PDA

View Full Version : Is there a best time of year to buy a cue?

New2Pool
10-16-2007, 10:11 AM
I have noticed a lot of cue-buying threads lately and I appreciate all the great advice the more experienced players have been giving about the different cue options. For those of us considering a new cue but who don't have a strong brand or type preference is there a best time of year to buy a cue to get the best price?

I wouldn't mind buying a discontinued cue model for a discount since I am more worried about function than style at this point. (When your game gives you away as a beginner an expensive cue is not going to fool anyone into thinking you are a decent player.)

supergreenman
10-16-2007, 04:21 PM
I find prices on the Internet (fleabay) tend to be a little lower in the spring - mid summer.

1Time
10-17-2007, 08:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote supergreenman:</font><hr> I find prices on the Internet (fleabay) tend to be a little lower in the spring - mid summer. <hr /></blockquote>

That sounds right to me. "pool season" is usually when it's cooler or colder outside. And so, with warmer weather there's less of a demand for pool cues which lowers their prices.

nAz
10-17-2007, 09:36 PM
maybe if you go to an expo such as valley forge in March.
you can find a great deal on cues there, especially towards the end of the expo, when i believe most dealers would give you a better deal... only problem with that is there may not be much or any selection by then.

bsmutz
10-18-2007, 10:59 AM
When the moon is in the seventh house and Mercury aligns with Mars...

1Time
10-18-2007, 11:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bsmutz:</font><hr> When the moon is in the seventh house and Mercury aligns with Mars... <hr /></blockquote>

The Fifth Dimension was the first band I ever saw, in '69.

Aquarius

"When the Moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius
The Age of Aquarius
Aquarius! Aquarius!"

ripper144
11-06-2007, 01:07 AM
The best time of the year to buy billiard cues is Every christmas and on your birthdays, and buy them as gifts for yourself. You will like yourself much better!!!