PDA

View Full Version : Boy, I got WHOOPED!

CarolNYC
07-28-2002, 01:33 PM
Well folks, having just returned from sparring with my friend/mentor (Fran),I realize I have ALOT of work ahead of me-Fran slaughtered me-each ball was made CENTER pocket-each of her breaks pocketed 3,4,5 balls-then lets include the (4)9-balls on the break-then the break-n-runs-how about jumping over two balls and pocketing object ball-3 rail kicks-safes till they were coming out of my kazoo-oh,the agony,ha ha ha-but I did win ONE GAME when the 9-ball was left hanging and grateful to have learned so very much (just by watching) and it wasnt the first time I RACKED well!:)Thanks Fran, your the BEST!
Carol~still wiping away the tears of laughter:)

Barbara
07-28-2002, 02:02 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah...

So Fran put a little hurting on ya, huh? Hey Girl, you know what next weekend is, dontcha? The NY State 9-ball Champs!! I won't be there (family reunion & folks' 54th wedding anniversary party) so you'd better practice up and kick butt!!

Barbara~~~wants to see Carol kick some butt!!

Doctor_D
07-28-2002, 02:56 PM
Good afternoon Carol:

I know how you feel, believe me, I "Know" how you feel!!!

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.

Vagabond
07-28-2002, 06:09 PM
Howdy folks,
Fran is a very methodical player and I always enjoyed watching her. cheers
Vagabond

jjinfla
07-28-2002, 06:12 PM
Okay Carol, you can wake up now, the nightmare is over. You should never go to sleep on a full stomach. LOL Jake

Chris Cass
07-28-2002, 06:57 PM
Sorry Carol,

That was all my fault. I talked to Fran on the phone moments before you started playing. I told her that you told me, that she got her blouse on Clearence....hahahaha

Regards,

C.C.

DEADSTOKE32
07-28-2002, 08:25 PM
DEAR CAROL
I'M SORRY 2 YOU TOOK THAT FROM FRAN .
BUT YOU MUST UNDERSTAND SOMETHING, THE MORE YOU RACK THE BETTER YOU GET AT IT, AND THEN YOU WILL LEARN HOW 2 RACK SO SHE DON'T MAKE A BALL ON THE BREAK.
THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE NEVER LEARN FROM WHAT THAY ARE DOING IN THIS GAME .
SO MUCH 2 LEARN.YOU JUST HAVE 2 SIT BACK AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND.
ALSO WHEN YOU GET 2 THE TABLE DON'T MISS.
OR LEARN HOW 2 DUCK..
GOOD LUCK..

CarolNYC
07-29-2002, 04:27 AM
Barb, A LITTLE HURTING?ha ha ha-did you ever read the book "Heart of Darkness?"The horror,the horror,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ha ha ha!Have fun at the reunion!
Carol~writing note to remember Barbs calendar&pen!:)

Rich R.
07-29-2002, 04:34 AM
Carol, it was so nice of Fran to help you practice your racking skills. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
Right now, you probably don't realize how much Fran helped you by letting you rack so much. Racking that much will inspire you to play better.
Rich R.~~~hopes Carol didn't miss any 9-balls. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

CarolNYC
07-29-2002, 04:35 AM
Jake,
That is so funny because we went into our matches hungry, and then after we had lunch,she played even BETTER!Catch 22,ha ha ha-Oh well,wheres the chocolate ice cream?ha ha ha
Im gonna STUFF MY FACE!:)
Carol~looking for chocolate cake,too!

