PDA

View Full Version : Guiliani

Gayle in MD
08-23-2007, 01:11 PM
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1655262,00.html
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

eg8r
08-23-2007, 01:18 PM
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1655262,00.html Fixed URL.

eg8r

DickLeonard
08-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Eg8r I got back from Boston late FFriday night stop at the corner bar/rest to get something to eat/drink. Two cops were setting at the bar praising Rudy on how he cleaned up New York. I said yeah he took a town with 30,000 cops and drove the criminals into towns with no police force to control the murderers/drug dealers.

They went from praising Rudi to realizing the problem he gave them. We never think of it like that we just say he cleaned up New York City.####

Vapros
08-23-2007, 02:04 PM
What in the world is your point, DL?

eg8r
08-23-2007, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They went from praising Rudi to realizing the problem he gave them. We never think of it like that we just say he cleaned up New York City.#### <hr /></blockquote> Yes, I am sure you just changed their minds right there on the spot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I guess your point is that he should have just left the crime in NYC since the surrounding areas could not handle it. You surely don't think anyone will ever remove crime do you?

eg8r

DickLeonard
08-24-2007, 06:48 AM
Vapros my point is he didn't solve the crime problem he just spread it around to towns that can't handle the problem.

Small towns aren't use to having witnesses murdered because they are going to testify against drug dealers. It is a whole new World that Rudy gave them.####

Vapros
08-24-2007, 08:31 AM
I don't think anyone has claimed that Giuliani cleaned up the whole country. He cleaned up the city that was his responsibility. When the bad guys hit the city limits, Rudy had done his job. When your wife orders you to cut the grass, she does not expect you to mow the entire housing project. See what I mean?

moblsv
08-24-2007, 08:41 AM
I'm not too concerned about Guiliani. His supporters would have to crawl out from under their beds, pull their thumbs out of the mouths and go out into the scary world where terrorists might get them in order to vote for him.

Gayle in MD
08-24-2007, 09:00 AM
LOL, well, I dare say, the term which was so overly stated against Democrats,... "Flip-Flop" is certainly much more applicable when applied to all of the Republican frontrunners of this presidential election, then was appropriate terminology during the last one.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
08-24-2007, 09:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> LOL, well, I dare say, the term which was so overly stated against Democrats,... "Flip-Flop" is certainly much more applicable when applied to all of the Republican frontrunners of this presidential election, then was appropriate terminology during the last one.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> We have to agree here. All the candidates I see are pandering and flip flopping so much they look like a spilled fish bowl.</font color>

Gayle in MD
08-24-2007, 10:02 AM
LMAO! Too funny Deeman. Hilarious visual! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in Md.

nAz
08-24-2007, 10:49 AM
Guiliani was not a bad Mayor, the city upper and middle class did better with him around. and i think that was mostly due to him having the the right people in place to help run the city and of course taking the gloves off the NYPD and letting them crack heads, sometimes that is the best way to cut crime.?
as for his 9/11 leadership lets me just quote public enemy's chuck d, flavor flav, terminator x "Don't believe the hype"

as a prosecutor /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif well he did put a way a few mobsters and of course it was all hyped up. but as i remember it most of them were released when their convictions were over turned.

wolfdancer
08-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Dick, While Rudy may think of himself as a Tom Dewey, or Vincent Bugliosi....truth is...for all his crime busting, he won't carry NYC, or NY in an election.
I think he now has zero credibility after his "I was there at ground zero" speech.

eg8r
08-24-2007, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Guiliani was not a bad Mayor, the city upper and middle class did better with him around. and i think that was mostly due to him having the the right people in place to help run the city and of course taking the gloves off the NYPD and letting them crack heads, sometimes that is the best way to cut crime.? <hr /></blockquote> Your opinion and #### is differing. You say he cut crime and #### says he bused it to the surrounding cities.

eg8r

wolfdancer
08-25-2007, 12:42 AM
and didn't he read the Sunday comics to the kids over the radio...during the newspaper strike....
no..wait...I got that mixed up...it was Bush read the funnies to the kids during 9/11