PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Cuemakers and Others - FULL SPLICE CUES

07-28-2002, 02:39 PM
Other than Hercek, Barry Szamboti and Pete Tascarella, are there other cuemakers out there (maybe even lesser know ones) who are known for doing a great full splice cue? I'm trying to find someone to build my dream cue for me, who is not married to strict wood and constructions specifications (and would not mind experimenting with different construction techniques). I would appreciate any leads on this. Thanks.

Doctor_D
07-28-2002, 02:54 PM
Good afternoon:

You might wish to speak with Bill Dominiak, www.dominiak.com (http://www.dominiak.com) , in regards to your request.

Bill can be reached directly at 716-768-7838

Tell him you were referred by Dr. D.

Dr. D.

07-28-2002, 03:23 PM
I am not sure that Barry Szamboti makes a full splice cue. All of the ones that I have seen are the short splice. Joel has alot of different designs to pick from. I recently heard that Bob Runde (formerly of Schon) has started to make some full splice cues. Although I have not seen one yet.

07-28-2002, 04:18 PM
What is a full splice and a short splice?

07-28-2002, 05:00 PM
A cue with full splice construction has points/prongs that are either part of the same piece of wood as the handle/butt OR that have been spliced into the handle/butt. Most cues these days are the short splice variety where the points do not go into the handle/butt.

07-28-2002, 06:07 PM
What is the advantage or functional difference of a full splice versus the other manufacturing techniques?