PDA

View Full Version : Adult posts

07-27-2002, 10:00 AM
I've seen an awful lot of sex talk here on the CCB from both men and women. Some of it has gotten downright raunchy. I think you folks who think you need to publicly display your sexual knowledge, know-how, innuendos, etc., should probably just send each other e-mails and keep it private. Either that or join an adult message board where that topic is acceptable. It is not acceptable here. Every time I read one of those posts, I think of the kids who love pool who may be reading this board.

Please folks, take it somewhere else.

Fran

Tom_In_Cincy
07-27-2002, 10:26 AM
Speaking, as if childern were present is always a good idea.

Troy
07-27-2002, 10:47 AM
I've said this before and I'll say it again.....

Use the same language on a forun that you would use with your 12 year old Daughter, your Mother, or your Grandmother.

Troy

BLACKHEART
07-27-2002, 12:56 PM
I agree Fran...THANK YOU FOR SPEAKING UP...JER

07-27-2002, 02:34 PM
Hi Fran,
I totally agree with you! Even if kids are not reading this,... THIS is a billiard discussion board, plain and simple!

07-27-2002, 03:01 PM
Fran, your post was perfect. There is a time and place for such behavior but this forum isn't it. It tells lot about character and class. Both low! Wonder if they may be ones who complained about Earl?

SPetty
07-27-2002, 05:34 PM
That's why, Fran, I sent the extinction of stick people graphic to Stickman a few months ago via Personal Message rather than posting on the board. I thought it was hilarious, but kinda risque. I remember Troy's admonition - Post as if your child and/or your mother is reading... That's a good rule of thumb for all of us...

Voodoo Daddy
07-27-2002, 05:44 PM
Ok...I'll stop saying @%#&^!@ and *%#^$&*!@^# but I will always say @!#%$^&*, ok? HAHAHAHAHA, ,your right Fran...we should keep it clean.

07-27-2002, 06:51 PM
Thank you, Fran!

07-28-2002, 08:40 AM
I agree Fran. We should protect the DROVES of kids who come here on a regular basis from the horrible language that has been displayed on this board lately. While we are censoring the board, we might as well take it a step further and censor language at the pool halls too.

Get a grip Fran. Don't use children as shields! If you have a problem with the language used on this, or any other forum at least have the guts to push your morals based on their own merit. It is not our responsibility to protect other people's children. It is each parent's responsibility to protect their OWN children. When my kids are on the internet, I'm right there beside them to make sure they are not exposed to anything I think is unfit for a person of their age/maturity.
In a nutshell, the "protect the kids" argument is weak and lazy. From your posts that I have read, you seem like a reasonably intelligent person. I'm sure you can make a better argument than that. Give me one GOOD reason why we should censor ourselves and I'll join the fight.

Q-guy
07-28-2002, 09:30 AM
I think you are reading too much into her comments. There is a time and place for things. Nobody wants to censor anyone, but people should know what is appropriate and what is not themselves. Everyone has their own values.

Nostroke
07-28-2002, 09:36 AM
After Fran's post, I tried to find some of these offensive posts. After a boring 15 minutes, i had found one post that contained some fairly pathetic sexual banter. Im sure there must be more but it seems far from epidemic.

Personally, i'm not interested in seeing these type of posts on this board but i have to agree that we would not be saving many children. If kids were here, Im sure many of them couldn't resist posting and I haven't seed much evidence of that at all.

Though not particularly pertinent- I think the average age on this board may be north of 40.

07-28-2002, 10:11 AM
I disagree, Q-guy. I don't think I read anything into Fran's post. Her post was quite clear.

"It is not acceptable here."
"Please folks, take it somewhere else."

That is clearly a request for censorship. There are many different people that come to this board from many different backgrounds. Behavior and language that is offensive to one just might be aceptable to another. Nobody is guaranteed the right to never be offended. However, we are guaranteed the right to speak our minds unless it causes some real harm to another.

Vapros
07-28-2002, 10:15 AM
I have to agree with your post, for several reasons. This is not about censorship, really, but rather calling on the posters to choose a better time and place for any comments that aren't about pool. And it gives me an excuse to bring up my pet peeve about this forum.

When I find a thread whose caption indicates a pool subject that interests me, it's pretty frustrating to discover that only two or three of the twenty posts are actually concerned with the topic, while all the rest are personal communications between individuals who should have opened a new thread, or better yet, taken advantage of the feature that allows us to contact a person privately.

If you're not talking pool, please don't post under a pool heading.

Troy
07-28-2002, 11:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: DragonSlayer:</font><hr>
That is clearly a request for censorship. There are many different people that come to this board from many different backgrounds. Behavior and language that is offensive to one just might be aceptable to another. Nobody is guaranteed the right to never be offended. However, we are guaranteed the right to speak our minds unless it causes some real harm to another. <hr></blockquote>

No, Fran's post is clearly simply a request to temper language. Being guaranteed the right to speak one's mind is NOT a license to demonstrate an inability to be civil. Foul language is just a demonstration of a person's LACK of communication capabiliies and common decency.

Troy...~~~ Post as if your 12 year old Daughter, Mother or Grandmother were reading it.

07-28-2002, 11:43 AM
"Being guaranteed the right to speak one's mind is NOT a license to demonstrate an inability to be civil."

Actually, it is. Why? Because what your idea of what is civil might not be the same as someone else's.
I'm occasionally offended by people I think are idots. But I'd gladly stand beside them and fight for their right to be idiots.

Troy
07-28-2002, 12:19 PM
I don't really care what kind of language YOU use in the presense of YOUR Daughter, Mother or Grandmother, just be CIVIL to other's.

Troy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: DragonSlayer:</font><hr> "Being guaranteed the right to speak one's mind is NOT a license to demonstrate an inability to be civil."

Actually, it is. Why? Because what your idea of what is civil might not be the same as someone else's.
I'm occasionally offended by people I think are idots. But I'd gladly stand beside them and fight for their right to be idiots. <hr></blockquote>

Nostroke
07-28-2002, 02:03 PM
Her post did not mention language at all, it mentioned "sex talk". It is the subject matter to which she is objecting.

Troy
07-28-2002, 02:38 PM
HUH ???

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Nostroke:</font><hr> Her post did not mention language at all, it mentioned "sex talk". It is the subject matter to which she is objecting. <hr></blockquote>

07-28-2002, 02:40 PM
Hehe. Gotta agree with you on that one Troy. Hard to dispute that logic. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Nostroke
07-28-2002, 02:44 PM
Where are Ed Koch and Lorri now?

07-28-2002, 07:30 PM
Here I am NoStroke!!! Ready to ride to your rescue any day!! Who's butt needs kicking? Who needs stuff explained/ comprehended for them?!
(Lorri is going WAY out on a limb here, being unsure that she herself comprehends anymore! LOL)

07-28-2002, 10:05 PM
"I've seen an awful lot of sex talk here on the CCB from both men and women. Some of it has gotten downright raunchy."

___so far, she's just expressing an opinion.

"I think you folks who think you need to publicly display your sexual knowledge, know-how, innuendos, etc., should probably just send each other e-mails and keep it private."

___she's getting bossy. scolding posters like she's the "grande dame of ccb". overseer of morality. hmmmm, maybe she IS. after all, she's a master bca instructor.

"Either that or join an adult message board where that topic is acceptable."

___REALLY BOSSY!!

"It is not acceptable here."

___isn't there a moderator here at ccb who has final say on what is acceptable here?

"Every time I read one of those posts, I think of the kids who love pool who may be reading this board."

