PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Allen Dies?

Q-guy
07-27-2002, 08:57 PM
While I was in New Orleans There was some talk about Ronnie Allen Dying. I thought I would read something on the net when I got back, but I haven't seen anything. Was wondering if it is true. By the way, I saw Weenie Beanie and he is not dead as was reported some time back.

07-27-2002, 09:02 PM
When was it you heard Ronnie Allen had died? I just saw him a few weeks ago, he seemed to be fine, knockin back the beers and playin alot of pool. -ontheroad

Q-guy
07-27-2002, 09:06 PM
It would have been Sometime last week. I heard it on Thursday and Danny DiLiberto who told me said it had been just a few days earlier.

07-27-2002, 09:11 PM
that would be a shame if it were true. Hopefuly it's just a rumor.

Voodoo Daddy
07-27-2002, 09:14 PM
Hey Q...Ritchie Florence died a month or so. I hope Ronnie didnt pass as well...I'm gonna use my "detective" skills and call "Airport" out west. Will know more in a awhile

Q-guy
07-27-2002, 09:21 PM
Airport may know. You should have seen Danny at the show. He was telling stories and entertaining everyone. Not many characters left like Danny.

Troy
07-27-2002, 09:38 PM
I just tried to call Tony Annigoni (8:45PM West Coast) but no answer. He will probably call me back. I'll see what I can find out.

Troy

07-27-2002, 09:45 PM
Q-guy, i just sent you a privat message, let me know if you get it, i believe i capitalized the "g" so i don't know if you will recieve it, oops!

Voodoo Daddy
07-27-2002, 09:51 PM
I put an A.P.B. out on "Airport"...he should call soon enough. So Danny was center stage? He is one of the last colorful guys left from that era no doubt. Hey Q....am I ever gonna see you in Hollywood on Tuesday nights, ever?

Scott Lee
07-28-2002, 02:07 AM
Troy...I saw Tony sitting at the door, as I was unloading some cues. I thought to myself he looked a little distraught. I wonder if maybe this was true. What did Ronnie die of?...a heart attack? I just saw him in May in Vegas and he looked fine.

Scott

Troy
07-28-2002, 08:31 AM
Tony didn't call me back, probably because he's at the BCA Show. I haven't heard anything more than what's been posted here.

Troy

Troy
07-28-2002, 11:35 AM
I just spoke with Tony Annigoni who is at the Trade Show in New Orleans. Tony told me he also heard the rumor about Ronnie Allen but was unable to get any confirmation from anyone.

Troy...~~~ Ronnie Allen, the "Ayatollah of One-a-hola"...

Vagabond
07-28-2002, 06:25 PM
Howdy folks,
I ran into him in Vegas in May and he asked me`` are u going to play me atleast this year? This has been going on for three years between Ronnie and me.I have been dodging him while waiting for a right moment.I do not think he died and hope he did not.Ronnie this sip is for u,cheers.
Vagabond

07-28-2002, 06:32 PM
Let's hope that Sam Clemens' words will once again ring true here..."Reports of my death have been greatly exagerated".

07-29-2002, 12:26 AM
You can usually hear Ronnie Allen barking at everyone whenever he is around. This shouldn't be to hard of news to find out. He's a little hard to miss.

07-30-2002, 10:10 AM
I spoke to Tony Annigoni at the show, either on Friday or Saturday, and he said it would have to have been within the last two or three days of the show, since he had talked with Ronnie just within the past week or so. But I haven't found anybody who can positively confirm or deny either. GF

Retardo
07-30-2002, 12:28 PM
With the "pool community" being what it is-small and close-how can we not have a definite on this? There cant be more than "one degree of separation" among us all. Throw in the internet and the passing of 5 or 6 days now, this isnt making sense.

BillPorter
07-30-2002, 07:28 PM
Hey, Retardo, I was thinking exactly the same thing. Ronnie Allen, legendary pool player & prototype pool hustler. One of the greatest (if not THE greatest) one-pocket players of all time. And maybe he died a week ago and no one that reads this board knows for sure??? I'll bet Bill Stroud would know; somebody give him a call.

ted harris
07-30-2002, 07:59 PM
Airport Steve?

Sally
08-07-2002, 11:17 AM
And is there still no confirmation or denial of this rumour?

Cueless Joey
08-07-2002, 11:21 AM
Rumors of Allen's death might have been exaggerated. :-)
Some people even said he was shot. Word is he's in Vegas right now. He should be hanging around the big tournament two weeks from now.

08-07-2002, 02:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Sally:</font><hr> And is there still no confirmation or denial of this rumour? <hr></blockquote>

Not dead. He just smells that way. Bill's friend

Voodoo Daddy
08-07-2002, 06:31 PM
I got the news from Danny Diliberto yesterday evening that Ronnie is still alive. He told me that Ronnie was forever being confused with Ritchie Florence, who is sorry to say dead. Danny said he called L.V. and confirmed that Ronnie is alive

Q-guy
08-07-2002, 06:48 PM
Glad to hear it. Years ago there was a rumor Danny had been shot and killed, somewhere I don't remember. In a few days we found out it was not true. I was really relived, not only because I happen to like Danny, but he had borrowed my Gina cue and had it with him.