PDA

View Full Version : NJ 2007 Straight Pool Championship

jackjr
09-17-2007, 01:27 PM
On September 28th through September 30th, Comet Billiards in Parsippany New Jersey is holding the 6th (2007) Jack Colavita Memorial NJ Straight ool championship.

My dad (Jack Colavita) passed away 2 years ago on 9/20, it is very heartening that his passion to revive the game of straight pool has continued in his name.

I thank everyone (including Bill Haley owner of Comet Billiards).. to continue the passion of my fathers legacy in continuing this great event.

I will be here on Friday September 28th with my Mom Lee and sister Cindy..

Hope to see all you straight pool buffs show up and support this great cause... Straight pool has begun to pick up some popularity and interest based on this years prestigious World Straight Pool Championship....

Keep the true game of champions alive.....

Thanks to all...

Sincerally, Jack Colavita Jr...

DSAPOLIS
09-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Thanks Jack! I reposted this over at the Azbilliards straight pool forum. The Pete Sinkler was just a few weeks ago - won by Danny Harriman - hopefully you can get the same strong field for this event also! Best of luck, let me know if you need anything!

Eric.
09-18-2007, 10:00 AM
Wow. It's been 2 years already?!

Hi Jack, hope all is well since the last (and first) time I saw/met ya.

I wish I could make the tourney this year, I';m outta town that weekend.

I'll also repost your post at insidepoolmag.com to see if we can get the tourney info to more people.

Eric

Snyder1
09-30-2007, 09:51 AM
I was there friday night ... Bill always runs a classy tournament. Quite an impressive field this year ...

JOhn

9 Ball Girl
10-01-2007, 09:30 AM
Tony R. defeated last year's champion, Thorsten H.