PDA

View Full Version : finding my table online,and is it worth recovering

9baller
10-15-2007, 05:24 PM
hi guys/gals
i have a 2 part qestion.
#1. is how can i track down my table online to show you it?
the table i have is not all that fancy,i got it as a present used and i think they paid like 6 or 7 hundred for it.i cant seem to find it online,
it`s like 6ft by 3 ft (i thought it was a 7 footer) i belive (not exactly sure where to mesure from). underneath the info reads that is is actully
"slatex"
brunswick table
pioneer oak
model # BG
and has a date of mar 06 1996.can any of you help me find this model online so i can show you it by posting the pic?

the reason i want to show you is my cloth is pretty worn and has some scratch`es and cig burns,though at this point there is NOT any actaul rips or holes from the light burns.
as i posted i want to get a nice cue stick,and i have also been considering getting it recovered when i,mm able to afford it,and i wanted to see if you guys thought it would be even worth spending the money to recover a table like this.it is a nice table that i get very much enjoyment from,but it`s not a very spectacular high class table that runs into the thousands.

oh ya,i wanted to cover it with "simons cloth" if i do have it recovered.i like to play 9-ball,but also play the other games as well,and they have different cloth types that have different speeds
[ QUOTE ]
Simonis 860™ - The New Standard for Pool

Developed especially for 9-Ball.
Slightly Slower than the #760 Blend.
Combed worsted wool, high thread count and higher wool content assure long lasting wear and reduced
ball burning.
Nap-free... will not pill, fluff or shed.
Available in 66" and 78" widths.
Available in 16 colors: Simonis Green, Electric Blue, Powder Blue, Red, Burgundy, Gold, Camel, Wine, Spruce, Blue Green, Dark Green, Marine Blue, Black, Olive, Grey and Tournament Blue. Color Chart
Simonis 760™ - The Original Worsted Blend

Combed worsted wool and high thread count assure long lasting wear.
Nap-free...will not pill, fluff or shed.
Available in 66" and 78" widths.
High-Speed play for Bank Pool, Straight Pool and One-Pocket.
Available in 13 colors: Simonis Green, Electric Blue, Red, Burgundy, Gold, Camel, Wine, Spruce, Blue Green, Dark Green, Marine Blue, Black, and Grey. Color Chart
Simonis 300™ RAPIDE™ - International High-Speed Carom

Extra fine threads for high-speed play.
Combed worsted wool for long-lasting wear.
Nap-free... will not pill, fluff or shed.
Available in 78" wide.
Approved by International Carom Federation for tournament play.
Available in Blue-Green, Simonis Green and Delsa Blue <hr /></blockquote>
what cloth would you guys sugjest i go with? like i said,i like nine ball,but also play 8 and others aswell.

thank you all very much for your input/advice /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
you guys rock!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9baller
12-27-2007, 02:40 PM
hmm,no answers /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
maybe i,ll just bump this.maybe i,ll get lucky /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BigRigTom
12-27-2007, 06:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9baller:</font><hr> hmm,no answers /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
maybe i,ll just bump this.maybe i,ll get lucky /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

9baller you should just take a picture of your table and upload it for us to see.
If it has slatex it is probable a pretty inexpensive table but sounds like you know that already, but then you contradite that by saying it is a Brunswick. I don't believe Brunswick ever made a table with slatex.

As for measuring the table:
You measure the "playing surface" from bumper nose to bumper nose. A 7' table should be 40" x 80", an 8' should be 44" x 88", and 8' pro size is 46" x 92" and a 9' will be 50" x 100".
You should also notice that the ratio is always 2 times as long as wide...this is a long time standard.

If your table is a Brunswick then it is worth recovering and you can't go wrong with Simonis 860.

Good luck and I'll watch for the picture if you chose to post one.

9baller
01-05-2008, 06:51 PM
thank you.i just mesured it a relized it`s actully only i 5ft table /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
the sticker underneath does say brunswick,as i belive the brass plate on the end rail did before the sticker part got worn off.
i dont know how to upload pics from my sisters camara,but i,ll ask her boyfriend.
maybe i can find an exstencion wire to the web cam and show you some time /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

darn i wish i had a 9 ft table /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif isnt that the size the pro`s play on?