PDA

View Full Version : Finally.....

wolfdancer
09-04-2007, 11:54 AM
A Belgian prosecutor on Tuesday recommended that the U.S.-based Church of Scientology stand trial for fraud and extortion, following a 10-year investigation that concluded the group should be labeled a criminal organization.
wonder if we could get them to go over GWB/Cheney's books....

cushioncrawler
09-04-2007, 09:45 PM
What about all of the other "God" churches!!?? madMac.

moblsv
09-05-2007, 06:42 AM
From the story on Yahoo - "The German government considers Scientology a commercial enterprise that takes advantage of vulnerable people."

And how is that different from all the other religions?

cushioncrawler
09-05-2007, 04:15 PM
All "God" churches were/are fraudulent commercial enterprises. So, in the USA and most other places they are given tax breaks. madMac.

Bobbyrx
09-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Yeah!! and the money that they make is spent on......gasp......say it ain't so......the needy. People who believe in God are just ruining this country. All those millions of dollars and thousands of volunteers provided by evil churches for the Katrina victims for example was just a cover so these churches could.....could.....well...I'll come up with some evil plot and report back.....oh yea recruit other people into the church so they could...feed and cloth the hungry and homeless and protect battered women.......oh the inhumanity....and and and especially here in the south, many churches sponsor.....I can't even say it.....THE BOY SCOUTS (thank God for the ACLU....no we can't thank God for the ACLU, they might sue us for thanking God for them)......and that alone should be enough to have churches done away with..... Amen

cushioncrawler
09-05-2007, 06:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bobbyrx:</font><hr> Yeah!! and the money that they make is spent on......gasp......say it ain't so......the needy. People who believe in God are just ruining this country. All those millions of dollars and thousands of volunteers provided by evil churches for the Katrina victims for example was just a cover so these churches could.....could.....well...I'll come up with some evil plot and report back.....oh yea recruit other people into the church so they could...feed and cloth the hungry and homeless and protect battered women.......oh the inhumanity....and and and especially here in the south, many churches sponsor.....I can't even say it.....THE BOY SCOUTS (thank God for the ACLU....no we can't thank God for the ACLU, they might sue us for thanking God for them)......and that alone should be enough to have churches done away with..... Amen<hr /></blockquote>Everything haz a good side and a bad side, and everything haz a good'to'bad ratio. Some churches will have a better G:B than others, i have allways had a soft spot for the salvo'z (providing food and shelter). madMac.

bsmutz
09-05-2007, 06:50 PM
And the Catholic church, the largest property owner in the world, spends so much money on charity. I don't think churches spend any money on charity. The congregations, who are gullible enough to believe that if they don't give to the church they will be damned to an eternity in "hell", give the money and time through the auspices of the church. Now, don't get me wrong, I feel that our world would be a lot more "hellish" if there weren't any organized religions, but darned if I don't feel like somebody's leg is getting pulled.

Drop1
09-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Is church the driving force behind your goodness,and if it didn't exist,you would become a depraved animal not knowing good from evil, or right from wrong? I think if there were no churches the problem would be finding a place to sit in your car for two hours each Sunday morning. I sure miss Tammy,and Bobby. Did Oral Roberts have a brother named Anal?

Deeman3
09-06-2007, 07:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Is church the driving force behind your goodness,and if it didn't exist,you would become a depraved animal not knowing good from evil, or right from wrong? <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Yes, my faith (not a church) is the only thing keeping many people alive on this planet. </font color>

Chopstick
09-06-2007, 08:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> you would become a depraved animal not knowing good from evil, <hr /></blockquote>

That is my goal. The knowledge of good and evil is the original sin. Most say it is what separates us from the animals. I say it is what has separated man from his rightful place in the world.

Gayle in MD
09-06-2007, 11:38 AM
These southerners just lap up the message. They don't delve too deeply into any subjects that don't match what is comfortable for them. The churches are full of lazy charlatons, who haven't worked a day in their entire careers, but since they're selling a nice fairly tale to the sinners, such evidence doesn't cross thier minds.

There is more sexual devience among men of the so called cloth than one can shake a stick at. It's a pretty good racket they have going. either put your money in their basket, or burn in hell forever. Let's recall, the bible belt put this idiot in office, and they still haven't seen through him after all the lies and incompetence. If you make any mention of that, however, or of the mess he's made, you're a biggot, terrorist lover, LOL.

