PDA

View Full Version : loosing your religon.

nAz
08-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Mother Teresa's Crisis of Faith...

man i feel so sad for her. I personally have so much respect for her and the way she cared about the poor in this world. the hell she had to go through knowing (I assume) in her heart that there is no god. strange I consider myself an agnostic even though i help out at the local church from time to time and here we have this representative of god and it turns out that she was an Atheist. anyway it's a good article...

web page (http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1655415-1,00.html)

" Lord, my God, who am I that You should forsake me? The Child of your Love and now become as the most hated one the one You have thrown away as unwanted unloved. I call, I cling, I want and there is no One to answer no One on Whom I can cling no, No One. Alone ... Where is my Faith even deep down right in there is nothing, but emptiness & darkness My God how painful is this unknown pain I have no Faith I dare not utter the words & thoughts that crowd in my heart & make me suffer untold agony.

So many unanswered questions live within me afraid to uncover them because of the blasphemy If there be God please forgive me When I try to raise my thoughts to Heaven there is such convicting emptiness that those very thoughts return like sharp knives & hurt my very soul. I am told God loves me and yet the reality of darkness & coldness & emptiness is so great that nothing touches my soul. Did I make a mistake in surrendering blindly to the Call of the Sacred Heart?"
addressed to Jesus, at the suggestion of a confessor, undated

wolfdancer
08-24-2007, 12:01 PM
nAz, i am an ordained Minister in the Universal Life Church
which set me back $35....
For a small donation to my ministry, I can help you restore your faith...I can work wonders for those that care to tithe.
Think of me in spiritual terms as the symbolic love child of Ghandi and Mother Theresa.....

Gayle in MD
08-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Naz, You know what,... you're a great guy, and a fine man. I think the world of you.

Love,
Gayle,
Mother Theresa is one of my heros, also, along with Princess Diana, and Helen Thomas.

Deeman3
08-24-2007, 12:53 PM
I think everyone has crisis of faith. Many won't admit it but she asked that these letters be destroyed. As much good as she did, her personal thoughts and conflicts should be left alone. She was still a great person and did more than most of us could ever dream of to help poor and sick people. I believe she is in heaven right now, despite any of her second thoughts.

wolfdancer
08-24-2007, 12:53 PM
is "loosing" the past perfect tense of "losing"

wolfdancer
08-24-2007, 01:09 PM
And I believe that you are right.
After a lifetime of working with the poor and the sick....it would be hard not to question how a merciful God could allow such despair. I leave that for the theologians to debate.
Faith is believing, without proof, that there is a God, and there is a hereafter
I just hope there's a little wiggle room to qualify, and that leftists are allowed....

Gayle in MD
08-24-2007, 01:54 PM
You're safe, Jesus was a liberal. WE get a bye! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Why can't people just mind their own business, instead of trying to dictate their religious beliefs of right and wrong, to all others, and their beliefs of God, to others? Just let people believe what they wish, do as they wish, and be whom they are? This, I will never understand. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif And why is it always those who claim to be God Fearing, (Whatever that is supposed to mean)
who are casting all the judgements, and ranting and raving about gays, other people's private sex lives, and women's private decisions about their own bodies?

It didn't matter to Mother Theresa, whether there was a God, or not. What mattered was how she lived her life. She is a very good example of why one does not have to believe in a God at all, in order to live a spiritual life of goodness, and kindness. The only answers, are the ones we make.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
08-24-2007, 02:53 PM
One nice thing about personal faith is that you own it yourself. Anyone who tells you they have the secret is suspect in my book right away. I don't value you by your belief as long as you are not out to harm me or my family or tell me what to beleive. I wish you felt the same as me but that's about the limit of my intrusion into your life and I do we have a purpose in this life and that what we do matters beyond this life. In a way, if I did not, none of you would be safe. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Jesus might have been a liberal but I don't have the strength to turn the other cheek as well. I'm working on that.

wolfdancer
08-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Jesus might have been a liberal
you're slowly coming around...I believe there is hope for you yet. renounce the evil right (false prophets et al), and come join our liberal party...after all if we can claim God as a former member.....

Deeman3
08-24-2007, 03:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Jesus might have been a liberal
you're slowly coming around...I believe there is hope for you yet. renounce the evil right (false prophets et al), and come join our liberal party...after all if we can claim God as a former member..... <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> You keep those damn pods away from me....OOOOH, Donuts..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>

Gayle in MD
08-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Deeman,
I do feel the same as you, in that I don't judge people according to what they believe in, just don't want them trying to dictate to me, or my country, according to their personal religious beliefs. Isn't that what you are also saying?

I grew up Catholic, and went to Catholic school. I've seen lots of the good, and the bad, that comes along with religion. I'm the kind of person that gets very frustrated about things that I can't get to the bottom of, and I think that is why this story about the good sister, hit something inside me, and touches my heart. I suppose I have created my own personal religion, over the course of my life. I believe that one can make a personal struggle, to become a better human being, reach out to those who are suffering, emotionally, or otherwise, vow to forgive others, our trespassers, if you will, and basically be determined not to leave any injuries, or strife, in our wake, regardless of whether we buy the whole afterlife story, or not, it's all only about what we do, IMO. "Take what you want, and pay for it," said God.

However, (LOL,...I can just hear you saying, Uh Oh, here we go...) /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif most clergy make me want to just jump up in their face, and...well, you can guess! And especially, Jerry Falwell types! And that documentary on CNN, God's Warriors, made me absolutely furious!

But hey, I'll just bet you that when you watch it, it's going to make you mad, too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Later,
Gayle