CarolNYC
07-29-2002, 04:39 AM
Hello my Jumping Mantra,
LMAO-Thanks alot!ha ha ha-Now your going in the pool IN VEGAS!ha ha ha
Miss you&family!
Carol

CarolNYC
07-29-2002, 04:44 AM
Ah,ha,I have Joe Tuckers book on racking techniques-but I cant win there,either,we always check our racks,but thanks for the tip-you were right on the money in "DONT MISS!"UGH!ha ha ha
Carol

CarolNYC
07-29-2002, 04:46 AM
Rich,
The good thing is I didnt miss the 8-ball with BALL IN HAND,ha ha ha,cause I NEVER GOT BALL IN HAND!LMAO
Carol

Karatemom
07-29-2002, 08:58 AM
Hi Carol! I would rather get whooped by Fran than by a cheese-riding, pool sharking know-it-all 9 year old!!!!! At least you learned something. All I learned was how to say was "I beat you again, MOM".

Now when I get whooped by Chris, I do learn alot. I don't mind one bit getting beat by him. Sounds to me like you had fun racking, LOL.

Heide

Kato
07-29-2002, 09:54 AM
Heide, I'd hate losing to Chris. Too bad we'll never play, he won't give me a fair game and I'm sad. Ask him sometime just how little weight I want to play and you'll scold him for me. As far as Christ goes, he's got the game figured out. He's an awfully kewl kid.

Kato~~~Could rack for Fran, should rack for Fran, would rack for Fran. Doubt I'd have a choice.

Doctor_D
07-29-2002, 09:58 AM
/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Kato~~~Could rack for Fran, should rack for Fran, would rack for Fran. Doubt I'd have a choice!

Good afternoon:

Kato, racking for Fran would give you great practice for when the time comes that you will be racking for me ...

Dr. D.

Karatemom
07-29-2002, 10:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> Heide, I'd hate losing to Chris. Too bad we'll never play, he won't give me a fair game and I'm sad. Ask him sometime just how little weight I want to play and you'll scold him for me. As far as Christ goes, he's got the game figured out. He's an awfully kewl kid.

Kato~~~Could rack for Fran, should rack for Fran, would rack for Fran. Doubt I'd have a choice. <hr></blockquote>

I'd scold Chris anyway, just for the heck of it, LOL. Anyway, I'm sure there will come a day when the two of you will play. As for Christ, he just makes me mad, LOL.

Heide ~ racks for Chris, racks for Christ

bluewolf
07-29-2002, 10:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: CarolNYC:</font><hr> Well folks, having just returned from sparring with my friend/mentor (Fran),I realize I have ALOT of work ahead of me-Fran slaughtered me-each ball was made CENTER pocket-each of her breaks pocketed 3,4,5 balls-then lets include the (4)9-balls on the break-then the break-n-runs-how about jumping over two balls and pocketing object ball-3 rail kicks-safes till they were coming out of my kazoo-oh,the agony,ha ha ha-but I did win ONE GAME when the 9-ball was left hanging and grateful to have learned so very much (just by watching) and it wasnt the first time I RACKED well!:)Thanks Fran, your the BEST!
Carol~still wiping away the tears of laughter:) <hr></blockquote>

WOW. Fran, come to dc and teach me!!! &lt;VBG&gt;

bluewolf

Kato
07-29-2002, 11:04 AM
Why is it that every woman in the world just wants to beat on me?/ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif Used to be that all women wanted to do for me was bake me cookies and do my laundry/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif. Diana, you have my mother's name, I will rack for you too/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Kato~~~who's next in the "R.J. will rack for me too please" line

Kato
07-29-2002, 11:08 AM
I'd rather play with you anyway, you're nicer than C.C./ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif. He thinks I should buy him a $2500 cue because we're buddies./ccboard/images/icons/shocked.gif Plus, I'm sure you'll give me the breaks and the last 3.

Kato~~~traveling cyber-space trying to get a fair game.

Rod
07-29-2002, 11:12 AM
Um Kato, is this something like take a number? /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif LOL
hey i did a smiley, ah the pleasure of small motions!

Doctor_D
07-29-2002, 11:14 AM
Good afternoon Kato:

All I indicated was that I wanted you to rack for me. I invite you to NYC for dinner, some sighseeing and to rack for me. How is it that I am beating on you ???

Dr. D.

Kato
07-29-2002, 11:33 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot, you're nice to me./ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Can I break first so that you at least have to rack 1 time?

