PDA

View Full Version : NJ Sues Bush, The Compassionate Conservative

Gayle in MD
10-02-2007, 12:03 PM
<font color="red">I guess it's beyond his silver spoon mentality for him to make the connection and understand what it is like for average Americans to be gouged at the pump, gouged on their utility bills, gouged at the grocery store, and gouged for pharmeceuticals and health care for their children. Kind of like people who can't draw a line between Prick Cheney, having secret oil deals, and Oil CEO's and Corporations racking up the greatest profits in history, while Americans are gouged every time they buy gasoline.

Too bad it took us so long to see the handwriting on the wall. Saddam was not our greatest threat. George Bush was.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif</font color>

wolfdancer
10-02-2007, 12:30 PM
Gayle, I have to disagree with your conclusions here...sorry, since we usually do agree, especially about our beloved President, and a certain unnamed poster here, who would never fit that adjective ....
".....George Bush was." This is totally wrong......!!!
it should read "....George Bush is...."

Gayle in MD
10-02-2007, 12:45 PM
I stand corrected, sweetie. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have a feeling my list of total ignores will be growing due to the recent re-emergence of yet another sarcastic, Republican, who is unable to handle the shame connected with having voted twice for George Gush and Prick Cheney. Void of humility for having taken part in, and supported such a mindless infraction against the best interests of America, arrogance, insults, and denial, are the only tools they have left, although Gush, is making yet another attempt at resurrecting FEAR for political purposes, in an effort to make it up to Republicans for causing mass suicide in the Republican Party.

Hey, I always knew their exploitation of the religious right, would come back and bite them in the ***. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BTW, Hillary just broke all her previous fund raising records in the last quarter, and many well known former Republicans, are now supporting her, and speaking out against Gushonomics, and Prick foreign Policy, and many of them are progressive business leaders. I guess they finally figured out they can't keep the bottom line up when 90% of the country has lost their spending power. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Love,
Gayle

wolfdancer
10-02-2007, 01:01 PM
I moved somebody up from my double ignore, to my triple ignore list......
There's an old saying that once you begin name calling, insults, personal attacks.....you not only lose the argument, you lose credibility. This **** lost any credibility a long time ago...but incredibly keeps on trying to win through personal attacks.....
Might be the heat from the Fla sun...or the knowledge that Global warming and the rising seas, will eventually make that state the new Atlantis.....
What, Me Worry!!
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/-/7/alfredwbush.jpg

eg8r
10-02-2007, 01:09 PM
LOL, I love seeing you stick your foot in your mouth.

Here is the first part...
[ QUOTE ]
There's an old saying that once you begin name calling, insults, personal attacks.....you not only lose the argument, you lose credibility. <hr /></blockquote> You follow that great advice with this... [ QUOTE ]
This **** ... <hr /></blockquote> So, I guess you have lobbed yourself right on in the same group. Then you finish with this... [ QUOTE ]
but incredibly keeps on trying to win through personal attacks.....
<hr /></blockquote> Are you saying chatting back and forth with you on this board is a game? No one is trying to win anything.

Just for the record, this was not a personal attack it was merely pointing out the hypocrisy in your foolish statement. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
10-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Hey, it's kind of funny reading all that concern out of the south about teaching kids what to eat! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Two weeks in the south, and you have to drink vinegar for a month to cut all the grease out of your system! I've always heard that plenty of fruit and veggies, washed, clean and ready to munch on, and setting a good example by exercising with your children, was about the best you can do for insuring health and happiness, for yourself, and for them.

You know, my daughter works out everyday, has never had a weight problem, and she hates junk food. I always served home made deserts after dinner. If the rule is no TV while eating, kids don't indulge in mindless munching.

But, back to Bush....I'm putting him on my total ignore list, too. I keep thinking that if Iran really has nukes, he'll probably attack the Marianna Islands, instead.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pooltchr
10-02-2007, 06:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>
Two weeks in the south, and you have to drink vinegar for a month to cut all the grease out of your system!
<font color="red"> Once again, you show your ignorance, biggotry, and uninformed position that you are superior to anyone who lives in a warmer climate than you do. You think your S--t doesn't stink! I hate to break it to you, but your nothing but an uninformed snob. </font color>
You know, my daughter works out everyday, has never had a weight problem, and she hates junk food. I always served home made deserts after dinner.
<font color="red"> Thank you, Martha Stewart! Maybe I was wrong. Maybe you really are better than all the ignorant red neck, overweight, beer drinking, NASCAR fans. Maybe....but I really don't think so. </font color>
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>
<font color="red"> I've never put anyone on ignore, but if I did, you would be the first. Only problem, I would miss all the train wrecks!
Steve </font color>

Vapros
10-02-2007, 11:58 PM
I hope Hillary is nominated and elected. A number of our most prolific posters will soon lose interest in the examination of the president and this forum might be fun again.

I hope all the wussies are hunkered down in ditches until this is over.

