PDA

View Full Version : Straight cue angle

pistol
08-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Could someone please explain to me how to develop a straight cue angle. I find there are times that I do not have my bridge arm straight out in front of me, which creates an unwanted angle with a missed shot. My misses are to the left of pocket. I shoot left handed. Thank you

Koenig
08-20-2007, 12:25 AM
If you want a straighter arm, grip further back on the butt of the cue. It will take a week or two before it will feel natural. You don´t need a longer bridge, but if you´re changing tech and have a short one you might try it.

A straght stroke is impossible without a straight backswing. Try it.

Koenig
08-20-2007, 12:32 AM
It sounds like your backswing goes away from your body instead of straight back. Ie elbow coming out on the follow-through.

Have a good teacher/player look at your stroke. And contact an instructor.

Rich R.
08-20-2007, 06:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pistol:</font><hr> Could someone please explain to me how to develop a straight cue angle. I find there are times that I do not have my bridge arm straight out in front of me, which creates an unwanted angle with a missed shot. My misses are to the left of pocket. I shoot left handed. Thank you <hr /></blockquote>I suspect you are having alignment problems with your body and arm. I suggest you get an hour or two of instruction, from a certified instructor, and it will help you avoid a lot of bad habits.