PDA

View Full Version : Graphite vs Fiberglass

steve617
10-19-2007, 10:32 AM
I was thinking about getting a new 21 oz cue for using for breaking. I use a 18 oz stick for normal play. I was looking at a maple core/ graphite shaft which I liked and was wondering if the fiberglass cues are much different than the graphite. The cue in paticular I was looking at is a Scorpion 22 which is fiberglass. Thanks

sygfrid
10-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Wow, quite a heavy cue considering you're used to an 18oz cue. May I ask why you're considering fiberglass or graphite for breaking?

steve617
10-19-2007, 01:38 PM
I was using a 21 oz cue and just last week got a 18 oz cue. I tried a graphite cue and what few shots I like it very good and thought it would be a good break cue. However I am a newbie when it comes to cues. Thanks

sygfrid
10-22-2007, 10:32 PM
I think cues w/ fiberglass like that of Scorpion has more "feel" than graphite because of the wood content. HOWEVER, neither is WARP PROOF. Graphites look aesthetically great, that's all about it.

If you'll ask me, I'll stick with an all-wood cue which has the best feel than the 2 mentioned above. Pool is a game of feel; if you can't feel the cue, how will your brain learn to execute the right shot again and again? Over time, you'll become more sensitive to this "feel" and you'll be looking for it

IMO, if you already have a graphite or a fiberglass cue, use it as a break cue instead. And if you get to save some more, buy a real break cue to maximize your full potential /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif