PDA

View Full Version : How to identify McDermott Cue?

Upseventh
10-15-2007, 01:08 AM
I have a McDermott cue that I have used for years that I bought used. How can I identify the model I have? I have been to McDermott's website but did not see it. I do not have a digital camera for pics so I will try to describe it.
Fist of all it has the "M" in a white outlined shamrock, so I know it is a McDermott. I is Red stained with 2 Black Widow Spiders between wrap and the butt of the stick. Wide black plastic collars on each side of the joint. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Brian Lester

DSAPOLIS
10-15-2007, 06:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Upseventh:</font><hr> I have a McDermott cue that I have used for years that I bought used. How can I identify the model I have? I have been to McDermott's website but did not see it. I do not have a digital camera for pics so I will try to describe it.
Fist of all it has the "M" in a white outlined shamrock, so I know it is a McDermott. I is Red stained with 2 Black Widow Spiders between wrap and the butt of the stick. Wide black plastic collars on each side of the joint. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Brian Lester <hr /></blockquote>

I found this in their discontinued cue section... from your description, it sounds like this is what you have.

http://www.mcdermottcue.com/images/TimeCapsule/RSSeries/RS13.jpg

This is an RS13 made between 1995 and 1997. The cues are produced with a wide variety of different stains, so if your stain is a little different - that is to be expected. Hope this helps, if its not your cue, I apologize for wasting your time - you can look up the discontinued/retired cues at this link:
McDermott Cue Time Capsule (http://www.mcdermottcue.com/TimeCapsule.asp)

Cornerman
10-15-2007, 09:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Upseventh:</font><hr> I have a McDermott cue that I have used for years that I bought used. How can I identify the model I have? I have been to McDermott's website but did not see it. I do not have a digital camera for pics so I will try to describe it.
Thanks,
Brian Lester <hr /></blockquote>Like this?

http://www.poolndarts.com/index.cfm?CFID=4248698&amp;CFTOKEN=d8d6fc3b32668782-E80C4CA4-D61C-4F06-BA24728DDB01FC0B&amp;fuseaction=Catalog.Product&amp;displa yView=closeup&amp;productID=5894

Upseventh
10-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Cornerman, This is the closest I've seen so far. My wrap is solid black. Also mine has the Black widow spider only ( no spider web or 8 ball). This appears on 2 sides. Good find but not quite it.
Thanks,
Brian Lester

Upseventh
10-15-2007, 11:38 PM
If it helps any, I bought this cue used in '98. All I can seem to find is the one you found above, it wasn't made until 2007.

cmekanik
01-25-2008, 11:29 PM
Do you have a pic of this cue? I believe that I have the same cue. I picked mine up in late 95. Yours sounds just like mine.

randyg
01-26-2008, 08:15 AM
That's the "Masterpiece" series....SPF=randyg