PDA

View Full Version : There are some people who are not human

Deeman3
09-11-2007, 03:35 PM
CHARLESTON, W.Va. - Authorities said Tuesday they are considering hate crime charges in the case of a woman who was tortured while being held captive for at least a week, and they are investigating the possibility that she was lured by a man she met on the Internet.

The victim was repeatedly called a racial slur while her captors sexually abused, beat and stabbed her, her mother said.

Six people, all white, including a mother and son and a mother and daughter, were arrested in connection with the alleged abduction of the 20-year-old black woman.

“I don’t understand a human being doing another human being the way they did my daughter,” Carmen Williams said Tuesday from her daughter’s room at Charleston Area Medical Center General Hospital. “I didn’t know there were people like that out here.”

Megan Williams, with a cast on her arm, spoke barely above a whisper.

“I’m better,” she said.

The Associated Press generally does not identify suspected victims of sexual assault, but Williams and her mother agreed to release her name.

'Out of a horror movie'
A prosecutor said police are investigating the possibility that the victim was lured to the house where she was attacked by a man she met on the internet, but Carmen Williams insisted that wasn’t the case. “This wasn’t from the Internet,” she said.

Deputies also interviewed the victim Tuesday morning. State, local and federal officials planned to meet later in the day to decide whether to file hate crime charges, Logan County sheriff’s Sgt. Sonya Porter said. An FBI spokesman in Pittsburgh, Bill Crowley, confirmed that the agency is looking into possible civil rights violations.

The woman’s abductors called her the N-word “every time they stabbed her,” Carmen Williams told The Charleston Gazette earlier.

Authorities were still looking for two people they believe drove the woman to the house where she was abused, said Logan County Chief Deputy V.K. Dingess.

The case is “something that would have come out of a horror movie,” Logan County Sheriff W.E. Hunter said.

Deputies found Williams on Saturday when they went to the house in Big Creek, about 35 miles southwest of Charleston, to investigate an anonymous tip from someone who had witnessed the abuse, Porter said Tuesday.

One of the suspects, Frankie Brewster, was sitting on the front porch and told deputies she was alone, but moments later the woman limped toward the door, her arms outstretched, saying “Help me,” the sheriff’s department said in a news release.

<font color="blue"> What is in some people's soulless existance that would allow them to become like this? Can they not see that this could be their own daughter at someone else's mercy one day? As bad as it sounds, there are some people who should be just taken out and shot. No trial, no mercy, no excuses. Tell me how you "rehabilitate" these monsters????? Makes Michael Vick look like a saint!</font color>

pooltchr
09-11-2007, 06:09 PM
That is pretty sick. Remember the Grisham book "A Time to Kill"?
Speaking of Vick, a friend sent me a copy of an add from the Virginia Beach SPCA thanking Atlanta Falcolns Quarterback Michael Vick for finding a good home for 14 pit bull puppies rescued after Hurricane Katrina!
Yeah, there are some really screwed up people in this world. (And not all of them are in Washington!)
Steve

SKennedy
09-11-2007, 07:59 PM
What a family! People will always let you down.

Deeman3
09-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Steve,

I'll be the last to defend Vick but as Whopee Goldberg pointed out yesterday, dog fighting is prefectly acceptable in some environments, at least to the culture there. She said is was the South but it is more than that. I have heard of dog fighting in many parts of the u.s. and abroad and, to those people, it's like bull fighting to the Spanish. Now, good judgement would mean a guy like Vick should know better but, of course, this is a pro football player. They are not known for intelllegence, nor thoughtfulness and proper image planning.

Would you see a Manning involved in this stuff, No. Raised in Mississippi, he had better parents and role models. Is it a black thing? No, Tiger, Jordan, Dr. J, all had a sense of their responsibility to kids and the culture.

I really think Vick shoulod be made to pay a very big fine that would benefit dogs and other worthwhile charity and allowed to play. Stupid and insensitive should not be a death sentence for a football player and I am certainbly not a fan. I do not watch pro football and could not have told you who he was or what color before the scandal broke. I just think we all want to punish people who are rich when they happen to be double stupid along with their wealth. I'd let him give $10 million to dogs and $2 million to Chopstick and call it a day.

The people in the above are what make me want to seek revenge, not a good thing. They make me ashamed to be a human being and deserve whatever evil a jury can muster, before they are pardoned by a liberal judge. JK

Chopstick
09-12-2007, 10:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr>

<font color="blue"> What is in some people's soulless existance that would allow them to become like this? </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

A decision.

While no one is born with ideas, there are some who are born with circuitry in their brains that would allow this type of behavior to occur. It begins with ideas they get from other people. Ideas join together to form concepts. Concepts join to form beliefs. Beliefs join to for a personality construct. This is reinforced by memories of life experience. Once a personality construct has crystallized, usually in the early twenties, it is nearly impossible to reprogram. You cannot just take out a few toxic ideas down the chain. The entire construct will warp or collapse.

