PDA

View Full Version : OK AZers, how about......

Chopstick
10-12-2007, 11:22 AM
a tournament. AZ vs CCB. We could do it at DCC or something.

How bout it guys? Are you feeling lucky? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
10-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Maybe your question wasn't challenging enough....
here's a suggestion:
“You’ve got to ask yourself one question: ‘Do I feel lucky?’ Well, do ya punk?” ...

cushioncrawler
10-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Are U talking to Me??
Are U talking to Me???

Rich R.
10-12-2007, 07:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> a tournament. AZ vs CCB. We could do it at DCC or something.

How bout it guys? Are you feeling lucky? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>
You may get a better response if you put this on the pool related side.

I would be more than willing to participate, but I will not be at the DCC. Of course, I would probably lose. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

wolfdancer
10-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Mac, your condition is getting worse...now you're repeating yourself in the same post, instead of consecutive posts...well,since summer is almost there for you...maybe the hot weather will help....

pooltchr
10-12-2007, 08:27 PM
If I were going to be there, I would be in...but since I post on both, I'm not sure which forum I would be playing for.
Steve

cushioncrawler
10-13-2007, 02:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Mac, your condition is getting worse... now you're repeating yourself in the same post, instead of consecutive posts...well,since summer is almost there for you...maybe the hot weather will help....<hr /></blockquote>Woolfy -- I am going to be bizzy in the annual ballarat v's bendigo billiardz on friday (this year it iz at the old colonists club in ballarat, the billiards room is out of this world, 20' ceilings etc) -- we (ballt) won in 2007 (in bendigo) -- we have 6 playerz on each side. I guess that it would be difficult to have a country-wide USA grudge-match -- perhaps one-on-one matches at the same time in half a dozen states, perhaps in varyus disciplines, and reporting back the rezults. madMac.

LWW
10-13-2007, 04:32 AM
This isn't directed at you Chopstick...but for the most part here, all I've seen is abject intellectual cowardice.

Until some of the supposed neoleft brains show the courage of their convictions...which they wisely have chosen not to do, as evidenced by them hiding from the light of truth now shining on their neoleft fantasies...I'm not sure any of them can actually grasp something as intellectually challenging as billiards.

And, I will freelu admit, am far from the best player in town.

I remain unimpressed with the caliber of discussion here by the neoleft.

LWW

wolfdancer
10-13-2007, 09:53 AM
They tournament sounds great....haven't watched a live Billiards match in years, but I have a few that Accu-Stats taped, that I slip into the VVCR (remember them ancient machines?)
That also reminds me...I haven't checked out Carom Cafe in awhile....

DickLeonard
10-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Wolfdancer what the hell is DCC? I am in the Dark I am still waiting for an Intelligent AZPost.####

DickLeonard
10-13-2007, 10:26 AM
Pooltchr okay Benedict Arnold choose your side.LOL####

Gayle in MD
10-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Derby City Classic, Dick. How are you dear?

Love,
Gaye

wolfdancer
10-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Dick, I see that Gayle has answered that for you. I've been
"going" to the DCC for about 5 yrs now, but haven't made it there yet. I do the next best thing, and get the streaming video online.
I haven't even gone to the AZB site for a few years now.....it can't be more then a rehash of everything that is written here,...and recent events here, have made me glad, I never started posting there. No wonder the site was always getting shut down....with just so much bandwidth available...it's like that old saying...you can't pack 10 lbs of s**t into a 5 lb bag.....
And now they have decided to do for BD what they did for AZB

hondo
10-13-2007, 12:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> a tournament. AZ vs CCB. We could do it at DCC or something.

How bout it guys? Are you feeling lucky? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Chop, if you're going to DCC this year look me up.
I'll be the big good-looking guy in the AZ room.

hondo
10-13-2007, 12:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Dick, I see that Gayle has answered that for you. I've been
"going" to the DCC for about 5 yrs now, but haven't made it there yet. I do the next best thing, and get the streaming video online.
I haven't even gone to the AZB site for a few years now.....it can't be more then a rehash of everything that is written here,...and recent events here, have made me glad, I never started posting there. No wonder the site was always getting shut down....with just so much bandwidth available...it's like that old saying...you can't pack 10 lbs of s**t into a 5 lb bag.....
And now they have decided to do for BD what they did for AZB <hr /></blockquote>

Wolfie, you ought to go this year. I'd like to meet you.

wolfdancer
10-13-2007, 12:50 PM
No, you wouldn't...I can hardly stand looking at that old guy what looks back at me from the mirror....I gave up shaving every day, just to avoid having my day ruined.....but
unlike Bush, I can see myself in the mirror when I look.
(you didn't think I was going to write a reply, and miss a chance to comment on the Prez?)

