PDA

View Full Version : Pool Party's

Stretch
10-01-2007, 05:56 AM
We're haveing a weekly Pool party at my house now that I've got a great playing home table. YA WHOOOOO!!!!!

It all came about when i called up my buddy to come over and play a few racks. He plays in a few different leagues like myself and is a real avid player. Anyway so we're setting things up on the phone when all of a sudden his wife comes into the room and i'm overhearing her letting him have it " your not going out again tonight! We never spend any time together, your always taking off and leaving me home alone,blah blah blah....there was a pause and he commly said, did you hear that? i said yep, dosn't sound like a good night eh? Nope. So we said our goodbye's.

I told the story to my wife and just like that she says well why didn't you invite Cara over too? (his wife) I like her, we could have had a good time while you guys are in the basement. Then i thought Well if that's the case, why don't we call Steve and Brenda as well and we'll have a kind of diner party and play some pool after. So that's what we did and everyone had a blast! So now we get together every Thursday evening. Everyone brings over food and drinks, we have a great sit down meal. The Lady's do thier thing up stairs and us guys go down stairs to play pool. We rap things up kinda early, around 9 or 9:30 but that ok for a week night. So everyone is happy. God i'm spoiled now. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Later all. St.

dg-in-centralpa
10-01-2007, 06:02 AM
Sounds like you ahve the makings of a good "In-House" league. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Good food, good drink, and good pool. What else do you need? Good music?

DG

Rackum_n_Crackum
10-01-2007, 07:23 AM
Sounds like a good time to me....

Greg in VA
10-01-2007, 10:26 AM
We've been doing that at my place for several years... Minus the wives by THEIR choice.....

Since the 4 of us guys like to play 9-ball, to increase the frequency of getting to the table for all here is what we have come up with:
A form of scotch doubles... Each teammate gets TWO consecutive shots (assuming he makes his first). So on your first shot you are playing shape for yourself, the second, shape for your partner....
We all throw a little cash in the jar, play races to five. We record the score of that set and rotate partners and shoot another race.... At the end of the evening the INDIVIDUAL with the most total games won gets the cash...

It is a bunch of fun.... not too serious, yet the pressure of shooting shape for you partner and leaving him as HE would like it vs. how YOU would like the shot make one think differently. The reason for 2 shots vs traditional Scotch Doubles with alternating shots is to let the individual develop a bit of rhythem. We've REALLY enjoyed this format. It really only works if all are close in skill but that is us!