PDA

View Full Version : Toot Toot Tootsi

Gayle in MD
08-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Good Riddance Gonzo!

Six down, Two to go!

This is a good day for all those former AG's who were axed for refusing to be a political tool for the Republican Party, and George Bush!

I hear he's looking for a Loyal Cheneyite, as a replacement!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Maybe he'll bring back Rummy :confuse

G.

moblsv
08-27-2007, 10:41 AM
And the lead story on CNN is.....

Michael Vick

wolfdancer
08-27-2007, 10:41 AM
In their recent history of arrogance and corruption, the right has had both a President and a VP resign in disgrace, and add a Defense Sect. to that cesspool
And now, an Attorney General??? wasn't he supposed to protect us from the other crooks?

wolfdancer
08-27-2007, 10:45 AM
...these are the dog days of summer....

Gayle in MD
08-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Did you see the President's statement about the resignation? Unbelievable! Poor Gonzo, was the victim of political mud slinging. LMAO! I'm sure no Democrat has ever had to endure that from the Republicans. Addording to Bush, one of Gonzales's attributes was placing AG's in important Federal AG positions! He left out, Important for the next Republican election fraud, LOL.

Gonzales and Rove had to get out of dodge, to try to escape criminal charges. The evidence must have been pretty damn good, huh?

Accountability, for law breaking, is now Political mud slinging.

So now, we have the Geico Gecho, aka, the incompetent head of HLS, Chertoff, in his place! How relieving! Wonder who's going to take his place at HLS? Couldn't get any worse than Chertoff, that's for sure, especially since we're supposed to be awaiting the next attack from bin Laden, remember him?

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
08-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Kind of makes you worry about what they're trying to distract us from, other than the obvious illegal attempt to discredit Democrats by removing people who wouldn't go along with their politicising the entire DOJ. The Bushspin is amazing. According to him, the high morale at the DOJ is on his list of Gonzales's great achievements! OMG, everyone knows the AG's morale has reportedly been in the toilet due to Gonzales destroying the reputations of all those AG's who were refusing to play ball with Bush, Rove and Meyers. This bunch is worse than Nixon's Mitchell. Mitchell didn't try to destroy the Constitution, he was just a two bit criminal, involved in burglary and embezzlement of campaign funds for illegal purposes. That's petty crime compared to this bunch!

Gayle in Md. We may be a bit safer with Chertoff screwing up at DOJ, than at HLS!

wolfdancer
08-27-2007, 11:22 AM
I haven't seen the news yet....but say it ain't so..
"Chertoff is the new AG"
I'm starting a grass roots campaign to bring back Gonzales !!!
I'll take crooked competence over crooked incompetence any day...

eg8r
08-27-2007, 11:28 AM
It is a sad day that Vick is leading the headlines.

eg8r

Deeman3
08-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Actually, in my view which I know you all respect, /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif, one of the main issues I have with Bush's appointments is competency, not especially political moves. One of the basics he has failed us on is appointing people who do not have the basic knowledge to do the job they were selected for. I know, you all have pointed that out but mostly as an adjunct to your scathing political hate of Bush and the his perceived wrongdoings.

Many of you may feel he made mistake appointing an Hispanic when there were plenty of unemployed white males out there who could screw up the job just as well.

I just wish he had, first appointed someone with the credentials to manage the department, garner that agency's support internally and do the necessary political firings that all do in a more open and transparent manner. He, by the nature of politics, should be a Bush insider but not one that is mearly competent at defending the president but explaining and clarifying his actions on the national scale. that's waht made him appear and be, incompetent. Kennedy appointed his brother. for goodness sake, so insider and defender of the president is not the issue, it should be honestly but you can throw a rock a long way without hitting an honest politician in Washington these days.

All this being said, Gonzalles was still more popular than the legislative branch of our government! Is that not a hoot? What does that say about our confiednce in any of ouor representatives?

Will Hillary restore any faith in our government? She could go a long way by making appointments based on skill and need. We all know this won't happen with any administration but I admit, Bush has set a record.

SKennedy
08-27-2007, 11:58 AM
I think we are all sick of "politics as usual!" Things will not change until we get the best and brightest to decide to run for office for the proper reasons (to serve our country, not themselves). Unfortunately, I think there are those who start with the best intentions, but get caught up in something much bigger than themselves. When your actions and voting is not about doing what's best for your country (even if that opinion is different than others), but only about being re-elected, then something is wrong. One of the things that's wrong is that our elected have too many perks, etc. that make it all about staying long enough to obtain more power and getting that wonderful retirement we all wish we had. We need to reduce their pay, reduce their perks, and make their retirement based upon SS like the rest of us. I'd like to see term limits, but that only works if it applies across the board.

wolfdancer
08-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Dee, love Bush or hate him...but the man has set some kind of record for appointing people that proved unsuitable for the job.
While Jack may have taken nepotism to it's zenith...I believe Bobby would have been an even better President than Jack.
Here's an interesting (?) site by a Republican...his take on people he had met during his long career. I haven't read much of it yet....but he didn't like Kennedy, hated Johnson...didn't like Nixon...I think he did like Hubert Humphrey,which is how I found the site Googling Humphrey...

web page (http://www.parida.com/people.html#anchor58485)

Gayle in MD
08-27-2007, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think there are those who start with the best intentions, but get caught up in something much bigger than themselves. <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, it's called greed. I don't think we'll ever clean up government until we have publicly financed elections, and more sunshine laws, monitored by the citizenry.

