PDA

View Full Version : over sixty five

Drop1
10-17-2007, 08:50 PM
One third of all Americans over the age of sixty five,depend 100% on Social Security,for their income,which by the way has lost 40% of its buying power,due to higher drug costs. In an unprecedented show of generosity, it was announced today,they will be receiving a 2.3% increase,to help off set the lost forty percent.

nAz
10-17-2007, 09:41 PM
damn... ha even more reason to start my own religion. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Drop imagine if there was no SS at all? wonder what life would be like for those people. maybe some other program would have sprung up.

Drop1
10-18-2007, 08:37 AM
I think Bush has a plan to draft them,and let them take their dialosis machines with them. "Im the President of all the people," he belched.

LWW
10-18-2007, 09:09 AM
PLEASE!

People today are getting far more from SSI than they ever put in.

The next generation will never get back what they put in.

All in the name of buying votes.

BTW,where on Oit did you get your 40% reduction in buying power?

Lastly, I have little sympathy for someone who lived 65 years healthily and hasn't saved a nickle.

LWW

Drop1
10-18-2007, 09:33 AM
From Yahoo. What you feel is not important,the facts are,something will need to be done for them.

LWW
10-18-2007, 09:52 AM
Got a link?

I'd like to read the story.

LWW

wolfdancer
10-18-2007, 12:44 PM
I gave up reading his posts...but sounds like he's doubting facts? again?
I'm going to wait until he gets up to speed with his "material" He came over here to "hunt bear" but he's only got buckshot in his rifle. All this new s**t he's bringing up to snowball us with....them stories are in newspapers, I wrapped the fish in and put in my freezer...and that was last year's catch ...or maybe the year before's
As Yogi once said "it's like deja vu all over again"
I'm not too good with metaphors...but imagine you are talking about the "Survivors" tv show, and his end of the conversation is about "Gilligan's Island"

DickLeonard
10-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Drop1 I had some of my money in Enron, that was a great savings plan. I had more in Hakin oil.####

DickLeonard
10-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Wolfdancer I think I am going over to the pool side for a while.####

LWW
10-18-2007, 01:33 PM
So, you haven't seen the article either...you just choose to believe in it's existence. Kind of like the tooth fairy.

LWW

wolfdancer
10-18-2007, 01:47 PM
Dick, I don't blame you...even up there though, the wolf pack is on the attack against a lone poster.

Qtec
10-18-2007, 02:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> PLEASE!

People today are getting far more from SSI than they ever put in. <font color="blue"> Got a link? </font color>

The next generation will never get back what they put in.<font color="blue"> Got a link? </font color>

All in the name of buying votes.<font color="blue"> Got a link? </font color>

BTW,where on Oit did you get your 40% reduction in buying power?

Lastly, I have little sympathy for someone who lived 65 years healthily and hasn't saved a nickle.<font color="blue"> No surprise there! </font color>

LWW <hr /></blockquote>

You question EVERY fact but never provide a link to your own assertions.

Q [ can't wait to see you prove that Syria has Saddam's WMDs...........chuckle. You didn't link that either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ] /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

wolfdancer
10-18-2007, 03:01 PM
Q, what these fiscal giants don't realize is how often the SS was raided by both parties, and the surplus diverted into other uses. As to getting out more then you put in.....it's insurance, and based on actuarial tables....some get more, some don't. I once read the avg. retiree draws 18 checks.
My Mom ruined their statistics, and I hope to do the same.
It was hard for many people to raise a family, meet the Family's needs, and put aside $$ for retirement....not when the kids needed milk, or health care.
And who gives a **** if this guy has any sympathy....it doesn't change anything. There's always one whinny dog in the litter, and usually it's the runt.
I think the SS issue was debated here a few years back, when Bush came up with his master plan to enrich stockbrokers.
The only problem with stock investing, is you can loose your shirt, buying into a company like Enron (Google Enron/Cheney)
or HEC....google ...aw shucks everybody knows the screw job there
Scarier still, Googling again....an Enron, Taliban, WH connection? web page (http://www.alternet.org/story/12525/) (I don't write this stuff, and don't have LWW's connections to authenticate the stories)

I paid into the system beginning from my early teens on....and if I'm now spending his ***nickel, that beer's going to taste that much better.
I have to verify with my union each year that I am still alive, to keep getting my retirement checks...they always sound disappointed....and I've pulled way more money out then I ever put in....I guess I'm ripping them off too.
He must have skipped school at Wharton the day they day they taught ins.

Drop1
10-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Dick,today the savings rate in America,is a negative,and the people with health insurance amounts to about half. I urged my son to set up a 401k,with both he and his wife,and put $500 a month into the American fund,and a program for the kids education. I have always worked,or had my own business,and have managed to rat hole a few bucks.I remember my first job,it paid $41.00 dollars for six days,no union,but they did take out Social Security,about seven dollars a week. A lot of people did not stash some cash,and I'm not going to ask them why,or pass judgement,they could have been low earners,due to a lot of reasons. Today,they are over sixty five,and need help.Guys,like the B.B,are a caliber of people that lack the gene for compassion,and not worthy of serious consideration. I called him a comic on my first reply to one of his many thoughtless posts,and I stand by that observation.