___funny, i never see any cherubic angels who love pool enough to watch a tournament much less this board. what unspoiled kids? and the older "kids" have heard, seen, and done it all.

"Please folks, take it somewhere else."

___polite bossy.

07-28-2002, 11:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lorri:</font><hr> Here I am NoStroke!!! Ready to ride to your rescue any day!! Who's butt needs kicking? Who needs stuff explained/ comprehended for them?!
(Lorri is going WAY out on a limb here, being unsure that she herself comprehends anymore! LOL) <hr></blockquote>

i'm willing to put XXX in the header for any posts i plan on making which are lewd and lacivious, which, by the way, would be a great name for a band. (thank you dave barry)

dan...?!

07-29-2002, 04:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Troy:</font><hr> I've said this before and I'll say it again..... Use the same language on a forun that you would use with your 12 year old Daughter, your Mother, or your Grandmother. <hr></blockquote>I think you need to be a little more specific in your example. In the low to mid-income/welfare ridden part of the inner city I live in, the parents curse at the kids from the time they are infants, and the kids start cursing back to their parents and grandparents around age 9. In somewhat better areas, due in no small part, I believe, to the school busing/integration, the common speech of 7th and 8th graders make this forum sound like a church service. Just be present when and where an intermediate school lets out to hear the foulest language going, although some of these kids don't curse directly at their parents as much.

I support this threads originators premise. I hope there are children somewhere who have yet to be exposed to this kind of language and sexual innuendo, especially by women. The ones that are come from homes that have moral inclinations more in line with my own. They also probably don't let their kids watch evening entertainment television, and many radio programs which are rife with moderate vulgarity and heavy on the sexual innuendo.

07-29-2002, 04:50 AM
Quote: DragonSlayer: Give me one GOOD reason why we should censor ourselves and I'll join the fight.
Here's one: A general vulgarity is usually used as a substitute for the use of a clearly considered and expressed word. It stems from laziness in thought and speech; and it diminishes the quality of language and the expression of thought.

I don't advocate censorship, but I appreciate beauty in any of it's forms, including the use of language, one of the things that separate humans from animals, along with the ability to make fire and use tools. And like those two other things, it can be used well or poorly, for good or for evil. Language has the potential to inspire or discourage, to bring hope or despair, to motivate or provoke, to teach or obscure, to convey truths or lies, to reward or punish, to entertain or induce boredom.

Good writing and speech can be a thing of beauty. The use of unnecessary or gratuitous vulgarity works against that.

Kato
07-29-2002, 06:58 AM
XXX is the name of Vin Diesel's new movie. Don't worry, it'll be on DVD in a month.

Kato~~~doesn't believe x-treme games psycho's become special agents over night, usually it takes 2 nights.

Rich R.
07-29-2002, 07:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rich:</font><hr> Quote: DragonSlayer: Give me one GOOD reason why we should censor ourselves and I'll join the fight.
Here's one: A general vulgarity is usually used as a substitute for the use of a clearly considered and expressed word. It stems from laziness in thought and speech; and it diminishes the quality of language and the expression of thought.

I don't advocate censorship, but I appreciate beauty in any of it's forms, including the use of language, one of the things that separate humans from animals, along with the ability to make fire and use tools. And like those two other things, it can be used well or poorly, for good or for evil. Language has the potential to inspire or discourage, to bring hope or despair, to motivate or provoke, to teach or obscure, to convey truths or lies, to reward or punish, to entertain or induce boredom.

Good writing and speech can be a thing of beauty. The use of unnecessary or gratuitous vulgarity works against that.
<hr></blockquote>
Ain't that the truth! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
All kidding aside, you make a very good point.
Rich R.

bluewolf
07-29-2002, 07:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Vapros:</font><hr> I have to agree with your post, for several reasons. This is not about censorship, really, but rather calling on the posters to choose a better time and place for any comments that aren't about pool. And it gives me an excuse to bring up my pet peeve about this forum.

When I find a thread whose caption indicates a pool subject that interests me, it's pretty frustrating to discover that only two or three of the twenty posts are actually concerned with the topic, while all the rest are personal communications between individuals who should have opened a new thread, or better yet, taken advantage of the feature that allows us to contact a person privately.

I have to agree with this. I have found that people from different countries/cultures have humor that is acceptable in their culture but seems vulgar or profane to many of us.

For that reason, I think this needs to be spelled out rather specifically.

We are actually talking about three things here.

1)what type of humor and language do we want off the board but pvt.

2)if something is unpool related to change the thread from a pool sounding topic to a topic which is unrelated to the pool thread

3) and if someone is telling jokes to indicate that in the heading and keep it clean : not mentioning sexual anatomy or jokes meant as cut downs of individuals or a particular sex for example

these are just some ideas which are up to the group to decide.

bluewolf

bluewolf
07-29-2002, 07:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: DragonSlayer:</font><hr> I agree Fran. We should protect the DROVES of kids who come here on a regular basis from the horrible language that has been displayed on this board lately. While we are censoring the board, we might as well take it a step further and censor language at the pool halls too.

Get a grip Fran. Don't use children as shields! If you have a problem with the language used on this, or any other forum at least have the guts to push your morals based on their own merit. It is not our responsibility to protect other people's children. It is each parent's responsibility to protect their OWN children. When my kids are on the internet, I'm right there beside them to make sure they are not exposed to anything I think is unfit for a person of their age/maturity.
In a nutshell, the "protect the kids" argument is weak and lazy. From your posts that I have read, you seem like a reasonably intelligent person. I'm sure you can make a better argument than that. Give me one GOOD reason why we should censor ourselves and I'll join the fight. <hr></blockquote>

I am no child, I am a 50 year old woman but some extreme vulgarity I am nor particularly interested in saying. I would never tell someone what to say, but I do not like jokes that are sexist, for example. Light bantering is one thing but calling someone a whore or making reference to their vagina in my book is unacceptable.

I am only one person and a new one at that. I think that it is a good thing that this is being discussed. Whether it is voted on or not, I think most of us would honor the desires of the majority of the people here.

bluewolf

07-29-2002, 07:41 AM
&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: rich:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; ,,,
&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

i have no idea what thread this all refers to but that's an old
argument. a vulgar word makes precisely the impact for
which it was intended. and unintentionally, it is a reflection
of the user. therefore it has a purpose in any case. we are not
linguists and we don't have to assume a "responsibilty" to the
spoken word. common folk speak the language of the
"streets".

and why does everyone say "i'm not against censorship BUT,,,"

07-29-2002, 07:48 AM

bluewolf
07-29-2002, 07:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: DragonSlayer:</font><hr> "Being guaranteed the right to speak one's mind is NOT a license to demonstrate an inability to be civil."