The bad thing about this administration is that they were preceded by a group of Republicans on the HIll, who were on a witch hunt over personal, private issues, against Clinton, which had formally been off limits, to gentlemen in the press, for both Republican and Democratic Presidents, for generations. Non of which, btw, threatened our national security, but nevertheless, were prosecuted non stop.

They then followed up their obcessive dirt digging by giving a complete blank check to outrageous and unprecedented illegal actions, which have ultimately threatened our national security, when their own President got into office.

When one reads the books written by individuals involved in intelligence gathering, (Many of them originally appointed by Republicans) and the determination of gathering threats, made in the years preceeding, and at the outset of alqaeda's birth, and recalls the statements, and actions made by Republicans against Clinton as he attempted to address the growing threat, it is quite clear, IMO, how very foolish Republicans were to distract us away from pressing issues, with the outrageous, non-stop, costly investigations.

Had our country observed an honest, forthright, and competent administration, in the field of foreign affairs, over these past six plus years, we might all have a different slant on how to go forward, IMO, and particularly as regards Iraq, which aside from alQaeda, was our only true threat, not Saddam. IMO, whether our president is Republican, or Democratic, as regards sending the nation into war, or combat operations, such a decision must always include complete honesty regarding the threat. Without it, a President cannot expect to rally the country, or the world, behind his decisions, and particularly when such gross incompetence, and dishonesty, has been displayed.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
08-27-2007, 01:12 PM
You know, as a rightie, I have to say Hubert Humphrey was a very good man with a lot of compassion and I beleive he would have served well as a president during his time in history. The main problem with him would have been paying for his idea of equality, but again, he was fine human being. I think there were, indeed, some very good politicians back then who would stand up, no matter the polls for their beliefs. Now, the whole pack is run by poll numbers. That's o.k for getting elected but a poor way to run a country.

It is strange when, years later, we find most of the leaders were scoundrels anyway. You may be right, Bush may have set a new standard but I bet his record is not safe for long. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
08-27-2007, 01:23 PM
Oh, and more top aides to the President, than any party in history, ie. Nixon, and Bush, (Libby, highest WH official to be convicted of a felony, since the Nixon Administration.)

Hey, where is Wendy when we need her. I've go to look up the latest tally of Republican Convictions. At least, now that Gonzo's gone, we got a shot at getting an accurate tally! I'm glad we got rid of our Republican Governor in Maryland. Hey, what's the opposite of a "Tree Hugger" a smog lover? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SKennedy
08-27-2007, 03:31 PM
President Grant and a few others way back when were actually worse as far as imcompetents they chose. Just like those of us who manage others...people are what make or break you.
Agree about Humphry. I also think Carter is a very nice honest man. But disagree with him on just about everything.
Since I have been old enough to vote, I have always voted, but only once did I ever actually vote for a President. The other times I voted against the other candidate. Again, the best people in this country for the position want nothing to do with the job.
My great-great grandfather was a "significant" politician from Oklahoma, of course that was long ago. My grandfather decided to run for the position of county commissioner here in east Texas during the oil boom days. His grandfather (yes...my great-great grandfather) made a trip to east Texas to beg him to never enter politics and to stay out of it. Told him he would hate to see a good boy go bad, and that if he stayed honest he would not last long and get eat up in the process. Maybe it's the same way now? A grand uncle of mine ran for county commissioner instead of my grandfather and won the election. Again....during the oil boom days. Prior to election he was driving a school bus. When I was old enough to know him, he was not working and hadn't worked for years. I do know that at about the time of his death he was earning interest to the tune of about $30,000/week. My mother claims his family had land in Arkansas where oil was found. Maybe, maybe not? And to answer your question...No...I don't have any of that money.

Qtec
08-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Gonzo has had his nose up GW's ass for a long time now.
The guy has absolutely no scruples and should have bowed out after the first time he said, "I can't recall".
He was a lackey and a yes boy.
He was never fit or qualified to protect the Constitution.
This Admin has a record of appointing totally unqualified and incompetent officials to key jobs- just because they won't make a noise and will support their employers , no mater how ridiculous they may look.
At least these people do it for money.
Nobody is paying YOU to help elect the 'Deception Machine ' aka the RNC , GOP noise machine ,etc etc.
To vote for someone who you know is going to disappoint you is pretty pointless - and thats putting it mildy because I know you are not stupid.
I just don't understand why you would vote for someone who you know is going to FK you?
Q

Q

Gayle in MD
08-27-2007, 11:58 PM
Correction, meant to say Iran and alQaeda, were our only pressing threat...sorry.
G.