hondo
10-13-2007, 12:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> No, you wouldn't...I can hardly stand looking at that old guy what looks back at me from the mirror....I gave up shaving every day, just to avoid having my day ruined.....but
unlike Bush, I can see myself in the mirror when I look.
(you didn't think I was going to write a reply, and miss a chance to comment on the Prez?) <hr /></blockquote>

Well, I'm 59: bad back, overweight, balding, losing hair as we speak, partial dentures, legs &amp; ankles swell,
kidney problems, high blood pressure, diabetes, liver
going bad, but I'm still a babe magnet, and I can still
honky tonk at least once a week. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cushioncrawler
10-14-2007, 02:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> They tournament sounds great....haven't watched a live Billiards match in years, but I have a few that Accu-Stats taped, that I slip into the VVCR (remember them ancient machines?) That also reminds me...I haven't checked out Carom Cafe in awhile....<hr /></blockquote>Woolfy -- I gotta admit, us billiardz playerz look down on all other cuesports. Snooker, pool, 3-cushion, etc. Its a bit like watching guyz having a putting competition, and knowing that they are missing out on tee-shots and the iron-shots and chip-shots and bunker-shots etc. In english-billiardz u can play lots of wayz, cannons, loozerz, winnerz, top-of-the-table, red-ball play, nursery-cannonz, etc. I see threads here and on AZ from players who are browned-off and sick and tired of pool. Me, myself, i havnt enuff time to look into and experiment with english billiardz, i kood never get sick of it, its a different world. madMac.

cushioncrawler
10-14-2007, 02:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> This isn't directed at you Chopstick...but for the most part here, all I've seen is abject intellectual cowardice. Until some of the supposed neoleft brains show the courage of their convictions...which they wisely have chosen not to do, as evidenced by them hiding from the light of truth now shining on their neoleft fantasies... I'm not sure any of them can actually grasp something as intellectually challenging as billiards. And, I will freelu admit, am far from the best player in town. I remain unimpressed with the caliber of discussion here by the neoleft. LWW<hr /></blockquote>El -- I kood stitch u up with my left hand tied behind my back. U name it. Economics, Tornadoez, Gambling Theory, History, Politiks, Dynamics, Science, its your call. madMac. (Oh, but not pool, i admit i dont know much about pool, u kood give me the 6 here).

LWW
10-14-2007, 03:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cushioncrawler:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> This isn't directed at you Chopstick...but for the most part here, all I've seen is abject intellectual cowardice. Until some of the supposed neoleft brains show the courage of their convictions...which they wisely have chosen not to do, as evidenced by them hiding from the light of truth now shining on their neoleft fantasies... I'm not sure any of them can actually grasp something as intellectually challenging as billiards. And, I will freelu admit, am far from the best player in town. I remain unimpressed with the caliber of discussion here by the neoleft. LWW<hr /></blockquote>El -- I kood stitch u up with my left hand tied behind my back. U name it. Economics, Tornadoez, Gambling Theory, History, Politiks, Dynamics, Science, its your call. madMac. (Oh, but not pool, i admit i dont know much about pool, u kood give me the 6 here). <hr /></blockquote>
I'lltake history for a $100.00.

Let's rock big boy.

LWW

cushioncrawler
10-14-2007, 06:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr>I'lltake history for a $100.00. Let's rock big boy. LWW<hr /></blockquote>Ok -- Who won the next prezidential election in USA?? madMac.

wolfdancer
10-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Who really won in 2000?
and an even trickier one...who lost?
Ans: the American people
there is only one Republican that could win this election if he ran...the only one left with dignity and honor intact. The people would vote for him, but his own party would not support him......Colin Powell....a man of honor
Say, I'm wondering if Mitt Romney gets elected El Presidente, will that mean that Independence, Missouri will finally get the recognition it deserves as the Biblical site of the Garden of Eden?
Will I be allowed a couple of concubines?
Can I immigrate to Australia?

SKennedy
10-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Disappointed that a lib would be so intolerant about a Mormon candidate....but not surprised. We're you and Gayle just stating that religion should not be part of the debate, yet you make it part?

hondo
10-14-2007, 09:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SKennedy:</font><hr> Disappointed that a lib would be so intolerant about a Mormon candidate....but not surprised. We're you and Gayle just stating that religion should not be part of the debate, yet you make it part? <hr /></blockquote>

The Mormons believe that Joseph Smith found a bunch of writings and a special pair of glasses called urim &amp; thummin in the East that helped him translate those writings into
King James English. These writings state that Jesus
popped up in Utah, found a bunch of indians who were
the lost tribe of Israel and dictated some new teachings
to some character named Moroni!!!!
Do you not think that should be taken into consideration
when deciding if Romney should be our next President?

cushioncrawler
10-14-2007, 09:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>...Can I immigrate to Australia?...<hr /></blockquote>Ozz haz just introduced some tests for eligability for Ozz naturalization -- mostly theze questionz relate to driving a taxi.

