PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Fran Crimi

pooltchr
09-01-2007, 04:09 PM
The BCA has announced that they are transitioning management of the BCA Instructor Program to Fran. Many instructors have felt that the instructors are best suited to administering our program, and I believe this change will only make the instructor program even better.
Congrats, Fran!
Steve

BLACKHEART
09-01-2007, 04:41 PM
congrats to you Fran...JER

wolfdancer
09-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Woman pool teachers??? What is happening to this sport?
I'm not sure, but think Fran is the only BCA Master instructor, and I know from the passion she puts into her writing....her heart is in the game.
I'm sure the BCA has made both a great move, and a great choice!!!
Also hopes this put a few extra peso's into the pocketbook for her...

pooltchr
09-01-2007, 07:59 PM
I believe Linda Radford is also a Master instructor.
As for any extra pay, if there is any at all, I doubt it would be enough to change her tax bracket. It's not a job just anyone would accept. You gotta love the game, and be willing to give of yourself without expecting much of anything in return.
I am glad to see our program is finally in the hands of someone who is actually interested in seeing it grow and improve.
Steve

wolfdancer
09-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Steve, I didn't know there were any other top female teachers....given the macho nature of the game...that's a big hurdle to overcome...It would be like asking your wife to teach you to drive, even read a map for you.../ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
It's fantastic that there now are certified instructors for the game...it was hard to find any good ones in the mid 80's...when I got into this game....and it should get even better with Fran at the helm.
I've been hearing about P.A.T.....and don't know if that is the next advancement in pool instruction...or?

pooltchr
09-02-2007, 06:29 AM
I'm not all that familiar with P.A.T., but from what I understand, it is more of a way of rating players as opposed to an instruction program. Someone more familiar with it is welcome to correct me if I am wrong.
Steve

Fran Crimi
09-02-2007, 07:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> The BCA has announced that they are transitioning management of the BCA Instructor Program to Fran. Many instructors have felt that the instructors are best suited to administering our program, and I believe this change will only make the instructor program even better.
Congrats, Fran!
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks! I'll do the best I can. Being a BCA instructor myself, I have a personal stake in seeing the program do well. I apologize in advance for any mistakes I may make in the beginning while figuring out how things work. Hopefully, the learning curve won't be too long. Feel free to send suggestions to the office.

Fran

dg-in-centralpa
09-02-2007, 08:17 AM
Congratulations! I hope it works out well for you.

DG /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mfinkelstein3
09-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Congratulations Fran and good luck to you in all your efforts.//Mark

joepool
09-02-2007, 11:28 AM
I agree it seems like a good move by the BCA. Congrats to Fran and thank you for being willing to take on the program.

randyg
09-02-2007, 04:51 PM
PAT is a few years away yet. Many, many drills.....SPF=randyg

dg-in-centralpa
09-02-2007, 05:52 PM
What's PAT?

DG

wolfdancer
09-02-2007, 07:22 PM
web page (http://www.americancuesports.org/DNN/Programs/InstructorProgram/PATManualFAQs/tabid/159/Default.aspx)

I saw a few books in LV on P.A.T.
a little more then I wanted to spend at the time

randyg
09-03-2007, 07:15 AM
I believe that our BCA Instructor's Program has always had great leadership. The breakdown of the program was from the BCA's directional side as opposed to the Instructors Committee's guidelines. The BCA's Instructor Committee was only as good as the operational side.

With Fran as our leader I believe that the Instructors have a strong voice to lead them forward. Time will tell.

Fran is an excellent choice with a proven track record. For one, I'm very happy.......SPF=randyg

Fran Crimi
09-03-2007, 09:17 AM
Thanks Randy. Your congrats and support are greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to the task!

Fran

BigRigTom
09-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Congrats Fran, I look forward to seeing your influence around the country.
I recently contacted the BCA to get a list of instructors near me that I might be able to take some lessons.
Do you realize there are NO BCA Advanced or Master Instructors on their list for the Los Angeles Area, much less in the Ventura County area where I am.
Any chance you know of someone who is not on the BCA's List Of Active Instructors (http://www.bca-pool.com/play/instruction/BCA_Instructors_Active.htm)?

Brian in VA
09-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Congratulations Fran! That is terrific news! Good to know the BCA Instructor program is in such capable hands.

Brian in VA

randyg
09-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Tom: Will be there this Spring.....SPF=randyg

BigRigTom
09-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Thanks Randy, I checked out you web site and the Road Show Schedule but I didn't see a date in the Los Angeles Area.
I am interested.....
Can you Private Msg me at your convenience so we don't wind up high jacking this tread with the back and forth?
Maybe if you have set dates I can work it in and thanks again for jumping in.

Billy
09-03-2007, 03:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> The BCA has announced that they are transitioning management of the BCA Instructor Program to Fran. Many instructors have felt that the instructors are best suited to administering our program, and I believe this change will only make the instructor program even better.
Congrats, Fran!

Thanks! I'll do the best I can. Being a BCA instructor myself, I have a personal stake in seeing the program do well. I apologize in advance for any mistakes I may make in the beginning while figuring out how things work. Hopefully, the learning curve won't be too long. Feel free to send suggestions to the office.

Fran

<hr /></blockquote>

a very good choice

knows the game, accomplished player, super passion for the sport

great mix, have no doubt that you'll do a wonderful job

all the best ...

jmo

Scott Lee
09-03-2007, 06:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote randyg:</font><hr> I believe that our BCA Instructor's Program has always had great leadership. The breakdown of the program was from the BCA's directional side as opposed to the Instructors Committee's guidelines. The BCA's Instructor Committee was only as good as the operational side.

With Fran as our leader I believe that the Instructors have a strong voice to lead them forward. Time will tell.

Fran is an excellent choice with a proven track record. For one, I'm very happy.......SPF=randyg <hr /></blockquote>

Well said Randy! Congratulations Fran...we all look forward to having someone who's approachable and available, to help us keep steering the instructional program in the right direction. I look forward to working with you! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott Lee

Vagabond
09-03-2007, 09:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> The BCA has announced that they are transitioning management of the BCA Instructor Program to Fran. Many instructors have felt that the instructors are best suited to administering our program, and I believe this change will only make the instructor program even better.
Congrats, Fran!

congrats to Fran.she will do a fantastic job. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Deeman3
09-04-2007, 07:02 AM
Way to go Fran. I know you will provide great leadership and do a wonderful job.

Fran Crimi
09-04-2007, 07:42 AM
I don't want to bog down the thread by thanking everyone personally. Just wanted everyone to know that I've read all the well wishes and I sincerely appreciate them all.

Thanks!
Fran

dr_dave
09-04-2007, 08:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> I don't want to bog down the thread by thanking everyone personally. Just wanted everyone to know that I've read all the well wishes and I sincerely appreciate them all.

Thanks!
Fran <hr /></blockquote>
Fran,

I also wanted to congratulate you and wish you well in this new position. I know we've had our "differences" in the past, but I hope you know that I have great respect for your knowledge and experience and all you have done and continue to do for the sport.

You are very deserving of the honor,
Dave

eg8r
09-04-2007, 10:17 AM
This is awesome news.

Congrats Fran.

eg8r

DennyS
09-07-2007, 09:09 AM
Congratulations Fran, I know you must be excited, I know I was when I was asked to be on the Certification Committee years ago. I still remember our conversion over the phone. I know you will do a great job and look forward to chatting in the future.

JimS
09-15-2007, 06:24 AM
I know that Fran has integrity and that any organization would profit from her input. She will do the job admirably.