PDA

View Full Version : Scoring racks with coins along the diamonds

02-25-2002, 05:24 AM
Hi, I am from the UK and over here on the UK9Ball Tour, racks are scored with the use of coins, so if one rack goes to a player, he moves his coin along to the next diamond.
Is that also done over in the US?

02-25-2002, 07:05 AM
yes

Doctor_D
02-25-2002, 07:17 AM
Good morning:

Typically, scoring is maintained either on an overhead "Wire" or with the scoring wheels installed on the tables themselves. However, I have seen players using coins along the rails to record their scores.

Dr. D.

02-25-2002, 08:54 AM
Yep, and predominently when playing money games. It is very common in tournaments, takes the pressure off of wondering your score to be able to see the coins....sid~~~sees lots of pennies leftover on tables from the last pair of players

Nostroke
02-25-2002, 11:59 AM
Noboody in their right mind would use the "WHEELS" FOR keeping a score in serious match. They spin randomly when u brush them, they can be moved surreptitiously and they cant be seen unless you are right on top of them.

Interestingly enough, in NY they start the coins from the rack end of the table and in Fla from the breaking area.

02-25-2002, 12:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Nostroke:</font><hr>
Interestingly enough, in NY they start the coins from the rack end of the table and in Fla from the breaking area. <hr></blockquote>

Wow! That is interesting. I always thought it was common practice nationwide to keep the count starting in the kitchen. That's the way it is in the greater midwest area.

cuechick
02-26-2002, 08:54 PM
Actually I live in NYC most players I have seen and played start in the breaking area. When I played at the BCA Q'er at Comet one opponent started them behind the rack and she was from Deleware...? That was the first time I'd seen that.

02-26-2002, 11:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Nostroke:</font><hr> Interestingly enough, in NY they start the coins from the rack end of the table and in Fla from the breaking area. <hr></blockquote>
That is interesting seeing how Floridians are originally from New York. Wonder why they change?