PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Chalker??

Deeman3
10-02-2007, 02:47 PM
In one of my magazines this month, BD or Inside Pool, they have an automatic chalker!!! How lazy and incompetent are we that we have to have a power driven machine to chalk our cues. Someone explain to me the need and value in this. I must be missing something.

Are there folks out there who can't chalk a cue tip or that have disabilities that preclude their use of the old fashioned cube? Is there a PC side I'm just missing?

SPetty
10-02-2007, 03:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Inside Pool Mag:</font><hr>CHALK-O-MATIC
New from CHALK-O-MATIC, LLC, this automatic cue
chalker offers consistent coverage of the tip. It is approximately
a 3-inch black sphere and is made in the U.S.A.
Change both the chalk and the 9-volt battery at will. CHALKO-
MATIC has the ability to offer licensed trademarks or company
logos. The suggested retail price is $27.99. To place
your order, please log onto www.chalk-o-matic.com (http://www.chalk-o-matic.com), call
877-639-2457, or e-mail vp@chalk-o-matic.com. <hr /></blockquote>

http://chalkomatic.homestead.com/files/QuickSiteImages/300500.jpg

1Time
10-02-2007, 03:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> In one of my magazines this month, BD or Inside Pool, they have an automatic chalker!!! How lazy and incompetent are we that we have to have a power driven machine to chalk our cues. Someone explain to me the need and value in this. I must be missing something.

Are there folks out there who can't chalk a cue tip or that have disabilities that preclude their use of the old fashioned cube? Is there a PC side I'm just missing? <hr /></blockquote>

This item was made for profit, and people will buy it because of its flash, not its function.

Deeman3
10-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Yes, that must be it! I will admit that those with severe wrist injuries, like Steven Colbert, may have use for it but would that ever justify its prodcution?

As well, does this work on the age old principal of "Screwing the tip into the chalk", rather than the so-called "normal" practice of a more considered "swipe" of the cube?

Am I picking nits myself here? More importantly, do they make a gas powered model (V-twin) or a solar powered PC model?

SKennedy
10-02-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm waiting on the 8 cylinder model myself! Better yet, maybe I'll find me a good looking bikini-clad model to do it for me. I'll leave the puns (chalk my tip, etc.) to you guys!

Eric.
10-02-2007, 04:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> How lazy and incompetent are we that we have to have a power driven machine to chalk our cues. <hr /></blockquote>

Same could be said for the battery operated toothbrush...

Eric

SKennedy
10-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Not true Deeman....if you could see how uncoordinated I am brushing my teeth you would understand the need for battery operated toothbrush. However, please don't ask me why my wife needs the battery operated "equipment." (just joking)

wolfdancer
10-02-2007, 07:35 PM
"....or a solar powered PC model? "
I'm glad to see that you are thinking "green". I knew that my informed postings would convince you of Global Warming....
I don't think this item will sell well, until they get the price down to $19.95, and include a second one for free, if you act in the next 15 minutes....all the really important inventions, sell for $19.95.
The automatic chalker that I need would be something a little different....something that reaches up and slaps me along side the head every time I set the cue down to shoot. I have been known to shoot 4 or 5 shots without chalking up...or shoot until I miscue.
You can get away with this by using a variation of the Japanese underwear scheme....the underwear with 3 leg openings that you rotate clockwise for three days, then turn inside out for another 3.
By rotating your cue just 30 degrees each time that you shoot, you can get several shots off without a miscue....and save an endangered resource in the process.

Rich R.
10-03-2007, 06:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Inside Pool Mag:</font><hr>CHALK-O-MATIC
New from CHALK-O-MATIC, LLC, this automatic cue
chalker offers consistent coverage of the tip. It is approximately
a 3-inch black sphere and is made in the U.S.A.
Change both the chalk and the 9-volt battery at will. CHALKO-
MATIC has the ability to offer licensed trademarks or company
logos. The suggested retail price is $27.99. To place
your order, please log onto www.chalk-o-matic.com (http://www.chalk-o-matic.com), call
877-639-2457, or e-mail vp@chalk-o-matic.com. <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>
I'm just happy that this thing is made in the USA. It should help with the balance of trade between us and all of those Asian countries producing TV's, computers and cars. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Chopstick
10-03-2007, 06:44 AM
Damn downchalker!

Hey last night Hillary said she would get us all one for free. "Vote for me and get stuff free." /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

http://chalkomatic.homestead.com/files/QuickSiteImages/300500.jpg

Cydpkt
10-03-2007, 08:35 AM
I just ordered the program that allows me to use it when playing Virtual Pool. Only $19.95. No more pesky chalk on the mouse or keyboard.

Deeman3
10-03-2007, 10:36 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cjt08046
10-03-2007, 12:41 PM
I'd like a nice, noisy 2-stroke version. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BigRigTom
10-03-2007, 02:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> "....or a solar powered PC model? "
I'm glad to see that you are thinking "green". I knew that my informed postings would convince you of Global Warming....
I don't think this item will sell well, until they get the price down to $19.95, and include a second one for free, if you act in the next 15 minutes....all the really important inventions, sell for $19.95.
The automatic chalker that I need would be something a little different....something that reaches up and slaps me along side the head every time I set the cue down to shoot. I have been known to shoot 4 or 5 shots without chalking up...or shoot until I miscue. <font color="red">
You can get away with this by using a variation of the Japanese underwear scheme....the underwear with 3 leg openings that you rotate clockwise for three days, then turn inside out for another 3.</font color>
By rotating your cue just 30 degrees each time that you shoot, you can get several shots off without a miscue....and save an endangered resource in the process. <hr /></blockquote>

That is really funny.
I can imagine what those zumo wrestlers might look like in those kind of underwear on the 4th day.

Maybe sorta like the measle ball but with brown spots instead of red and larger of course! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

tjlmbklr
10-06-2007, 02:53 PM
As soon as I saw this i said "this wasn't made by a pool player. Real pool players don't drill the chalk they "paint/rub" it on the tip.