PDA

View Full Version : Bush is an idiot but:

Bobbyrx
09-07-2007, 01:26 PM
even he can't top the Breck Girl:
"I'm going to be honest with you—I don't know a lot about Cuba's healthcare system. Is it a government-run system?"

- former Sen. John Edwards
and this was after he watched Sicko!!!!

Deeman3
09-07-2007, 01:44 PM
A less jaded but better educated beltway liberal might point out the endless floatillas of people trying to emigrate to Cuba to take advantage of that wonderful "Sicko" healthcare system that Comrade Dr. Castro is offering. Film on Huffington at noon....

SKennedy
09-07-2007, 09:40 PM
A fleet is headed to Cuba now!

Drop1
09-07-2007, 10:27 PM
The U.S. embargo against Cuba, since 1964,has been the controlling factor,in the manner Cubans live. All most every country in the world,that has some money,is waiting for Castro to die,or for the U.S. to lift the embargo,that is really not in our interest. Cuba has a growing tourist business,and a lot of Canadians,and people from Europe go there to vacation. I can think of no other country where we have persisted in maintaining such a perverted policy of vengeance.

cushioncrawler
09-08-2007, 03:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> The U.S. embargo against Cuba, since 1964,has been the controlling factor,in the manner Cubans live. All most every country in the world,that has some money,is waiting for Castro to die,or for the U.S. to lift the embargo,that is really not in our interest. Cuba has a growing tourist business,and a lot of Canadians,and people from Europe go there to vacation. I can think of no other country where we have persisted in maintaining such a perverted policy of vengeance.<hr /></blockquote>U dont get any cigars for killing a Prezident. madMac.

eg8r
09-08-2007, 07:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Cuba has a growing tourist business,and a lot of Canadians,and people from Europe go there to vacation. I can think of no other country where we have persisted in maintaining such a perverted policy of vengeance. <hr /></blockquote> Yeah you are right. We should just tell the world that we are very sorry for having such a great memory and the ability to carry forth with our decisions. Castro can't be that bad of a guy and darn, it has been such a long time. Maybe he has changed after all these years and the mean ole USA just isn't giving him the same second chance that we are willing to give drunkards, drug addicts and baseball playing steriod abusers.

eg8r

pooltchr
09-08-2007, 07:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> the mean ole USA just isn't giving him the same second chance that we are willing to give drunkards, drug addicts and baseball playing steriod abusers.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>
Don't forget dog-fighting quarterbacks. Mark my words, he will be back in the NFL in a few years...maybe not as a QB but more likely a RB or WR. If we can forgive 13 million criminal alien invaders, we should just forgive everyone!
There is no point in having laws if we aren't going to enforce them.
Steve

Gayle in MD
09-08-2007, 08:11 AM
Bravo! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Isn't how funny how the right can point out those who have left Cuba, while at the same time, and for strictly partisan purposes, they completely ignore, and/or deny, the hundreds of thousands who have fled Iraq, and are doing so at a greater rate, every month, while Bush and company, touts progress, and improvment in Iraq?

Their forte, is re-arranging facts, and promoting fantasy.

Chopstick
09-08-2007, 08:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cushioncrawler:</font><hr> U dont get any cigars for killing a Prezident. madMac. <hr /></blockquote>

We actually did try several schemes to kill him. The closest we ever got was when we found out that he used to like to stop by this one shop and get a milk shake. We bribed the guy in the shop and gave him a special milk shake to give to Castro. Well, Castro didn't come by for a few days, the guy left it in the fridge and when Castro came in his special shake was frozen solid.

Oh well. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SKennedy
09-08-2007, 12:41 PM
War generates refugees.

Bobbyrx
09-08-2007, 03:00 PM
A major Democratic candidate says he doesn't know what kind of healthcare Cuba has.......that's the point

pooltchr
09-08-2007, 03:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bobbyrx:</font><hr> A major Democratic candidate says he doesn't know what kind of healthcare Cuba has.......that's the point <hr /></blockquote>

But his hair looks good!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Steve

Drop1
09-08-2007, 07:39 PM
Ed,I could agree with you,if we had the same memory for Germany,Japan,Italy and,Russia,and we were not such great friends of Vietnam,that we now run a deficit with them,and I'm wearing shoes made there,and drive a Japanese car. How about North Korea,didn't we fight the Chinese there? Hell we have more illegal aliens in the U.S.,than the population of Cuba. Lets apply the same policy to other countries,that have had real wars with us,and we wouldn't last a week. The Cuban embargo is a sick joke.

eg8r
09-08-2007, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ed,I could agree with you,if we had the same memory for Germany,Japan,Italy and,Russia, <hr /></blockquote> I guess we need to have the same history then if you need to get technical. Leaning on the history we have had with Japan, and no reason to think this wouldn't work, do you think we should hit them with a nuke on the weekend or wait for all those government healthcare employees to get back to work on Monday? After the nuke knocks the entire island off the planet do you think the wait list to be seen will be as long?

eg8r

SKennedy
09-09-2007, 11:40 AM
I'ne got to admit, I do think the embargo is pretty worthless at this point. It only hurts those who aren't responsible for policy, etc.
Gotta admit, Cuban cigars are nice and it's a nice place to visit. And just think, Gayle would not have to vacation in North Carolina. She could go to Cuba and bring us all back cigars!