LWW
10-18-2007, 03:18 PM
So, you believe that if I blow my life's savings the govt should come and take yours to give to me?

Somehow I actually doubt this.

LWW

Drop1
10-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Ask me that,after your over sixty five,and broke. What the hell do you mean life savings,yours could be replaced by my paperboy.

LWW
10-18-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm almost 65 and far from broke thank you.

You need a lower priced paperboy BTW.

I'm confident would net worth is sufficient.

LWW

LWW
10-18-2007, 04:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> PLEASE!

People today are getting far more from SSI than they ever put in. <font color="blue"> Got a link? </font color> <hr /></blockquote>
SOITENLY! (http://www.ssa.gov/history/35acviii.html)
SSI was initially 1%.

NYUK-NYUK-NYUK-NYUK! (http://www.marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2004/11/the_social_secu.html)

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone seems to agree that in reforming social security we should not cut benefits to the already or soon-to-be retired. The political reasons for this are obvious but economically and morally the idea is as bankrupt as the program itself. It's the current (and past) retirees who have gotten the best deal from social security - many of them did better than they could have done in any other investment.

Ida May Fuller was the first social security recipient. She paid in a total of $24.75, retired in 1939, lived to be 100 years old in 1975, and in the process collected $22,888.92 in benefits. Ida May is an extreme example but it is true that for current and past retirees benefit increases, a growing economy and longer life expectancy made social security a real deal. It's today's workers and children for whom social security is a raw deal. Even if the system does not go bankrupt, current workers will receive a very poor return on their "investment."

In refusing to cut benefits to current and soon-to-be retirees the costs of any reform are forced onto those people for whom the system is already a poor return. It would be fairer to spread the costs to all recipients especially to those who have benefited from social security the most. <hr /></blockquote>

LWW &lt;---Likes Curly best.

LWW
10-18-2007, 04:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote LWW:</font><hr> The next generation will never get back what they put in.<font color="blue"> Got a link? </font color>
</font color> <hr /></blockquote>
OH...WISE GUY EH! (http://www.marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2004/11/the_social_secu.html)

LWW

LWW
10-18-2007, 04:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Lastly, I have little sympathy for someone who lived 65 years healthily and hasn't saved a nickle.<font color="blue"> No surprise there! </font color>

LWW <hr /></blockquote>
Just being honest and keeping it real. You should try it.

BTW, seen and buildings that collapsed inwards from the top floor as blew exploded from the bottome up? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LWW

LWW
10-18-2007, 04:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>You question EVERY fact but never provide a link to your own assertions.

Q [ can't wait to see you prove that Syria has Saddam's WMDs...........chuckle. You didn't link that either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ] /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

A couple of points here:

1-From AZB you of all people know I can link anything I post if I post it as fact. That's where you guys miss it, if I state my opinion I will note that it is my opinion. You guys confuse opinion with fact. And some take it a step further and confuse it with comedy shows and fantasy.

2-The only way to prove it 100% is to wait for an attack.

3-I do give you credit for cojones, after the beat down you and the truthers took at AZB I was stunned you of all people would challenge me to back up what I state as a verifiable fact.

LWW

Drop1
10-18-2007, 05:26 PM
I thought your opinions were based on facts /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifthanks for the correction. Then again a lot of them probably are just fantasy.

LWW
10-18-2007, 05:34 PM
So, you back up your point with nothing and ignore everything...and it voluminous...that shows you to be wrong and then you want to criticize someone else for not basing thing on facts?

WOW!

LWW

Drop1
10-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Must be hell,going through life trying to be taken seriously.I can only imagine the damage to the libido,and to top it off,your still here. Wow BB man,you have the right stuff. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LWW
10-19-2007, 04:06 AM
In all honesty...I judge my success by how whacked the neoleft gets from hearing it.

I know you don't want to hear the truth because it breaks up your game of hate, but since none of you can ever dispute any of it with a credible source I have to assume you realize the truth.

LWW

SKennedy
10-19-2007, 09:55 AM
I thought you were born in 1956? If so, that makes you 51, assuming you've already had your birthday this year. I would not call that almost, although at the rate time flies by you may be correct.
One thing you guys forget about....I've seen those who did set money aside. But plans do go awry and I've seen people lose a lot of money for a variety of reasons through no fault of their own and end up with only SS.

DeadCrab
10-19-2007, 11:02 AM
I've seen those who did set money aside. But plans do go awry and I've seen people lose a lot of money for a variety of reasons through no fault of their own and end up with only SS.

Yeah. Like they get sick with either no insurance or inadequate insurance, and lose it all.

Almost all of us are "one run stop sign" away from being homeless.

Drop1
10-19-2007, 12:16 PM
I assume you don't.

LWW
10-19-2007, 01:04 PM
You assume wrong again.

LWW

wolfdancer
10-22-2007, 12:15 PM
There are many unanswered questions
web page (http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnj6NxU4WHo)

LWW
10-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Ask away, maybe someone has an idea?

LWW