PDA

View Full Version : How to boil eggs without setting the house on fire

Chopstick
10-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Yes, believe it or not I found a way to do kitchen stuff that does not set off the smoke alarm. This is where I first saw this thing.

Richard Simmons Steamer on Letterman. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SCJLlSf21Y)

Yeah I know, Richard Simmons, but this thing does a good job and if it runs out of water it just shuts off.

Gayle in MD
10-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Hey Chop,
I thought we already covered this about the eggs. Remember, you never boil eggs, you put them in cold water with a pinch of salt to keep them from cracking, bring them up to the boil, cover, and set them off the burner, and then time them, 3 minutes for soft, or 20 minutes for hard.
For hard boiled, you then take the pot to the sink, pour cold water in as you drain, until the water is all cold, then crack the shells up pretty good, especially the big end. Take them out one at a time, and roll between your hands. The shells come right off.

Two things you never boil, tea, and eggs.

Just because you don't agree with my politics, that doesn't mean you can't trust my recipes, LMAO.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chopstick
10-15-2007, 11:38 AM
It's the part about taking things off the burner that I can't seem to get right. I bought a tea maker too. Hard boiled tea is not very good. It made some kind of weird foam on top. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I do trust your recipes and you as well to a certain degree. I do not trust the sources of your information. Now days all information should be questioned no matter where it came from.

What's with all the red ink lately? Not that I read it, and it has nothing to do with the content, my eyes just cannot track in large mono-blocks of text.

SKennedy
10-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Thanks Gayle. My wife boils eggs by boiling them without salt for at least 45 minutes!! But then again, I didn't marry her for her cooking skills.

Gayle in MD
10-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Hey Chop,
Hard boiled tea, LMAO! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I think you may have discovered something new there.

As for my sources, you can trust them also, just pick a subject, and I'll provide you with views from the right and the left, and also dead center, along with documentation from government investigations, and agencies.

I do hope you realize that many of the critical books being written about this administration, are actually being written by people who have long been known as Republican conservatives. I read their books, also.

C-Span, on the other hand, is live coverage, of testimony, which is invaluable in deciding on any issue. Programs like Frontline, and Charlie Rose, and C-Span's series on presidential history, they actually play the tapes from the various administrations, are tops.

One must read a number of books by a number of authors in order to reach a reliable conclusion. I often post book titles, and sight those statistics, and government studies, to support my conclusions, and those of the authors whose books I recommend. They're all well respected in the field of journalism, and reporting. Take the lies that led us into this war, for example, there were atleast twelve books, of the more than thirty or forty written on the subject, with timelines. I read those which had recieved the best reviews, and they all lent themselves to the dishonesty and incompetency of this administration, and the fiasco in Iraq. Take , for example, Jawbreaker written by the man who led the Special Forces into Afghanistan to get bin Laden, can't even think of his name right now, Gary Bertsen, and books like Fiasco, State Of Denial, Hubris, Worse Than Watergate, Broken Branch, United States Of America VS George W. Bush, I'm just naming a few, but when one reads a list of books, about a particular subject, and the authors have documentation provided, the truth does begin to emerge, particularly when the sources are non partisan, as in from both sides, and the middle. You can trust this much, they did lie, and there was no connection to 9/11, they did not find the WMD they said were there, Saddam was no immediate threaat, they did cherry pick the evidence from known liars, and outdated intelligence, and they are incompetent, power mongers, who lie, over and over, and find others to swear to their lies.

I only use red ink to separate my comments from quotes, written by others.

Hey, I think you should do all your cooking outside on the grill. You shound like a kitchen cabinet terrorist! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Drop1
10-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Bet Bush couldn't boil an egg. Hell,he can't even cook rice. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DickLeonard
10-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Drop1 you don't think he cooked Rice.Maby Condi has a stained blouse/dress hmmm VEERRY INNNTERESTING.####

Gayle in MD
10-16-2007, 06:56 AM
The only thing he has cooked is intelligence. He's also burned up the entire CIA, turning it into a nothing more than a political organization to be used for political purposes, hence, the unprecedented numbers of resignations after he refused to listen to the experts who were begging him to take the coming 9/11 threat, seriously. He went fishing, instead. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

LWW
10-16-2007, 07:28 AM
Evidence?

LWW