Gayle in MD
08-28-2007, 12:55 AM
George Bush comments on Gonzo's resignation...
[ QUOTE ]
"Al Gonzales is a man of integrity, decency and principle. ...After months of unfair treatment that has created a harmful distraction at the Justice Department, Judge Gonzales decided to resign his position and I accept his decision. It's sad that ... his good name was dragged through the mud for political reasons." President Bush.

___

<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">If this idiot ever told the truth about anything, I'd fall over!. First of all, Rove is the master mud slinger of all times. Funny how bush never apologized to Plame, and here he completely turns around the facts, blaming "Months of unfair treatment," the investigation, for the "harmful distraction at the justice department" rather than his own (along with Rove's, Meyer's, and gonzales') illegal activity, and their slandering of the AG's who refused to break the law! IOW, Democrats are responsible for dragging the name of his appointed, incompetent crook through the mud, and investigating his politicizing the entire Department Of Justice, by attampting to use it as a political tool against Democrats! Same o' same ol', Republicans always accuse the Democrats of doing exactly what they, themselves are actually doing.

George Bush makes me sick! No patriot could defend him. He is a stinking blob of denial. Gonzales was nothing but his personal thug. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif What a bunch! They don't compare to any administration in my lifetime. BTW, John Dean is launching his new book, Broken Government: How the Republicans Destroyed The Legislative, Executive and Judicial branches. There are links at this sight which offer a slew of this administration's on-going illegal activities. Gonzo, Cheney, Bush, Rove and Libby, are not out of the woods yet! http://writ.news.findlaw.com/dean/

We also learn that yet another Republican has pleaded guilty to yet another sex scandal, some representative from Idaho, who made the moves on an undercover officer in the men's room at the airport. I swear, it just goes on and on, no end! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif Yet, some here lay it all to politics as usual? I don't think so... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

Gayle in MD
08-28-2007, 01:20 AM
Deeman Writes,
[ QUOTE ]
He, by the nature of politics, should be a Bush insider but not one that is mearly competent at defending the president but explaining and clarifying his actions on the national scale. that's waht made him appear and be, incompetent. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">Sounds like you think Bush just needs to find some other loyal Bushy crooks, that can match their dirty work with the appropriate spin, when put on the spot.

I sometimes wonder how a BJ could have been so overblown by the same people who liken the destruction of our entire Government, to politics as usual. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif </font color>

The following individuals have resigned from the Bush administration amid the furor following last year's firings of nine U.S. attorneys and the perceived politicization of the Justice Department.

Justice Department officials:

Attorney General Alberto Gonzales - Resigned Monday, effective Sept. 17.

Kyle Sampson, Gonzales' chief of staff - Resigned in March.

Monica Goodling, Gonzales' counselor - Resigned in April.

Michael Battle, head of the Executive Office of U.S. Attorneys - Resigned in March.

Deputy Attorney General Paul McNulty - Resigned in May, effective late this summer.

Michael Elston, McNulty's chief of staff - Resigned June 15.

Tim Griffin, interim U.S. attorney for Arkansas - Resigned effective June 1.

Bradley Schlozman, former acting civil rights chief and U.S. attorney for Kansas City - Resigned from a Justice Department post in mid-August.

Wan Kim, chief, Civil Rights Division - Resigned Aug. 24

White House officials:

Deputy Chief of Staff Karl Rove, White House's top political adviser - Resigned effective at the end of this week.

Sara Taylor, political director -- Resigned in May.

<font color="red">And that's just the last few months, and doesn't even include all the Republican Senators and Congressmen, who took fast exits, over illegal activites. Please tell me when we've seen this much corruption.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Gayle in Md.</font color>

Gayle in MD
08-28-2007, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
To vote for someone who you know is going to disappoint you is pretty pointless - and thats putting it mildy because I know you are not stupid.
I just don't understand why you would vote for someone who you know is going to FK you?
Q
<hr /></blockquote>

They only care about their little tax cut! Also, If the news is any indication, Republicans seem to like bending over and grabbing their ankles....especially the one's from FLA, and Idaho..as in, I-da-hoe. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

wolfdancer
08-28-2007, 03:31 AM
"Al Gonzales is a man of integrity, decency and principle. ...After months of unfair treatment that has created a harmful distraction at the Justice Department, Judge Gonzales decided to resign his position and I accept his decision. It's sad that ... his good name was dragged through the mud for political reasons." President Bush.

Resigning, because you were treated unfairly....wouldn't you want to stay and clear your name, instead of taking the "cut and run" way out?
What's next..... rehab?

Gayle in MD
08-28-2007, 07:43 AM
Inside the Beltway, word up, Bush has been putting out feelers for weeks to replace Gonzo, and no one wants to serve. It has gotten to the point where people do not want to be connected to the Bush administration, for fear they will be labeled as part of the administtation's lap dog kennel, willing to lie and break the law for the Emporer.

Just look at the list of all those who were not interested in the appointment for chairing the Joint Chief's!

Bush's words on Gonzo's resignation, were about as honest, and accurate as his comparisons of his quagmire in Iraq, to Vietnam which historians, and high ranking military officials, immediately rose up to identify as pure propaganda.

Gayle in Md.