PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Pool Hall Gone

PoolFool
10-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Pugsley's shut the doors Sunday for good. Not making enough $$$ I guess. With PettyPoint and Pugsley's gone and Salute's with red tables, I guess I'll just quit.

PoolFool

9baller
10-15-2007, 05:57 PM
i,ve never been out that way,but it`s always sad to here of a classic place closing it`s doors /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

ceebee
10-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Pugsley's was a great venue, sorry to see that happen. I went there one evening, to meet a friend & business associate. I didn't have my cues or playing glasses, my buddy had to drag me away from the place.

Those kind of places are hard to find. It seems that cultivating drinkers, instead of a Pool Family, which is highly competitive, is a negative.

The place will be missed.

New2Pool
10-16-2007, 06:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ceebee:</font><hr> Pugsley's was a great venue, sorry to see that happen. I went there one evening, to meet a friend &amp; business associate. I didn't have my cues or playing glasses, my buddy had to drag me away from the place.

Those kind of places are hard to find. It seems that cultivating drinkers, instead of a Pool Family, which is highly competitive, is a negative.

The place will be missed.

<hr /></blockquote>

Sorry to be off topic but what are "playing glasses"? I am over 40 so I have to use reading glasses now but I think I can see the table OK without glass. (Seeing the balls is another matter, they are a lot smaller.) How bad does your eyesite need to be to need glasses? At least I have a new excuse for missing easy shots now! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SPetty
10-16-2007, 11:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PoolFool:</font><hr> With PettyPoint and Pugsley's gone and Salute's with red tables, I guess I'll just quit. <hr /></blockquote>PettyPoint ain't quite gone yet. Don't count it out until November 4...

I thought you had already used the "I'm working too much to play" excuse to quit... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

RIP Pugsley's Library (http://www.pugsleys.com) (named after a dog)

PoolFool
10-16-2007, 03:46 PM
Well, I do work too much to play like I use to (15-20 hrs /wk). But, I tried to play 2-3 hrs on Sat. afternoons at Pugsley's.

PoolFool

Sid_Vicious
10-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Hi Guy! As far as Pugsley's, that place had a location issue. You need apt complexes near by in droves, and it didn't. Sorry for being a nay sayer, yet that's my honest feeling. Besides, it was a heck of a giant sized venue and a lot of overhead...sid

PoolFool
10-17-2007, 08:20 AM
Yea , I know. If you remember, it was a multi screen theater in the 80's. But, I still have a lot of good memories. I played Allison in one of the upstairs rooms. I even played SPetty there once. (She ran the table on me)

PoolFool

heater451
10-17-2007, 09:24 AM
http://www.billiard-eyeglasses.com/

===================

Eric.
10-17-2007, 11:03 AM
Dammit, Heater, how are things in the Dirty?

Eric &gt;hasn't been in ATL in a while