PDA

View Full Version : FERROMAGNETIC DOUBLE QUANTUM WELL TUNNEL MAGNETO-R

Chopstick
09-26-2007, 04:03 PM
FERROMAGNETIC DOUBLE QUANTUM WELL TUNNEL MAGNETO-RESISTANCE DEVICE

A ferromagnetic double quantum well tunnel magneto-resistance device which can obtain an infinite tunnel magneto-resistance ratio with a required bias voltage by utilizing a 2-dimensional electron (positive hole) system, a high sensitivity sensor utilizing the device and a nonvolatile memory device utilizing the device. A ferromagnetic 1st quantum well layer (4) and a ferromagnetic 2nd quantum well layer (8) in which carrier quanta are confined in 2-dimensional electron (positive hole) states are held between nonmagnetic barrier layers (2, 6 and 10) through which tunneling is enabled. By providing a difference in coercive force between the 1st quantum well layer (4) and the 2nd quantum well layer (8), magnetization of only one of the quantum wells is reversed by external magnetic field. When the magnetization directions of the two quantum wells are in parallel with each other, the tunneling is enabled and, when the magnetization directions of the two quantum wells are in reverse-parallel with each other, the tunneling is prohibited, so that the infinite tunnel magneto-resistance ratio can be obtained.

<font color="blue"> I WANT ONE!</font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
09-26-2007, 06:03 PM
Is that anything like a "flux capacitor"...?

Chopstick
09-27-2007, 09:10 AM
I have never thought about what a flux capacitor might be. Maybe I will someday.

I like messin around with infinity tunnels. I am going to build some within the next year. What if you had an infinitely long tube and held it up and looked into it. What would you see? You would see that infinity has an end. The end you are holding in your hand.

The end of infinity. A self conflicting statement, yet it exists. A more common example would be the statement "If god is all powerful, can he then make a weight so heavy the he cannot lift it?" Such statements induce logical paradox loops in the conventional mindset. Most people will dismiss these and just say God can do anything and this is ridiculous.

The puzzles can be resolved. You just have to be willing to change your point of view and try new ways of thinking about things.

moblsv
09-27-2007, 11:29 AM
http://technology.newscientist.com/article/dn12696-quantum-chip-rides-on-superconducting-bus.html