DickLeonard
10-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Vapros like I say with all the rightwing warhawks the armed services should be bulging at the seems. War is for the poor, they have nothing to do but collect food stamps and welfare. Populating the country will welfare babies. The rich have better things to do.

Age is no problem anymore, warriors are getting killed well into their 50s. I hope Eg8r your reading this.

Dependents would kee you out of service but not anymore. I read of a father with 5 dependents shipping out.

Type your name on an enlistment form and sign it. Take Steve with you.

I am the charter member of this forum, we were on post 500 when I signed on. It has gone thru many changes before it evolve to what we have now. I regret that it has been taken over by people who only insult and never post anything anything of value.####

eg8r
10-03-2007, 08:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Type your name on an enlistment form and sign it. Take Steve with you. <hr /></blockquote> Why so you can continue your lies with no one to reel you back in?

I still have yet to see your name on a ballot or in a single Presidential debate. Be the big man and jump in the race. By the way, let Gayle run on your ticket, I am sure between the two of you and all the books you have read you will be a shoo in. Just don't let Gayle do any of the PR.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
10-03-2007, 08:27 AM
Good Post dear. It is a bit hilarious, isn't it? Even jokes are twisted into hateful attacks, lol. These poor souls have been so thoroughly exposed for their poor judgement, personal attacks are all they have left. I'm glad I don't have to live with being a voter who contributed to installing the worst President, and Congress, in history. All their attacks on Democrats, over the years, and it has been proven that their party has in recent years, been worse, and then some. Perverts in Bathrooms, unprecedented spending and debt, last I heard over 8 trillion! Bribes and secret, hidden governments. A party that lags seriously behind Democrats in campaign contributions, and whose most respected Statesmen, are outraged over its attack against the Constitution, and the very spirit of American Principles. Known for torture, stealing, and sex scandals, LMAO!

Anyone who travels to the South, and doesn't notice all the grease in the food, must have a waist line like Rush!

People who can't write an informative post, and get their kicks from insults, and name calling, preching from the bible! The most hateful posts written on here, are offered by the right, but disapproval of vast waste of money represented by their furor, equals hate speak.

Bottom line, they're desperate. Let them sling their relentless attacks, it's all they have left. Amusing, but far from centered, reasonable, or capable of reasoned responses.

General Betrayus didn't present the true statistics on the deaths. Blackhawk loses 9 every day. If you were't shot from the right angle, they didn't count it. Bush has privatised the fighting, and most in Iraq, are making a profit in private industry. I'm sure their thrust is to end the war, and win hearts and minds, when they made over a billion so far.

Now, let's see how these partiots react when Congress presents legislation for a War Tax. They will be screaming about having to pay as they go for this war, instead of leaving all the debt for their kids and grand kids. Great patriots, and great parents, yeah, right! they can't make the distinction between spending, and borrowing, the Republicans are the frontrunners on both, and they buy it all for a measly tax break on investments. How damned dumb can people be?

Without conscience

I hardly think George Bush can scare them all into voting Republican again. He's the scariest F-up we've ever encountered. On all fronts, it's been FUBAR!

ps, no improvment at Walter Reed, in fact, all is slipping further down hill.

Gayle in MD
10-03-2007, 08:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I've never put anyone on ignore, but if I did, you would be the first. Only problem, I would miss all the train wrecks!
Steve

<hr /></blockquote>

Just admit it Steve, you're addicted to my posts. Mr. Big Balls From The South, and you can't help yourself, LMAO. I have quite a list of you blustering bomb happy, borrow happy, spend happy, leave it for the kids to pay for, right wing nuts on here these days. Such Power, ahhhhh, my cup runneth over. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vapros
10-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Put a sock in it, Gayle. Give it a rest. You have made more than 5000 posts on only about three or four thoughts. If this forum dies, your name will surely appear on the headstone.

SKennedy
10-03-2007, 09:26 AM
Here I sit in the south. I'm not overweight, nor are my wife and children. In fact one was a college athlete (played 4 years) and the other is currently a collegiate athlete in her freshman year. I am not full of fat and grease. Although I must admit my wife is from Chicago, which is likely the reason I'm not a fat greaseball. Thank goodness I was lucky enough to marry a woman from the north. The only thing better is to marry one from Maryland!

DickLeonard
10-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Gayle I saw that video on the women who married her husband after he came home from Iraq a totally destroyed human being. I would put the cost of his health care if he lives to 50 at 3 million+ not counting his govt pension etc. The cost of this small war will test the resolve of the Govt to honor its committment to its Vets.

Most of it caused by IEDs. So far a weapon we have little defense for.

Sorry to read about Walter Reed, this admistration hasn't been able to do one thing right why would things change now.

If they have done one thing right would someone on the right point it out to me. PLEASE ####

Gayle in MD
10-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Dick,
This Military has sent men and women back to Iraq, when they were suffering with brain trauma, from being near the many roadside bombs exploding around them.