I'm occasionally offended by people I think are idots. But I'd gladly stand beside them and fight for their right to be idiots. <hr></blockquote>

Good quip,also: "everyone has a right to be as ignorant as they choose"

but really, if vulgarities, sexual putdowns are going to be accepted and considered that person's right, then I have a right to flame them. and people here dont want flame wars. that makes this kind of thinking kind of a double standard. if someone calls me a whore, or says things about my vagina, i will flame them. and if you guys dont want any censorship, then just as they have a right to be vulgar, then i have a right to flame.

think about them apples!!

bluewolf

Sid_Vicious
07-29-2002, 07:58 AM
How can y'all who defend Fran's statements dodge the force in those two sentences. They are exact and meant to dictate(imo.) sid

Lester
07-29-2002, 08:00 AM
In a nutshell, the "protect the kids" argument is weak and lazy. From your posts that I have read, you seem like a reasonably intelligent person. I'm sure you can make a better argument than that. Give me one GOOD reason why we should censor ourselves and I'll join the fight. <hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;I suggest we use Fran's post as a challenge that raises the "bar" on our posts. If we want the CCB to be better than the other boards, this is a positive step in the right direction. It's pretty easy to respond with vulgarity to get your point across. I don't think we care about spelling or grammer, but we should encourage "thoughtful", "intelligent" posts that say what you want without the (unnecessary) profanity or sexual reference. JMHO ****Lester****

07-29-2002, 08:04 AM

07-29-2002, 08:05 AM
OK, OK....I'll tell you the REAL reason I posted what I did. You're right, I don't care about the children. Their parents should take care of that, after all, they always do, right?

The real reason is that I'm frigid and I'm jealous of all of the great sexual minds who post here.

Fran

bluewolf
07-29-2002, 08:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> Way to go Fran. I have felt all along that someone had to say something about some of the vulgar things that have been said on this site. Thanks for speaking out. <hr></blockquote>

well the solution seems pretty simple. if someone is unduly vulgar,call em on their stuff and like really gang up on them . and if it is directed at one person flame the h out of them. really make em suffer. yeah. thats the solution &lt;G&gt;

bluewolf

Rich R.
07-29-2002, 08:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr>well the solution seems pretty simple. if someone is unduly vulgar,call em on their stuff and like really gang up on them . and if it is directed at one person flame the h out of them. really make em suffer. yeah. thats the solution &lt;G&gt;

bluewolf <hr></blockquote>
I think a flame war may just add to the problem. JHMO. Rich R.

bluewolf
07-29-2002, 08:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fran Crimi:</font><hr> OK, OK....I'll tell you the REAL reason I posted what I did. You're right, I don't care about the children. Their parents should take care of that, after all, they always do, right?

The real reason is that I'm frigid and I'm jealous of all of the great sexual minds who post here.

Fran <hr></blockquote>

LOL it doesnt take a mind to be sexual. it just takes certain anatomy and a person with such a low iq that they dont have a good vocabulary &lt;G&gt;

bluewolf

bluewolf
07-29-2002, 08:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rich R.:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: bluewolf:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;well the solution seems pretty simple. if someone is unduly vulgar,call em on their stuff and like really gang up on them . and if it is directed at one person flame the h out of them. really make em suffer. yeah. thats the solution &lt;G&gt;

bluewolf &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;
I think a flame war may just add to the problem. JHMO. Rich R. <hr></blockquote>

In case you did not get it. &lt;G&gt; or lol denotes humor

bluewolf

bluewolf
07-29-2002, 08:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> Or better yet, to ignore them for now, unless the CCB posting rules change. <hr></blockquote>

that is your right. but if someone is taking sexist potshots at me, i will defend myself.

i used to be a pushover. now i am an assertive, strong woman who deserves to treated with dignity and respect. and i demand that respect. and if someone intentionally disrespects me in a vulgar way, then watch out.

i am all here for pool, i love it more each day and i learn new stuff everyday, but i do not take insults laying down,unless they are kind of stupid and not worth responding too.

but i also do not have to flame. i can call em on their stuff and speak my truth. like i said, if they have a right to be vulgar, i have a right to call em out, if i choose to.

bluewolf

rackmup
07-29-2002, 08:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>I think you need to be a little more specific in your example.<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>

Please. You know what was meant when it was suggested that the type of language used should be the type you would use in the presence of your RESPECTED parents or Grandparents.

Those who curse at their children and who allow them to curse back at them are the very people this thread was directed at.

Any simpleton knows that it isn't customary or proper to direct profane language at their parents...EVER. Your attempts to disguise foul language as a form of "art" is almost as profane as foul language itself.

Perhaps those who feel the need to use this type of dialogue would be more at home at:

<font color=blue>www.trailerparkfoulmouths.com</font color=blue> OR
<font color=blue>www.ihavenorespectforothers.com</font color=blue>

Regards,

Ken (my opinion...and I have several)

07-29-2002, 08:31 AM
judging from the picture on this years calendar I would have to believe you on that one Fran.

07-29-2002, 08:33 AM
oh oh ...looks like someone didnt get any last night

07-29-2002, 08:34 AM
im still trying to figure out where these sex posts are .... and why hasnt anyone tried to cyber me yet?? :O(

07-29-2002, 08:34 AM
Oops! I got all caught up in my frigidity issues and forgot to make my point. Haha!

My point is, why can't this website be a place where both adults and kids can come to learn about pool? And...why can't we give parents a helping hand who maybe have to work and can't always be with their kids 100% of the time?

Fran

07-29-2002, 08:36 AM
this place is 1% learing about pool and 99% garbage if we cleaned up our acts this place would be like playpool.com

07-29-2002, 08:42 AM
hey when did i call you a whore??.... and im sorry but the word vagina is anything but nasty... in case you people havnt realized what year we are in yet my 12 year old kid learns more about these things from school then i knew before i was 17. Fran knows generally what the content of my posts are.. shes a big girl.. if she chooses not to open my posts she would likely save herself a little grief. That really goes to anyone else here too.

07-29-2002, 08:44 AM
not everyone wants to be a novelist

07-29-2002, 08:48 AM
Ha! I'm telling you, ain't it the truth! My shrink and I are working it out though. The shock of that photo has sent me into a tailspin, the likes from which I may never recover. Lordy, lordy.

Fran

07-29-2002, 08:49 AM
blue wolf why do you say in another post that you do not think that i have offended you but then you come here to say you are offended.

07-29-2002, 08:50 AM
glad you caught that as a joke fran

Rich R.
07-29-2002, 08:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Rich R.:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: bluewolf:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;well the solution seems pretty simple. if someone is unduly vulgar,call em on their stuff and like really gang up on them . and if it is directed at one person flame the h out of them. really make em suffer. yeah. thats the solution &lt;G&gt;

I think a flame war may just add to the problem. JHMO. Rich R. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Sorry, I'm familiar with "LOL" but not "&lt;G&gt;. Rich R.~~~computer illiterate.

07-29-2002, 08:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr> i learn new stuff everyday, but i do not take insults laying down <hr></blockquote>

what do you take laying down?

bluewolf
07-29-2002, 09:01 AM

Sorry, I'm familiar with "LOL" but not "&lt;G&gt;. Rich R.~~~computer illiterate. <hr></blockquote>

&lt;G&gt; means grin. &lt;VBG&gt; means very big grin

ROLF rolling on the floor
LMAO laughing my #ss off

In this medium,it is so easy to miss another's humor since we cant see their facial expressions or body language. if a person has a dry wit and the person reading the comment is kind of a serious type person, it is easy to have a misunderstanding. so i think LOL, &lt;G&gt; and &lt;VBG&gt; helps us to know when someone is being humerous.

Bluewolf

Rich R.
07-29-2002, 09:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr>

Sorry, I'm familiar with "LOL" but not "&lt;G&gt;. Rich R.~~~computer illiterate. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

LMAO laughing my #ss off

In this medium,it is so easy to miss another's humor since we cant see their facial expressions or body language. if a person has a dry wit and the person reading the comment is kind of a serious type person, it is easy to have a misunderstanding. so i think LOL, &lt;G&gt; and &lt;VBG&gt; helps us to know when someone is being humerous.