With each new idea, an individual makes a decision to accept them or not. The connecting points in a personality construct are the decisions that were made all along the way. I do not believe that current rehabilitation technology can address these issues effectively. An individual must decide to be reprogrammed. Statistics have shown that some classes of individuals cannot be reprogrammed.

Yesterday there was a show on the Science channel, I think, that was showing MRIs combined with CAT scans of criminal psychopaths such as these. They showed that certain pathways were not connected or loosely connected. For example, when someone says "Please don't hurt me" it invokes an emotional sympathetic response in a normal person. In the mind of the psychopath this connection does not occur. They feel nothing.

While I find these studies interesting, bullets are cheaper.

Gayle in MD
09-12-2007, 12:28 PM
I think they should throw his ass in jail, for at least twenty years. Anyone who would treat animals in such a horrible manner, is a threat to people, also, IMO. I also think people who hurt children, should be thrown in jail, for life, and that any sport that causes injury to animals, should be illegal, unless it is for the purpose of nourishment. In fact, I'm moving more toward eating only veggies, and soon, if my plants keep talking back to me, I may have to suspend those, too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chopstick
09-13-2007, 07:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> In fact, I'm moving more toward eating only veggies, and soon, if my plants keep talking back to me, I may have to suspend those, too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Plants talkin back to ya? Do they look like this? </font color>

http://www.drugs-plaza.com/pictures/picturesgrowing/cannabis-growing-8.jpg

<font color="blue">It's 9:30. Do you know where your glasses are? </font color>

Chopstick
09-13-2007, 07:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr>
I I'd let him give $10 million to dogs and $2 million to Chopstick and call it a day.
<hr /></blockquote>

Thanks Deeman. I'd build them dawgs a home where they can be looked after the way they're supposed to be. I'd use the rest to buy everybody a map. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Deeman3
09-13-2007, 08:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> if my plants keep talking back to me, I may have to suspend those, too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Now you have to stop making fun of God talking to me! If a plant, other than a Bush, can speak to you, I can listen to God. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Gayle in MD
09-13-2007, 08:55 AM
No, they're much prettier than those, but they look pretty good, too... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Glasses presently on nose /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in MD
09-13-2007, 09:02 AM
LOL, never make fun of your listening to God, but there are as many God's, as there are plants! Are they all God? Or is there only your God? I know lots of people who claim they're listening to God. Sometimes one wonders if they are relly hearing Him, though. Don't forget, the devil often masquerades as God. Do all God listeners, know the difference?

The Gods, send me messages, too. They drop on my head, like a bolt from the blue. Once, I saw the Gods send a message to Bush, in the Rose Garden. He promptly wiped it off his suit, with his hand, and it was rather stinky. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif My God, doesn't like George Bush. My God is the one who sent him the stinky message.

Chopstick
09-13-2007, 09:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> LOL, never make fun of your listening to God, but there are as many God's, as there are plants! Are they all God? Or is there only your God? I know lots of people who claim they're listening to God. Sometimes one wonders if they are relly hearing Him, though. Don't forget, the devil often masquerades as God. Do all God listeners, know the difference?

<hr /></blockquote>

The Tao is older than God. Do nothing and leave nothing undone.

Gayle in MD
09-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Very familiar with Tao. Ever read The Tao Of Pooh?

Daniel Perle's widow, who was killed by terrorists, has written a beautiful book. She's a Buddhist, and a beautiful human being. The book, "A mighty Heart" is beautifully written. I highly recommened it.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Deeman3
09-13-2007, 10:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Or is there only your God?
<hr /></blockquote>
<font color="blue"> No, there is only my God for me. Other people have other Gods. I have never had a problem with that personally, until they want to kill me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

Chopstick
09-13-2007, 12:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Very familiar with Tao. Ever read The Tao Of Pooh?

<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Anything with pooh bear on it is not likely to be found on my bookshelf in this lifetime. I'm into the ancient poetry. What I find interesting is when scientists talk about quantum reality, it sounds just like what the ancient philosophers said way back then. The more advanced the theories become the more similar they sound to the old poetry.</font color>

Deeman3
09-13-2007, 01:59 PM
It does get to the point where String Theory sounds a little farther fetched than God.

SKennedy
09-13-2007, 04:55 PM
The problem is not with String Theory. It's when they start throwing in the yo-yo's that things get pretty complicated.
Hey Gayle, can you hear the broccoli scream when you throw it in boiling water? But does it enjoy the cheese bath?

heater451
09-15-2007, 09:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr>. . .I'll be the last to defend Vick but as Whopee Goldberg pointed out yesterday, dog fighting is prefectly acceptable in some environments, at least to the culture there. She said is was the South but it is more than that. I have heard of dog fighting in many parts of the u.s. and abroad and, to those people, it's like bull fighting to the Spanish. Now, good judgement would mean a guy like Vick should know better but, of course, this is a pro football player. They are not known for intelllegence, nor thoughtfulness and proper image planning. . . .

