PDA

View Full Version : Home table.....What balls to buy

Cydpkt
10-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Just wondering what other people are buying for the set of balls to go with their tables? I will be purchasing a table soon and have always been set on getting the Brunswick Centennial set. This may also be a stupid question but why was the color of the 4 ball changed in some sets?

Deeman3
10-03-2007, 03:09 PM
I have the Centenials and Arimith Super Pro and like the Centenials a little better. The color of the four was changed to make it more identifiable on TV, or to confuse me personally, I think. Now I can't tell the three from the four where I used to could not tell the four from the seven!

Cydpkt
10-03-2007, 03:35 PM
I understand the confusion sometimes on TV when they impose the numbers over the balls they get it wrong. Thanks for the help.

ceebee
10-06-2007, 11:25 AM
My personal choice is the Brunswick Centennial Balls. They are made by ARAMITH. Make yourself a Ball Polisher & you will be set.

Take care of them & they will last you a long time.

CHEAP EQUIPMENT never satisfies in the long run...JMHO

mworkman
10-07-2007, 09:14 AM
It depends on what equipment you play on when you compete. I have a nice set of Super Aramiths and the spotted cue ball. When I compete in leagues most cueballs are about 1/4 to 1/3 oz. heavier then the object balls, and the balls are dirty and worn. So, I still use my spotted cue ball, but use a set of balls which are 1/4 oz lighter then the cueball.

Rackum_n_Crackum
10-08-2007, 07:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ceebee:</font><hr> Make yourself a Ball Polisher &amp; you will be set.

Take care of them &amp; they will last you a long time.
How do you make a ball polisher???

CHEAP EQUIPMENT never satisfies in the long run...JMHO <hr /></blockquote>

Snapshot9
10-08-2007, 08:41 AM
Most of the guys I know prefer the Centennials because:

They like how the numbers are marked better
and they say they maintain a little better than the
Aramith Super Pro balls.

I know what you are saying about the pink 4 ball, for some reason I always think the 7 ball is the 4 ball when watching a TV match.