Bluewolf <hr></blockquote>
Thanks for the lesson. I am familiar with many of the notations that explain mood/emotion/etc. but there are also many which I am not familiar with.
Rich R.

bluewolf
07-29-2002, 09:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> blue wolf why do you say in another post that you do not think that i have offended you but then you come here to say you are offended. <hr></blockquote>

downtown,

sorry for the confusion. i sent you a pvt trying to explain the intent of both posts. i am new at this sending of pvt mail, so let me know if you do not receive it.

bluewolf

Kato
07-29-2002, 09:31 AM
Sounds to me like playground warfare. I doubt flame wars are the answer to solve any problems.

Kato

bluewolf
07-29-2002, 09:35 AM
I had a great weekend learning some new things about pool. I was so excited I couldn't wait to get back and tell you guys some of what I learned.

Then I caught up in this topic. I know, I did not have to read or respond to it, so now I think I will go back to reading about pool. Undoudetly I will learn somemore kool stuff.

bluewolf

heater451
07-29-2002, 09:45 AM
d0wnt0wn, from some of the recent exchanges I've seen, I'm sure that they've wanted you to "cyber" yourself. . . .

(The door was open. . . . /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif )

================

Kato
07-29-2002, 09:46 AM
I learned a few things this weekend too. It only took 1 year to figure out my amazing stupidity.

Kato~~~low end of the totem pole.

bluewolf
07-29-2002, 09:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> Sounds to me like playground warfare. I doubt flame wars are the answer to solve any problems.

Kato <hr></blockquote>

no flame wars do not solve the problem. i do think though that if this forum is going to be uncensored, then that applies to everyone.

cant see that there is a solution to this one.just wing it i guess and try to respect the desires of the group.

bluewolf

Kato
07-29-2002, 09:51 AM
You are correct Ma'am.

Kato

Rod
07-29-2002, 09:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr>

Sorry, I'm familiar with "LOL" but not "&lt;G&gt;. Rich R.~~~computer illiterate. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

LMAO laughing my #ss off

Bluewolf <hr></blockquote>

I'm not familiar with that expression either, however that is the reason for the smiley faces. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/blush.gif /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif /ccboard/images/icons/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

07-29-2002, 09:56 AM
who says i havnt?

07-29-2002, 10:04 AM

bluewolf
07-29-2002, 10:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> I learned a few things this weekend too. It only took 1 year to figure out my amazing stupidity.

Kato~~~low end of the totem pole. <hr></blockquote>

i practiced two of my favorite shots

1) the object ball is dead (and close) to the corner pocket.the opponents's ball is out from the rail just a bit, so you cant 'see' your ball. the cb is behind the ob about a foot. so the rail, to the left, i hit the cb onto the rail so it comes out at the right angle and hits the ob into the pocket.

when the ob ball it off to the side a bit, rather than dead center, the ob hit the rail not going in. so now i need to learn the right english to compensate for this.

2) 8 ball is just touching the tit on the side pocket. the cb is behind the 8, close to the rail. i am aiming the 8 at the other tit. i hit the 8 with cb with a thin cut and an outside english. the 8 spins and falls into the pocket.

3)then i started practicing bank shots. i worked with the angles, diamonds, when and when not to english. i worked on three basic banks: side to side, same side corner to corner, rail to far same side corner. i was starting to figure it out. just need to keep doing it until i get it exactly right.

the way i fugure it out is this: if i pick one shot and keep doing it over and over, correctly what i am doing wrong in the process, until i am 90% on that shot, then move onto the next shot.

also learned something i can do to improve my cut shots.

bluewolf

bluewolf
07-29-2002, 10:12 AM
when you hit reply, look at the drop down list under post icon. it is just above where it says post

bluewolf

07-29-2002, 10:37 AM

07-29-2002, 10:39 AM
Come to Florida. We'll thaw you out.

Hey, that sounds like a pretty good state slogan.

Rod
07-29-2002, 10:46 AM
type smile between the symbols, what ever their called. [ ]

Kato
07-29-2002, 10:48 AM
Yeah Fran, Voodoo and I want you to come to Florida to.

Kato

bluewolf
07-29-2002, 10:51 AM
/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

bluewolf
07-29-2002, 10:53 AM
/ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif

hey this really works

Rod
07-29-2002, 10:54 AM
/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

bluewolf
07-29-2002, 12:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> blue wolf why do you say in another post that you do not think that i have offended you but then you come here to say you are offended. <hr></blockquote>

Looks like I owe downtown a public aplology. When we were bantaring and he said something about vagina, I did not take it personally because we were playing and both of us knew we were playing.

When in an earlier post today I referred to the vagina thing/re censoring, it was a bad example because it caused confusion and gave the impression that what he said upset me.

I was trying to make a point that in an uncensored forum, everybody has a right to a voice.

Sorry, downtown, I boobooed.

bluewolf

heater451
07-29-2002, 12:52 PM
Here is the UBBCode link for the CCB: http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/faq_english.php?Cat=#html

In the 'early' days of bulletin boards and chat apps, smileys (or "smilies") were invented to add emotional inflection (hence, the 'legitimate' name of "emoticons").

Since only text was allowed, they were created from punctuation marks and letters, such as the basic colon and end parenthesis : ) . Nowadays, most apps have some kind of translator, like here, which interprets the colon/parens as /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif . Alternatively, many have dropdown selections.

Also, some chat "tags" were invented in chat's, such as the &lt;G&gt; (grin) and &lt;VBG&gt; (very big grin) that bluewolf posted. I believe the lol/LOL and ROTFL/ROTFLMAO were sometimes set off with angle brackets as well.

07-29-2002, 04:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> im still trying to figure out where these sex posts are .... and why hasnt anyone tried to cyber me yet?? :O( <hr></blockquote>

You and me both, d0wnt0wn.

07-29-2002, 04:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fran Crimi:</font><hr> OK, OK....I'll tell you the REAL reason I posted what I did. You're right, I don't care about the children. Their parents should take care of that, after all, they always do, right?

Fran <hr></blockquote>

hahahaha! Now this Ladies and Gentleman, is the best example of dry wit you'll ever see! If you could see Fran's face right now, it would be expressing SEVERE sarcasm!
Fran, your morals, as always, are commendable, and your point valid, but is this really a problem here? Am I just not reading these posts that are so objectionable, or am I so hopelessly degenerate myself that I can't see the problem? I won't go into the "in comparison to other sites" argument, because the other sites I've been to are so profane even I cringe! However, I've never seen anything like that on this board, except for that one disgusting exchange between bluewolf and d0wnt0wn which involved an awful lot of anatomy best left undescribed! (Sorry guys, but that was far beyond the pale)
I'm frankly far more concerned with the gleeful butchery of spelling and grammatical rules that occurs here on a daily basis. Where were the guardians of the children then?!!! LOL Oh yeah, they were teaching them!
BTW Fran, I'm not trying to be flip or insulting here, so I hope you don't take offence.

07-29-2002, 04:53 PM
Great post, Lorri. No offence taken at all. I guess sometimes I just crave attention.

Eeyouch! Oooch! Eeeech! Ahhhhch! Eyaiiiii!!!!

Fran ~~~ walking on hot coals.

07-29-2002, 04:55 PM

07-29-2002, 05:01 PM
Actually, both are legitimate spellings meaning the same thing. Just wondered who would bite. /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif
(And Voodoo thinks he's the only one causin' chaos!! LOL)

07-29-2002, 05:09 PM
Sigh.

