PDA

View Full Version : Nutty Righties, Artificial life

Sid_Vicious
10-05-2007, 08:38 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2007/oct/06/genetics.climatechange

Chopstick
10-07-2007, 06:51 AM
What does that have to do with politics?

Qtec
10-08-2007, 05:21 AM
Isn't the one thing that separates us from God is that we cannot create life? We can propogate our own species but we cannot create from scratch a new lifeform.?

Chopstick
10-08-2007, 01:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Isn't the one thing that separates us from God is that we cannot create life? We can propogate our own species but we cannot create from scratch a new lifeform.? <hr /></blockquote>

It is man's delusion that separates him from god. Besides this isn't exactly creating life from scratch. They didn't create the cell, just the DNA strands. Artificial life will be common in the near future. Soon there will be new plants then new animals. Some combinations of both and merged with nano or even quantum machine components. At some point artificial life will merge with humans and there will be a new human species.

Some will argue the implications of this. Others will embrace it and move forward. Don't worry. I will only require you to place your chalk in the upright position when you sub-creatures play pool with me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Deeman3
10-08-2007, 01:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Isn't the one thing that separates us from God is that we cannot create life? We can propogate our own species but we cannot create from scratch a new lifeform.? <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> I would have thought there might be other things that separate us from God but didn't know you were a proponent of such things. Didn't you see Frankenstein? Chia Pets? Anyone can do it. Separating us from life, that's the thing we can do much better. </font color>