Haz a mormon ever been head of the USA army navy airforce??? madMac.

wolfdancer
10-14-2007, 09:58 PM
Mac, I can drive a Taxi,and I look good in a turban....
which side of the road do they drive the taxis on....

cushioncrawler
10-14-2007, 10:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Mac, I can drive a Taxi,and I look good in a turban.... which side of the road do they drive the taxis on....<hr /></blockquote>On the left side of the road.... but dont let them know that u can drive a taxi, koz they will put u at the "wheel" of a tram. madMac.

bamadog
10-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Only by bigots or people not familiar with the Constitution.

bamadog
10-14-2007, 11:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Who really won in 2000?
Ans: the American people
there is only one Republican that could win this election if he ran...the only one left with dignity and honor intact. The people would vote for him, but his own party would not support him......Colin Powell....a man of honor
Say, I'm wondering if Mitt Romney gets elected El Presidente, will that mean that Independence, Missouri will finally get the recognition it deserves as the Biblical site of the Garden of Eden?
Will I be allowed a couple of concubines?
Can I immigrate to Australia? <hr /></blockquote>

And Colin Powell recently said this about the war and our reasons for being there.

"Powell said the president acted in good faith. No, said Powell, he didn't feel "used." And no, when some of the United Nations presentation information turned out wrong – specifically WMD-related aluminum tubes and mobile labs – he never thought about resigning. True, Saddam possessed no stockpiles of WMD, but our intelligence agencies reasonably assumed otherwise. Furthermore, the dictator fully intended to reconstitute his chemical and biological weapons program. And anyone who thinks otherwise, said Powell, suffers from a "naive belief."

Did the president lie or mislead us?

Powell: "We went to war on the basis that we have a terrible regime ... it's been terrible forever. What makes it so terrible now – in the aftermath of 9-11 – is that they had demonstrated that they will use these weapons. They've used them against their own people, they've used them against the enemy. They had them at the time of the first Gulf War. ... And the intelligence community said and had every reason to believe that they not only had the capability of having them again, but they have stockpiles. And that was the precipitating cause. ... I'm glad Saddam Hussein is gone. But the case that we took to the world and the case that we took to the American people rested not just in his human rights abuses or his cheating on the Oil-for-Food program, it rested on the real and present danger of weapons of mass destruction that he could use against his neighbors, or terrorists could use against us."

LWW
10-15-2007, 04:00 AM
That's not history, but I didn't expect anyone to take me up for real.

LWW

LWW
10-15-2007, 04:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Who really won in 2000?
Ans: the American people...
...Can I immigrate to Australia? <hr /></blockquote>
Well, in the general election Bush won. In the recount Bush won. In the second recount Bush won. In the courts Bush won. In all of the recounts done afterwards Bush won. In the 2004 rematch Bush won.

The loser was the dignity of the DNC.

Against a very beatable candidate in 2 elections, who do they run?

ReCount Dracula and Herman Munster.

LWW

Chopstick
10-15-2007, 08:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> a tournament. AZ vs CCB. We could do it at DCC or something.

You may get a better response if you put this on the pool related side.

I would be more than willing to participate, but I will not be at the DCC. Of course, I would probably lose. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I've been thinking about it for a while. Since we have a few AZers here now, I thought I would float the idea and see what happens.

Chopstick
10-15-2007, 08:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> a tournament. AZ vs CCB. We could do it at DCC or something.

Chop, if you're going to DCC this year look me up.
I'll be the big good-looking guy in the AZ room. <hr /></blockquote>

I think I will go next year. Can't let DeeMan have all the fun.

Chopstick
10-15-2007, 08:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cushioncrawler:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr>I'lltake history for a $100.00. Let's rock big boy. LWW<hr /></blockquote>Ok -- Who won the next prezidential election in USA?? madMac. <hr /></blockquote>

Ya know Mac, sometimes that sense of humor of yours just gets lost in the shuffle. Pretty funny. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Deeman3
10-15-2007, 08:38 AM

How bout it guys? Are you feeling lucky? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">

Let's do it. </font color>

Chopstick
10-15-2007, 08:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Wolfdancer what the hell is DCC? I am in the Dark I am still waiting for an Intelligent AZPost.#### <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Ya know guys, #### may be a bit loopy at times, but as far as I am concerned, anybody who can run a hundred, right or left handed, can say anything they want to and that is just fine with me. Just giving respect where respect is due.</font color>

Chopstick
10-15-2007, 08:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> a tournament. AZ vs CCB. We could do it at DCC or something.

How bout it guys? Are you feeling lucky? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">

Let's do it. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Ah, there you are. I know they have some really strong guys over there. I don't know if we can take em, but it would be fun finding out.