I didn't notice how you spelled the word. I thought I was actually catching myself in an error and looked it up in the dictionary, and noticed that the primaray spelling was 'o-f-f-e-n-s-e" and the variant spelling was 'o-f-f-e-n-c-e', and I prefer the primary spelling for myself. I was correcting myself, Lorri, not you.

So, nobody bit your bait. Sorry.

Fran

07-29-2002, 06:45 PM
Duh!! Boy, sometimes I just amaze myself with my own stupidity!! Sorry Fran!

jjinfla
07-29-2002, 09:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> judging from the picture on this years calendar I would have to believe you on that one Fran. <hr></blockquote>
That was good - she left herself wide open. ROTFF. Anyone notice how bluewolf slipped in the words "vagina" and "tit"? And in porn films there are usually five times as many women in them than men? And the women are all pretty and Shirley Temple types? Gotta watch out for those Shirley Temple types they tend to be sex maniacs. And would you believe that last night when I turned on the radio they were talking to a 17y/o male about oral sex? followed by a 19 y/o female. It's a whole new world. But sex is popular as evidenced by Fran's wanting to talk about it and all the responses to her comments. Gotta go now and see if I can find where my wife hid my viagra. &lt;VBG&gt; Jake /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif/ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif/ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif

07-30-2002, 12:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: jjinfla:</font><hr>
That was good - she left herself wide open. <font color=blue>ROTFF</font color=blue>. <hr></blockquote>

Hmmm... never seen that one before, JJ. Rolling on the floor farting?

LOL,
Steve

Voodoo Daddy
07-30-2002, 02:07 AM
I'm the master of Chaos...well Downtown, Rackmup and Troy help, opps...HAHAHAHAHAHA! I stayed far away from this post until now because I really dont have anything to add except this. We speak online like we talk on the street, but not like we talk to our mothers...get my point? Tell me all your sex stories via e-mail, you cant offend me{I might learn something} but dont blurt it out on CCB...thats my 2 cents

07-30-2002, 03:06 AM
lol

07-30-2002, 07:23 AM
I have rolled on the floor farting before... I had just gotten back from skyline chili in Cincinatti. On the way back I packed on 12 White Castle hamburgers.

oh the cramps

07-30-2002, 07:30 AM

Kato
07-30-2002, 07:33 AM
Skyline Chili, yummy. We've got 1 down here that is a landmark. I've been eating there for 25 years.

Kato~~~~thought we were the only one's Skyline

07-30-2002, 08:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: whitewolf:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Way to go Fran. I have felt all along that someone had to say something about some of the vulgar things that have been said on this site. Thanks for speaking out. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

given that this thread is reaching epic porportions and keeps being popping back to life with the enthusiasm of freddie kruger, it occurs to me that the "subject" has never been explained. the villagers have their torches lit and their pitchforks sharpened but we've not been pointed to the monster.

perhaps the originator of the thread would care to paraphrase, deleting the disgusting foul language and paraphrasing the explicit and graphic references to preserve the tender sensibilities of our younger readers, of course.

it only seems fair.

dan

well the solution seems pretty simple. if someone is unduly vulgar,call em on their stuff and like really gang up on them . and if it is directed at one person flame the h out of them. really make em suffer. yeah. thats the solution &lt;G&gt;

07-30-2002, 08:27 AM
As others have admitted, the messages in the "fun thread" were not outstanding in a bad sense. What we have here is one spec of a site on the internet where pool players come to talk to other pool players. Short of being filthy mouthed, I think we can handle the entirety of the recent humorous posts "and then some." TV blasts youth FAR beyond anything we talked about here, and most kids would be guffawing at us for all this fever stirred "to defend their virgin eyes."

I am personally embarrassed over our reactions to all of this. If the profanity filter does not flag real profanity, then I say the message is perfectly acceptable. There is more suggestive material in almost any prime time evening TV show, and if the parents allow their kids to surf the net unregulated, "I sincerely doubt that we have, or will bruise their virginity with our simple witticism"..sid

Wally_in_Cincy
07-30-2002, 09:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: houstondan:</font><hr>
given that this thread is reaching epic porportions and keeps being popping back to life with the enthusiasm of freddie kruger, it occurs to me that the "subject" has never been explained. the villagers have their torches lit and their pitchforks sharpened but we've not been pointed to the monster.

perhaps the originator of the thread would care to paraphrase, deleting the disgusting foul language and paraphrasing the explicit and graphic references to preserve the tender sensibilities of our younger readers, of course.

it only seems fair.

dan
<hr></blockquote>

Well some drunk feller called dOwntOwn a little b**** the other night. Maybe that's it?

I have to go polish my balls now,
Promising to not PUI anymore,
Sincerely,

07-30-2002, 10:12 AM
OK, then. Fair enough.

Those of you who have the perserverence to sit through this, pull up an easy chair, grab some lunch...you won't need your TV for awhile because I'll provide the entertainment...OK, here we go.

First, I'll say that I wish I could pull some of this stuff up from the archives, but I can't seem to get anything other than Feb. 2000. Even if I could eventually figure out how to do the search, I think I'd have a hard time deciphering through all the posts in order to find specific examples. But I'm sure as others know, they happened. I'm not making this stuff up.

Now, to briefly take a step back...Houston Dan and I have a history together. I seriously doubt that anyone here knows him as well as I do and I'm sure he knows me more in depth than anyone else, as well. Our friendship has has it's ups and downs, nonetheless, we are connected, whether we are speaking to each other at any given time, or not.

One of the traits that I admire most about Dan is that he is very, very clever. He is about as sharp as anyone I've ever met and I've met tons of people. He's an excellent people-reader, a trait which he used well as someone who worked side-by-side with the Mayors of Houston on a daily basis for over 20 years. People have said that it was really Dan who ran the City of Houston for so many years. I can believe it.

Now back to the present...Over the past month or two, I have been growing more and more concerned over the sex bantor on the CCB. It happens in spurts, usually triggered by one or two comments, and then it takes off and others join in. It really isn't worth it to start naming names and accusing people at this point. Hopefully those folks will think things through a little more next time before they post.

I've seen all too well how things can reach epidemic proportions here, and for awhile I was really disturbed by the stuff I was reading. I had a few e-mail exchanges with Dan on that where I expressed my growing concern. Up until two months ago, I never had a problem with or concern about sex bantor on the CCB. Sure, there was the occasional comment, (and sometimes humorously antoganized by Dan, others and even myself), but it was funny. We all laughed, it was done and we moved on.

However, lately, there are some posters who really love to "get at it" now, and frankly, for the rest of the posters, the more you see, the easier it is to get in on the action. If there's one or two odd posts here or there, they'll go away prettty quickly. But my sensitivity tells me that now, all it takes is one to get things started again and I really really don't want to see entire threads like that anymore, because, yes, kids can see that when it takes up a whole thread. And believe me, it's happened right here.

The old saying "out of sight, out of mind" may not be fool- proof but it helps.

So now, here's the real dirt. While everyone may think what triggered my comment was Sid's post, I wasn't bothered by it at all. I found it to be a dumb joke. However, Dan's post where he said, regarding a bike he used to have, "the girls used to like to ride on the back to feel the....um nevermind", well, no matter which way you slice it, it's loaded with sexual innuendo.

I felt betrayed by Dan, because I know that he knew how sensitive I am to that right now for my fear of getting something started with the group again. I'm sorry, but you guys have a history of jumping on the bandwagon, and Dan, knowing how I felt about it, went ahead and did what he has every right to do. He posted what he wanted to post.

So, that pretty much ended my friendship with Dan. But that's between him and me. And all of you now. HAHAHAHA!

So, some of my reasoning for the post was an emotional knee-jerk reaction, but most of it was me calling out to you guys to be more aware of it, as I have been for those months now.

Hey....you'll all post what you want. I know that.

Fran

07-30-2002, 11:25 AM
waht concerns me more about your attitude towards this fran is that most of the posts regarding this have been suggestive yes but almost none of them have been vulgar in any way shape or form.... you keep talking about kids possibly seeing this... kids see and hear 100 times worse stuff than this every day ..I dont even think my 12 year old would even flinch if I let him read here.. but the truth is.. how many 12 year olds do you know that post here anyways???..... you keep saying that YOU dont want to see this happen to this place.... almost in my opinion suggesting that you are the moral gatekeeper here... 99.9 of the people that post here are adults and typical adult behavior is to flirt.... sometimes there is no better way to break the ice with someone than to blurt a little provocative phrase to them to try and crack a smile when things have gotten a little tense...I too would not like to see people offering up thier phone numbers ffor phone sex here or anything like that but if i did see it I would just shake my head and move on to the next post (after writing the number down of course)....I think you have taken a very childish stance on this Fran much like I thought you acted childishly about your picture on that poster.... its just my opinion and I dont think any less or more of you for it.... but I would like to suggest that you grow up a bit... I hate to say that if you dont like the post than just move on but really what more can you do?... look at the excitement this post has gotten... I regularily start a post just to see how many people I can get mad enough at me to get 3000 hits from... I would have to say that judging by the responces on this thread and the amount of humor regading this subjuct that you are in the vast minority with regards to this subject... I have no need of a mother at this time fran... if in the future I need some moral guidance I will look you up.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-30-2002, 11:31 AM
I agree with you for the most part and your point is well made, but if you're really worried about kids reading this board I think your worries are unjustified. I honestly don't think any kids frequent this board and if they did this would be one of the safest places on the internet to hang out. IMO.
Anyway I don't think it's something serious enough to end a friendship over but then again it's none of my business so I may delete this later. I'm confused today. League ended at 1:15 a.m. /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif
Have a great day.
Sincerely and wearily,

07-30-2002, 11:43 AM
Well, I would think that you, of all people, would understand someone stepping up to the plate to state what they believe. You are not unfamilliar with that. I have not called you names or accused you of being childish as others have when you decided to speak your mind and stand up for what you believe.

Sorry, but I'm just standing up for what I believe, which just as anyone else here, I have a right to do. I'm not a moral gatekeeper nor am I a child.

I won't buy into the theory that because the majority does or believes something, it's OK. Look around you at the state of affairs this world is in. It's pretty clear to me that you're not happy with it either.

Pay it forward, Downtown.

Fran

Rich R.
07-30-2002, 11:54 AM
I won't pretend to know just how many kids frequent this board, but I would assume it is a very small percentage. If they are frequenting this board, I think we can assume they are interested in pool and spend, at least a little, time in pool rooms. I believe what they can read on this board is very mild, compared to what they hear in almost any poolroom. I don't say this to condone things that have been said here, but I just don't believe it should be a major issue. I, personally, have heard worse things while walking through a grocery store.
JMHO. Rich R.

07-30-2002, 12:30 PM
I'm sure you're right, Rich. There's a lot worse out there. But isn't it dangerous to say it's not that bad compared to other places?

I'm wondering why should we lower the bar just because it's less worse here than other places? How about being able to say it's really great here and raise the bar?

I know. It's unrealistic.

It's the same thing with the pool players. Everyone's so critical of some of the players' behavior but no one does anything about it, like impose penalties, fines and suspensions. I guess, though that they're not as bad as some of the other players in other sports so we accept it as something that could be worse.

Makes me think of Mayor Gulliani of NYC. He came into an adminstration where the city was in a shambles. He got tough to the point were he was being accused of turning NYC into a police state. He was accused of going overboard and that things weren't really as bad as he was making them out to be. He wouldn't back down until he cleaned it up, no matter what the critics accused him of. They said he was violating everyone under the sun's rights. Sorry, he said, I'm cleaning this place up. He persevered against the masses and restored a sense of pride in New Yorkers that we haven't felt in decades.

Fran

07-30-2002, 01:00 PM
sex is about as normal as the sun rising fran.... so what is it you believe in?? why is it that you feel that joking around in a sexual but clean friendly manner is harmful in any way shape or form? I would be hard pressed to go anywhere in this world where I would not find these kind of things going on on a daily basis...it happens in homes.. at work.. and guess what even in the playgrounds at school.... my question is why have you chosen this forum to try and preach your beliefs too?... if you truly belive in what you say and you are truly trying to rid this world of the incredible evil of sexually provocative conversations... why stop here at the ccb... heck ill even make you a sign to hang around your neck and ill buy you a bell to ring so people will see you and come from all over to hear your word..... ill look for you right beside that guy standing on the corner yelling to all of us that the end of the world is at hand.... im not calling you names fran i am just telling you how i think you are acting...... have I been childish and immature on here... YES many times.... but i can admit it.

07-30-2002, 01:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fran Crimi:</font><hr> So now, here's the real dirt. Dan's post where he said, regarding a bike he used to have, "the girls used to like to ride on the back to feel the....um nevermind" <hr></blockquote>Fran, it just goes to show you how everyone percieves things differently. I dislike some of the language that I've read here, but to put that in perspective, I dislike cursing in general. Interestingly, I didn't think Dan's bike comment was out of line. It is known amongst bike riders like he and myself that the phenomena is something that just is. I thought the way he said it was not overly graphic.

On another note, I percieve a guy making a flirtatous remark as normal (to some extent, and when done in good taste); but a woman being *overly* flirtatious as slutty. And I'm not asking for anyones approval on this or suggesting that everyone should agree with me, I'm just telling you how I feel.

However, when I thought about the bike comment after you brought it up, Fran, I realized that while I would have found it an appropropriate comment in an all male group, I would find it inappropriate in mixed company. I know sometimes, I forget there are woman around when discussing pool because it is so predominantly a male sport. I even forget sometimes in a pool hall when there is a group of guys and perhaps one girl.

bluewolf
07-30-2002, 01:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fran Crimi:</font><hr> OK, then. Fair enough.

However, Dan's post where he said, regarding a bike he used to have, "the girls used to like to ride on the back to feel the....um nevermind", well, no matter which way you slice it, it's loaded with sexual innuendo.

I felt betrayed by Dan, because I know that he knew how sensitive I am to that right now for my fear of getting something started with the group again. I'm sorry, but you guys have a history of jumping on the bandwagon, and Dan, knowing how I felt about it, went ahead and did what he has every right to do. He posted what he wanted to post.