They go to Walter Reed, and are left in limbo, waiting for their paper work to come through. They're expected to work it out for themselves, while they're suffering from brain trauma, and combat fatique. Bush refuses to follow Military guildlines. How he has managed to get the Commanders to go along with this, I'll never know, but you saw who blocked the Democrats bill, demanding the prescribed months of rest away from combat, right in the Army rules and regulations. The Republicans. They have blocked every single bill to protect our troops. Bush blocks money for hungry and sick children. He launches no child left behind, then cuts the funds. He cut the money to protect our borders, fired all 100,000 border guards that Clinton had put on our borders, then he tries to degrade what he calls "Protectionism."

Since when is it a bad thing to protect our country, from illegal aliens, led in our children's toys, poison in our tooth paste, Mexican criminals, raping and killing our children. The crime statistics on these illegals is chilling. Nobody spread out the welcome mat like Reagan and Bush. Reagan's Amnesty Program, was the beginning of the end of American border Security. Then, Republicans try to paint themselves as being tough on terror, what a joke!

Republicans are ruining this country. Damned right I'm angry about it. We should all be angry, when the President puts a secret government in place, and abuses American Troops, and the neocons are chock full of people who are nothing more than War Profiteering Pigs.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
10-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Anyone who travels to the South, and doesn't notice all the grease in the food, must have a waist line like Rush!
<font color="red"> Another stereotypical unsubstantiated comment from the damn yankee. </font color>

People who can't write an informative post, and get their kicks from insults, and name calling, <font color="red"> Insults? Name calling???? You are without a doubt the queen in those catagories. </font color>

far from centered, reasonable, or capable of reasoned responses. <font color="red"> I looked you up in the encyclopedia...that was the description under your picture. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif </font color>

General Betrayus didn't present the true statistics on the deaths. <font color="red"> He lied, Bush lied, everybody lied. I guess you are the only person on the face of the earth who knows the real truth. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red"> What's it like to be so perfect?
Steve </font color>

Gayle in MD
10-03-2007, 07:57 PM
I don't know, why don't you tell us?

Maryland was neutral. We Marylanders didn't consider ourselves, northern, or southern. We didn't even want to take sides, we were forced to do so.

NYers think I'm southern. Floridians think I'm northern.

I call Republicans names. I call this Bush Administration, names. I call war profiteers names. I don't aim my comments at people here. They're just opinions.

Sometimes you make analogies that are far removed from the issue. Comparing fatherhood, to a man's ability to lead the country, is ridiculous, IMO, and particularly when you didn't tell the truth about what was actually being discussed, imposing his opinions upon his kids. About the issue of gay people, marrying, a good Father wouldn't impose his opinions. A good father would understand that our young people have moved beyond such discriminatory views about gay people. he'd understand that times have changed, and that teaching his kids to judge others for their sexual preferences, is not the way of acceptance, compassion, and understanding.

Did you think Bush was a good father? Drunk till he was forty? Lying to all of us about his DWI's? Riding on his daddy's coat tails his whole life?

Where did Edwards say that he doesn't require parental standards. You jumped on a statement, and twisted the meaning completely, because you strongly dislike him.

You only post for the purpose of insults, Steve. That's not my goal, when I post. I post about issues that matter to me, because this country matters to me, and yes, lying has been the Hallmark of this administration. They get rid of anyone who doesn't go right along with their program. Even the Baker report said they needed to be more honest about the conditions on the ground in Iraq, with the American People. Only 5% of us trust Bush to be honest about that. That's a fact. Why is that? Because he's a liar, who insists on more lies from his appointees. Gonzales, was a liar. Cheney, Rice and Rove, Libby, Powell, Rumsfeld, they all lied. If you still respect this bunch, come to Maryland, I'll take you on a tour you'll never forget.

I guess you still believe what these people say. Congratulations. I don't. They have been proven to be liars. It happens to be the opinion of the majority of Americans. It's not just me, its overall popular conclusions, based on solid evidence. Now if you can't accept that, that's your look out. That doesn't change the facts. They lied, and are still lying. Now go right ahead and insult me. It doesn't change the facts.

Gayle in Md,

eg8r
10-04-2007, 07:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
NYers think I'm southern. Floridians think I'm northern. <hr /></blockquote> No, Floridians think you are something else. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

eg8r

DickLeonard
10-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Gayle do you think GWB father is behind the "Impeach the Leech" Movement?####

Wally_in_Cincy
10-04-2007, 10:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I always served home made deserts after dinner. <hr /></blockquote>

You could qualify to be a Baptist Gayle /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
10-04-2007, 10:21 AM

People who can't write an informative post, and get their kicks ....preching from the bible! <hr /></blockquote>

I just did that because I knew how bad it would pi$$ you off. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
10-04-2007, 10:23 AM
I'd like to get the goods on the old man, too. There are reasons why his son made sure all the goods on SR. were deep sixed.

I think Americans should launch an organization for tax revolt in this country. Campaign Public finnancing, or we don't pay. The Politicians won't ever push it through, that's for sure. The only way we'll ever get it is if we revolt. No more taxation without representation. Too bad it won't be as easy as dumping tes in the harbor. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I that a real movement? hadn't heard about that one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Love,
Gayle

Gayle in MD
10-04-2007, 10:29 AM
It's not about me, Wally, it's about our country, the Constitution, our infrastructure, our poor, ill and hungry kids, our safety and security, Bush's eight plus trillion in deficits, and most of all, it's about our troops. It's all about our troops.

Bush, and his band of crooks, piss me off. You're not even a blip on my screen.

Wally_in_Cincy
10-04-2007, 10:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> You're not even a blip on my screen.

<hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

and I so wanted to be your friend

Gayle in MD
10-04-2007, 10:47 AM
You can start by deleting the man/ape picture. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Put something pleasant to look at on there. It's nauseating.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
10-04-2007, 11:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> You can start by deleting the man/ape picture. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Put something pleasant to look at on there. It's nauseating.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif <hr /></blockquote>

That's the caveman from the Geico commercial

I think he's funny

Gayle in MD
10-04-2007, 11:26 AM
I know, I have to turn the channel everytime they run it.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

SKennedy
10-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Then you would love the new sit-com that aired the other night!

Bobbyrx
10-04-2007, 12:23 PM
In the August 17 letter, the Bush Administration informed states they would no longer receive reimbursements for children in families over 250 percent of the federal poverty level <font color="red">(for a family of 4 that is a household income of $59,375.00) </font color> unless they meet onerous and unattainable conditions. New Jersey has one of the most aggressive enrollment programs in the country and, having secured multiple waivers from the federal government, including one as recently as last year from the Bush Administration, currently covers children in families up to 350 percent of poverty <font color="red">for a family of 4 that is a household income of $83,125.00) </font color> . If the directive were to take effect unchallenged, 10,000 New Jersey children would be impacted.

<font color="red"> Stopping at $59,375.00 sounds pretty reasonable to me, but paying for families bringing in $83,125.00 is what seems out of line </font color>

guess it's beyond his silver spoon mentality for him to make the connection and understand what it is like for average Americans to be gouged at the pump, gouged on their utility bills, gouged at the grocery store, and gouged for pharmeceuticals and health care for their children. <font color="red">I agree Bush doesn't have a clue but these things didn't start in 2000, especially the pharmaceuticals </font color> Kind of like people who can't draw a line between Prick Cheney, having secret oil deals, and Oil CEO's and Corporations racking up the greatest profits in history, while Americans are gouged every time they buy gasoline. <font color="red">If WE are getting gouged then 90% of the world is really getting screwed and I don't think Bush is responsible for that. The government makes more money in taxes per gallon than the oil companies do. </font color>

Gayle in MD
10-04-2007, 01:01 PM
I don't know where you live, Bobby, but I don't know how the hell any family fo four could live on $87,000.00 and pay for private health insurance, and certainly not in New Jersey.

Oil CEO's and corporations have reported HUGE earnings, were given HUGE Government subsidies, and have certainly not refined oil at capacity, nor near capacity, throughout this administrations tenure. Bush has blocked price shopping in the pharmaceutical arena, prevented getting pharmaceuticals from Canada, while China sends us poisoned food and toothpaste, led laden toys, and poisoned pet food.

Health care costs have been on rapid rise throughout his administration, while he blocked cheaper drugs from Canada.

Cheney, as we all know, refuses to turn over the minutes, names and/or details, aka secret deals, from his SECRET meetings with American Oil Execs.

We know that the Pharmeceutical Industry contributed heavily to the Republican Campaigns, and the Oil
industry as well, much more money than to Democrats.

We know as well, a huge factor in our increased health care crises, results from the illegal alien population in our country, and has actually bankrupted a number of hospitals across the country. Bush, throughout, has encouraged the cheap labor into this country, and Reagan, orginally was responsible for the first amnesty program ever implemented to a massive group of illegals from our just over borders, and hence, those illegal alien numbers have risen dramatically, reduced only during the Clinton Administration, when he added an extra 100,000 border patrolmen to our borders, which were immediately removed, the funds for borders, and our coast gaurd, drastically cut, by George Bush, so much so that coast guard patrol boats had to come to shore and dock their vessels, unable to operate them.

Bush IS responsible for all of this, which has contributed to higher pharmeceuticals, and higher oil prices, and btw, the rest of the world is showing greater economic advancement than we have. Take a good look at China, from which we borrowed trillions, to cover for Bush's tax cuts, and the Un-Necessary War in Iraq, and compare their growth to ours. They are cheating us, and we're paying them huge interest on that debt.

I'm sorry, I surely do not agree with you that Bush is not responsible for these costly issues which we face, and I surely do think that a family of four, living in New Jersey, given the high cost of living in that state, would have a very hard time paying for private health insurance.

The GAO has a website, www.gao.gov (http://www.gao.gov) I think, and you might be very interested, also, in viewing the charts which show over the years how our money is split up between the segments of our society. You will notice, that when Republicans are in office, the line for the rich looks like a golden ladder heading for the heavens, while the poor and middle class, looks like the edge of a sink hole. The documentation is all right there, and you will see for yourself that Republicans are for the wealthy, and Democrats, often accused of being socialists, implement economic policies that provide a more fair and balanced disposition of the pie, and not strictly through welfare or entitlement programs, but by removing the opportunities for exploitation of the poor and middle class, by the filthy rich, and I do mean filthy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
10-04-2007, 01:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> You can start by deleting the man/ape picture. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Put something pleasant to look at on there. It's nauseating.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> So Gayle, when did you start having these race based feelings about cave men? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>

Gayle in MD
10-04-2007, 01:31 PM
LMAO...honest truth, ya got me, I am perplexed myself why I have experienced such an overwhelming aversion to the sight of those cave people on those commercials.

Ya think this was something from a previous life or something? Damn, you can just look at them and ya know their breath is bad!

My daughter thinks it's a riot. She and Emma die laughing at me. I actually spring into a full run to get across my kitchen to change the channel! YUK! First they had the green Chertoff Geico Gecko, we can figure out why I didn't like him, right? Then it was the cave men. The turtles were ok, but I wasn't crazy about them either. Could be because those Geico Commercials are pounded on us non stop, as bad as Head On~! After that one we always say, now where do you put it?

I wouldn't buy that product if I had a brain concussion!

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
10-04-2007, 01:44 PM
Just to make you feel better, they now have a fall show on a network I'm told! I remember when it took more than a popular commercial to get a sitcom. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Gayle in MD
10-04-2007, 01:57 PM
So now it's a sitcom, huh? Oh well, it's kind of funny that I didn't have that reaction when I watched the Ascent of Man. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Just a silly quirk, I guess.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
10-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Gayle, give him a little credit...you have to admit that he is a brilliant orator.
"You know, when you give a man more money in his pocket _ in this case, a woman _ more money in her pocket to expand a business, they build new buildings. And when somebody builds a new building, somebody has got to come and build the building.
"And when the building expanded, it prevented (sic) additional opportunities for people to work. Tax cuts matter. I'm going to spend some time talking about it," the president said.
"My job is a decision-making job. And as a result, I make a lot of decisions," the president said.
"I delegate to good people. I always tell Condi Rice, `I want to remind you, Madam Secretary, who has the Ph.D. and who was the C student. And I want to remind you who the adviser is and who the president is.'
"I got a lot of Ph.D.-types and smart people around me who come into the Oval Office and say, `Mr. President, here's what's on my mind.' And I listen carefully to their advice. But having gathered the device (sic), I decide, you know, I say, `This is what we're going to do.' And it's `Yes, sir, Mr. President.' And then we get after it, implement policy."

Reading between the lines....I'd guess Bush has a problem with his own educational achievements, and to assuage any feelings of inferiority when he is around smarter people...he has to remind them who's in charge.....
Brilliant, just ***** brilliant....

wolfdancer
10-04-2007, 02:20 PM
what, no replies tearing down your conclusions???
No liberal leftists running the GAO??
you haven't even been insulted (yet) for posting that..
maybe it hasn't been noticed by the Motley Crew just yet

Deeman3
10-04-2007, 02:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I don't know where you live, Bobby, but I don't know how the hell any family fo four could live on $87,000.00 and pay for private health insurance, and certainly not in New Jersey.
Gayle in Md.
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> I think Bobby's in Birmingham, Alabama, not England and a family of four, while not doing well would be able to get by there much better than in New Jersey. I would guess the average there is quite a bit lower than that as it is where I am for working folks. In fact, most people in that income level would already have some form of health care coverage unless that was a two person income.

See, I would be much more likely to support the Clinton plan if they really had some method of controlling costs.

It is not at all fair to compare China's growth to ours as an emerging nation. However, as much as they are growing, they cannot maintain that and are, most ecconomists forecast, headed for a big downturn just because of that growth, not a fault of Bush any more than Clinton or Bush 42.

I agree that the rich will prosper above the poor. That will be the case even if you make the offers of additional entitlements that are being used to lure votes. These very entitlements have and will make sure that the poor stay that way and remain dependent on the state. Most know and accept this which is sad. It ios cheap way for those of us with means to keep the wolves, except the Dunbars, at the door, but never quite let them in.

It's like Streisand wants to save the poor, but just keep them out of her yard while you do it.

If I didn't have so much blood on my hands, I'd run for President. You would sing my song and soon forget all about Bush. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif</font color>

Gayle in MD
10-04-2007, 02:48 PM
OMG, This will be an all time BUSHSPEAK classic! I don't know, there are so many to chose from.

Delusion\ 1. an abnormal mental state,
2. a false belief regarding the self, or persons or objects outside the self that persists despite the facts and is common in some psychotic states...

delirium\ 1. a mental disturbance characterized by confusion, disordered speech, and hallucinations.

egocentric\ 1. concerned with the individual rather than society.
2. taking the ego as the starting point in philosophy
3. limited in outlook or concern to one's own activities or needs

I started out my day reading this same artical on Huffingtonpost, and I couldn't stop laughing, but I swear, I think the second time, it's even funnier!

Just imagine this guy is representing us to the rest of the world!

How many days are left? /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif around 600?

And he thinks he's going to make a fortune on the lecture circuit! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif OMG! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

No wonder they don't want him talking to our enemies!

wolfdancer
10-04-2007, 03:15 PM
That will be the case even if you make the offers of additional entitlement that are being used to lure votes
<font color="green"> are entitlement lures anything like the tax cut bait? </font color>
means to keep the wolves, except the Dunbars, at the door, but never quite let them in.
<font color="green"> You mean I could get in?...I understand it would be the tradesman's entrance, not the front door (what would the neighbors think?) </font color>
I have to agree that our welfare system is seriously flawed, but as the high paying jobs are exported to emerging nations, a growing number of people can not afford the high costs of health care....and I do see the connection between insurance and spiraling costs.
There isn't any easy answers...and I doubt if the Dems can offer a quick fix....but at least they will address the issue, and not pretend it doesn't exist....
There's a job offer in a post here...$12 an hour to start, with a college degree....taking as a moderate estimate for the cost of earning that degree...in only 6 years you can earn your tuition back, but after deducting the COL...I doubt if you could repay the interest on your student loan.
It does include Health ins.....good thing, because I don't think the wages would cover the ins premiums...

wolfdancer
10-04-2007, 03:18 PM
while replying to Deeman...I realized the answer to rising health care costs has been available since 1973...
Soylent Green !!

Deeman3
10-04-2007, 03:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> while replying to Deeman...I realized the answer to rising health care costs has been available since 1973...
Soylent Green !! <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">

I loved that movie... </font color>

There's a job offer in a post here...$12 an hour to start, with a college degree... Gayle's statement. <font color="blue">

I have to agree, aside from the fact Wolfdancer and I both applied for it at the same time, it is terrible to waste that BSPT (BS in Pool Technology) and go for the bigger check. I often wonder how young kids make it even on two salaries with a part time job thrown in. There are still good options for people with enough energy to become business owners and professionals but we have been headed for a shrinking middle class for decades that may be inevitable because of NAFDA, worold competition and the like. I don't know that government intervention will over come this. It has not worked in Europe where they have certainly done a better job of insulating themselves from the free market but are, as well, starting to pay the piper now with uncontrollable social costs, high unemployment and although better controlled immigration, more and more taxpayer support of non-European immigrants. The most successful seem to be the Nordic nations where they discourage any outsiders from coming in.

No matter your political bent, very soon the people who are pulling the wagon will become overloaded and stop pulling. The very heavily growing and overfat government slugs that can't compete in the free market will overtax the few that are working at real jobs and we will stagnate.

Our answer in industry has always been to run faster but you can only imporve efficiency so much until the real wage gaps between the old and new economies run you out.

I wish there were good answers from either side on this one but the war and just making present entitlements larger and by including the illegals in those are the things that will get you elected, no matter the long term cost. This will make the investments we have made in the war seem small by comparison. Talk about saddling your children with debt. I bet that won't get much play in the soundbites or debates.</font color>

Gayle in MD
10-04-2007, 04:32 PM
It's not a rosey picture, and will worsen throughout Bush's term. I have to say though, the middle class, and the poor, did not slide during Clinton's administration, he managed to balance the budget and still created growth in the economy, and a surplus. The graphs show advances for the Poor and the Middle class, without loses for the wealthy.

I'll try and find a link for it.

Gayle in Md.

I wonder what the costs might have been had we finished in Afghanistan, with all the global support we had at that time, smashed the Talliban, and al Qaeda, sent special forces on small global missions, and one, into Iraq, to get Saddam, and his family, or just continued the sanctions, approved by the UN.

I think we could have accomplished all of this quite easily, with much help from allies, had we had a leader in place who was not an arrogant ass.

The money wasted on this war would have gone a long way toward energy independence.

pooltchr
10-04-2007, 07:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr>

I wish there were good answers from either side on this one but the war and just making present entitlements larger and by including the illegals in those are the things that will get you elected, no matter the long term cost. This will make the investments we have made in the war seem small by comparison. Talk about saddling your children with debt. I bet that won't get much play in the soundbites or debates.</font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Dee, there really is a simple answer, but it would require changes that we will probably never see.
If I have more money going out of my household than I have coming in, I only have one option. I have to cut back on spending. I can't go out and buy anything I want. I need to focus on buying those things that I NEED.
Our government has the option of just taking more money with tax increases to cover their expenses. As long as they can do that, there is no incentive to cut back on spending. This is one reason I support the Fair Tax. Take away their ability to tax us to death, and the only option will be to cut wasteful spending.
My wife spent 6 years working on a government project. She was told near the end of each year to spend everything in the budget, or face the possibility of budget cuts the next year. In other words, in order to get more money, you have to spend more money!
And as you pointed out, if that continues, eventually there won't be enough left over after taxes to make productive work worth while.
Every dollar the government spends comes from the people who actually produce something. The government does not make money, it just spends it, and when they run short, they take more from those who do make money....the taxpayers.
The IRS is the most dangerous government agency ever. If our economy dies, it will be simply because the government was so greedy, they took too much so as to be able to make promises they have no business making.

