PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it to repair a good cue?

blahblahblahk
10-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Hi all. I'm new here, but I was hoping to get some opinions on whether it is worth it to send in a cue to get repaired. I have a jacoby cue. I love the way that it hits, but there are several dings in the butt section and about half of the buttcap has broken off (I got it that way, It wasn't me /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif ). I don't really have a problem with it, cause it still hits like a dream. But if I ever wanted to try and get rid of it. Nobody would want it cause of the aesthetics of it. Just hoping to get some opinions. Thanks. Oh and sorry if this topic has been brought up before.

Deeman3
10-03-2007, 10:33 AM
If you like it and it does not bother you, don't do anything. If you do plan to sell it and want to have it polished up a person with a lathe might be able to take a light cut on it and re-finish it. That would change the weight slightly. I have an old Adams that was dinged up and Bob Meucci turned it, refinished it and replaced the wrap about 20 years ago. It cost me about $150 if I remember right but Bob and I were friends at the time so it may have been cheaper for someone else. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Of course, a lot depends on what the cue is actually worth now.

CaptainHook
10-04-2007, 12:19 PM
If you like it and the hit is what you say it is, If I were you I would send it off to be repaired or restored.