PDA

View Full Version : bad start to the weekend

heater451
09-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Well, you can file this under: "Just had to say".

I had to take both my cats to the vet, for the last time today. They were only 7 years old, but one was diagnosed with a "congenital brain defect" several years ago, and the other started showing the same symptoms about 2 years ago. My wife and I probably tried to hang onto them for a little longer than we should have, since they were having trouble keeping to the litter pan. But, they didn't show any symptoms of pain, and only recently one started having problems keeping food down, so considering that, and some other external reasons, the final decision was made. And we decided that they should go togther, and we stayed with them to the end.

They were Siamese, the most "dog-like" of cats", and sisters from the same litter. They also had the sweetest personalities, and we were lucky that they were beautiful on the outside as well. They were never de-clawed, yet never popped their claws in anger, even to the dogs, although one would occasionally express a muted growl, when pissed off. That one actually loved to be held, and was so trusting, that I could toss her a couple of feet in the air, and catch her without her freaking out. The other preferred to lay on my lap, and would come to the bed in the morning to wake me up, and then "chat" with me, when I got out of the shower.

I could not imagine better cats, and already miss them greatly. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks, for reading.

==================================

pooltchr
09-22-2007, 05:04 AM
I can feel your pain. I have had to have 2 cats put to sleep on two different occasions. Both times, we went to the vet, who let us hold them after administering the shots. I cried like a baby both times, while they passed in my arms.
Hang in there.
Steve

Wally_in_Cincy
09-22-2007, 09:35 AM
That is understandable that you "had to say it".

Been there.

I know where you're coming from. A pet's love is something special.

Gayle in MD
09-23-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be thinking of you.

Love,
Gayle

Deeman3
09-24-2007, 08:36 AM
Our relationship with animals says more about us than anything we can say about ourselves. Although not a cat person, I have seen these animals provide friendship and companionship to many people who, otherwise, would be alone. My wife being an animal lover has caused me to have to have animals put down over the years and it is, while necessary, never easy. However, there comes a time when you just don't want to see them suffer anymore.

Our prayers and with you.

Chopstick
09-24-2007, 09:10 AM
My condolences on your loss. Mine was with me for 17 years. They leave a big hole in your heart when they are gone. However the thought of kittens someday may raise your spirits some.

Sid_Vicious
09-24-2007, 06:54 PM
I am very sorry to hear the bad news. I had both of my dogs put down within the same year, and if it wasn't for my two inside cats, I would have gotten another dog by now. One cat is a Siamese, the other a Heinz57 I've been lucky, the siamese is 13 and the other is about 8 as far as I can tell. Enough about me and my pets, I feel for you Friend. sid

heater451
09-27-2007, 07:50 PM
Thanks, to those of you who offered condolences.

I'm sorry, that I kinda let this thread go unanswered until now, but I find myself either busy, too tired, or simply not in the mood to go online.

I've always loved dogs and cats, but these were the first I could actually call "mine". Their personalities were incredibly good, and I am very thankful to have had them in my life, short as it may have been.

Peace, everyone.

==============================

SKennedy
09-29-2007, 04:02 PM
Just got back from Colorado and catching up.....
For those of us that fuss at each other on here about politics, I just want you to know you have revealed your true colors and hearts. I too love dogs and cats.
Sorry about your loss.