Fran <hr></blockquote>

I am with you fran in not liking sexist jokes. but it goes beyond that for me. i do not care for jokes aimed at one particular group of people either.

i was once on a women's list and one women kept sending 'men bashing jokes'. now i think that that is just as unacceptable as men sending jokes depicting women as sexual objects.i did tell her what i thought and asked to be taken off her joke list.

i do think that many women and men do similar things when these types of jokes are being told. many will laugh even when they dont think they are funny wanting to be one of the guys or one of the girls. it is a far tougher course to stand up for what you believe in and express your opinion.it is easier to 'turn the other cheek' all while your gut is churning inside than to stand and risk rejection.

one thing about humor . everyone has their own type of humor.sometimes it is alfully easy to hit the send key before thinking about how it might affect the person on the other end.we all know that everyone here is a real person but i have seen some unkind things said in email groups and forums that would not happen face to face. when we make certain comments, we cannot see the person's crestfallen face, the tears in their eyes or the laughter if they thought it was funny.

that post would not have really bothered me but i might have thought the person was slightly chauvenistic. and oh how i used to hate chauvenists.over the years, while i do not like sexual innuendos, i do think if we are honest about ourselves, no matter how open and non judgemental we try to be, we are all sexist to one degree or another.if we are on a spiritual path, we try to rid ourselves of all form of bigotry but this is a process. i consider myself pretty open and i have worked hard to rid myself of sterotyping etc. i am way less biased then i used to be but i am not perfect. and being imperfect beings, we make mistakes.

when i feel offended by something someone said i tell them how i felt when they said thus and so and in general what i thought about what they said. this opens the way for communication.granted this is more difficult in an email forum, but not impossible.

i think at times whitewolf wishes i were not so assertive, that i would turn the other cheek, but i found out a long time ago that if someone says something that bothers me so much it is taking up real estate in my head, that i am not being true to myself unless i express how i feel. if i do not say how i feel, it keeps churning round and round in my gut and a resentment is formed. as a friend once told me 'resentment is the poison we take hoping the other person gets sick'

now lots of stuff doesnt bother me enough to waste my time on it.that is the good part. once i started standing up for myself and could look in the mirror and see a strong person, many things that used to bother me did not anymore. and often being honest to the person was all that was required to get that nasty feeling out of my gut, whether the other person agreed or not.

i do think it is good to discuss these things though so that everyone will know how everybody else feels.

censorship can open a can of worms worse that allowing people to post what they want. i was on a heavily censored group once (the same one with the flame wars). there were lots of rules and a couple of people making decisions about who should get kicked off and what their infraction was. being human, those who were liked got away with lots of stuff and those who werent liked were kicked off over almost nothing. so many people felt mistreated and the list became so beauocratic that it was almost like a mini dictatorship. and these flames were past nasty and i think brought on in large part by the list rules, certain people having too much power, and people feeling mistreated, etc.

well anyway i think the best course is to try to respect the desires of the group and if something really upsets you, tell the person how you feel.

bluewolf

07-30-2002, 01:10 PM
Nope. No can do, Downtown. I'm not a child, I'm not immature and regardless of what you say, I maintain my position with pride.

Fran

jjinfla
07-30-2002, 01:12 PM

it only seems fair.

dan

Hey Dan, You are good man. You missed your calling. You should be a writer. Jake

07-30-2002, 01:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: jjinfla:</font><hr>
Hey Dan, You are good man. You missed your calling. You should be a writer. Jake <hr></blockquote>

thank you very much for the nice words.

i was...ad copy, news copy, government press releases and other forms of fiction.

dan

bluewolf
07-30-2002, 01:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Nope. No can do, Downtown. I'm not a child, I'm not immature and regardless of what you say, I maintain my position with pride.

Fran <hr></blockquote>

Whether any of us agrees with you is immaterial. I admire your strength in continuing to stand up for what you believe in.

Now I think censorship would probably be worse than the jokes, but I do admire you for being true to yourself!!

bluewolf

stickman
07-30-2002, 01:27 PM
I haven't nor will I read all the posts in this thread. It seems to have stimulated a lot of discussion. Personally I prefer the pool related subjects. I have to admit guilt on at least one occassion that I can remember of late. Your point is well taken, and I'll resist the urge to engage in these types of discussion. /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

jjinfla
07-30-2002, 01:28 PM
Fran, You were offended by Dan's remark about a woman sitting on his bike? Better have a long talk with Carol, girl. Why my own mother, bless her soul, remarked that she lost her cherry while riding in a rumble seat. You know what a rumble seat is don't you? That was the back seat of an old model car. People sitting back there would be bounced all over the place. Yep, my mom would get upset when she was talking about losing her cherry. That was the very best part of the ice cream. What? You perhaps was thinking of something else. Shame girl. Jake

07-30-2002, 01:35 PM
Thanks for your comments, Rich, and bluewolf too. As with anyone, I respect your right to your opinion.

The last thing I will say on the subject (and then I'll leave it be) is that we can either raise or lower the bar. It's up to us. As bluewolf stated, the majority will rule, as it always does on a message board such as this where the webmaster doesn't feel it's necessary to intervene. That's cool. I have no problem with that.

Those who enjoy posting sexual innuendos will, I'm sure, continue to post and enjoy them with others who feel the same.

IMO, if one kid sees it, it's one kid too many so I don't expect that I'll be contributing to that.

Sorry if I've caused anyone anguish or pissed-off-ed-ness (LOL) over this topic. I'm sure it'll all go back to the way it was.

Now let's talk pool.

Fran

jjinfla
07-30-2002, 01:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Steve_Lipsky:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: jjinfla:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;
That was good - she left herself wide open. <font color=blue>ROTFF</font color=blue>. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Hmmm... never seen that one before, JJ. Rolling on the floor farting?

LOL,
Steve <hr></blockquote>

Is the word frig acceptable? Jake

bluewolf
07-30-2002, 01:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> Maybe because you are too easy (bluewolf). I just had to pick up the gauntlet for a second. <hr></blockquote>

are you talking to me or downtown?

bluewolf

jjinfla
07-30-2002, 01:55 PM
I don't want to raise the bar, nor lower it, I prefer to belly up to it. And Fran, the next time you are with your partner and are about to reach that wonderful passionate climatic moment don't think of this thread because you will burst out laughing and never be able to explain it to your partner. Jake

07-30-2002, 01:58 PM
Fran I have been meaning to ask you something... what color panties are you wearing?

bluewolf
07-30-2002, 02:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> Fran I have been meaning to ask you something... what color panties are you wearing? <hr></blockquote>

ROFL you are soooo silly!!!

bluewolf

07-30-2002, 02:21 PM

9 Ball Girl
07-30-2002, 02:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> Downtown, you head is always inside the box, or at least it wants to be /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif. Come up for some air and learn to think outside the box. <hr></blockquote>

Now what kind of fun would it be for us if his head came up for air? /ccboard/images/icons/shocked.gif

I'm sorry, I'm sorry but I could not help myself. /ccboard/images/icons/blush.gif

Wendy~~am ready for my punishment!

07-30-2002, 03:11 PM
OK Fran, let's raise the bar. Now whose scale shall we use? Do you see the problem with that? From your posts, I get the impression that you feel we should use YOUR scale. Some people that visit this board might suggest that your scale isn't high enough.
Arguably, gambling destroys more lives than sex. Using your argument, some kid might visit here and get the impression that gambling is a pleasurable experience. They might feel the need to experiment with it at an early age. Even worse, they might try it and find out for themselves that it pleases them greatly. We all know where that leads. More Gambling. If they gamble long enough somebody's going to get pregnant.
Shall we have everyone stop posting about gambling?

Again, whose scale shall we use?

