PDA

View Full Version : Check your stroke

wolfdancer
09-20-2007, 06:03 PM
or your swing
This is really software for a coach to check your "any" sports motions, golf, baseball, tennis, etc. I bought it mostly for golf, with pool in mind. As you review any recorded video, you can add lines, geometric forms, arrows....and even do a frame by frame playback.
Then you can store and save that file, and import it back in at a later date, and compare it side by side with your latest video. Should be an interesting app to play with
This is just the Coach's edition, middle of the price range, the many extra featured Instructor's version was priced out of my SS check's range.
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/438/09202007163848rr4.png

Scott Lee
09-21-2007, 05:33 PM
Jack...This looks very cool. It might be something that I'd like to add to my arsenal of teaching tools. I'll be doing a pool school soon with your buddy Tom, and I bet he might be interested in this too. Please PM or email me the website that has this product.

Scott

wolfdancer
09-21-2007, 06:54 PM
Scott, for half price, I picked up a copy for Tom...I'm waiting for some feedback from him....by the time you guys set that school up he should have some experience with it.
After watching the Cue-Tech staff in LV do the tape reviews, I got interested in sports analysis software...did a trial with V1, and Swing Practis..but settled on this one.
This coach edition is way more then I need...they had a lite
home version at lo cost, which was probably good enough for me...but I've checked this out, had Tom in the back of my mind, and think it would be very useful for his tape reviews.
It works very well with any DV camera...which I don't have. My DVD camcorder records in MPEG...the DV in MJPEG...and all I know is that J makes all the difference.So I have to use converter software to get my video in. I may just go buy a DV camcorder, and make life easy....
I have inputed easily with my cheap USB Intel Webcam,also inputed live video from my tuner card....(I might just tape Barry Bonds swing on TV, analyze it, and send him my suggestions to improve) maybe he'll send me some of that stuff he uses, and I can begin hitting 300 yd drives...
My suggestion would be to try out the app in Tom's laptop...and if you think the more expensive Instructor's version $399, would be worth the investment...get someone to go in with you, and the second copy is only half price...
www.motionprosoftware.com/ (http://www.motionprosoftware.com/)
Let me know, will you, if this app. does help.
By the way, you can dl a free trial for the home version...get familiar with it...but I think you need the Coach edition, and up... for any serious work.
Scott, I just looked again at all this would do...and I overlooked something that might be more important for a fast sports motion like baseball, tennis, of golf..but amazingly, this will convert your video to 60FRS. Cameras record at 60fps, but the video is shown at 30 (frames per second)...this means you can get a smoother showing in
slo mo ...There's another program out there that absolutely requires 60fps web page (http://thegolfsystem.com/) but that really is for Golf. I didn't check that out, except to ask a few questions about it, and he explained how the 60fps improves the video.

pooltchr
09-22-2007, 05:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Jack...This looks very cool. It might be something that I'd like to add to my arsenal of teaching tools. I'll be doing a pool school soon with your buddy Tom, and I bet he might be interested in this too. Please PM or email me the website that has this product.

Scott <hr /></blockquote>

Scott,
Let me know what you decide. I have been considering something like this myself, and if getting two copies saves money, I may be interested in doing it as well...I would imagine Randy and several others might want to take a look at it too.

Wolf...can you send me a link to their website?
Steve

Scott Lee
09-22-2007, 10:42 AM
Thanks Jack! Tom and I were going to do a pool school next weekend, but he had to go out of town...so we're rescheduling for January. He didn't mention this new software program, so I'll ask him about it. I emailed the company, and expect to hear from them on Monday. Thanks for the info.

Scott Lee

wolfdancer
09-22-2007, 12:46 PM
Steve, can't help but think that this would be a great adjunct
to any taped video lesson.
The ability to draw lines, etc...even change the colors,add text, a circle, square, rectangle, arrows..to focus on any glitch in one's delivery... adjust the playback rate...and being able to store these videos for future reference...that was the selling point for me. Since photos, videos, though take up a lot of memory...I'd also get something like an external HD, for about $100, as much as you guys would be using this.
There may be better stuff out there...I googled "sports analysis software" tried a couple first, before i settled on this...at only $89....top of the line package is $399.
I'm wondering if after Scott checks it out...it would be useful enough for negotiating a multi license deal with the authors?
www.motionprosoftware.com/ (http://www.motionprosoftware.com/) and you can try the home version for free.