully check out the position of the 14 though. You may send it towards your opponents pocket.]

Chris,
I just tried this shot over 40 times and only made it in pocket "A" once. At what approximate angle is the centerlines of the 14 and 5 ball and how thin is the hit on the 14. I had it set from 15 degrees to about 45 degrees (from the side rail) and made it in the opposite corner pocket more than a few times.

Paul

Troy
07-26-2002, 02:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Paul_Mon:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Troy:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; No Paul, the 14 comes back into the pocket while the CB goes downtable to about the center diamond on the far end rail and comes back toward pocket "A".

Troy

Ok Troy. I can't see how it goes but I'll set it up and try it when I get home.

Paul <hr></blockquote>

Maybe it would make more sense if my WEI CB had Top plus LOTS of Right along with a very thin cut. The Top transfers
to draw on the 14-Ball.

Today I can't get the CB to hit the end rail any closer to the center diamond than maybe the first diamond in from the opposite corner.

Troy

bluewolf
07-26-2002, 03:03 PM
should i wait until i can bank really good or should i just start playing it and get good at banking as i go. something about this game just calls my name.

bluewolf

Chris Cass
07-26-2002, 03:04 PM
Hi Paul,

I see where you might not get the desired results. First, I set up the 5 against the rail frozen to the center of the 1st diamond on the side rail. Next, freeze the 1 ball to the 5. Then, freeze the 14 to the 5 ball, to where if your looking at the 14 from the head rail, the 5 ball's right side outer edge would intersect the 14's middle exact. Then, place the cb on the tit of the end rail.

Caution, the speed of this shot is crucial. It can send the cb 3 rails into your opponents pocket. The 1 ball might leave for the bank and the 5 might lay center table behind the foot spot. It's a go-for shot if your down a few but it opens a possibility to see the advantages on other possible plays later. I always enjoy Troys posts on 1-p. They'll open one's imagination.

Regards,

C.C.~~got to hook up with Troy and play some one hole.

Tom_In_Cincy
07-26-2002, 03:05 PM
Another shot for One Pocket players. Most players would attempt to bank this shot..

But, with center, aim to hit the one ball full for an intentional double hit, at medium speed (about the same speed as a lag shot)
The One ball double kisses and goes towards the corner pocket at pocket speed. while the cue ball remains in the kitchen area.. BTW... the one ball must be frozen to the rail

START(
%A_8C9%Pc2T4%U`1E7%Vc0S7%YF5Y0%Z_1D4

)END

Troy
07-26-2002, 06:32 PM
Well B'wolf, it couldn't hurt to learn the game. I think 1-Pocket can develop great skills for other games, such as cueball control, defense, strategy, etc. For now, let the banking skills come later.

Troy...~~~ Needs weight from CC though..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr> should i wait until i can bank really good or should i just start playing it and get good at banking as i go. something about this game just calls my name.

bluewolf <hr></blockquote>

Troy
07-26-2002, 07:06 PM
Interesting Tom. I'm not sure I'd want to try it since I think double kisses are notoriously difficult to plan and control. Although I have done a double kiss on a take out shot, sometimes even by design..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Troy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Another shot for One Pocket players. Most players would attempt to bank this shot..

But, with center, aim to hit the one ball full for an intentional double hit, at medium speed (about the same speed as a lag shot)
The One ball double kisses and goes towards the corner pocket at pocket speed. while the cue ball remains in the kitchen area.. BTW... the one ball must be frozen to the rail

START(
%A_8C9%Pc2T4%U`1E7%Vc0S7%YF5Y0%Z_1D4

)END

<hr></blockquote>

Rod
07-26-2002, 07:23 PM
Troy, learn how to hit it and its fairly predictable. The one can be moved well past the side with the c/b straight across and double kiss it in. The c/b is in control. The one ball doesn't have to be frozen but pretty close.

Paul_Mon
07-26-2002, 08:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Paul,

I see where you might not get the desired results. First, I set up the 5 against the rail frozen to the center of the 1st diamond on the side rail. Next, freeze the 1 ball to the 5. Then, freeze the 14 to the 5 ball, to where if your looking at the 14 from the head rail, the 5 ball's right side outer edge would intersect the 14's middle exact. Then, place the cb on the tit of the end rail.

Caution, the speed of this shot is crucial. It can send the cb 3 rails into your opponents pocket. The 1 ball might leave for the bank and the 5 might lay center table behind the foot spot. It's a go-for shot if your down a few but it opens a possibility to see the advantages on other possible plays later. I always enjoy Troys posts on 1-p. They'll open one's imagination.

Regards,

C.C.~~got to hook up with Troy and play some one hole. <hr></blockquote>

Thanks Chris. I'll set it up again and let you know

Paul