Bobbyrx
09-09-2007, 04:08 PM
web page (http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blpic-edwardsbreckgirl.htm) <font color="red"> that it does!! </font color>

Gayle in MD
09-10-2007, 07:56 AM
<font color="red">The point, given the intellect of the present Republican President, is a bit moot, don't you think? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

"More than two decades later, it is hard to imagine the Revolutionary War coming out any other way." --George W. Bush, Martinsburg, W. Va., July 4, 2007

"Amnesty means that you've got to pay a price for having been here illegally, and this bill does that." --George W. Bush, on the immigration reform bill, Washington, D.C., June 26, 2007

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
"They misunderestimated me."
"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SKennedy
09-10-2007, 08:26 AM
We all make those types of blunders. I do at the end of the day when I am mentally tired after a day at work arguing with attorneys, etc. My wife and children enjoy my faux pauxs.

Bobbyrx
09-10-2007, 09:42 AM
If you read the post I had already said Bush is an idiot so quoting his mis speaks mean nothing. However, mis-speaking or a grammatical error is one thing but admitting you don't know what kind of health care Cuba has is another. (Especially after watching Sicko /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Drop1
09-10-2007, 07:48 PM
You are pathetic.

Gayle in MD
09-11-2007, 07:15 AM
I'd say having a President, who is the leader of the free world, but cannot articulate the meaning of sovereignty, is a whole lot worse. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

eg8r
09-11-2007, 08:28 AM
Pathetic was your post about "memory". You initially could agree with me, but when you noticed your head would not budge in the sand you quit trying.

eg8r

DickLeonard
09-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Gayle I am sick of people making fun of George's speech miscues please in the future only post when his utterings make sense. LOL ####

Drop1
09-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Not true my boy,pathetic was in reference to your knowledge of what,and how the U.S. controls Cuba. We have had greater threats from countries,that are now our friends. That was the point of the post,if you cannot grasp that,once again,I say pathetic,and you don't need a book to figure that out,all you need is knowledge,something foreign to egotists of your type. There are two thousand seven hundred seventy five Americans to every one Cuban;oh! Lord a mighty help us, from that Cuban,who earns fifteen hundred dollars a year;oh!lord protect us from this vast hoard of people,half under the age of fifteen,with such mighty wealth and no air force,no navy,and no army. The forty years are up Lord,take that embargo away,and set the Cuban people free.

eg8r
09-12-2007, 07:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not true my boy,pathetic was in reference to your knowledge of what,and how the U.S. controls Cuba. <hr /></blockquote> LOL thanks for the clarification papi.

Your response was pathetic and your head is back in the sand.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
09-12-2007, 07:19 AM
Bravo. Well stated. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in MD
09-12-2007, 07:22 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Don't hold your breath... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif He hasn't made any sense for seven years, in fact, he gets worse as time goes by. I think we should pass a law the he has to wear a muzzle if he leaves the country. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DickLeonard
09-12-2007, 08:18 AM
Gayle how he thinks he is going to get paid $100,000 a speech after he leaves office is beyond me. Unless it is in the form of a bribe for that giant tax cut.

He is starting to resemble Ronald Reagan "God Help Us".####

Chopstick
09-12-2007, 08:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> There are two thousand seven hundred seventy five Americans to every one Cuban; <hr /></blockquote>

Not in Miami! It's the other way around. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I do agree that the embargo doesn't make sense at this point.

Chopstick
09-12-2007, 09:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
"They misunderestimated me."
"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

I walked into a shop the other day and there was a post covered with refrigerator magnets with all of these sayings on them. They were really funny. I said to the clerk behind the counter "Did he really say this?" Yep he sure did.

On that note I think I have found our next president.

For those who have not seen this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww) /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
09-12-2007, 09:51 AM
I swear, it just gets funnier everytime you watch it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'd like to read a written text of her statement, and just pick out the main words. It would probably be even funnier! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chopstick
09-12-2007, 10:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I swear, it just gets funnier everytime you watch it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'd like to read a written text of her statement, and just pick out the main words. It would probably be even funnier! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

No problem. Here ya go. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jimmy Kimmel explains what Miss SC said. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Khx0D9Vxg)

Gayle in MD
09-12-2007, 10:38 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif...Man, can you imagine how she must feel? We may be approaching a time when complete anonymity is what people yearn for in their hearts. Fame can certainly be an unforgiving, and double edged sword!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chopstick
09-12-2007, 11:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif...Man, can you imagine how she must feel? We may be approaching a time when complete anonymity is what people yearn for in their hearts. Fame can certainly be an unforgiving, and double edged sword!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Just think, she beat out a whole bunch of girls to get there.

Deeman3
09-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Can you imagine all the people not saying they are from South Carolina right now? "Hey, Fred, aren't you from Spartanburg?" "NO!, I moved there after high school!"

People without Maps are a terrible thing to waste."

Gayle in MD
09-12-2007, 12:12 PM
LOL, I'll tell ya, my Dad was right, never underestimate the poor taste of the American public! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

G.

Gayle in MD
09-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Funny you would mention that, since they both had/have diseases that are linked to mental confusion and lack of concentration. I don't know if reagan knew he had Alsheiners when he was in office, but I think there was evidence that he wasn't as sharp as he had been when he took office.

In Bush's case, he has known, and kept it hidden, that he has Lyme's disease from a tick. After having spent the morning cussing to myself around here about where in the world Jim must have moved my glasses last night, and then finding them on my head, I may get checked for it myself! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Love,
Gayle