PDA

View Full Version : Another new guy..

Rackum_n_Crackum
09-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Hi guys (and gals) I just wanted to take a second and introduce myself..

My name is Scott, I'm from N.E. Ohio, and have been playing pool for most of my life.. I played on a league years ago, but now I prefer to shoot with my friends in any one of our basements... In fact, all winter long, myself and about 6 or 7 of my friends do a traveling basement league.. It's a lot of fun..

Nothing against league play, but I just got tired of the bar scene and decided to take a break..

My other passion is muscle cars, I own a 1969 Chevelle SS396 and love to drive it like I stole it..

dg-in-centralpa
09-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Welcome! Hope you enjoy it here. You'll also find that many of us have/had muscle cars. I had a '60 vette but it needed to much time, money, and TLC and I had none of the above, plus I needed money and that was the quickest way to get some.

DG - wish I had it back

sack316
09-13-2007, 01:44 AM
glad to have ya aboard!

Sack

Cornerman
09-13-2007, 07:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rackum_n_Crackum:</font><hr>
In fact, all winter long, myself and about 6 or 7 of my friends do a traveling basement league.. It's a lot of fun..<hr /></blockquote>I guess you'd need 6 or 7 guys, moving that basement around and all...

Hope this helps,

Fred &lt;~~~ would be stunned

Rackum_n_Crackum
09-13-2007, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Deeman3
09-13-2007, 08:57 AM
I'm so old, I actually owned that very car in 1970. It was my second car and I loved it. At the time, it was everything I thought it would be. YOu can jump a coke bottle with the front tire, but it costs a tire if you don't quite make it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

dg-in-centralpa
09-13-2007, 12:04 PM
How long did you live in York,PA? Were you there when they still had the dragstrip on Rte. 30? I used to go there several times a year. It was an airport then a dragstrip, then an airport again. I saw all the big names there. This was back in the mid 70's.

DG - used to hang out at Maple Grove Dragway as well

Deeman3
09-13-2007, 12:13 PM
I was in York for two years but didn't get out much. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif ...except for pool. I spent 75% of my time there on airplanes from here to parts unknown. I was VP of a manufacturing company with plants in York and Mt. Joy but spent most of my time trying to build international business for them. I made it two years without running over a buggy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rackum_n_Crackum
09-13-2007, 12:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> I'm so old, I actually owned that very car in 1970. It was my second car and I loved it. At the time, it was everything I thought it would be. YOu can jump a coke bottle with the front tire, but it costs a tire if you don't quite make it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Then I guess you'd like to see a pic, and I'm thrilled to oplidge /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3571/cb1zi8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3571/cb1zi8.0f4c8ff220.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=526&amp;i=cb1zi8.jpg)

Or here's a better one...
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6733/2007acesregionalwq6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

MikeM
09-13-2007, 01:04 PM
Sweet ride!

Welcome to the board!

MM...wishing I had my '67 Mustang back. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Deeman3
09-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Scott:

I'd say mine was just as nice back in the day but I would be fibbing. That is a nice automobile, friend. I did make the mistake of having the black paint with the black interior, not a good idea in the Summer in Memphis.

Highway 51 South, before Elvis ruined it....and Bob Dylan sang about it (or was it 61 he sang about?) only a couple of miles apart anyway....Spiderman, 1970 Shelby Drive chasing Chopstick through the Voodoo lands. No, The Spider rode alone.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

dg-in-centralpa
09-13-2007, 04:51 PM
Sorry you missed the action, it was fun. The buggies are definitely a hazard when your racing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

DG

dg-in-centralpa
09-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Nice toy! Any more? I had a '69 sportster as well as the corvette. One too many close calls with the bike and it had to go.

DG

SKennedy
09-13-2007, 05:07 PM
Real Sweet car. I'd trade my wife for her in a heart beat! On second thought, I wouldn't want to do my wife any favors! Seriously though, very nice car!!

SKennedy
09-13-2007, 05:11 PM
Trap shooting is nice, but do you have an opportunity to put in time for real bird hunting? If not and you have the desire, bring that sweet car down here and we'll go duck hunting. We can also shoot pool but must warn you we don't have basements in the south. As Gayle can attest, us southerners are smart enough to learn how to build something over a hole in the ground...hence no basements.

