PDA

View Full Version : $2500 entry tournament in New York

OntheSnap
07-28-2002, 08:08 AM
Anybody see the flyer for the tournament in White Plains NY? $2500 entry fee-4 two day tournaments and a final-It stretches over 2 months!! Seems like a crazy format.

I don't think many of the out-of-area pros can afford to go to New York for 2 months and the locals may not have that kind of entry fee.

07-28-2002, 08:52 PM
Any more info on this tournament? Who's having it? is it an open and what are the guaranteed payouts?

Much appreciated, thanks
Snooky

07-28-2002, 08:55 PM
I do agree with that "crazy format"... however, I don't agree that players in NY can't come up with the money... after all NY players are known to get the "cheese"... LOL, a little New York humor... nothing serious... LOL.

again,...
Snooky

DEADSTOKE32
07-28-2002, 08:57 PM
O MY GOD
NOW THIS IS WHEN POOL HAS GONE CRAZY .
NOW WHO IN THE NAME OF GOD IS GOING 2 PLAY THIS ?
"OK" I'LL PLAY ."HELL" I MIGHT BE THE ONLY NUT IN THE DAM ROOM..
"HELL THE STATE"CRAZY ENUF TO PLAY....THIS.
NOW YOU HAVE THE NUTZ 2 EVEN TRY THIS .......??????????????????

Nostroke
07-29-2002, 12:03 AM
Full page ad in this months BD-Hi Pockets is the pool room

$180,000.00 based on 64 players which is 20K added but its over the 5 tournaments so its really like 4k added to each. I heard it is some rich guy (not the PR owner) adding the 20K. Im just not sure you can find enough players able to pony up that cash AND commit to 5 tournaments over 2 plus months- We shall see.

07-29-2002, 01:52 PM
I hear ya!
It would be an interesting turn on most tournaments. It would be pricy for those not living in the area. I think they should just invest in making the event one BIG tournament in which case more people can dedicate that time to. And since some players have their sponsors putting up the money, we should see an interesting turnout.
--I think it would be great to see them battle it out for the cheese, and the side-bets would be incredible.

By the way, thanks for the info.
Snooky