Kato~~~I'm am Kato, watch me rack

Doctor_D
07-29-2002, 11:46 AM
Good afternoon Kato:

Not only will I provide you with the initial break, I will allow you every third break!!!

Dr. D.

CarolNYC
07-29-2002, 02:23 PM
Heide,
Im LMAO! What the heck is cheeseriding?ha ha ha-I can totally relate to being beaten by a kid-I use to give Kiana ball in hand on every shot-NO MORE!ha ha ha!
Take care!
Carol

CarolNYC
07-29-2002, 02:24 PM
I know you do,Dr. D,
Just keep up those awesome drills your doing!:)
Carol

CarolNYC
07-29-2002, 02:28 PM
Awwwwww...... Kato,
I wont do your laundry but I'll make you a mean lasagne!Afterwards, brownies,but we'll have to eat them fresh out of the oven cause for some reason, they turn into HOCKEY PUCKS!ha ha ha-do you play hockey?:)
Carol~will gladly rack for Kato!

CarolNYC
07-29-2002, 02:30 PM
Yes Rod,
Arent those little pleasures wonderful-and you did the best one-smiling is contagious!:)
Carol

Karatemom
07-29-2002, 03:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: CarolNYC:</font><hr> Heide,
Im LMAO! What the heck is cheeseriding?ha ha ha-I can totally relate to being beaten by a kid-I use to give Kiana ball in hand on every shot-NO MORE!ha ha ha!
Take care!
Carol <hr></blockquote>

Cheese-riding out here means he goes for the darn 9 every shot!!! He gets so lucky he makes me sick. It can't possibly be talent, could it? LOL I think I say that so I feel better about my game, LOL.

Heide ~ wishes Christ was still 3 yrs old, so he couldn't argue or ride the 9!!!!!!!!!

07-29-2002, 03:49 PM
Thank YOU, Carol. Laughter truly is the best medicine. It definitely brought my game up to another level. Ummm, and you were making some scary good shots, yourself. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard that I cried during a match. Probably never. Ha!

Fran~~~ "...you'll find that life is still worthwhile, if you...just...smile." Charlie Chaplin

07-29-2002, 03:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> Why is it that every woman in the world just wants to beat on me?/ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif Used to be that all women wanted to do for me was bake me cookies and do my laundry/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif. Diana, you have my mother's name, I will rack for you too/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Kato~~~who's next in the "R.J. will rack for me too please" line <hr></blockquote>

Geez, I even wrote the guy a story and I still can't get a break here! Watch it Kato, before I get in that line!! LOL
(Lorri bakes a mean chocolate chip cookie!)

CarolNYC
07-29-2002, 05:22 PM
Fran,
Thank YOU for always being there and for being an "ALL GOOD" part of my life!
We always did and always will have fun!
........."whats the use in sighing,you'll see the sun coming shining through,if you just SMILE!"
Carol /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

CarolNYC
07-29-2002, 05:26 PM
Uh,DUH!ha ha ha-thanks Heide,
And you never know-you may have the next world champion!
Carol~keeping her fingers crossed!

Kato
07-29-2002, 09:38 PM
Hockey? Isn't that played on ice? Sweetheart, I'm born and raised in Ft. Lauderdale. The only thing ice is used for down here is chilling beer.

Kato~~~went ice "stumbling" once and broke both my ankles in 39 places.

Kato
07-29-2002, 09:43 PM
Any of the wonderful women on this board that wanna bring me cookies and brownies and lasagna and other stuff that is yummy you'll find me in Virginia in September. Oh yeah, bring your best pool games to. I ain't rollin' over for every pretty face I see.