Since they're all so concerned about sinning, how come they're all so fat? Conveniently, they all overlook the sin of gluttony. Falwell had jowels hanging down to his suit lapel...but he was quick to bash people he deemed as sex addicts. He's another one, lived like a king. They never reveal how much money they make off their congregations. What a racket! Now, they want to run the country, so what do they do? Put a two drunks into the White House, that have been screwing people over their whole lives. Nice commentary for the judgement of the delusional bible belt.

Gayle in Md.

Bobbyrx
09-06-2007, 03:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> These southerners just lap up the message. They don't delve too deeply into any subjects that don't match what is comfortable for them. <font color="red"> I thought liberals were against profiling?!?! </font color> The churches are full of lazy charlatons, who haven't worked a day in their entire careers, <font color="red"> so is this forum </font color>
There is more sexual devience among men of the so called cloth than one can shake a stick at. <font color="red"> Since there is no God and all churches are bogus, who gets to define sexual devience, you? </font color> It's a pretty good racket they have going. either put your money in their basket, or burn in hell forever. <font color="red">Haven't heard of that church but it sounds more like the IRS </font color> Let's recall, the bible belt put this idiot in office, and they still haven't seen through him after all the lies and incompetence. <font color="red">a quarter of a million more people voted for Bush in Maryland than in Mississippi, college grads were split 49% to 49%, and I didn't know Alaska,Montana,Idaho,North and South Dakota, Nebraska, Colorado, Kansas, Nevada, Indiana, Ohio, or Iowa to name a few were in the Bible Belt </font color>

Put a two drunks into the White House, that have been screwing people over their whole lives. Nice commentary for the judgement of the delusional bible belt. <font color="red">I knew Carter and Clinton are from the Bible Belt but I didn't know they were drunks too....wow </font color>

Gayle in Md.

<hr /></blockquote>

cushioncrawler
09-06-2007, 04:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bsmutz:</font><hr> And the Catholic church, the largest property owner in the world, spends so much money on charity. I don't think churches spend any money on charity. The congregations, who are gullible enough to believe that if they don't give to the church they will be damned to an eternity in "hell", give the money and time through the auspices of the church. Now, don't get me wrong, I feel that our world would be a lot more "hellish" if there weren't any organized religions, but darned if I don't feel like somebody's leg is getting pulled.<hr /></blockquote>Nah -- Hell iz here, now. Actually, i have a feeling that hell duznt exist in the bible, it iz a very modern creation, i think that the bible sez that a limited number of the good folk go to heaven -- and the rest dont, they stay on earth with satan az the No1 man. Thats all. madMac.

SKennedy
09-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Gayle, why don't you take a break from fighting the civil war all over again? By the way, who do you not hate? Dr. Phil wants to know.....

Drop1
09-06-2007, 07:59 PM
I hate Dr.Phil. Who cares if there is,or is not a God? If your faith, tells you there is a God,I could care less. My faith,and the history of the Western world, tells me there is no God. Faith is faith,and mine is as true,as the next persons.

wolfdancer
09-06-2007, 11:09 PM
Bill, the new buzz term for donations is seed money. I was watching one of the TV shows and he wanted a mininum donation of $50....so i sent him what i figured was $50 worth of "seed" and told him to keep the change...

Deeman3
09-07-2007, 07:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> I hate Dr.Phil. Who cares if there is,or is not a God? If your faith, tells you there is a God,I could care less. My faith,and the history of the Western world, tells me there is no God. Faith is faith,and mine is as true,as the next persons. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Drop1:

This is absolutely true. Your faith or lack of faith is your personal business and your right as it is also your right to share your feelings. My faith is my business and I can share it but it seems pretty wasteful to push that off on others who do not beleive. I am not evangelical beyond stating my faith. I don't want a state sponsored religeon any more than you do. </font color>

New2Pool
09-11-2007, 09:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> I hate Dr.Phil. Who cares if there is,or is not a God? If your faith, tells you there is a God,I could care less. My faith,and the history of the Western world, tells me there is no God. Faith is faith,and mine is as true,as the next persons. <hr /></blockquote>

You are welcome to believe as you would like but your statement that "Faith is faith, and mine is as true, as the next persons." is just wrong. If you believe there is a god and I believe there is not then one of us is wrong and that person's faith is mis-guided.

Maybe you meant that both are equally provable? If one person believes god exists, another believes god does not exist, and yet another believes god is a turnip then all three beliefs are equally provable. But at most, only two can be correct.

Deeman3
09-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Of course, if I am wrong, it does not matter other than my wasted devotion and time, if an atheist is, it could be considered a mistake.