PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to the forum

cheese
08-29-2007, 12:33 PM
Howdy, I am Cheese, I'm new to the forum I'll tell you something of myself. I live in Montana. I publish a western regional pool magazine called The Break. We also do a webcast called the Billiard News and Touranemtn report it is OTBn TV. The website is www.onthebreaknews.com (http://www.onthebreaknews.com)
I own a 1978 Silver Anniversary Corvette and I like to go fast. I also like to fish, hunt and especially ride horses. I've played pool for a long time and come to the conclusion I can be beat by anyone anywhere. I subscribe to a theory, be the water not the rock.

Bob_Jewett
08-29-2007, 12:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheese:</font><hr> Howdy, I am Cheese, I'm new to the forum I'll tell you something of myself. ... <hr /></blockquote>
Hi, Cheese. Welcome to CCB, as we call it.

cheese
08-29-2007, 12:43 PM
I'll call you or email you next week about your interview or when do you have time? We'll be back from deliveries september 10th. We could set something up tentative. And I like this forum a lot better than some others.

Tom_In_Cincy
08-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Hey Cheese.. This is SactownTom from Hard Times Billiards in Sacramento, I also go by Tom In Cincy on this forum. I've been lurking/posting since the mid 90s.

Welcome aboard.

dg-in-centralpa
08-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Welcome! At one time I also owned a corvette, only mine had a trunk,(which made me the designated beer carrier since my spare could come out and that area be filled with beer and ice), I had a 1960. I'm starting to look for another one. Like you I can be beat most times, as some here can attest to. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DG

Deeman3
08-29-2007, 01:35 PM
The two happiest days of a man's life is the day he buys a Corvette and the day he sells it! I still have one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

wolfdancer
08-29-2007, 02:51 PM
AND, a great newspaper it is....I look forward to each new issue...and sometimes have to fight off players trying to get the last copy.....(can I sue you, I wonder, if'n I gets hurt?)
Seriously though, it is a great paper...and I just checked your website...also well done.
I bought my home table from Pat Sheehan after seeing his column in The Break...and knowing who Sarge was from the paper...went over, introduced myself, and had a nice talk...super guy, who would be better known for his teaching ability...if he didn't put on such a good trick shot show.
Add in Bob Jewett from the Bay Area...and you have a great staff of columnists...
Great to see you posting here....(we'll over look the Montana thing)

wolfdancer
08-29-2007, 02:58 PM
and wasn't there a punch line about seeing one's mother-in-law driving off a cliff in your corvette?
My old Boss bought one just before I left the Bay Area,and took me out for an "indy qualifying lap" type drive in SF....it was the car he always wanted to have and now could easily afford....(not from owning a pool hall though...just good R.E. investments). I'm not sure he appreciated my comment on how his 20 yr old was going to really enjoy the car....

Fran Crimi
08-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Nicetameecha. (As we say in Brooklyn)

Welcome. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Fran

SKennedy
08-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Hi Cheese. I'm new to the forum also. Just joined last week, but have been trying to make up for lost time. I can really relate to your comment about being beat by anyone anywhere. I just don't want to get beat by everyone. There is a lot of good information to glean from these posts.

dg-in-centralpa
08-29-2007, 05:07 PM
A happy day when you sell it? God forbid. I've regretted selling it everyday for the last 15 years.

DG /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

joepool
08-29-2007, 07:57 PM
hey cheese,

Welcome. I am a long time reader of your paper in San Francisco. I usually am in the background on this forum pretty regular as well. I came here a couple of years ago for the moderated environment. Lots of good info and knowledgeable players here.

Fran Crimi
08-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Nicetameecha, too, SKennedy. Belated welcome.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fran

bsmutz
08-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Howdy, Cheese (Don). I've been an avid reader of your publication via the web for quite a while now and would like to thank you for your hard work and dedication. I also have a Corvette (my third) but hate to drive fast (NOT). Good to have you on board.

wolfdancer
08-30-2007, 10:06 PM
I hear the Battle Ground Police have been trying for some time
now to catch a speeding black Corvette, but don't have the horsepower to keep up with it...

bsmutz
08-31-2007, 09:14 AM
If the area wasn't so hilly and there weren't so many roads going hither, thither, and yon, they might have a chance with the radio... I have nothing but the utmost respect for the BGPD. They do a great job. They are welcome to stop by for milk and cookies anytime or call if they need the grass mowed around the station. (There, that should get me out of any, shall we say, "scrapes" with the law.)

wolfdancer
08-31-2007, 10:38 AM
LOL !!!
Good morning, Bill....hope you are getting out and playing some pool tournaments.
I'm taking a break for the summer and early fall, and playing some golf...trying to anyway. After yesterday's round i was tempted to go to the local pawn shop, and trade the clubs in for a bowling ball....
Just keep it under 90 mph.....