PDA

View Full Version : Feinstein to the rescue

eg8r
09-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Rambo's View (http://demint.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Clips.Detail&Clip_ID=e08c6e7a-1321-0e36-ba58-b166d87577af&Month=9&Year=2007) Diane's 4 Billion dollar earmark.

[ QUOTE ]
Ms. Feinstein, who in the last election received some of her largest donations from the rich area, has been only too happy to come to its defense. She honed in on the military construction and veterans affairs bill -- a sensitive spending vehicle that few Republicans would dare vote against, and that President Bush would be loath to veto. She then slipped in an earmark provision that would bar the VA from disposing or leasing any of the ground. Thus a potential $4 billion worth of help and aid for our nation's veterans goes bye-bye in the name of preserving a view for those Hollywood actors who play veterans in the movies. <hr /></blockquote> Is this another example of a dem "doing the right thing?"

[ QUOTE ]
The indefatigable earmark warrior, South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint, offered an amendment this week to strip Ms. Feinstein's earmark. California Sen. Barbara Boxer rose in righteous indignation on the Senate floor, and fizzed that she would never dream of leveling such a direct "attack" against South Carolina. The point of this speech was to remind her Senate colleagues that what's hers is hers, and that the penalty for voting against her and Ms. Feinstein's California pork would be the targeting of projects in their own states. They got the message. In the final vote, only 25 senators had the courage to put the nation's veterans above Ms. Feinstein's scenery, including just one Democrat (Sen. Russ Feingold). <hr /></blockquote> The dems only care about our Veterans when the other side is doing something they don't agree with, now that it is their bill to screw the vets they are ok with it.

eg8r

pooltchr
09-11-2007, 05:53 PM
No matter how you dress up a pig (or pork) it doesn't change what it is.

It's like when they say "It's for the children", you can bet your a$$ it's bad news.

Steve

Drop1
09-11-2007, 09:50 PM
What a Sap. Look at the VA hospital cuts that have occurred since 2001,and you might grasp how hypocritical this administration is,when it comes to the VA. Maybe Feinstein is right.

eg8r
09-12-2007, 07:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What a Sap. Look at the VA hospital cuts that have occurred since 2001,and you might grasp how hypocritical this administration is,when it comes to the VA. Maybe Feinstein is right. <hr /></blockquote> The dems are the fools that said you would "Do the Right Thing" when you took control, knowing darn good and well that was not your intent. Every time we prove you are a bunch of liars your only defense is, "yeah well look at how bad W has been."

No kidding Einstein, we already know W screwed things us, but when you come in and say you will be doing the right thing, then why get pissed off when it is pointed out that you are NOT doing the right thing? For some reason the dems think it is OK to continue screwing everything up since the precedence has been set.

Thanks for proving you are OK with the status quo and have no desires for politician's to be responsible for their failure to "do the right thing". From here on out, any time you cry that the current admin is doing something wrong then we will know that you really don't care, you are just looking for a scapegoat for you own guy who is getting ready to do the same thing.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
09-12-2007, 07:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No kidding Einstein, we already know W screwed things us, <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifLMAO...Wow Drop, I think you're making headway with our resident neoconned idiot. This is the first, somewhat logical, factual, political sentence he has ever written.

Hey, Earmarks went through the roof for six years of Republican spending, and Bush never performed a single veto, or made a single complaint. He's borrowed more than all previous presidents, put together! This is wwhy Republicans can't govern. They always do the same thing, cut taxes, and increase spending and debt, but they can't quite figure out why Reganomics, and trickle down, doesn't work. It's beyond their grasp.

Feinstein is one of the best on the Hill. Some will latch onto any Democratic spending, at all, for their spew, while completely overlooking 12 billion dollars a month for Bush's war, his complete failure to solve our problem with trade deficits, his role in inviting more illegals to come here for his corporate cronies to exploit, but just let one Democratic Senator make the effort to protect a beautiful ocean view for generations to come, and it's a major offense!

Typical penny wise, pound foolish, right wing, neoconned thinking. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Twelve Billion A Month!

Senator Warner R.-VA "Do you feel that that will make America safer"?

General Petraeus "Sir, I believe that this indeed is the best course of action to achieve our objectives in Iraq."

Senator Warner, "Does that make America SAFER?"

General Petraeus, "Sir, I, I, I, don't know, actually."

/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

DickLeonard
09-12-2007, 08:09 AM
Gayle could you highlight that sentence I am having trouble findiing it.####

eg8r
09-12-2007, 08:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, Earmarks went through the roof for six years of Republican spending, and Bush never performed a single veto, <hr /></blockquote> You buffoons cannot help yourself. Once again, every time you mention something negative by W or his administration you are secretely thanking him for giving you a scapegoat when your own idiots start doing the same thing.

eg8r &lt;~~~per jGayle, I am the neoconned idiot, lol, that is better than being Gayle any day /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Gayle in MD
09-12-2007, 08:27 AM
Which sentence do you mean, darling? I can do anything your heart desires.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<font color="red">This one is from Ed's lasst nasty post to Drop. </font color> No kidding Einstein, we already know W screwed things us,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other quoted sentences, regarding the war in Iraq, are from the Iraq Report by Petraeus, to Senator Warner, as follows...
<font color="red">Senator Warner R.-VA "Do you feel that that will make America safer"?

General Petraeus "Sir, I believe that this indeed is the best course of action to achieve our objectives in Iraq."

Senator Warner, "Does that make America SAFER?"

General Petraeus, "Sir, I, I, I, don't know, actually."

</font color>
Love,
Gayle

eg8r
09-12-2007, 08:27 AM
Her quoting it is not highlighting it enough for you. Maybe she should sail over to your house and move the mouse for you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It cracks me up that you buffoons are so excitable about my quote. I have been saying this for years yet you have just enjoyed having your head up your rear and ignored it.

eg8r