PDA

View Full Version : what am i doing wrong

eat_sleep_pool
08-25-2007, 01:46 PM
so for a while i have been doing this, and i jsut thought how to ask, im right handed, and when get down very low to shoot a shot, i sometimes hit with my hand just below my right pec' what am i doing wrong here,

scaramouche
08-25-2007, 03:56 PM
Nothing wrong, everything right, except that you do not do it on every shot. Develop a repeatable shot.

pooltchr
08-25-2007, 04:13 PM
With the standard pendulim stroke, your grip hand should come to rest at or very near your pec, depending on body size and arm length. We call this the "home" position, and with a properly developed stroke, your grip hand should end up at home after every shot.
Steve

Fran Crimi
08-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Have somebody stand behind you when you shoot to look at your arm. Ask them if it hangs straight down or if it looks a little slanted like this:

////

sort of tucked under you. Maybe you can have them take a digital photo so you can see it.

Write back with what you find out.

Fran

1Time
09-15-2007, 07:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eat_sleep_pool:</font><hr> so for a while i have been doing this, and i jsut thought how to ask, im right handed, and when get down very low to shoot a shot, i sometimes hit with my hand just below my right pec' what am i doing wrong here, <hr /></blockquote>

You're too low. Your body should not interfere with your stroke. Adopt a more upright stance.

randyg
09-15-2007, 07:15 AM
If he hits his "pec" then his stroke should be complete. That's a Urban Myth about hitting your body. Read what Pooltchr has to say....SPF=randyg

randyg
09-15-2007, 07:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eat_sleep_pool:</font><hr> so for a while i have been doing this, and i jsut thought how to ask, im right handed, and when get down very low to shoot a shot, i sometimes hit with my hand just below my right pec' what am i doing wrong here, <hr /></blockquote>

You might be right.....SPF=randyg

Cornerman
09-15-2007, 07:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eat_sleep_pool:</font><hr> so for a while i have been doing this, and i jsut thought how to ask, im right handed, and when get down very low to shoot a shot, i sometimes hit with my hand just below my right pec' what am i doing wrong here, <hr /></blockquote>If you've already hit the cueball, and it's gone, then you're doing everything right. If you haven't yet hit the cueball when you hit your pec, I might suggest you get closer to the cueball, but you'd have to be about 2 feet away fom it (bridge length)to begin with if you've hit your pec. first.

Fred