So the simple answer is to reduce government spending, decrease taxes, and force our politicians to become statesmen again, rather than money managers.
Steve

Vapros
10-04-2007, 08:44 PM
I think you have oversimplified the situation by saying that the government does not make money. Since our economy went off the silver standard (about forty years ago?) the Federal government has counterfeited money through the mints. When they print paper money with neither gold nor silver in Fort Knox to back it up, they are making money. That was the first step in a process which I don't understand at all. Few of us do. Today they have other ways to create money, without actually printing dollar bills. Credit is issued.

Far as I know, most of the world operates in a similar fashion. A delicate balance, for sure, and the local dollars rise and fall in relation to the other countries in an endless fluctuation.

Hopefully, someone better informed will step in here and clarify this. Briefly and in easy terms, maybe?

pooltchr
10-05-2007, 04:15 AM
I wasn't speaking of printing or minting money, which the government certainly does. Perhaps I should have said the government does not produce revenue. You produce revenue when you go to work and exchange your skill for a paycheck. Your company produces revenue by exchanging goods or services for money from their customers. Both are voluntary. The government mandates that you give them whatever they want, so they can spend it any way they want. They can spend more than they have, and simply raise taxes to cover it. Slowly but surely, they are draining the well. When it goes dry, the economy will come to a halt.
Steve

Gayle in MD
10-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Funny thing is, my most insulting critics, jump on here every day, apparently for the sole purpose of posting a few new insults to me.

There is one in particular, who does not post often on this side, but I'd say that 99.8% of the time, when he does, it's nothing but the same oft written insult to me. Makes you wonder what in the world he'd do with himself if I wasn't around? Constant references to toilet paper, and redundancy, yet his own posts are strictly just another insultfor Gayle, the same insult, btw, over and over and over, usually the same exact words included in each and every post.

I say we chip in and buy him a gift. A mirror maybe? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif He could take a good long look at himself every time he gets the irresistable urge to post the same insult day after day, to the same person, day after day, in the same way, day after day? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Then he wonders why no one will publish his book? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

This forum will never die, as long as he keeps up with his insults, I'm sure. And he's soooooo informative! Always providing links to interesting articles, and information we might otherwise never know about! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Ah, on second thought, we should probably just send a crate of toilet paper. He's quite focused on that, you know, and maybe a copy of Strunks, Elements Of Style He must have missed the chapters warning of superfluous repetition. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

wolfdancer
10-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Isn't the term "compassionate conservative" an oxymoron?
youth wants to know....

Gayle in MD
10-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Yes, and it's only one in a long list, like fiscal conservative, HA HA HA. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Small Government Republicans conservatives /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Republican family values /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Republican campaign actually meaning, election fraud. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Trickle down ...bend over and grab your ankles /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Protectionism... forgetting to leave out the welcom mat for the illegals and terroeists.

Isolationism ... maintaining jobs for Americans

Tough on terror ... pissing off our enemies

Staying the course leaving before we're broke

sensitive classfied intelligence... information on republican criminal activity

/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deeman3
10-05-2007, 01:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Funny thing is, my most insulting critics, jump on here every day, apparently for the sole purpose of posting a few new insults to me. <font color="blue">
You are mistaken, I come on here each day to insult Wolfdancer, just doesn't bother him anymore. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif </font color>

There is one in particular, who does not post often on this side, but I'd say that 99.8% of the time, when he does, it's nothing but the same oft written insult to me. Makes you wonder what in the world he'd do with himself if I wasn't around? Constant references to toilet paper, and redundancy, yet his own posts are strictly just another insultfor Gayle, the same insult, btw, over and over and over, usually the same exact words included in each and every post. <font color="blue"> I, personally, think I vary my insults and criticisms quite a bit. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

I say we chip in and buy him a gift. A mirror maybe? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif He could take a good long look at himself every time he gets the irresistable urge to post the same insult day after day, to the same person, day after day, in the same way, day after day? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <font color="blue"> I will accept any gifts.</font color>

Then he wonders why no one will publish his book? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <font color="blue"> Witch (no I did not spell that properly) book? I have a couple now published. I thought I was avoiding that crass commercialism not selling them on here. Third one will be out on Tuesday!</font color>

This forum will never die, as long as he keeps up with his insults, I'm sure. And he's soooooo informative! Always providing links to interesting articles, and information we might otherwise never know about! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <font color="blue"> Oh! It's not even me! I can't figure out the technology to post a link. Whew! </font color>