Deeman3
10-15-2007, 09:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr>Ah, there you are. I know they have some really strong guys over there. I don't know if we can take em, but it would be fun finding out. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> We could do it on site, upstairs when the others are in the bar. Hell, I don't sleep but about 8 hours total all week anyway. We have to have Fred even if he posts on both sites.

Yes, they have a strong team but we might sneak up on 'em. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

SKennedy
10-15-2007, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the lesson on Mormonism, which I really did not need. Despite what they do or do not believe, you still miss my point! Obviously, the only thing that matters to you is if a candidate believes the way you do..and that is fine..just be honest about it. Again, "you guys" claim to own the store when it comes to "tolerance" and yet you are actually the least tolerant of all.

hondo
10-15-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm lost, Kennedy. You're saying that what a person believes
is not important when considering them for President?!?!?!

wolfdancer
10-15-2007, 01:57 PM
and what do you find intolerant?...According to the History Channels series...there is a belief that that is the site of Eden....and having more then one wife was very popular early on....today though we frown on 13 yr old brides. Sorry, but while the Mormons do a lot of good, I have the same problem that I do with Christian Scientists, and Scientologists.
I'm sure if their faith is strong enough, they'll survive my little barbs. The fears over electing a Catholic, when JFK ran produced much worse stuff then I could ever write.
But really...isn't the right the most intolerant group, next to say, extremist Islamists
I mean, you have to buy into the whole package,ignore anything revealed that casts a negative light.. or else you are UnAmerican

bamadog
10-15-2007, 02:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> and what do you find intolerant?...According to the History Channels series...there is a belief that that is the site of Eden....and having more then one wife was very popular early on....today though we frown on 13 yr old brides. Sorry, but while the Mormons do a lot of good, I have the same problem that I do with Christian Scientists, and Scientologists.
I'm sure if their faith is strong enough, they'll survive my little barbs. The fears over electing a Catholic, when JFK ran produced much worse stuff then I could ever write.
But really...isn't the right the most intolerant group, next to say, extremist Islamists
I mean, you have to buy into the whole package,ignore anything revealed that casts a negative light.. or else you are UnAmerican <hr /></blockquote>

If the right is the "most intolerant group", as you state,
can you give a couple of examples of Conservatives shouting down Liberal speakers?
We know the tolerant, free speech-loving Libs do it all the time.

Deeman3
10-15-2007, 03:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bamadog:</font><hr> <hr /></blockquote>

If the right is the "most intolerant group", as you state,
can you give a couple of examples of Conservatives shouting down Liberal speakers?
We know the tolerant, free speech-loving Libs do it all the time. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> That is one of about 6 questions you won't get answered honestly on here. It has been asked and ducked before. We are not going to convert them and they are not going to convert us. GWB has and will be the real problem until he is out of office. Frredom to shout down your opponent is o.k. from the left but not from the right. Eitherway, it is freedom of speech only when they see it. </font color>

SKennedy
10-15-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm on the right and I think I am very tolerant of others as long as they are tolerant of me. They are free to do as they will, as long as they obey our laws, etc. I am not tolerant of those who want to curtail my freedom. While I do not agree with Mormonism, as long as they are law-abiding citizens and not forcing me to believe the way they do, then they have the same inherent rights as any of us and I afford them the respect they deserve......just as I would any other group, aetheists included. I have problems with those who want to tell me what an idiot I am and treat me in a disrespectful manner because of my beliefs. Just like you wolfie....I respect you and would assume you would respect me also, despite our differences. I will not likely vote for Romney in the primary. But, the decision is based upon the man, not his beliefs. While I do not agree with Mormonism I will at least say they are a peaceful group who are generally respectful of others. I have many so-called "Christian brothers" out there who are not so peaceful and respectful. Look at what protestants and catholics have done to each other.

All in all I just find it ironic that the left is the first to bring up someone's personal religion and beliefs as an issue for the upcoming election.

wolfdancer
10-15-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm not on the left...I'm neutral...
and there was no direct attack on anyone's beliefs....just a couple of tasteless comments (for which I am known) re some historical facts.

SKennedy
10-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Hey, I'm all for a few tasteless comments.......

LWW
10-15-2007, 03:38 PM
That may be the funniest thing I've ever heard you say.

Neutral my arse.

You were just on AZB admitting to be unknowledgeable and refusing to listen to anyone who doesn't agree with your myopic POV.

Neutral.

That's a good one.

LWW

Ace
10-15-2007, 04:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> a tournament. AZ vs CCB. We could do it at DCC or something.

Let's do it. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Ah, there you are. I know they have some really strong guys over there. I don't know if we can take em, but it would be fun finding out. <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Chopstick,
I have been playing for a couple of weeks and I really like this game. I've even tried my best to beat Deeman before. I'll play on your team, if beginners luck will help?