PDA

View Full Version : Has a precedent been set here

wolfdancer
10-17-2007, 04:09 PM
...not here, here, and not by Shemp and Larry, who couldn't set their own alarm clock...
BUT, by President Bush. Will future Presidents append the oath
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
<font color="blue">" and at this time, issue myself a Presidential pardon for the crimes I will commit during my term of office! "</font color>
"So help me, God" (optional)

Vapros
10-17-2007, 05:53 PM
You make it sound like GWB invented 'crimes while in office.' That's downright ludicrous. You dug pretty deep for that cheap shot.

wolfdancer
10-17-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm sorry...thought he was the first to pardon himself for past and future crimes...and wondered if that set a new standard?
I guess I must have misread the pardon
It's only a cheap shot to you because he's your hero.
I hate to tell you this, but one of the reasons the framers had in mind for impeachment was the abuse of the Presidential Pardon....and there never has been a clearer case then this.
He didn't invent the crimes, but he may have invented the get out of jail card...

Vapros
10-17-2007, 06:45 PM
He's no hero of mine. I only objected to the low blow.

wolfdancer
10-17-2007, 07:35 PM
The board has never been known to have high standards of civility...I've done my part to lower the bar, but we'll be doing the limbo, figuratively, to get under the bar,in just a short time. Actually it'll be without me here

LAMas
10-17-2007, 08:02 PM
I hope that he pardons the Border Guards, Ramos and Campion.

wolfdancer
10-17-2007, 08:31 PM
I don't know how many he's got left, nor what the going price is...but Cheney, needs one, maybe Rice,probably Gonzales should keep one for insurance....well, shoot now...why not just issue a blanket pardon for all cabinet members, close friends, and associates.......

wolfdancer
10-18-2007, 01:13 AM
here's a couple I didn't have to dig deep for:

Alberto Gonzales enjoys a reputation for covering George W. Bush's back.
In 1996, for example, Gonzales, as Bush's general counsel, managed to get the then-Texas governor excused from jury duty, thus saving Bush from having to disclose a 1976 arrest for drunk driving.
Bush rewarded Gonzales' loyalty by subsequently appointing him Texas' secretary of state and then to a seat on the Texas Supreme Court. And today, Gonzales is still watching Bush's flank as White House counsel.
4/10/06 George W. Bush quotes- ``We need to understand that we're a nation of immigrants" (Thanks for the info but... you left out the word legal)"And therefore, it makes sense to allow the good-hearted ...uh... people who are coming here to do jobs that... uh... Americans won't do a legal way to do so" (Americans won't do a legal way to do so? Double W speak)
"We want our Border Patrol agents chasing, you know...uh.. crooks and thieves and drug-runners and uh...terrorists, not good-hearted people who are coming here to work." (He left out the word legally at the end)

June 1977
George W. Bush formed his own oil drilling company, Arbusto Energy, in Midland, Tex. James R. Bath, a friend and neighbor, was used to funnel money from Osama bin Laden's brother, Salem bin Laden to set up George W. Bush in the oil business, according to The Wall Street Journal and other reputable sources.

Salem bin Laden, a close friend of the Saudi King Fahd had "invested heavily in Bush's first business venture," according to The Daily Mail (U.K.).

Bath found investors for Arbusto and "made his fortune" by investing the money of two BCCI-connected Saudi sheiks, Khalid bin Mahfouz and Salem bin Laden. Mahfouz was one of the richest men in the world and a controlling shareholder in BCCI.
Note: BCCI was not a bank. It was a drug and weapons conduit and money laundering operation fronting as a bank

Bill White, a former real estate business partner of Bath, said: "He had put up $50,000 to help George, Jr., get started in oil business" at a time when "Bath had no substantial money of his own," according to The Outlaw Bank. Shortly after Bush's father was appointed director of the CIA, Salem bin Laden appointed Bath as his business representative in Texas. (American Free Press, 10-07-01)

Accusations appeared that entrepreneur James R. Bath guided money to Houston from Saudi investors who wanted to influence US policy under the Reagan and Bush administrations. Tax documents and personal financial records show that Bath personally had a 5 percent interest in Arbusto '79 Ltd., and Arbusto '80 Ltd., limited partnerships controlled by George W. Bush, President Bush's eldest son. Arbusto means 'bush' in Spanish. Bath invested $ 50,000 in the limited partnerships, according to the documents. There is no available evidence to show whether the money came from Saudi interests.
Bush said that to his knowledge, Bath's investment was from personal funds, and no Saudi money was invested in Arbusto.

Bath, 55, a former U.S. Air Force pilot, declined to comment for the record. Spokesmen for FinCEN and the FBI also declined to comment. According to a 1976 trust agreement, drawn shortly after Bush was appointed director of the Central Intelligence Agency, Saudi Sheik Salem M. Binladen appointed Bath as his business representative in Houston. Binladen, along with his brothers, owns Binladen Brothers Construction, one of the largest construction companies in the Middle East. According to White, Bath told him that he had assisted the CIA in a liaison role with Saudi Arabia since 1976. Bath has previously denied having worked for the CIA . . . Bath received a 5 percent interest in the companies that own and operate Houston Gulf Airport after purchasing it on behalf of Binladen in 1977.

George W. Bush's company, Bush Exploration Co., general partner in the limited partnerships, went through several mergers, eventually evolving into Harken Energy Corp., a suburban Dallas-based company. Stock symbol HEC

George W. Bush sells two-thirds of his Harken Energy stock at the top of the market for $850,000, a 200% profit, but makes no report to the SEC until March 1991. Bush Jr. says later the SEC misplaced the report. An SEC representative responds: "nobody ever found the 'lost' filing." One week after Bush's sale, Harken reports an earnings plunge. Harken stock falls more than 60%. Bush uses most of the proceeds to pay off the bank loan he had taken a year earlier to finance his portion of the Texas Rangers deal.

Saddam Hussein invades Kuwait. Harken's stock price drops substantially. Two months after Bush sells his stock, Harken posts losses for the 2nd quarter of well over $20 million and is shares fall another 24%, by year end Harken is trading at $1.25. Bush has insisted that he did not know about the firm's mounting losses and that his stock sell-off was approved by Harken's general counsel.

Pretty much old news Bush/Bin/ HEC/SEC/DUI

web page (http://www.warriorsfortruth.com/bush-oil.html)

LWW
10-18-2007, 07:48 AM
You keep refering to this pardon, yet oddly have never offered evidence of it's actual existence?

LWW

LWW
10-18-2007, 07:49 AM
No, it's only a cheap shot because all you are capable of is a cheap shot.

LWW

LWW
10-18-2007, 07:50 AM
Yes you have.

LWW

LWW
10-18-2007, 07:51 AM
Oh c'mon...pardons are only for those wealthy enough to buy one.

OOPS!

Sorry, I had a Clinton flashback. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LWW

LWW
10-18-2007, 07:53 AM
OH MY GAWD!!!!

He got out of jury duty!!!

When do the impeachment proceedings begin.

Face it, you have nothing but hate.

LWW