Ah, on second thought, we should probably just send a crate of toilet paper. He's quite focused on that, you know, and maybe a copy of Strunks, Elements Of Style He must have missed the chapters warning of superfluous repetition. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <font color="blue"> Again, if he won't take your gifts, I will. This is one Neocon who has promised to belly up to the trough with the other pigs now that I have greying hair. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have likeness of Rupert Murdock and Harry Truman on a Bagel that I may put on e-bay. Should fetch a small fortune...</font color>

<font color="purple"> Have a great weekend everyone, even you cavemen out there. </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

wolfdancer
10-05-2007, 02:03 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'm afraid that you're not taking these political discussions,
Seriously enough.However, with GWB and company having lost most of his credibility, leaving your side of the argument moot, a little comic relief is a welcome diversion.
BUT, you'll soon have your chance, for a four year period as the foils and fables of the new Madame DeFarge (Lady Hillary) are exposed.

SKennedy
10-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Deeman! Thank you sir for a wonderful way to end the work week. But just remember....you couldn't do it without Gayle's help.
Someone posted something previously about this site going downhill, etc. Maybe, maybe not...I don't know as I've not been on here that long. What I do know is this...I've absolutely enjoyed the heck out of it. And while we don't all agree (and shouldn't) I am truly amazed at the quality of people on here that love billiards! Win, lose, or draw (realistically I'd be really embarrassed at my skills) I would love to play against some of you in the future. Hope to get that chance....thought I might soon with SPetty group, but found out that I won't make it. But thanks guys and gals....now if I can just find time to catch back up on work......

pooltchr
10-05-2007, 08:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> He must have missed the chapters warning of superfluous repetition. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

After a really crappy day at work (Murphy's law hit around 7:15 this morning with a major crisis, and ended in the parking lot about 5:10 this evening with a dead battery) I needed a good laugh. Seeing this one sentence being posted by you of all people, brought the first really good laugh I have had in a week! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thank you!
Steve

Vapros
10-06-2007, 12:15 AM
I think you should stick to whining about the President and the other Republicans, as you have become pretty good at it, and all the derogatory remarks are already in place on your hard drive, standing by for daily use.

Your efforts to talk smack have not been very impressive - you just don't seem to be equipped for it. Dirty Harry said that a man has got to know his limitations. You might do well to try to recognize yours, also.

wolfdancer
10-06-2007, 12:44 PM
I have likeness of Rupert Murdock and Harry Truman on a Bagel that I may put on e-bay. Should fetch a small fortune...
Is Rupert Murdock any relation to Rupert Murdoch?
I can't think of a more incongruous pair to appear on the same Bagel....but the Lord works in mysterious ways.
"Shoot straight from the hip" Harry, "and adjust the facts to fit our view" Rupert.....
Maybe Harry was our last honest President....and one with a real set of tuercos..... instead of them huevos Bush is carrying around.
If you guys could come up with an HST clone, I'd be learning the secret handshake, taking the blood oath, undergoing the indoctrination process....and voting Republican come next election....that is, if GWB and Cheney, don't declare martial law, and have the election suspended....so that
"Baby Doc" Bush can declare himself "President for Life" !!

Deeman3
10-08-2007, 07:35 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

LWW
10-11-2007, 05:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> <font color="red">I guess it's beyond his silver spoon mentality for him to make the connection and understand what it is like for average Americans to be gouged at the pump, gouged on their utility bills, gouged at the grocery store, and gouged for pharmeceuticals and health care for their children. Kind of like people who can't draw a line between Prick Cheney, having secret oil deals, and Oil CEO's and Corporations racking up the greatest profits in history, while Americans are gouged every time they buy gasoline.

Too bad it took us so long to see the handwriting on the wall. Saddam was not our greatest threat. George Bush was.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif</font color> <hr /></blockquote>
Questions for you Gayle?

1-In specific, how am I being "gouged" at the pump?

2-In specific, how am I being "gouged" for utilities?

3-In specific, how am I being "gouged" at the grocers?

4-In specific, how am I being "gouged" at the pharmacy?

5-1-In specific, how am I being "gouged" for healthcare?

6-In specific, how would Bush be responsible if I indeed were being "gouged"?

7-In specific, what are Cheney's "secret oil deals"?

8-If they are secret, who told you?

9-If they are true, wouldn't that make you an insider?

10-In specific, how are "oil CEO's" racking up?

11-In specific, how are "corporations" racking up?

12-Do you even understand the simple concept that a corporation like EXXON is in reality merely many thousands of butchers, bakers, and candlestick makers who hold shares through direct investment and retirement plans?

13-In specific, what stops you from buying EXXON stock and "racking up" just like BIG OIL does?

14-Are you aware that the POTUS and VPOTUS both have their assets in blind trusts over which they have no control?

15-And lastly, who was responsible for me being "gouged" before Bush took office?

Now, you made the claims. I would expect that someone doing so would have no issue supporting some of your claims.

I await your replies.

LWW