Kato~~~Dr. D, don't think I forgot about your generous offer of a night of dinner and pool. My kind of great time.

stickman
07-29-2002, 10:22 PM
I know how you feel Carol. /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif I played my first league game in about a year tonight. My match was against a skill level 2. I broke and made one ball on the break. It was about all I could do to hit the one ball. The lady walked up to the table and proceeded to run the table down to the nine. She missed the nine and left the cue ball froze to the rail at the head of the table and the nine froze at the foot end. I tried the long bank and missed and she made the nine. The rest of the match went pretty much the same way. I did manage a five ball run. Something tells me this little lady won't stay a 2 for long. LOL At least I didn't spend a lot of quarters. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

CarolNYC
07-30-2002, 04:07 AM
Ha Ha Ha-I love that little Stickman,
Well, being that it was your first game of the league, I am confident that you will make a comeback:)-I do not know what a level 2 means-is this APA?One season in my 9-ball league,the top 4 players make the playoff-Im playing this opponent who I have to spot the 7-ball-he starts controlling his cueball like he had telekinesis!I just couldnt understand it! Why would someone portray themselves as a lesser player?I would be proud to say I was an "A" player!
Carol~glad stickman has change in his pocket!:)

Doctor_D
07-30-2002, 05:03 AM
Good morning:

Why not, when the US Open is completed, drive up to NYC? You are only about 5 hours away!!!

Dr. D.

Kato
07-30-2002, 06:14 AM
I will have to confer with my compadre, Voodoo Daddy aka "Miami Slim"/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif. I know we wanna visit Chris in NC's room so we can shoot pool on 2 1/4" pockets.

Kato

Doctor_D
07-30-2002, 06:16 AM
Good morning:

Let me know when you be visiting Chris, as well as for how long, and I just might take a run to Boone myself!

Dr. D.

heater451
07-30-2002, 07:51 AM
C'mon Kato, Orlando has a hockey team--with one of the cooler names to:

The Solar Bears!

Kato
07-30-2002, 07:53 AM
Morning Doc. We planned on hitting Boone on the way home from the Open. I'm sure we'd spend at least 1 night. Our plans after Sunday, September 29 are a little fuzzy. I'll know more over the next 4 to 6 weeks.

Kato

Kato

Kato
07-30-2002, 07:58 AM
We've got an NHL team down here. They aren't very good but they're arena, The NCRC is top notch. Of course I'm talking about the Florida Panthers. I still can't skate and don't like cold, icey stuff.

Kato

stickman
07-30-2002, 08:42 AM
It is APA league, and a 2 is the lowest level there is. If this lady's a 2, I hope I don't match up against any of the good players. HaHaHaHa I played some of the best safeties I've ever played, and only once did I get BIH. She missed that one by just a hair. I watched her shoot two and three rail kicks to get out of my safeties. Actually the lady is a new player. APA starts new lady players out as 2's and new men players out as 4's until they have a skill level established. I've played APA, so I have an established skill level (5). This lady won't stay a 2 for long, playing like she played last night.

socrates
07-30-2002, 01:19 PM
Christ plays loose and very good but remember experience and treachery will overcome youth and cheese riding nine-year olds. Don't leave him a shot!!!.

CarolNYC
07-30-2002, 05:37 PM
Thank you for explaining the skill levels,now heres another thing that puzzles me-if the player is a new player,why arent they started at the highest level and weened down to where their appropriate spot should be? This woman is clearly better than a 2-boy that really upsets me-anyways, congratulations on your established level 5 /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif-Im rooting for you!:)
Carol

stickman
07-30-2002, 09:24 PM
No biggy, but it sure was a surprise. LOL By the time I get around to playing her again, I bet her skill level is more nearly right, then we'll see what happens. Thanks for the words of support. /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Voodoo Daddy
07-31-2002, 03:47 AM
Miami Slim?...Where in the Wide, Wide World of Sports did that come from? Do I have to list all the freaking names you have called me over the last year or so? Geez...Here's some you dont know. One guy in the PH when I was a kid called me "Young Grady" for my love of 1-hole. Another still calls me "The Sniper" and some kid now calls me "The Bus Driver" because I'm forever taking someone to school...HAHAHAHAHA!! Where does it end?