07-30-2002, 03:52 PM
hahah you said box "vagina"

07-30-2002, 03:53 PM
I have no need for air :OP

CarolNYC
07-30-2002, 04:29 PM
Jake, I will respond:)
Having read Dans remark regarding woman sitting on the back of his bike, I felt he was suggesting that they were not ALWAYS holding him around his waist!Ask me if "I care?"Nope!-but if the post keeps going on and on with sexual comments, then its outta hand!Sure, I shout out Hugs,missyou's, take cares,stay wells,but,boobs,penises,vaginas-I think its ridiculous! This is SUPPOSE to be about pool and I know most posts wind up as a chat,but that just goes to show whats on peoples minds at the time!:)And sometimes its a nice change!I think its scary if someone consistently posts sexual comments(either about themselves or others)-they have serious issues to deal with!
Having ridden my own Harley for quite a few years, I no longer will ride "B*TCH!
Carol~likes to control her own bike!

Rod
07-30-2002, 05:14 PM
Carol,
I have something to share with you and others. A lady that I share Genealogy information with has a web site. I was not aware of it untill her email a couple of days ago. She has her family line traced all directions back to 1600's as I do. Her site is filled with information and and very well done. I am impressed with her reasearch and the site. Since it's in print on the web she has had several comments, all good BTW. People suggest she should be a writer. She has her likes and dislikes and issues which she comments on. I found this one hilarious as well as others. What does this have to do with sex talk, well nothing really other than being a little descriptive. It has absolutely nothing to do with pool, but we all need a funny story at times. I may have picked the wrong thread though!/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Thongs. I am not opposed to thongs. I know men LOVE thongs. And I know that thongs tend to be flattering. But men need to understand thongs from a female perspective. A piece of fabric up my butt. Does this sound comfortable for you? All my life I have been trying to avoid the sneaky and socially unacceptable wedgie. Then I grow older and I get requests to wear something that has been manufactured specifically to give me a wedgie. Sometimes a thong is needed, I will grant that. I have an outfit or two that I would prefer to wear a thong with instead of worry over panty lines. I will also wear a thong upon request, to make another happy. All I ask is that men take a moment to think about the discomfort of wearing a thong for an extended period of time. And I am aware that there are women who prefer thongs. I applaud these women and I hope to someday be just like you. For now, however, they still bug me. (P.S. - I'm getting used to thongs now, thank you.)

CarolNYC
07-30-2002, 05:25 PM
Rod,
LMAO-very,very good!Now, we all know Sisco's song on thongs and they ARE a very becoming item in fashion today!:) No more panty lines:) Your description is very vivid and Im ROFLMAO-but wedgies are not as uncomfortable as giving birth-try pulling your front lip over your head!:)

Carol~doesnt want Rod to really try!:)

07-30-2002, 06:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: CarolNYC:</font><hr> This is SUPPOSE to be about pool [/quote

says who???
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: carol:</font><hr>
but that just goes to show whats on peoples minds at the time!:)And sometimes its a nice change!<hr></blockquote>

so you like it only if it adheres to your standards?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: carol:</font><hr>I think its scary if someone consistently posts sexual comments(either about themselves or others)-they have serious issues to deal with!<hr></blockquote>

talking in a sexually provocative manner has nothing to do with serious issues... if people didnt flirt then people would never date.... a handsome guy in an office goes up to a woman and pinches her bum.. she kind of likes the man so its ok, next thing you know they are dating..... an ugly nerdy guy does the exact same thing but she does not like him and he loses his job. you are double standarding here carol..... your bar does not seem to be as high as frans is.

Q-guy
07-30-2002, 07:15 PM
You may be approaching a record with this thread. I remember one a couple years ago titled "jim in fla is an idiot" that went on for pages.

jjinfla
07-30-2002, 08:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Q-guy:</font><hr> You may be approaching a record with this thread. <hr></blockquote>

Well, it's summer, it's hot, people are bored with pool, no future for pool on TV, no real heros in this game, and we are all killing time until football returns to ESPN next week and we can watch some real athletes, and see some real action. But after reading the post about thongs I will have to do a study on how many women are wearing them while playing pool. And I wonder why I can't concentrate when I am at the pool hall. But the guy who has convinced women that thong swim suits are okay and the woman really isn't naked must be one hell of a salesman. Sorta like the emperor's new suit. And when you take you son to the beach and he asks you, "mommy, why is that lady naked?" What do you tell him? Jake

nAz
07-30-2002, 09:44 PM
thongs?? hmmm not that im complaining about thongs but how can women wear
them? Isn't it like getting a wedgies that wont go away?
anyway i know at least 4 girls/women who shoot pool and wear them. looks good on them except for this one woman who is well how shall i sat it...FAT? i mean that is a scary site errr

heater451
07-30-2002, 09:58 PM
This thing is long enough.

Thanks, in advance.

==================

Rich R.
07-31-2002, 05:12 AM
Fran, I don't think we should lower the bar. I believe every one on the CCB should be careful of what they put in print. We do not know who will be reading it. I try to be careful of what I write, heck, I look around a pool room before I say anything off color. But in this forum, I don't know how we can stop people from writing things we don't agree with. There is no way to punish those that don't conform with the groups standards. Since it has not been too bad, relatively speaking, I don't know why it has received so much attention. I don't think we need a "BIG Brother" type character looking over our posts and deciding what is acceptable. Nobody wants that. Maybe we should be thankful for a forum that is 95%, or more, clean and proper and ignore posts that are not. If the crude posters do not get the attention they crave, they may stop posting.
Rich R.

bluewolf
07-31-2002, 05:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Q-guy:</font><hr> You may be approaching a record with this thread. I remember one a couple years ago titled "jim in fla is an idiot" that went on for pages. <hr></blockquote>

we checked the stats. throwing the object ball is #1. this thread is #2 and gaining fast.

now personally, I think it would be a shame for a thread such as this to be ranked #1 instead of a real pool topic.

perhaps it is time to move on real pool stuff. i think all that needs to be said has been said. further responses on my part or that of others is some kind of perverse mental
self-stimulation.

bluewolf

07-31-2002, 02:56 PM
Quote: bluewolf: I think it would be a shame for a thread such as this to be ranked #1. ...further responses on my part or that of others is some kind of perverse mental self-stimulation.

Perhaps this thread is an indication that many consider talking with their pool buddies about things other than pool are just as worthwhile as discussing pool.

While I honor bluewolf's ability to know her own motives, it is incredulous that our lovely new friend can predetermine the mindset of others that might like to respond to this thread in the future.

Forums like this are expressly designed for the sharing of thoughts and ideas. Another call for censorship has been made, the 24 billionth one since man started chiseling words onto stones. As usual, it should be looked upon with a jaundiced eye.

This topic has only been on the board for four days. Should we assume all wisdom has been exhausted in that time?

Now should we debate whether the top ten list should be allowed to naturally reflect the boards interests, or should it be a pedestal manipulated to reflect what is determined to be appropriate? Better put that debate in it's own thread, or it will guarantee this one reaches first place.

I hope that anyone who wishes to contribute further insight to this discussion does not feel burdened by the shadow of frivilous accusations about their mental state.

Until the next cry for self-imposed or forum mandated censorship, (which should be sometime tommorrow), Best regards, rich

10-30-2002, 05:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fran Crimi:</font><hr> I'm not a child, I'm not immature and regardless of what you say, I maintain my position with pride.<hr></blockquote>I appreciate your sentiments. I can speculate that because you have had some children as students lately you are particular conscious of the subject.

However, it was a lapse of good judgment to bring up this subject on an adult forum. Your continued rebuttals are a publicists nightmare. This is why politicians have handlers, to keep them from sticking their foots in their mouths, and then from forcing it in deeper. It's not because they are bad people, sometimes they just tread publicly where no one should go.

Gosh darn it... get a grip on yourself, and get off this crap. Your going to cause yourself grief. Slimbow