PDA

View Full Version : I'm so proud of us all!

07-27-2002, 12:44 PM
I just wanted to say how proud I am of all of us lately. In the past, we have eagerly taken up the gauntlet and endlessly debated the personal decisions of each other, and of the Pros in our sport, sometimes to the point of insult and beyond. When I heard about Busty's daughter, I was so saddened for him, but I also cringed a little inwardly. I thought for sure there would be an endless thread on why he should/should not have continued playing, what that said of his character, etc. Not a single soul commented on a very personal decision!!! Go, you guys!!! In fact, there have been precious few arguments here recently, despite the occasional taunts. Could it be that we've actually learned how to get along? LOL I prefer to think that, having spent so much time together, and with so many of us actually meeting face to face, we are starting to understand and respect each other more and more. I'm so proud to call myself a member of the CCB family!!! Makes the anticipation of the Open that much more sweet!! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Harold Acosta
07-27-2002, 01:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lorri:</font><hr> I just wanted to say how proud I am of all of us lately. In the past, we have eagerly taken up the gauntlet and endlessly debated the personal decisions of each other, and of the Pros in our sport, sometimes to the point of insult and beyond. When I heard about Busty's daughter, I was so saddened for him, but I also cringed a little inwardly. I thought for sure there would be an endless thread on why he should/should not have continued playing, what that said of his character, etc. Not a single soul commented on a very personal decision!!! Go, you guys!!! In fact, there have been precious few arguments here recently, despite the occasional taunts. Could it be that we've actually learned how to get along? LOL I prefer to think that, having spent so much time together, and with so many of us actually meeting face to face, we are starting to understand and respect each other more and more. I'm so proud to call myself a member of the CCB family!!! Makes the anticipation of the Open that much more sweet!! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

Lorri, with the great coverage provided by AZ Billiards and the World Pool Championship themselves, the reasons for Busty's stay at the tournament were clearly indicated for all of us to read; therefore, we understood, and the discussion ended right there, without bringing it up. There was just no plain reason to do so.

As to learning how to get along, it takes sometimes some understanding and comprehension..../ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif.

Your twin, evil, redheaded brother.....

Harold ~ has to admit Lorri has straighten me up a bit!