Rackum_n_Crackum
09-13-2007, 06:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Nice toy! Any more? DG <hr /></blockquote>

Na, one's enough for right now (until I win the lottery) I do have a couple of four wheelers though for a little fun in the mud /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rackum_n_Crackum
09-14-2007, 09:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr> Real Sweet car. I'd trade my wife for her in a heart beat! On second thought, I wouldn't want to do my wife any favors! Seriously though, very nice car!! <hr /></blockquote>

Please send pics of the wife /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SKennedy
09-14-2007, 12:08 PM
Uh Oh! That deal just fell through....
The car is much better looking. It has less rust on it than she does.

Rackum_n_Crackum
09-14-2007, 02:37 PM
Fair enough.....If I was going to get a new wife, she'd have to be a "late model" anyway, lol

SKennedy
09-17-2007, 09:16 AM
You'll never guess what I drove in and got to drive last night. An old hiogh school buddy dropped by the house to show me his latest car. 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner? I think called Super Bird? 426 hemi? Has the big fin on it and the long nose. It's a sweet ride. 50,000 miles on it and it's like showroom new....what a hoot! We woke up the neighborhood with it!!

dg-in-centralpa
09-17-2007, 11:23 AM
Tell him to take care of it. Those Super Birds with the Hemi's are quite valuable.

DG

SKennedy
09-17-2007, 11:30 AM
Correction...make that a Super Bee. Yes, it was very expensive to say the least! I did not feel comfortable driving it, but still fun!

Rackum_n_Crackum
09-17-2007, 01:45 PM
You were right the first time, it's a Super Bird, and it's may very well be worth more then my HOUSE!! I hope you were careful /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deeman3
09-17-2007, 01:58 PM
I thought I remembered it as a Super Bee as well. Oh! Well, the memory is not what it used to be.

Where's my keys?

SKennedy
09-17-2007, 02:11 PM
He told me he paid about $160,000.00. However, a co-worker claims that some go as high as $500,000.00. All I know is that a vehicle like that can get "away" from you real quick. I came in last night all pleased with the car and myself and my wonderful kill-joy wife proceeded to let me know how we (guys) are just children and some of us never grow up. And her point is.....?

dg-in-centralpa
09-17-2007, 03:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr> I came in last night all pleased with the car and myself and my wonderful kill-joy wife proceeded to let me know how we (guys) are just children and some of us never grow up. And her point is.....? <hr /></blockquote>

My wife would be in heaven after a ride like that. We were cruising in my vette while dating, and I got into a drag race through town. I apologized to her afterwards for doing it, but she actually loved it. Maybe you can trade the wife for a car.LOL Every man needs a toy to play with. She's right tho'... we just never grow up.

DG - never going to grow up

SKennedy
09-17-2007, 04:16 PM
The problem is she did not ride in the car. Actually, the real problem is that I didn't ask her to ride in it. Heck, will I ever learn?

dg-in-centralpa
09-17-2007, 06:52 PM
Take her for a ride and maybe she'll let you get one.

DG

SKennedy
09-17-2007, 06:58 PM
I bet if I had that kind of money I wouldn't have to ask.

dg-in-centralpa
09-17-2007, 07:10 PM
Even tho the Super Bee/Bird is out of your price range, get a 60's muscle car. They have a sound and feel all their own. How about a Milwaukee vibrator(Harley)? These do wonders for the women as well. One ride in either and they are hooked. Been there done that....

DG - saving for another vette

SKennedy
09-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Interesting thing about that Super Bee. When I closed the car door, it was the same feel and sound as my grandmother's (yes, you read that right) 1967(?) Dodge Coronet 440. It was eerie and the memories came flooding back.

dg-in-centralpa
09-18-2007, 05:42 AM
Reminds me of Jan &amp; Dean's "Little Old Lady from Pasadena." /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DG

Rackum_n_Crackum
09-18-2007, 08:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr> Interesting thing about that Super Bee. When I closed the car door, it was the same feel and sound as my grandmother's (yes, you read that right) 1967(?) Dodge Coronet 440. It was eerie and the memories came flooding back. <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, I love slamming the deck lid (trunk) on my Chevelle, it has that solid metallic sound that only classic cars have..