. . .I really think Vick shoulod be made to pay a very big fine that would benefit dogs and other worthwhile charity and allowed to play. Stupid and insensitive should not be a death sentence for a football player and I am certainbly not a fan. I do not watch pro football and could not have told you who he was or what color before the scandal broke. I just think we all want to punish people who are rich when they happen to be double stupid along with their wealth. I'd let him give $10 million to dogs and $2 million to Chopstick and call it a day. . . .<hr /></blockquote>There may be apologism for dog-fighting in general, due to it once have been an accepted means of income, and not a "sport". Plus, it could be argued that the dogs were held in much higher esteem, in times past, and that they were actually rewarded for their pains. However, while there may be some arguments about how bad dogfighting is (at least, in the past, "romanticized" view of it), there can be no forgiveness for the "alleged" torture and/or killing of the dogs by Michael Vick.

How would people feel, if Vick were beaten or electrocuted, if he didn't win a football game? Ironically enough, the dogs were apparently treated as badly as black slaves were, in times past!

And, looking at the example of the main thread here, we don't have to ask ourselves for the "why" of such events. We as a society should simply punish (and I don't mean "rehabilitate") those responsible, make a promise to never become jaded, or condone, such acts, and move on to the next thing.

============================

moblsv
09-15-2007, 09:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Very familiar with Tao. Ever read The Tao Of Pooh?
<hr /></blockquote>

Yes, many years ago. It seemed to me at the time that it came across as too disrespectful toward science, education and other religions while misrepresenting Taoism as being about being a simpleton. Am I wrong? Was I missing something? As I said, it was a long time ago that I read it.

Deeman3
09-17-2007, 07:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote heater451:</font><hr> .<hr /></blockquote>There may be apologism for dog-fighting in general, due to it once have been an accepted means of income, and not a "sport". Plus, it could be argued that the dogs were held in much higher esteem, in times past, and that they were actually rewarded for their pains. However, while there may be some arguments about how bad dogfighting is (at least, in the past, "romanticized" view of it), there can be no forgiveness for the "alleged" torture and/or killing of the dogs by Michael Vick.

How would people feel, if Vick were beaten or electrocuted, if he didn't win a football game? Ironically enough, the dogs were apparently treated as badly as black slaves were, in times past!

And, looking at the example of the main thread here, we don't have to ask ourselves for the "why" of such events. We as a society should simply punish (and I don't mean "rehabilitate") those responsible, make a promise to never become jaded, or condone, such acts, and move on to the next thing.

============================ <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">I have no reason to apoligise for dog fighting as i have never participated nor even observed the activity. I was just saying that maybe we should take a second look especially if we are, as a society, now deciding to let child molesters off with 24 day sentences or out and out probaion and rapists and murderers off with very light sentences. It seems we are going to now have another round of O.J. bashing as he looks for the real robbers in the recent Las Vegas breakin.

Vick is an idiot but these days you can kill humans with pretty much no hassle so why don't we have th same concern over the humans? This story has more traction than the several NFL players involved in shootings and murders of people. </font color>

Chopstick
09-17-2007, 10:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote moblsv:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Very familiar with Tao. Ever read The Tao Of Pooh?
<hr /></blockquote>

Yes, many years ago. It seemed to me at the time that it came across as too disrespectful toward science, education and other religions while misrepresenting Taoism as being about being a simpleton. Am I wrong? Was I missing something? As I said, it was a long time ago that I read it. <hr /></blockquote>

I think Taoism is widely misrepresented. Star Wars really sold it short. It does bother me a little when I see this happening. I never talk about it though.

If God or all the Gods showed up tomorrow in down town New York and were proven to be real, it would not change my point of view of the world at all. Whether they exist or not, either way is fine with me. I don't think it's right for people to say and do bad things to each other because of it. I don't think any God would agree with that.

Gayle in MD
09-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Good post, Chopstick. It wouldn't change my view either.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
09-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Long time ago for me, also. I read it to my daughter long ago. I can't remember having that same reaction though.

What do you think are the major philosophic differences between Taoism, and Buddhism? Just curious.

Gayle in Md.

heater451
09-21-2007, 03:50 PM
BTW, Deeman, I was not 'calling you out', as an apologist for dogfighting. In fact, I tried to word my post in such a way as not to do that, but I evidently didn't do so well.

I was just trying to say that an argument could be made, at one time, that dogfighting was acceptable.

As for the judicial system, well, it's just as messy as the political system. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

===========================

Deeman3
09-24-2007, 08:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote heater451:</font><hr> BTW, Deeman, I was not 'calling you out', as an apologist for dogfighting. In fact, I tried to word my post in such a way as not to do that, but I evidently didn't do so well.

I was just trying to say that an argument could be made, at one time, that dogfighting was acceptable.

As for the judicial system, well, it's just as messy as the political system. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

=========================== <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">
Agreed! </font color>